Press Conference on Student Questionnaire - 2PM Oregon Time Today, Friday, June 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he did that, I almost got the idea that he doesn't believe in them or trust them. Kind of like, "You people watch too much TV."

Just an impression that has nothing to do with the case.

When he chuckeld and walked away I got the impression he was thinking ".........do you think we are a bunch of idiots of course we have had them take polys..........

IMO

I think this is a brilliant job by LE this whole time, letting out little snippets and hints to try to elicit a response or a reaction or a confession. They have been hinting this whole time that SM was the last to see Kyron, now today they acknowledge that.

*IF* Terri is guilty, and trying to cover-up for herself, how could she possibly get out of a situation of where the LE approaches Kaine, Desirre & Tony suggesting to send out the questionaire.... Ofcourse, she would have to agree if the other 3 did!

BTW: Did I miss anything? That presser had NO new information in it at all.

LE doesn't need the family's approval to do this. I'm a bit puzzled why he'd even suggest they had anything to do with this.

One has to wonder here, at this point in time, how sedated TH is. I know if it was me and this was my child - you would practically have to put me in shackles and drug me into oblivion just to keep me "reigned in". Now couple that with "you did it" :eek: If she is just so "out of it" due to the stress and all - it could be very tough going for LE. Add a "lawyered up" fancy lawyer into the mix and LE's access to her becomes quite limited and "dictated" by doctors and psychiatrist(s).

I truly feel for DY - and also wonder how she is holding up. I think TY is being MORE THAN cooperative with LE and is "sharing things" that definitely helps the investigation.

conversely I am not a sociopath and I failed a polygraph on my name and birthday.

In my Human Physiology class, we were allowed to play with a polygraph machine and an EKG machine for a lab class. By the end of the lab, many could "outwit" the polygraph or "fail" simple questions on purpose.

Regarding POI he does NOT say there isn't one but he does say "we are not talking about Persons of Interest at this interview". The language definitely implies there is one.

I am watching on local Portland news channel. LIVE.

The way he answered those questions made me feel the same way.

One has to wonder here, at this point in time, how sedated TH is. I know if it was me and this was my child - you would practically have to put me in shackles and drug me into oblivion just to keep me "reigned in". Now couple that with "you did it" :eek: If she is just so "out of it" due to the stress and all - it could be very tough going for LE. Add a "lawyered up" fancy lawyer into the mix and LE's access to her becomes quite limited and "dictated" by doctors and psychiatrist(s).

I truly feel for DY - and also wonder how she is holding up. I think TY is being MORE THAN cooperative with LE and is "sharing things" that definitely helps the investigation.

I think --- guilty or not --- it would be extremely wise for TH to have "lawyered up".

I think by mentioning the family he is trying to protect the other three...

Also, I think the timeline fell apart very quickly and have thought so ever since they gave the first "no comment" more than 10 days ago about when he was last seen. I think all stories of later sightings were false and quickly disproved.

If she is a narcissist or has an Antisocial Personality Disorder, she is not in any distress.

I think the purpose of the questionnaire was to build a case and preserve/cement & document the memories for a possible court proceeding that may be down the road. It would also help streamline going through the forms if someone has new information. It would further help if nobody saw "anyone else suspicious" that day, so the police can show they exhausted all avenues so to speak. I think it is a brilliant move!

LE doesn't need the family's approval to do this. I'm a bit puzzled why he'd even suggest they had anything to do with this.

My only thought is *IF* LE is after Terri, they would be playing "nice cop" with her. I think they would pretend they do not even suspect her at this point... *just my guess*

I have a feeling Mom & Tony wrote the letter.

I also wonder if they were instrumental in helping LE develop the questions for the flyer? Perhaps trying to give Dad and SM the benefit of the doubt until they know for sure what happened to Kyron? jmo

When he chuckeld and walked away I got the impression he was thinking ".........do you think we are a bunch of idiots of course we have had them take polys..........

IMO

But why wouldn't he answer the question at least, just yes or no?
Investigators often at least reveal whether a poly was given, without stating the results. They seem to be following a different protocol here , not sure why. MOO

In my neck of the woods, the terms "suspect" and "person of interest" are interchangable. They just don't use "suspect" much anymore because it sounds so much more sinister than "person of interest."

Lead investigator Capt. Jason Gates said during a press conference that the family was in full support of the decision to circulate the new questionnaire Friday. He also read a family statement that said, “Any parent would understand the grief that this causes our family… please know that we fully support the release of this flyer and we want Kyron home and we hope that this will do that."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

This has to be Desiree and Tony's statement. They know.

BBM. LE could say this honestly and mean 1 of the 2 families (TY & DY) was in full support. By saying "the family", we don't know if he means the entire parental family (all 4) or what.

Note to self and all: when video loads, replay the part where he does the 'penny analogy'. He starts to say one thing and quickly changes. He is trying to be VERY careful.

Regarding POI he does NOT say there isn't one but he does say "we are not talking about Persons of Interest at this interview". The language definitely implies there is one.

I am watching on local Portland news channel. LIVE.

Not necessarily.

This was after he opened the Q&A asking if they had any questions "NOT related to the investigation"... which the media proceeded to ignore over and over again. And then answered that he couldn't discuss suspects or POIs. They kept on askin' him though. I don't know how he restrains himself from tasing those people...

BBM. LE could say this honestly and mean 1 of the 2 families (TY & DY) was in full support. By saying "the family", we don't know if he means the entire parental family (all 4) or what.

He made a point to stress "ALL" of the family at least once.

Well, to me the press conference was most informative, both in what they confirmed and what they wouldn't confirm. I really didn't expect that they would come out and say that Terri was a person of interest. But they didn't say she wasn't. And now we know who LE confirms, at least at this time, who the last person to see Kyron was.

If she is a narcissist or has an Antisocial Personality Disorder, she is not in any distress.
Yea well that too. You're right. Her behavior would be very telling. But a narcissist would want the attention and a sociopath would know that "asking for drugs" or to be sedated would be a "normal request" and also allow for LE to "keep their distance". KWIM?

We have no window into her behavior as late and that certainly is playing into LE's investigation.

I still don't understand why we have not heard about KH's "day" that June 4 - did he go to work? Did he talk to TH at anytime that day? What vehicle was he driving? Do they have that vehicle on tape at his place of work? etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti