OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more, why would they expect NOT to be approached under the circumstances

Because they have an understandable and reasonable expectation of respect and privacy, particularly since LE told the press at the press conference to respect the family's privacy.

I am noticing this Websleuths thread is becoming less and less "Victim Friendly" :banghead:

Hoping for a safe Kyron to return home to his family!

Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen innocent parents of a missing child avoid the media like that.

I think we're going to see a whole lot more of it, and a whole lot more of LE keeping a tighter and tighter lid on info released. I support it and applaud it.

Y'all if I ask a crazy question please forgive me.

I've tried to keep up, I've gone back and tried to skim all the pages I've missed.

But at this point, between softball games, dr appts, and work, I'm having a very hard time keeping up with this thread.

So, please be gentle if I ask a question or make a comment that has been discussed already.

Praying for Kyron!!! Where are you buddy?

I am noticing this Websleuths thread is becoming less and less "Victim Friendly" :banghead:

I think we are allowed to discuss what's in the media? :waitasec:

Have the police said that Kyron was at school that morning beyond a shadow of a doubt?

I know his friend mentioned he saw him, but it seems like a reporter asked this question yesterday -- and was told, "no comment" -- which might lead you to believe that they aren't even 100% sure that he was even there?

Interesting video at above link, does this news team know for certain that what they reported about the parents leaving the gym after "their workout" is actually factual? I can understand trying to carry on with life as usual per say.....however, a workout? I find that weird and honestly a little suspicious. JMO.

Exercise is one of the very best stress reducers. Nothing odd or suspicious or weird about it.

I totally and respectfully disagree. No one has EVER posted anything derogatory about Kyron. All i have seen posted is hope, prayers & devotion to finding Kyron safe and bringing him home.

According to the schools web site its MISS Porter. I went back through reading the weekley newsletters but the last one posted was Oct 09. I specifically checked the beginning of the new school year for both 08/09 and 09/10 and Miss Porter is not listed as a "new addition" to the staff - so she must have been there for at least the last 2 years. Other than that she isn't mentioned at all in the newsletters as being involved in any fundraisers, extracurricular activities, etc.

She hasn't posted to her page since Oct as well.

One thing kinda O/T is I found that they had a Wine Tasting Fundraiser. I thought that would be a little controversial - I know here that would NEVER fly in our public schools - not for a minute. But I'm not judging here - just commenting.

Have the police said that Kyron was at school that morning beyond a shadow of a doubt?

I know his friend mentioned he saw him, but it seems like a reporter asked this question yesterday -- and was told, "no comment" -- which might lead you to believe that they aren't even 100% sure that he was even there?

And add to that Gates not confirming that the science fair pic was taken that morning.

Yes, please everyone... respect that every person is an individual and as individuals we all handle trying times and heartache differently. We can't point fingers or wonder about motivations when most of us don't have ANY idea what Kyron's family is going through during this time.

The last thing that is going to help though is for people to start blatantly disobeying the MOD's about what can and can't be posted. Let's keep the thread for Kyron open and sleuth the avenues we are allowed because this constant discussion about what his family should or shouldn't do is only doing one thing:

1: Making the mods work overtime

and

2: Putting what could potentially be very important thread at risk for being closed for good.

All IMHOO of course. I love this site and sleuthing with all of you, but we must remember the most important rule... this is a victim friendly forum. :crazy:

JMHO:

E-mail from Mr. Horman suggests this family has had plenty of access to legal counsel since early on in this case - through Intel, and otherwise. The've been told not to talk to media, no doubt about that.

Here's what I see: A couple going somewhere familiar together during crisis - to do something constructive to relieve anxiety and doing it together - a place where they know people they feel they can trust - a place where they can just go together, support each other and not be harrassed. (their gym)

Then I see them trying to get home and realizing their lawyers were probably absolutely right about not talking to media. (Thinking advice is: don't talk to media - just like in Mr. H's e-mail)) If you don't talk to media, they won't follow you so much.

I think there's nothing unusual with this victim's family or this couple except they are smart, they have resources, they are using them (see e-mail) and they are choosing at this critical time to be private.

IMO, those who want to take the victim's parent's private and joint visit to their gym and make it into something sinister are missing all the obvious signs with regard to this case. It's a criminal investigation into a missing/endangered child. Foul play, not accident. Likely abduction, and not mom/dad violence.

If anyone wants to discuss that that this family is disengaged from their child's disappearance and has not, in fact, been using every resource available to them, providing every photo and video and every bit of information they can, providing clothing for dogs, visiting search sights and fully cooperating with everything LE/FBI requests of them, here at WS, please remember that you need to provide the link that indicates this is a fact.

Otherwise such conversation is wild and unfounded speculation about the behavior of the victim's family, and that's completely out of line. IMO.

By the way, Horman's dad is an engineer. I have personal experience with a variety of engineers, having gone to college, lived with, and work with engineers. Engineers make lists, prioritize, keep balance, and do the things on their list in the order they need to be done. The can be rigid in annoying ways, but also in endearing and dependable ways. Including their rules about getting exercise, if that is part of their regular routine. I have seen 70 year old engineers make lists about "how to grieve properly". They are fact-based scientific creatures. They get comfort from order, logic and process. I think there's lots of folks here who know engineers, and even engineers will smile and admit yes, process and routine is comforting.

I think it's extremely important to respect the fact that everyone's different and not immediately assume that the way someone is handling their grief is a sign of guilt. I think it's part of being a decent human being to hear LE saying "the family has been completely and fully cooperative" and realize that that likely means the family has been completely and fully cooperative.

One additional observation:
I noted SM's FB went private within 24 hours of bloggers rushing to point fingers at SM's workout shout-out to her gym friends, and the fact that there is a white truck next to her red car, as proof she's capable of doing sinister things to her son. There's a support team in place watching and supporting this family's privacy. Frankly, I'm glad to see this family has this level of intelligent and thoughtful support. And that feeling comes from watching many other cases develop here on WS with very different family dynamics.

I totally and respectfully disagree. No one has EVER posted anything derogatory about Kyron. All i have seen posted is hope, prayers & devotion to finding Kyron safe and bringing him home.

Websleuths considers the family, friends, and loved ones of victims, to be victims as well. They are undergoing tragedy, trauma, and pain. We treat them with respect, fairness, and dignity.

According to the schools web site its MISS Porter. I went back through reading the weekley newsletters but the last one posted was Oct 09. I specifically checked the beginning of the new school year for both 08/09 and 09/10 and Miss Porter is not listed as a "new addition" to the staff - so she must have been there for at least the last 2 years. Other than that she isn't mentioned at all in the newsletters as being involved in any fundraisers, extracurricular activities, etc.

One thing kinda O/T is I found that they had a Wine Tasting Fundraiser. I thought that would be a little controversial - I know here that would NEVER fly in our public schools - not for a minute. But I'm not judging here - just commenting.

Oregon has a pretty booming wine industry. On the west coast, it likely wouldn't be considered unusual. Wine is part of the culture.

A public school had a wine tasting fundraiser? Dear God. Your tax dollars at work.

Exercise is one of the very best stress reducers. Nothing odd or suspicious or weird about it.

As I stated in an earlier post, if my child went missing, I'd probably be smoking like a chimney, drinking like a fish, eating like a horse and downing tranquilizers. I think working out at a gym is a much healthier way to deal with the stress but, unfortunately, IMO, the drinking, smoking, eating, tranquilizer scenario would be more acceptable by many people in society. Not mentioning anyone here, just a general statement of what I've seen in this country.

I agree. Additionally, a report yesterday about that gym said they are working to assist the search efforts, collecting food and drinks for searchers; the people there (staff and patrons from what I gathered from the report) know the Hormans well and are obviously VERY supportive of the family. I see nothing odd at all about them wanting to be in that environment, surrounded by people who care about them and are doing all they can to help get their son back.

I know, right?! Even more, why would they expect NOT to be approached under the circumstances and why weren't there more reporters there? You'd think they would be mobbed.
i think people should reasonably be able to expect to not be mobbed by media at any time. there is no rule or law that says media has the right to invade the privacy of parents of a missing child. i see nothing wrong with them not wanting to talk to the media. anything they say will be used against them in some way and that is a fact, proven over many cases like this. the more times they get accosted by reporters, the less likely they will become to talk to them. jmo

Remember Shasta Groene!!!!

IIRC, that sick Duncan took her to Denny's at 3 am!!!!

ANYTHING is possible! T R U L Y!

Yes, yes it is and I believe that's were most of us make our mistake, LE INCLUDED. Many things are not what they seem - sometimes they're so simple no one can believe anyone would be that stupid, and other times they are so convoluted no one can believe things are that complicated/coincidental. Either way, you make a good point:

ANYTHING is possible! TRULY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member