2010.04.23 Grandma Sykes and Neves Search at the St.John River

Oh carp............................

Maybe the police searched the dock area because they found TN and GMS out there.

Maybe granny Hollars called GMS and said Tommy was telling them where the body was or something related to the murder but never told them where it was. Maybe they just decided to go there on their own for some reason they have to explain now.

Maybe the police searched the dock area because they found TN and GMS out there.

Maybe granny Hollars called GMS and said Tommy was telling them where the body was or something related to the murder but never told them where it was. Maybe they just decided to go there on their own for some reason they have to explain now.

Doc, that's what I was thinking too..Maybe all GMF had to say was that Tommy was "talking" and GMS/TN already knew where to go...and if that's the case, how would they know...they must've known that Tommy had knowledge of this place.

But when I think about it, GMF lives in TN, would she have been able to give them this exact location in FL, KWIM? When we hear tales of what Misty/Tommy has told her she just says that they threw her in the river. It's not like GMF said "Misty told me they threw her in the river off the dock near Shell Harbour". KWIM? She doesn't seem to give THOSE details when she tells her story?

Maybe she told them, I dunno...this is crazy.

Doc, that's what I was thinking too..Maybe all GMF had to say was that Tommy was "talking" and GMS/TN already knew where to go...and if that's the case, how would they know...they must've known that Tommy had knowledge of this place.

But when I think about it, GMF lives in TN, would she have been able to give them this exact location in FL, KWIM? When we hear tales of what Misty/Tommy has told her she just says that they threw her in the river. It's not like GMF said "Misty told me they threw her in the river off the dock near Shell Harbour". KWIM? She doesn't seem to give THOSE details when she tells her story?

Maybe she told them, I dunno...this is crazy.

GMS/TN know something...IMO and want to find it and clean it up just like they did with the kids laundry. They don't want Ron's perfect picture of fatherhood marred...

It looked like several docks in a row............how would anyone know for sure?
Did Tom/MC tell the LE the right dock?
How would GH know which dock?
But TN/GGS as on dock and in woods before LE??
Is that correct?

It's possible. There's a phrase that goes something like this when you want something to get out -- telephone, telegraph, tell *advertiser censored*.

I am serious..

I really think I wouldn't care what I found.. just anything to do with my child would satisfy me...
If my child was missing, I would be in such a state of panic that my thought would be no where near thinking of the LE or wrecking a crime scene....it probably would be I want my child back in my arms...I imagine that a child that has passed away is still loved with same intensity as he/she was loved when he/she was alive, perhaps more...
Again, this has never happened to me, so like I said, I am assiming these are the things I would most likley do..

Zaha, I would probably agree with you regarding not thinking about the possibility of destroying any evidence in a panic IF we were talking about something that happened 14 months ago. Say for instance, someone had called GGMS and TN the night of HaLeigh's disappearance and told them about the search, but that's not the case here, they weren't in any kind of panic..unless it was to get down there and make sure there was nothing of Ron's left lying around before LE got there the next morning..<<< MOO

I still say that they risked comprising anything and everything by going down to the search area ahead of time and the fact that they did so without regard to what may be destroyed in the process tells me that they don't care whether this case is solved to be honest. The only reason that I can think of why they would feel that way, would be because they KNOW who the perp is and do not want him caught..Ronald Cummings..that's who I believe it is and I believe that they know it..ALL is nothing more than MO however..

In the Morgan Harrington case, her mother was able to look at was left of her body and stated that she had "beautiful bones." Some thought that was morbid but I saw it as a sign of her love for her daughter and feeling she was beautiful in death as well as in life. However, this was done after Morgan's body was found and with LE's knowledge and also, Morgan's mother is a nurse and is very aware of anatomy and death.

Personally, if my grandchild were missing, I would want his or her body found and I have no problem with a grandparent wanting that. After coming to terms with a grandchild's body being found, I might possibly want to see it. However, I don't think I would want to be the one to find it, especially when I knew LE would be searching the next day.

If they search, it is suspicious. If they don't search, it is suspicious.

I need a "why are you on the fence" thread.

Kimster, never said it before but I appreciate what you and the other mods due on this thread. There are times when I think you deserve "combat pay" and I think you'll really deserve it in the weeks to come. I try hard to behave because I'm afraid you'll get that raygun out again.

I don't know what detailed information they got, but if I was a grandparent of a missing child, I might not be able to stay away from a suspected site. especially if I thought the cops were blowing it. After 14 months, I'd want some answers, regardless of how I got them. Do I think they should've gone without contacting LE? No, but if their relationship is strained, I could understand. Now, why THEY went, is only known to them.

also, if LE didn't want them there, they should've already secured the place, since they were planning the search. Didn't they figure these women out, during the Mondex search? You'd think LE would've learned their lesson.

also, if LE didn't want them there, they should've already secured the place, since they were planning the search. Didn't they figure these women out, during the Mondex search? You'd think LE would've learned their lesson.

I don't think that is true Dodie - Tommy and his lawyer did not meet with LE and the SA's office until 5 pm on Monday. He took them to the dock area sometime after 7pm - the search could not have been planed before 5pm. This information comes directly from Werter's press release.

GGMa Sykes and TN were there, according to them, on Monday afternoon which would have been before Tommy gave up the information to LE.

Add media release: http://www.artharris.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/James-Werter-Press-Release.pdf

Back on topic Neves and Sykes Search around shell harbor

I don't have time on this borrowed laptop to scan each entry could someone please tell me how Gma Hollars came to have the information that the search was going to happen and she was then able to relate to TN and AS?

Thank you so much.

I don't think that is true Dodie - Tommy and his lawyer did not meet with LE and the SA's office until 5 pm on Monday. He took them to the dock area sometime after 7pm - the search could not have been planed before 5pm. This information comes directly from Werter's press release.

GGMa Sykes and TN were there, according to them, on Monday afternoon which would have been before Tommy gave up the information to LE.

Add media release: http://www.artharris.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/James-Werter-Press-Release.pdf
but wouldn't LE have known from letters & phone calls?

I mentioned this to my son who is in LE and he said the only reason one would go there is to make sure all their tracks were covered so nothing could come back on them in this case. I asked him if they could get into trouble for contaminating a crime scene and he said no because it hadn't been roped off yet.

but wouldn't LE have known from letters & phone calls?

Doesn't look that way to me. Whisperer could probably better answer the letters questions as I seem to recall mail is not exactly read (recall Nay Nay's letter got out without LE knowing it). Phone calls possibly but LE sure wouldn't tell anyone in advance they were going to do the search and I sure can't see why they would drag Tommy over there late Monday evening if this search was already planned. If they knew about it - they didn't need Tommy to show them anything.

I mentioned this to my son who is in LE and he said the only reason one would go there is to make sure all their tracks were covered so nothing could come back on them in this case. I asked him if they could get into trouble for contaminating a crime scene and he said no because it hadn't been roped off yet.

Thank you, I always appreciate a LEO providing an explanation of how things actually work !

JMHO, I think GMS and TN got thrown a curve ball by the least likely individual instead of ducking they ran right into it! :twocents:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back