2010.05.10 - Casey Anthony Motions Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Baez stick with Your Honor all the way through or did he revert back to Judge? He was doing quite well with it for the first 15 minutes.
He referred to His Honour as Judge at some point today.

Quite frankly.
Quite frankly.

If I had the time, I would count how many times he says this...hope I never have to hear those two words again.

:banghead:

Who the h3ll is Frankly and why won't be be quite?:dance:
:floorlaugh:

I just watched the repeat coverage of the trial on InSession and she passed the note/envelope just prior to JB spouting off about people holding signs on street corners and just before Judge P interupted him.. If it were to be given to JB... WHY did the guard kind of hide it in her pocket??? Something seems fishy to me....

I noticed at the hearing, that the paralegal left the room and came back in several times, and spent most of the hearing sitting back in the benches instead of up by the defense table. Thought it was odd... I missed the note-passing though.

Something was going on there, just not sure what. :waitasec:

IMO JB sees himself as Atticus. He wants people to stand up when he leaves the courtroom...
(insert voice over of "Kathy Griffin" saying in a high pitched voice ..."ego!")

I just watched the repeat coverage of the trial on InSession and she passed the note/envelope just prior to JB spouting off about people holding signs on street corners and just before Judge P interupted him.. If it were to be given to JB... WHY did the guard kind of hide it in her pocket??? Something seems fishy to me....

She also motioned phone call with her hand to someone near the court reporter as she was stuffing it in her pocket.

Watching JB in practice grates on my nerves, and I am nowhere near being an attorney.

However, I do have some concerns. It seems like his strategy is working at least a little bit. He files motions asking for evidence, a lot of these seem to be asking for evidence he is not entitled to, or asking the wrong agency for, and he is seemingly leaving the impression with at least a few by these motions that the state is withholding evidence from the defense.

Well that makes sense. Since they will try to impeach everyone else, I imagine the prosecution is on their hit list as well for "shady dealings". And imagine what a potential juror might think when they watch these proceedings.

Well one thing different today, Baez managed NOT to mention TES, however he did manage to get a clip of Tim and Mark in his pathetic, sloppy 2 min presentation.

Well one thing different today, Baez managed NOT to mention TES, however he did manage to get a clip of Tim and Mark in his pathetic, sloppy 2 min presentation.
I lol'd, quite frankly.

Could the note passed to the guard have been letter from George and/or Cindy?

Did anyone notice that during the Party Pix discussion, Baez tried to say the the State's theory is that Caylee dies on June 16, so what happened on June 20th has no relevance?????!!!!!

I would hope that someone would put a video together of ca telling that she gave the wrong hairbrush to LE and laughed about that --- along with jb boldly announcing that kc would not give any info to LE since it could possibly be used against her (since he already knew where this was going--this was said so long ago---thus all those mtgs in summer & fall 2008 at his office...which again begs the question WTH were they talking about all that time since they were supposed to be doing legal work for the possible situation she is in currently....

I thought that it was odd when Judge Perry asked about future hearings/motions and no one menton possible TES hearing that was recently filed?

Did anyone notice that during the Party Pix discussion, Baez tried to say the the State's theory is that Caylee dies on June 16, so what happened on June 20th has no relevance?????!!!!!

I almost fell out of my chair when he said that! So it seems they are still heading towards a SODDI defense. Because of course KC was going about her regular routine on the 20th because she didn't know Caylee was dead. Just don't think that one is going to fly - at all!

wasn't that just way way out there???? along with everything else he said going along the lines of why they would even do a trial against his client based on ??????? I mean where does he come up with this????? He knows why they are there and it isn't because we all want to torture his client by her presence or give him addition practice a playing lawyer....it is for the death an innocent child at the hands of his client---:furious::furious:

Okay someone in the know please help me here.

When is Judge Perry going to actually hear and rule on the TES motion and get it over with once and for all? Does anyone know? I kept waiting for it this morning and got up to watch at 6am my time in hopes of seeing that particular smackdown.

I certainly did. I wish JB luck with that one. I would love for him to make that part of his opening statement to the jury. :)

PS- love your sig about trolls...if only people would follow it

I almost fell out of my chair when he said that! So it seems they are still heading towards a SODDI defense. Because of course KC was going about her regular routine on the 20th because she didn't know Caylee was dead. Just don't think that one is going to fly - at all!
But she knew her baby was kidnapped.

Baez's argument ='s epic fail.

I wish I had gotten up earlier to watch this. I am a bit late weighing in on this ; ;

I just wanted to comment on a few things earlier said in the thread about Jose's media appearances. He absolutely ran the gamut on every outlet of the media circuit (circus!)
And therein lies the irony in displaying this media video of "public opinion" in open court. That irony was well reflected in Judge Strickland's motion recusing himself. I really don't think Mr. Jose Baez is a media hound to be honest. I think his inexperience as a lawyer in high profile cases lead him to think that he needed to balance the media coverage. I believe he thought if he could put just as much out there supporting Casey Anthony, that he was in some way actually preserving the potential of a jury to be unbiased. Of course, that backfired. And much of what he said on television about the case has provided fodder for months, and only fueled the fire of the public's anger in this case (quite justified I might add.)

I just wanted to add that thought:) And as usual, I state that I am wrong alot, and could certainly be mistaken again. I know Mr. Baez has certainly given the impression that he wants to use this case to increase his coffers, or to use this notoriety as a launching pad for a more lucrative career. I'm sure those two reasons play some part in his media campaign, but I think his media mistakes are more likely due to inexperience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner