Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AOL/David Lohr article also says this"

"Dietz tells AOL News he thinks there are "some plausible theories and some implausible theories" about why van der Sloot confessed. The former would include highly skilled police interviewers, van der Sloot's own sense of self-preservation and the appeal of confinement in Peru, where van der Sloot could possibly bribe prison guards or escape, Dietz says."

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...an-van-der-sloots-alleged-confession/19508576

I figured that was the case when I was looking up Peruvian prisons, one has broken bars on the windows, and if thin enough, it looked as if you could bend the break and squeeze through.

From the article it seems that Joran told the police that he used marijuana, but tox tests show that cocaine was in his system also. He's even lying about that. Also, from what I can decipher from the article Stephany had drugs in her system without saying which drugs, but I am assuming they are the same drugs as Joran - marijuana and cocaine.

I'm still confused as to the amount of blood. Was the blood from the beating with racket/bat? Was there cast off blood splatter on the ceiling?.
He does appear to be freshly showered in the videotape and his hair is wet. He must have had a room with a bathroom/

she went to get high
her pants look like little stretch waist pull on legging or capri pants in the video.
we do not have direct confirmation of wether or not there is any sexually related dna on the body, it only appears there was no sex.
we don't know if he may have tied her up at some point to keep her in bed while he ran out.
we don't really know when she was killed.
she may have freed herself and was trying to leave when he returned.

she could have been beaten while she was unconcious.

he could be a mastrubator and there is no penetration.

he did not kill her because she found out who he was.

she did not have enough time to find any thing incriminating, especially being that she didnt know any thing about natalie.

i think he had her car keys and money in his pocket when he went to the store.

he used her money to pay the room.

From the article it seems that Joran told the police that he used marijuana, but tox tests show that cocaine was in his system also. He's even lying about that. Also, from what I can decipher from the article Stephany had drugs in her system without saying which drugs, but I am assuming they are the same drugs as Joran - marijuana and cocaine.

This is a confusing article as the original language is Dutch and is this coming from a Dutch newspaper or a Dutch reporter in Peru.

I don't think we know the results of the toxicology report regarding Stephany.

Hopefully Jean C will be standing in front of the camera with some "accurate" information today.

OT: I saw where Natalee's parents are divorced. Were they divorced when she went missing or is their marriage another casualty of JVS?

Beth was divorced from Natalie's father (Dave Holloway) at the time Natalie went missing and Beth was married to George 'Jug' Twitty, but now Beth is divorced from Twitty as well.

I cannot understand why the girl in Peru went with Joran. She seems to be holding her head down when walking thru the hotel lobby, maybe she was 'under the influence' of something, or maybe just trying to shield her face. What a awful and sad waste.

According to researchers at this point, you have committed murder, but this fact has caused more shock to the alleged perpetrator. "The Dutchman citizen down to the reception room and walks on the catwalk. He was holding a styrofoam cup of coffee. After the Administrator charged the two-day stay, up again, "This cold after having committed the murder, and the fact that minutes after they fled, investigators are to "facts that aggravate their situation."

http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&rlz=1I7ADFA_en

Hey all,

I'll be gone for awhile right now, but when I get back, I'll get to work on anything in the translation thread (that's Spanish - we do have a Dutch translator, as well, around here) and I know Mohabi will be back to translate, later, too! I'm sure others will jump in and help, as well!

So if you find anything you'd like done, stick it over here and once of us will get to it soon! :)

Can whoever starts the next thread (or one of you who posts earlier on) try to include a link to the translation thread for us?

Thanks!

Good work over here in the thread!

IMHO- I do not believe JVS's story, but I do believe that some of the things he has stated in his story are true and others are not. I believe that Joran's father, over the years, coached Joran in how to combine fact and fiction to come up with a story to confuse investigators. IMO, Pat Brown's take on the situation is closer to the truth:

But the story doesn't sound right to Brown.

"He said, 'I did not want to do it' and 'She had no right,' " Brown says. "I think what he was saying is, 'She didn't want to do it' and 'She had no right to refuse me' " -- as in, Flores refused his sexual advances.

Once again, here is the link to that article: What the Experts Hear in van der Sloot Confession

Until the investigators confirm that Stephany did discover his identity by using his computer, I will not believe it. IMO -- Joran's motive was robbery.

Snipped from, Family Suggests Van Der Sloot Confession Coerced

And his family is suggesting any confession might have been forced out of him, reports CBS News Correspondent Elaine Quijano

In coming days, the Dutchman is expected to be taken back to a Lima hotel room to re-enact the crime.

Van der Sloot's mother spoke to her 22-year-old son and says the confession may have been coerced.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/joran.van.der.2.1741136.html

good. one can only hope.

I know I have an active imagination but I'm convinced that this narcissist has all manner of things on his computer. Pictures, videos -- or at the very least telling bookmarks and emails to other crimes he may have committed and been involved in. I hope there is something in there about the "help" he received from Aruban authorities.

COFFEE ANYONE!!!

CNN: Joran said he left the hotel room to buy bread and coffee at a gas station next to the hotel and returned to find Flores on his laptop.

FOX: According to Interview with VAN SUSTEREN and MARK FUHRMAN:
Joran went to the hotel room with the woman 5:00 in the morning left and came back with two cups of coffee.
Police are not sure where he went. It was reported he went to the grocery store across the street but they don't start serving coffee until 8:30.
Joran knew there were video cameras because the screen behind the desk.
At 8:10 that morning he leaves and gets two cups of coffee, it is most likely to state that the girl is still alive and her DNA would be on the cup IF it was left in the room.

Huffington Post: "Video from hotel security cameras shows the two entering Van der Sloot's room together at 5 a.m. Sunday and Van der Sloot leaving alone four hours later with his bags. Police say Van der Sloot also left the hotel briefly at 8:10 a.m. and returned with two cups of coffee and bread purchased across the street at a supermarket."

New York Post: "Gen. Guardia said that at 8:10 a.m., nearly an hour and a half before leaving the hotel, van der Sloot walked across the street alone, bought bread and two cups of coffee at a supermarket and returned to his hotel room."

Radio Netherlands: "A Peruvian newspaper, El Comcercio, reports that Joran van der Sloot then fetched two cups of coffee and some bread from a vendor opposite the hotel. Having returned, he left again at 9.30 am, driving off in Ms Flores’ car. The paper, citing police reports, says she died between 08.10 am and 9.30 am. Her body was found in the hotel room a few days later."

I don't remember a report of coffee cups being found in the room, only coke cans. The best evidence I have heard is in the trash cans.

I just watched a segment of InSession. Joran's mother arrived in Lima and has hired a private attorney for Joran. It looks like Joran will be trying to undue his confession by saying that it was coerced. That's good, maybe now he will give the real confession containing the real motive for Stephany's murder, not the one that says he killed Stephany because she invaded the privacy of his laptop without his permission.

Snipped from, Family Suggests Van Der Sloot Confession Coerced

And his family is suggesting any confession might have been forced out of him, reports CBS News Correspondent Elaine Quijano

In coming days, the Dutchman is expected to be taken back to a Lima hotel room to re-enact the crime.

Van der Sloot's mother spoke to her 22-year-old son and says the confession may have been coerced.

Ah so it's the FBI that paid that money, I didn't understand that part before

COFFEE ANYONE!!!

CNN: Joran said he left the hotel room to buy bread and coffee at a gas station next to the hotel and returned to find Flores on his laptop.

FOX: According to Interview with VAN SUSTEREN and MARK FUHRMAN:
Joran went to the hotel room with the woman 5:00 in the morning left and came back with two cups of coffee.
Police are not sure where he went. It was reported he went to the grocery store across the street but they don't start serving coffee until 8:30.
Joran knew there were video cameras because the screen behind the desk.
At 8:10 that morning he leaves and gets two cups of coffee, it is most likely to state that the girl is still alive and her DNA would be on the cup IF it was left in the room.

Huffington Post: "Video from hotel security cameras shows the two entering Van der Sloot's room together at 5 a.m. Sunday and Van der Sloot leaving alone four hours later with his bags. Police say Van der Sloot also left the hotel briefly at 8:10 a.m. and returned with two cups of coffee and bread purchased across the street at a supermarket."

New York Post: "Gen. Guardia said that at 8:10 a.m., nearly an hour and a half before leaving the hotel, van der Sloot walked across the street alone, bought bread and two cups of coffee at a supermarket and returned to his hotel room."

Radio Netherlands: "A Peruvian newspaper, El Comcercio, reports that Joran van der Sloot then fetched two cups of coffee and some bread from a vendor opposite the hotel. Having returned, he left again at 9.30 am, driving off in Ms Flores’ car. The paper, citing police reports, says she died between 08.10 am and 9.30 am. Her body was found in the hotel room a few days later."

I don't remember a report of coffee cups being found in the room, only coke cans. The best evidence I have heard is in the trash cans.

I read here last night from tentative translations that coffee "remains" were found in the room (on the floor?) and in her system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike