OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The south entrance is where the red dot is?Theres no parking lot?No one would see him leave?

The red dot is the south entrance. He probably wasn't seen leaving, or abducted is what I think happened. Lured away.

This has me thinking...I used to watch a little girl who went to a very nice church preschool when she was 3. She went across the hall to the bathroom and inside a stall was a man who molested her. He just walked in and hid and no one noticed him. He was never found...I think b/c it's a church and the sanctuary is right next to the classrooms, he could have walked in like he was going to pray and no one would have thought anything of it. I hope nothing like this happened to Kyron.

With all the activity going on that morning, how easy would it have been to just walk into Kyron's school? At my daughter's school EVERYONE must scan their license and wear a sticker with their name and picture on it and where they are going when they come in the front door. When they come in through the cafeteria, they must sign in with a teacher and wear a visitor's sticker. No one can just walk in for any reason. Does anyone know if there's a system like this in place at Kyron's school? This whole case has me just sick with worry. I don't understand how anyone could hurt a child.

If scent dogs didn't trace him any further then that entrance outside?Maybe he was taken by car?That says to me it was planned?It doesn't look like cars usually go there to that entrance does it?

Police dogs have been sniffing around the Skyline region since Friday evening.
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...-Grounds/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?rss=1100

Meanwhile, police walked the school grounds with K-9 tracking teams, searched every room and closet inside the school and even checked the roof.
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Officers, working with sniffer dogs, have combed the hilly, wooded area around Skyline Elementary.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

This has me thinking...I used to watch a little girl who went to a very nice church preschool when she was 3. She went across the hall to the bathroom and inside a stall was a man who molested her. He just walked in and hid and no one noticed him. He was never found...I think b/c it's a church and the sanctuary is right next to the classrooms, he could have walked in like he was going to pray and no one would have thought anything of it. I hope nothing like this happened to Kyron.

With all the activity going on that morning, how easy would it have been to just walk into Kyron's school? At my daughter's school EVERYONE must scan their license and wear a sticker with their name and picture on it and where they are going when they come in the front door. When they come in through the cafeteria, they must sign in with a teacher and wear a visitor's sticker. No one can just walk in for any reason. Does anyone know if there's a system like this in place at Kyron's school? This whole case has me just sick with worry. I don't understand how anyone could hurt a child.

They had no check in process in place that day. Anyone could have walked in or out. They even had a sign out front advertising the fact that a science fair and talent show was going on that day.

No, the red dot is on what would be considered the west or north entrance, that picture is turned around. The south entrance is either the one on the other side opening to the parking lot or the main entrance in the front, depending on what you define as truly south.
Thank you.Oh,Now I'm really really confused LOL.I'm getting a headache LOL.I think I just need sleep.So in that picture where is the south entrance?

They had no check in process in place that day. Anyone could have walked in or out. They even had a sign out front advertising the fact that a science fair and talent show was going on that day.

Thank you! There's so much information I haven't dug through yet and I just wanted to make sure. All I can do is just shake my head at this whole situation.

It's really unbelievable how we moderators have posted numerous times NOT to post anything about possible perps in Kyron's family, and yet posters continue to do so.

We're not joking about this.

We've given a handful of timeouts already this evening.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Hoppy
mod

I just hope the ground search continues and is a thorough one and not abandoned due to lack of resources and chasing after trucks.

Any child's face would be startled after a near-miss accident, IMO, which I think is what happened when that man said he saw a child who looked like Kyron. Of course they have to follow up if they can; hopefully they are broadcasting for the driver to contact LE to be ruled out (Are they? Somehow I doubt it...)

If someone took him, stats usually say either he was taken out of area at once, or sadly, harmed and left nearby. Not sure when the alleged sightings were but I would be surprised if anyone who might have him would still be in the area at all. And searching landfills is a major operation, not something they can just do and check off.

This is the 4th night, not sure how much longer LE has to find him, if he is outside in the elements.

I am not sure why Jim Kelley is being investigated here? Is it because he reported a sighting of a truck in his area?

I just got back and am catching up so I apologize if someone already answered this - but for me, I am not investigating him, I am trying to find out where he lives so we can determine where the sighting of the white truck was.

Did we ever find out if the science fair was for all the grades and all the age groups were in the halls?If it was till 10am,kids and parents were going in and out of classrooms till then.If he did go to his class and his teacher wasn't in the room,he might have not been sure what to do and just started wandering in the hall.

Since there was basically no security measures,no controlled supervision,disorganization and people everywhere,this could have happened to any child there where the parent didn't take them directly to class or was not there.And if he went to his class and teacher wasn't there,he might have went to see if his mom was gone yet,maybe why he was at that back door.If he was seen at 9am around that door,it was only about 15 minutes after she left.He's only 7 years old and he was probably confused,it was out of routine and a bunch of people he didn't know everywhere.

Has anyone started a candle lighting site for Kyron? Also, any word of any prayer vigils planned?

And if a stranger saw him and he looked confused or whatever,they could have told him they'd help find his teacher or his mother.KWIM

At my child's school, we sign in through the front office. They check our identification, take our car keys, and give us a visitor's pass with specific information about who we are and what we are doing. There is no way anyone can get past the front desk office clerk, she is very observant.

IMHO, all schools should follow similar procedures.

So there was/is no press conf that was mentioned in the 4 presser, to possibly take place at 7:30 or 8 this evening?

No, the red dot is on what would be considered the west or north entrance, that picture is turned around. The south entrance is either the one on the other side opening to the parking lot or the main entrance in the front, depending on what you define as truly south.

Do you have the address of the school? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members