Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That translation doesn't make any sense. Total lack of security cameras? Hello?
We know that security cameras were there and working.

I took it to mean they were only placed there temporarily...??? Which in my opinion would make sense, since I found it extremely odd that they were placed directly above HIS room...what are the chances of that happening! (Lol, I am going to bed...been moving all week!) After this latest catastrophe with the Gulf, I no longer trust media nor government and associated agencies!!! And yes, I may be wearing my tin-foil hat to bed!:crazy:

That translation doesn't make any sense. Total lack of security cameras? Hello?
We know that security cameras were there and working.

Confusing translation again.
snipped in Dutch.
In het hotel waar het meisje werd gevonden, blijken bijvoorbeeld in het geheel geen bewakingscamera's te hangen die gericht waren op kamer 309.

De camera's hebben er niet standaard gehangen en zijn in elk geval verwijderd, zo bleek gisteren bij een bezoek aan het Hotel Tac in Lima.

translation.; In the hotel where the girl was found, for example, there are no security cameras pointing at room 309.

The cameras normally apparently do not hang there and in any case have been removed, as evident yesterday on a visit to Hotel Tac.

Jumping off your post Mrs. G, not directing it at you :)

I, personally, hope that JVDS gets a fair trial. I want him to have a fair and unbiased trial and whatever the outcome of that trial I will accept.

I also want him to have a fair trial in the US when he is extradited to face the charges that have been brought against him.

If Aruba should ever bring charges (and I'm not holding my breath on that one) I want him to have a fair trial.

I do not want to see him killed within prison if he is convicted in the Peruvian trial. I really don't because I want to see him face all charges that have thus far been brought against him and any future charges that might be forthcoming.

JMHO.

Hey I totally agree, I would love to see that too...I just have a feeling it's not going to happen.

Yes, I believe there are cameras throughout the hotel.

I recall an article reported here some time ago stated that there was a whole bank of video screens behind the front desk of the hotel. They were wondering why VDS didn't realize he was being taped, unless he thought the cameras were not actually filming, but only showing the current status at each camera position.

I think it's rather obvious at some point he did realize he was being taped.

snipped in Dutch.
In het hotel waar het meisje werd gevonden, blijken bijvoorbeeld in het geheel geen bewakingscamera's te hangen die gericht waren op kamer 309.

De camera's hebben er niet standaard gehangen en zijn in elk geval verwijderd, zo bleek gisteren bij een bezoek aan het Hotel Tac in Lima.

translation.; In the hotel where the girl was found, for example, there are no security cameras pointing at room 309.

The cameras normally apparently do not hang there and in any case have been removed, as evident yesterday on a visit to Hotel Tac.

But we know there were security cameras pointing at Joran's room. So it's still does not make sense.
If they were removed, it might be the part of the investigation.

I have never once believed that the FBI and Beth handed off money and let Joran fly alone to Peru. It doesn't work they way.

I'm sure FBI was aware of his plans, I'm sure FBI was even guest at the TAC while Joran was there. I'm sure FBI has phone taps of Joran's calls and messages.

I'm just not sure how much Peruvian officials and FBI were communicating before Stephany was murdered in room 309.

The plot definitely thickens, Rott! Thanks for the link.

snipped in Dutch.

Oh, I stand corrected. Guess I'd better quit trying to translate the robotic translations...LOL!

Thanks for the 'human' translation, Rotterdam!

Here are photos of the camera outside his room taken a week or so ago:

Attachments

• Van der Sloot - Hotel Tac - Room 309.jpg
    Van der Sloot - Hotel Tac - Room 309.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Van der Sloot - Hotel Tac - Room 309 - Alarm.jpg
    Van der Sloot - Hotel Tac - Room 309 - Alarm.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 29
But we know there were security cameras pointing at Joran's room. So it's still does not make sense.

I agree with your opinion that the security cameras might be involved in the investigation, as well as the room, which is the CRIME SCENE...

They may have been removed for the investigation...That to me would make sense...They may want a through investigation of EVERYTHING involving her murder..all in my own opinion

I have never once believed that the FBI and Beth handed off money and let Joran fly alone to Peru. It doesn't work they way.

I'm sure FBI was aware of his plans, I'm sure FBI was even guest at the TAC while Joran was there. I'm sure FBI has phone taps of Joran's calls and messages.

I'm just not sure how much Peruvian officials and FBI were communicating before Stephany was murdered in room 309.

The plot definitely thickens, Rott! Thanks for the link.

How does that go with him being able to escape the country and nobody apparently knowing where he was?

I agree with your opinion that the security cameras might be involved in the investigation, as well as the room, which is the CRIME SCENE...

They may have been removed for the investigation...That to me would make sense...They may want a through investigation of EVERYTHING involving her murder..all in my own opinion

The camera might a part of forensic analysis to ensure no one tampered with it?

I also do not fully understand. Anyway, this stuff is not coming from Joran but from the two Dutch reporters. John van de Heuvel is a crime reporter at a Peter de Vries level. LOL, Elton Garcia an American agent?
BTW in AVDS interview two days ago, she did state that somebody invited Joran to Peru

How does that go with him being able to escape the country and nobody apparently knowing where he was?

Very good question! I'll have to sleep and think on it. From the sounds of it the FBI was chasing their tails. The next few days of reports should be interesting.

The camera might a part of forensic analysis to ensure no one tampered with it?

I am fairly ignorant of security systems. I thought the recording occurs at the receiving station though were the monitors are. May be some smarter WS poster can enlighten us.

I also do not fully understand. Anyway, this stuff is not coming from Joran but from the two Dutch reporters. John van de Heuvel is a crime reporter at a Peter de Vries level. LOL, Elton Garcia an American agent?
BTW in AVDS interview two days ago, she did state that somebody invited Joran to Peru

I imagined that this whole line of thinking started from JVDS, since the only interview he's given was just this weekend with de Telegraaf, who are now reporting this 'undercover operation'. Don't you think he put the bug in their ear?

The article even states that it was JVDS who mentioned that for "Elton Garcia everything ... was arranged and paid for ".

I imagined that this whole line of thinking started from JVDS, since the only interview he's given was just this weekend with de Telegraaf, who are now reporting this 'undercover operation'. Don't you think he put the bug in their ear?

The article even states that it was JVDS who mentioned that for "Elton Garcia everything ... was arranged and paid for ".

Anita's interview was also with the Telegraaf two days earlier where she states that Joran was invited to Lima. I never considered the Telegraaf like a National Enquirer though or similar tabloid. But I need to see a lot more proof before I believe this tale.

Actually, I believe Joran did say he was framed. At least that was one of the leads on the ABC story about it this morning. His mother has never said that she knows, or even thinks, he did it. She has, very rationally in my view, only stated that IF he did it, then she can't stand by him and he must pay the price like anyone else.

Anita, imho, is shellshocked at this point. It's been reported that she went into a deep depression after her husband's sudden death back in February, and probably hasn't totally emerged from it. Now she's dealing with the unanticipated trauma of Joran being charged with murder in another country. With all that she's been through in the past few months, I suspect that she simply doesn't know what to do or say.

[bbm]

ok, let's not get too far out on a limb now
no parent who believes in their kid's innocence would make such a statement, to the media no less
I don't for one minute believe that you think that comment is a rational response if she weren't considering the possibility of his guilt

I'm quite sure she is shell-shocked, perhaps because she's finally coming to a horrible realization

I feel for her if that is the case

Curiouser and curiouser...three new items about Joran in this report:

(1) Peruvian woman are proposing to him in prison; one even wants to have his baby.

(2) The 'hitman' occasionally 'jokes' that for $75,000 he'd murder him.

(3) Now he says that he was threatened during interrogations: They would "put his head in a bucket of water ... if he was not cooperating."

http://translate.google.com/transla...ekende-alleen-om-uitlevering.aspx&sl=nl&tl=en

I just found that article too. Wow, VDS is really trying every angle here...even throwing his 'friend' Elton Garcia under the bus. This is unbelievable....problem is some people will believe it...or at least VDS hopes someone will! Just when you think this case couldn't get any more confusing!!! :waitasec:

Oh puhleeze ... when I was instructed to read the first article I clicked on something about Peruvian women wanting to get impregnated by JVDS. Thinking oh puhleeze...I continued until I found the article about Elton Garcia etc etc. and thinking it was just as believable as the wannabe baby mommas from Peru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member