Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its the conditions JVDS faces in the Peru prison. I think most of us want justice for SF, and eventually NH. But personally, I am not crazy about this Castro, Castro. But as someone above said, he shouldn't have killed in that country.

We can all feel a little better now (not!) that JVM reports Joran is able to leave his cave and watch TV with his neighbor, the hitman. He eats his meals outside the cave and is served what the guards are eating (for fear he may get poisoned). There is an exercise room where coca-cola bottles are filled with sand to provide a workout.

Whoever is around Joran better look out. I can see him getting mad and hurling one of those coke bottles at their head. :waitasec:

(Sorry for the repeat of info, I'll read now.)

In Session obtains detailed transcript ....

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010...iled-transcripts-of-van-der-sloot-confession/

Lima, Peru (CNN) - Joran van der Sloot said he elbowed murder victim Stephany Flores Ramirez in the face before strangling her and then suffocating her with his own shirt, according to transcripts of his confession.
The transcripts - provided to CNN by an anonymous police source - give shocking details of the murder van der Sloot is accused of and also give the public its first glimpse of why van der Sloot says the alleged murder took place. The source has not been named because he was not authorized to pass along the material.
"There was blood everywhere," van der Sloot said in the transcripts. "What am I going to do now. I had blood on my shirt. There was also blood on the bed, so, I took my shirt and put it on her face, pressing hard, until I killed Stephany."
Peruvian authorities charged van der Sloot with murder last week in the death of Flores, a 21-year-old student. Van der Sloot, a 22-year-old Dutch citizen, has also been considered the main suspect in the well-publicized 2005 disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba.
Van der Sloot told authorities he attacked Flores on May 30 after she read an e-mail on his computer connected with the Holloway case. To read the full story click here.
Filed under: Breaking News • Case Updates • Joran van der Sloot

full story: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/14/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=T1

Hi Nana.

HLN reports JVS is being fed the same meals as provided to the guards, not to risk the chance of deliberate poisoning.

a tiny bit of food poisoning (diahreah and vomitting) may come anyway from the sanitation of the place..........LOL
Normally I would never wish that one on anyone.

welcome cottages! and thanx for the book info... heres a link to a chapter of the book for anyone who would like to read it :) good read too...

The Basic Myths About Criminals
Excerpted from Inside the Criminal Mind
By Stanton E. Samenow, Ph.D.

http://www.enotalone.com/article/4486.html

Thank you for the welcome WSers.

I feel compelled to add a Samenow caveat though: Samenow's work was/is seminal (credit to his mentor, Yochelson) with respect to how criminals think, but not why their minds work that way. He rejected earlier clinical work by the likes of John Bowlby & Ainsworth (attachment studies), for example, when he penned the "Criminal Mind" series, and continues to dismiss parental roles (nurture, or rather lack thereof) in forming criminal minds despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary (which now includes 30-year longitudinal studies, biological/physiological studies, MRI data).

This is to say, Samenow's work beyond WHAT criminal think is not scientifically nor clinical-study based and has no merit or basis in fact. Limited interaction with criminals' parents (and long after a child's world view has been formed) is not telling in the least. Everyone can put on a face for the rest of the world, even PVS & AVS (and JVS), and indeed they have. It's who they are & how they act/react behind closed-doors that's telling (actually, it's what an 18 month old will tell you by how he reacts to a frightening situation when his parent or other caregiver is near-by).

There are a number of behind closed door glimpses of the lack of emotional attachment in the VS family. And if one does not attach emotionally in the early years (see, e.g., info on zerotothree.org website), one cannot attach in an emotionally healthy way (if at all) later in life to others. There are a number of examples of the VS dysfunction in the various interviews/videos on the VS family. One telling example might be in the Chris Cuomo interview where he said NH's mother's reaction "wasn't normal" for a parent of a missing child. That is, in his world (home), it is not "normal" to have that kind of emotionally-close and concerned attachment between a parent and child.

That doesn't mean he can't articulate what is normal with some reflection (or challenge). He reflects on what is normal, and mimics these reflections in his interactions in his public life. But when he talking "off the cuff" and has not reflected and pre-recorded an answer, that answer can be telling if he's describing what is normal to him (what was normal when his mind/world view was being formed).

Yeah, I scrolled up and saw it. Glad you posted it too, I was afraid it was lost.
What a nice shop he had. Did he do it himself, or was it a joint venture w/ others, I wonder? Such attention to detail, just doesn't "gel" with the Joran I have in my mind. Flowers, nice places to sit. Its amazing he didn't do well with that place. Maybe he's a bad businessman, or let his gambling addiction get in the way of running his business. He was really quite a chameleon, huh?

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/bracketed_by_crimesjoran_van_d.html

Quote from people who brought Joran's shop...

Van der Sloot may have been a charmer, but he apparently wasn't much of a businessman. So says the young Thai woman who, with her American boyfriend, bought the cafe from him early this year.

"I looked at the documents and balance sheets he left. Many items just look wrong," said the woman, who would identify herself only by her first name, Siripat. Still, Siripat described him as "a very affable guy. He'd invite us for meals. Sometimes, he'd let us eat for free at his cafe."

Joran's mother sends message to him (this was posted late Sun., June 13):

"On the other hand, Anita Van der Sloot, Joran's mother, sent a message to her child through attorney Max Highness. Among other things, the community cannot come to Peru to gather the necessary resources.

'Since I heard about the your problem in Peru, I went on television here, people call me. Have strength and courage, trust in God, everything will be alright. I cannot travel,' said the woman."

http://translate.googleusercontent....&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhgA62AY6ahFTLb4Ap2GHkM9m5K2aw

Yet on Fri., June 11, it was reported:

"Reached by the AP, [Van der Sloot's newly hired Peruvian attorney, Maximo] Altez refused to discuss the case. He said Van der Sloot's schoolteacher mother, Anita, would be arriving early next week with the family's own media adviser."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37618530/ns/world_news-americas/

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if and when she does come to Peru.

Jean C. HLN confirms that JVS's attorney, Maximo Altez quit the case.

it would be hard on a Peru native to have to defend this evil monster.
Peru would hate him.

Do we know how JVS visitors (if his mother goes to see him) will visit him? Between glass? in person?
private? in room with guards? for how long etc.

Do we know how JVS visitors (if his mother goes to see him) will visit him? Between glass? in person?
private? in room with guards? for how long etc.

IIRC, one of the reports stated that visitors for men were allowed on Sundays and another day of the week for women prisoners. But that's the only detail that was provided. Yesterday was Sunday and it was reported that VDS had no visitors.....and now I can't find either link!!

MOO

I've been lurking here for a couple of years and have only posted once before, but I too thought at first that Joran had sold Natalee. Based on reports of his sex-trafficking activites in Thailand, she would have brought him perhaps 10-15K. That much money would have been hard to explain as an "allowance" from his folks. Now I wonder if the motive in the Holloway case might have been primarily robbery? Maybe Natalee had not spent all her travel money and had a few dollars left. Does anyone know whether any of Natalee's friends knew how much money she had left?

Thats a good question, I'm not sure how much money Natalee had left. I think I remember Beth saying Natalee didn't have a debit card on her it was at home.

He is afraid - and probably with good reason - that the inmate cooks will poison him.

I believe in justice but this is too much. Joran should be able to do his time without have to watch even the food that he eats. That must be so scary. I mean he's going to pay for his crimes but to have to watch your back every waking moment must be a different type of hell. I think anyone can understand his fear. He's still a human being.

OMG HLN is reporting that JVS private attorney quit!!!!!!

Ok, this is news to me...sorry if you all have known about it!

Just went back through the threads and saw SuziHawk was on top of it...lol, I thought I had real news to share! Do we know why he has quit yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500