The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

She was working off a script until they asked her the tough questions: What color is her hair? (she's white) How tall is she? (Huh? She's not that tall) How much does she weigh? What's her date of birth?

You know, the real tough stuff. The dispatcher's head must have been spinning thinking that kid was the mother! Forty pounds, fifty pounds, sixty pounds. :eek:

The CNN file may be clearest but it's the most redacted. It eliminates RC's colorful word choices, and on that one, we don't hear him say "my F'ing daughter" like we do on the others. Nice guy.

I can't hear RC calling Haleigh at the beginning, but could he just have been saying her name when the recording began? I can't figure out how to use Audacity, I don't know how to connect it to the file, so I'm using very poor speakers (only one works) and my headphones. I can hear the female voice near the end and I did hear him talking about dope.

I'll give it another go and will be back.

Okay....I do hear his voice at the very beginning but I can't get it to come in clearer.

Does Misty yelp after the dispatcher asks for her last name in the first call? RC comes closer to her and I swear I heard a smack and a yelp.

When the operator asks "What was she wearing", I hear RC saying "in the middle of the night".

Did Misty says Haleigh is "5'4" or something like that, then she says "she's not that tall"?

Ron definitely got in his alibi before he hung up!

I do hear him say "sideways" but I can't make out the rest of it.

In the second call, when he answers, Ron whines and says, "Man, somebody better find my F'ng daughter".

Dispatcher asks for her date of birth and the loving daddy screams "F her date of birth".
Nice. This guy is a real class act.

I didn't recognize Misty as yelping- I thought she was gasping, as in either trying to catch control of herslef or getting ready to start sobbing. Seemed like the 911 operator even thought so because once after she made the noise, the operator thought she needed to start calming Misty down.

I would think if someone was there hurting her, they wouldn't have stopped with something that would have just made her yelp a little.

I don't know what there was he was cautioning her about touching, but it was enough for him to tell her to walk sideways around it.

A little while ago I read that the screen door was propped open with a brick, and the inner door was only open a few inches or so. That is what he was telling her to not touch.

The CNN file may be clearest but it's the most redacted. It eliminates RC's colorful word choices, and on that one, we don't hear him say "my F'ing daughter" like we do on the others.

I can't figure out how to use Audacity, I don't know how to connect it to the file, so I'm using very poor speakers (only one works) and my headphones.

~~Respectfully snipped~~

On Audacity, click on File at the top, then click on Open, and then you will see a box where you can locate the recording, and click on that. Hope that helps.
I tried last night, and couldn't get anywhere because of too much white noise (background noise.)

I have found a much clearer recording of the 911 call. You can hear Ron so clear in the background, cuss words and all. Most of the call is there, not redacted. It's 7 minutes and 9 seconds long.

I don't know if we can post a link to this, so someone please let me know.

For now, I'll just say that it is on "YT," uploaded by a user name that reminds me of "snow." :wink:

I didn't recognize Misty as yelping- I thought she was gasping, as in either trying to catch control of herslef or getting ready to start sobbing. Seemed like the 911 operator even thought so because once after she made the noise, the operator thought she needed to start calming Misty down.

I would think if someone was there hurting her, they wouldn't have stopped with something that would have just made her yelp a little.

It sounded like one smack at that point, and it was when RC got close to her, so I would say the pop was his hand meeting her flesh. He was very angry. I heard it on my 100th+ listening, I'm sure.

I just get stuck on how Misty sounds freaked out and scared... but then when the dispatcher asks for the numerical and she doesn't know what that is, she asks "numerical, what's that?" SO normal. her tone goes down, she sounds calm and normal. then when she confirms the dispatchers next question, she says "yes" all panicked again. Just weird.

Does Misty yelp after the dispatcher asks for her last name in the first call? RC comes closer to her and I swear I heard a smack and a yelp.

oh crap!!!!! I heard it too! You can hear a smack and she DEFINITELY reacts to it.

I just get stuck on how Misty sounds freaked out and scared... but then when the dispatcher asks for the numerical and she doesn't know what that is, she asks "numerical, what's that?" SO normal. her tone goes down, she sounds calm and normal. then when she confirms the dispatchers next question, she says "yes" all panicked again. Just weird.

That is so weird when she does that!

That is my red flag yeknomaras - there is no really frantic emotion to start with but what does get heightened is immediately dropped to nothing when asked a specific question. The heightened parts are only when Misty is describing an alibi - such as sleeping or doing laundry but when asked a question - she is dead as a stone.

~~Respectfully snipped~~

On Audacity, click on File at the top, then click on Open, and then you will see a box where you can locate the recording, and click on that. Hope that helps.
I tried last night, and couldn't get anywhere because of too much white noise (background noise.)

I have found a much clearer recording of the 911 call. You can hear Ron so clear in the background, cuss words and all. Most of the call is there, not redacted. It's 7 minutes and 9 seconds long.

I don't know if we can post a link to this, so someone please let me know.

For now, I'll just say that it is on "YT," uploaded by a user name that reminds me of "snow." :wink:

I found it! ;)
I can hear a smacking sound as well and then she yelps (& I swear I can hear him say "What's wrong with you? Get off the phone." and some more swatting sounds in the background. Like a pillow?) and M says "Ow, will you quit..(something and then..) I just got up." in her whiny voice.

This is the first I have listened to it on line.

Thanks, everyone, for your diligence in deciphering the 911 calls. I've tried to listen but get feedback from my speakers when the volume is at a level where I can actually hear the recording. I'll never understand why Misty was making this important call in the first place. Ron should have made the call to report his daughter missing, or TN, if she was there. jmo

I agree with you BDE. It should have been Ronald making that call OR at least answering the DOB, Weight, Height questions.

Where are you guys hearing the smacking sound-I didn't hear it BUT I want to. LOL

A simple answer to the thread question: no. I hear two people that go back and forth between upset, angry and normal.

I"m only up to page 3, so forgive me if this has been said. I hear Ronald saying ....we don't want them to find *advertiser censored**ing dope. At one point I hear Misty say....oh my God it's freaking cold. I hear Ronald say something about ...fault, and Misty responds by saying I just woke up. Toward the end, I hear Misty say something like.....sss where'd you do with it? I know that makes no sense, but it's what I heard. Like she is starting to say something that stars with an "S" and then.... what did you do with it...(only I hear) where'd you do with it. I think something was was cut from that part of the tape.

Reading this thread is like reading a book, and you can't wait till you get to the good part. I'm curious to see what others heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas212913
Around 4:30 or so (prob a few seconds before), Misty is talking to the 911 operator and Ron says to someone "they can't call my phone, I don't know where it's at".

Well, that's interesting... he is reported to have made lots of calls from his phone that night so when exactly did he misplace it?

This must be what they were talking about when I heard Misty say, "Where'd" you do with it.

OK, I have listened and listened and listened. I have deciphered lots, but really nothing that I feel is questionable or incriminating. I don't hear anything about Joe, maybe something about dope, but I don't know any 20-something-year-olds that call it "dope". If they do, they are just repeating what it was already called to them. For example: Ron, do you smoke dope? Ron: No, I don't smoke dope.
All this call has confirmed for me is that Misty knows more and I want some super-duper headphones and an audio program so I can decipher more 911 calls, JMO :D

911: “911, what’s your emergency”
Misty Croslin: “Hi…umm…I just woke up…and our backdoor was wide open and I think…and I can’t find our daughter”
911: “you can’t find what?”
Misty Croslin:”our daughter”
911:” OK, what’s your address?
Misty Croslin: “(inaudible)”
911: “OK, what’s the numerical?”
Misty Croslin: “The numerical…what’s that?”
911: “the number…green lane?”
Misty Croslin: “Yes”
911: “OK when did you last see her?”
Misty Croslin: “Um, we like just, you know…it was about 10 o’clock- she was sleeping- I was cleaning…
911: “OK- how old is your daughter?”
Misty Croslin: “She’s five”
911: “Ok…what was she last seen wearing? Maam…”
Misty Croslin: “She was in her pajamas- she was sleeping…”
911: “OK…alright…You said your back door was wide open?”
Misty Croslin: “yes- it was bricked- there was a brick on the floor…when I was asleep it was not like that.”
911: Ok…the back door…listen to me…your back door was wide open…what are you talking about a brick?”
911: “what is a brick?”
Misty Croslin: “it’s almost like– on the stairs- we have a walkway…”
911:” uh huh….and there was a brick laying there?”
Misty Croslin: “yes…it’s still there”
(background) tell them they’ve better come on…
911: “we’ve got em coming- tell him we’ve got them coming”
Misty Croslin: “they’re coming”
911: “Ok what’s the color of your house ma’am?
Misty Croslin: “blue”
911: “blue, OK
(pause)

OK- what does she look like? How tall is she? Give me some description of her.”
Misty Croslin: “How tall she she? Like long hair like curly…with curls..
911: “long curls…what color?”
911:” ok- what color hair? Brown hair?”
Misty Croslin: “Yes…oh my gosh….”
911: “OK- how tall is she about? Or how much does she weigh…do you know that?”
Misty Croslin: “huh?”
911: “about how tall or how much she weigh?”
Misty Croslin: “24 sounds about right- I don’t know- she’s not that tall….”
911: “OK-wait- tell your husband we’ve got them coming, ok?”
Misty Croslin: “OK”
911: “How much does she weigh- do you know?”
Misty Croslin: “huh?”
911: “How much does she weigh?”
Misty Croslin: “um…like 40-50 pounds- 60 pounds?
911: “40-60 pounds?”
Misty Croslin: “yeah”
911: “OK- let me get your name and phone number. Spell your last name…
spell your last name?
Was your back door locked do you know?”
Misty Croslin: “Yes…(inaudible)”
Ronald Cummings: “Man, I need somebody to get here now!”
911: “OK, let me speak to him…”
Ronald Cummings: “I just got home from work, my five-year-old daughter is gone- I need someone here now.”
911: “OK, listen to me…listen to me…we’ve got two officers…”
Ronald Cummings: “if I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I’m killing them…I don’t care- I will spend the rest of my life in prison….you can put that on the recording…I don’t care.”
911: “It’s OK sir, we’ve got them on the way…ok- can you give me…what kind of description of pajamas was she wearing? “
Ronald Cummings: “I don’t f%$ know!”
Cummings:” Hello”
911:” OK sir let me just talk to your wife. Let me get some information from her. “
Misty: (inaudible) crying. “I don’t wanna…(inaudible)”
911: “Can I talk to her? OK”
Misty: “inaudible”
Cummings: (inaudible, in background ) “Where my daughter at?”
911:” Ma’am. OK listen I need you to answer some questions. Does the door look like it was pried open?”
Misty:” Umm… (inaudible)”
911: “Does it look like you had to sorta…like someone tried to enter your house.”
Misty: “Umm. Hold On.”
911:” And another thing, make sure you and your husband don’t touch the door anymore. Don’t mess with the door or anything. “
Misty: “No it doesn’t. “
911: “it doesn’t look like it is?”
Misty: “No”
911: “Ok, now listen, tell your husband, do not touch anything- because we are going to get a k-9 out there”
Misty: “ok….she said don’t touch anything because they are bringing a k-9 out here”
Ronald Cummings: “they better bring f’ing something out here- because if I get my hands on that mother f’er I’m going to kill him…I don’t give a f%*)@# about prison…mother F’ing prison doesn’t scare me.”
911:” ok, we understand- we’ve got them on the way
What’s her name…{redacted}…how do you spell her first name…{redacted}…what’s her middle name? …{redacted}. And the spelling of the last name is? …{redacted}.”
Misty: “well, that’s my last name”
911: “What’s her date of birth?
Ronald Cummings: “i’m going to f’ing kill somebody”
911:”Tell him we understand- we need to get her date of birth.”
Misty: “what’s her date of birth?”
Ronald Cummings: “F her date of birth- we need to find her- f her date of birth.”
911: ” Ok Listen to me, I’m getting this information- I’m not the officer driving out there ok? - they are coming out there to handle that situation. I need to gather all the information from you over the phone…it has nothing to do with me driving out there…ok? They are coming out there…ok?”
Misty: “ok”
911: “ok, I’m going to stay on the phone with you ok? Until they get there…ok?”
Misty: “ok”
(backgroud noise)
911: “tell him we’ve got them coming, he’s got to calm down a little bit. The officers are going to come out there and do what they can. We can’t have him screaming and yelling at the officers whenever they get there ok?”
Misty:” Uh huh…”
Ronald Cummings: “where is my f’ing phone…we’ve got better people to talk to then some mother f’ers who ain’t coming.”

First thing Misty says is her alibi "I was sleeping"
Then she goes to the staging "the backdoor was wide open" (is wide open or was?)
Finally she gets to the purpose of the call and says Haleigh is missing, or at least she thinks she is.

First thing Ron says when he gets on the phone? Alibi- "I just got home from work"

Was the door locked, yes.
Does it look like someone pried it open, nope.

Now that I am seeing this again after the case first started ,I am even more saddened by it.

He did state an Alibi pretty quick. I would think if he was completely n the dark about anything he would have been trying to make sence of what was happening instead of spewing death threats. Like did she go outside, Did she try to go to grandma's next door
I find it hard to believe he could even stand there and listen to Misty call 911 I would have thought he be out side looking for ANYTHING lights on at who evers( what can I see from here) tire tracks, an sounds I could here. I would have looked at the door they wouldnt of had to ask me what it looked like because if my kid is missing I want to use whatever clues are arround me to find out why. As a parent there are common sence things you make sure of before you freak out. I would not of went back into the house until the police arrived because I would be scared I may miss something . But not Ron he had calls to make.
I had my kids fall asleep behind chairs or hide and scare the crap out of me but they were always in the house and I have always checked doors FIRST before looking. If my doors were locked and I woke up with a brick and told this to my hubby we would be checking for pry marks right then before picking the phone up. We would have been able to answer that question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back