OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up camping in those woods. Salmonberry was my favorite of all of the locations we frequented in the Coast Range. Salmonberry Rd. itself is now paved for a brief spell, but only very, very briefly. All of the roads back in there are gravel roads and logging access roads. The gravel roads are car-accessible but some of the logging roads aren't. It's technically BLM land I believe. I used to know that place like the back of my hand, my dad probably still does. We preferred a spot at the end of the dirt road about 12 miles in.

More recently when I've visited, it's been pretty disappointing; there's quite a bit of trash and evidence of a significant amount of partying. I think a ton of young adults hang out at various locations back in there. All over the place makeshift fire pits are surrounded by empty bottles, old dirty tarps, and just general trash. It's also fairly popular for hunting.

It's wilderness, and after a while the gravel roads can all start to look the same. I wouldn't think someone would choose this location for something so risky unless they were somewhat familiar with it, but as I said it seems like more people are trashing it these days. My sister (10 years younger) will know better than me exactly who's hanging out most of the time. She doesn't live very far from there. I can try asking her some questions about it if anyone would be interested in that, although until they probe this tip further I'm not sure what we'd even ask. I'll make sure her and her friends know to be on the lookout for anyone out of character.

It's absolutely heartbreaking for me to think that what used to be my playground could potentially be used for something so sinister. It's hard to even think about. I want this boy found so bad.

Saying no LE update yet today. SAR setting up at a nearby quarry for today.

Fourth grader interviewed said he was asked "Do you know him" "Did you ever see him?" When going to the bathroom they need to take a buddy.

That's all. No mention of a presser for today yet.

Did LE amend the time last seen to 8:45? If so, this could indeed elminate sightings after stepmother left him in the hall...but again, it may also be reading too much into too little. I can't recall ever being this much in the dark about what could have happened this far into a missing child case, for quite some time.

I just don't think LE has decided that this is an abduction and I am uncertain as well; I hope the ground search is very thorough as it seems that the landscape is incredibly dense. Some people on a news website said yesterday that on Sunday, some searchers were giving up due to the density of the foliage, etc...I hope spots were not skipped.

I don't know where the link is now because I think I was reading it late last night.(not the Drood link, but the following info). But do you remember that Drood who had a comment about the appointment?

I know I read last night somewhere on here that the appointment comment has been confirmed, but it was said that "wires were crossed". Implying that the appointment was for another day. Obviously, Monday.

So, LE could certainly check if there was an appointment on Monday.

It's interesting that Drood's comments are verified (I believe). No link, however from me. ( about the verification info about the appt. Does anyone know where it is?)

Right now, for me, it comes down to the appointment.

So, if the teacher didn't hear it correctly-the appt was for Monday, that is why she marked him absent and didn't call. She heard that the appt was for that day.

I feel that the teacher is totally vindicated.

So, what about this appt?

hiya human :wave:

DOOD COMMENTS posted earlier in thread click: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5258052&postcount=105"]here[/ame]

ETA: !!! I think his post has been deleted !!!

Relatives Of Missing Ore. Boy Urge Optimism
Kyron Horman Vanished From School​

--
Relatives of a 7-year-old Portland boy who went missing from his elementary school and hasn't been seen for five days urged those working to find him to carry on the search with optimism.
Twenty-two state, local and federal agencies have been following up on more than 1,200 tips in the search for Kyron Horman, who disappeared from Skyline Elementary School on Friday. Multnomah County sheriff's deputies and volunteers have been searching the densely wooded area near the pastoral school since then.​

Did LE amend the time last seen to 8:45? If so, this could indeed elminate sightings after stepmother left him in the hall...but again, it may also be reading too much into too little. I can't recall ever being this much in the dark about what could have happened this far into a missing child case, for quite some time.

I just don't think LE has decided that this is an abduction and I am uncertain as well; I hope the ground search is very thorough as it seems that the landscape is incredibly dense. Some people on a news website said yesterday that on Sunday, some searchers were giving up due to the density of the foliage, etc...I hope spots were not skipped.

I haven't seen LE amend the last time seen from 9am, an additional sighting to the stepmom leaving Kyron on the way to his classroom at 8:45. I'm going by direct quotes from LE.

Saying no LE update yet today. SAR setting up at a nearby quarry for today.

Anyone know if that is the possible quarry I referred to in an earlier post when discussing the mapping area (Jules? anyone?)
Post #385?
TIA.

I haven't seen LE amend the last time seen from 9am, an additional sighting to the stepmom leaving Kyron on the way to his classroom at 8:45. I'm going by direct quotes from LE.

Yet in their one PC they said a late hour of the morning. 9am is not what I would consider late morning.

Second of all, it was reported that the SM met up with the bus, and that's how she found out. I am wondering if that is normal for her to do? ( I know nobody actually knows this, just thinking outloud here.) I know many parents probably do meet with their kids at the bus stop, so I am not saying anything bad. Even if it wasn't normal, she could have met the bus to help him carry home his project, assuming he was to bring it home. It is all very confusing, and I just hope and pray along with all of you that he is found safe and soon!

snipped for space

I think this is a very good question. Did SM regularly meet him at the bus stop - or just this time to help carry his project?

Did the projects get taken home by all the kids that day?

Anyone know any more about the rumor reported in the comments on a new link about SM calling to ask when she could pick up the project?

*snipped* article is from June 8
The Multhnomah County sheriff's office reported that no one at the school saw Kyron after 8:45 a.m. Friday and that Kyron never made it to his classroom.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/08/oregon.missing.child/index.html?hpt=T3

Anyone know if that is the possible quarry I referred to in an earlier post when discussing the mapping area (Jules? anyone?)
Post #385?
TIA.

IIRC, the reporter said nearby and he was at the school.

:

Do you have a link to a direct quote from LE saying that Kyron was seen at 9:00 am and that it is an additional sighting to the stepmom leaving Kyron at 8:45? I haven't seen that. As far as I know, the time of 8:45 has not been confirmed by LE and has been mentioned in the news only as coming from the stepmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2