The White Ford 250 Pick Up Truck Towed from the Family Home

I am of the opinion that LE towed the vehicle, prob. had a warrant to do so, took soil samples from the tires, underside of the vehicle, made tire tread casts and searched it inside and out for everything ... Terri was the last person to see Kyron.
She could have took the truck because there is more room in the truck for the SF project of Kyron's among other reasons ....jmo of course

I am of the opinion that LE towed the vehicle, prob. had a warrant to do so, took soil samples from the tires, underside of the vehicle, made tire tread casts and searched it inside and out for everything ... Terri was the last person to see Kyron.
She could have took the truck because there is more room in the truck for the SF project of Kyron's among other reasons ....jmo of course

I share your opinion but, just wish we'd hear confirmation from LE that this is what they have done to relieve the doubts in some of our minds (ok, mine:rolleyes::D) as to how this investigation is being handled.

On the other hand, it just might be that we're not in Kansas anymore...ummm, I mean Florida where EVERYTHING is hung out to dry for all to view.;)

Hey gang,

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107850"]Check out this new thread and the article that I just found and opened it with...[/ame]

Hint... TH's father said "...has had her truck seized twice by police..."

i know this is totally OT but....what the heck is an architectural engineer in relation to intel? what salary range are they in approx? ( I know...google is my friend but i am feeling kinda lazy) those are some snappy vehicles to have on a one salary income.
Not all that snappy to have on one income. I have a 2008 F250 power-stroked diesel bought it when diesels price was sky high got it really cheap.I also have a 2007 Mustang Gt convertible bought it it used most people think its newer cause the body didn't change until 2010 got it really cheap to cause it was used.

The Horman's truck has some special Powerstroke to the engine that I guess Kyron thought was cool, or so I read ~ somewhere.
The f250 have a powerstrokled desiel iengine in them they come factory that way. .

I wonder if initally they felt (for whatever reasons) that TH took her red car to school that morning, she loved the car and typically drove it. But she took the white truck instead. Do we know if ONSTAR is a standard feature of that make and model truck by any chance?
At my house we drive the one that the easiest to get out of the drive most usually the truck cause mustang is in the garage
Hiya All,

Do we know which year this F250 is? In the midst of looking at all details, I have not gotten that in my head.

How common is it for a starter to go out on a truck at this age? Is there a weakness of a starter in this particular truck model?

Are there circumstances that could make the starter go out...like going through creeks and getting water in the engine area? Are there things that going through creeks would cause that could make an issue look like it was a starter issue, when maybe it is just a water in certain parts that are the real issue?

Oh...and is this a starter thing, or a tie rod thing, or an axle thing, or ?

I wish that this type of information was made clearly public under this situation.
I have a 2008 F250 before it was a year old a sensor went out on it with no warning it just would not start . My husband is a mechanic he could not figure what was wrong he messed around under the and it finally started and he drove it to the dealership

Does anyone know if the white truck had 4-wheel drive? If it does, this could make quite a difference in where it went on Friday, June 4, the day Kyron went missing.

As for my comment to Starry night, we were poking fun at the fact that TH evidently was posting comments on a website that 'explained' things, like why her car was towed (starter problem) versus truth which was the police took it. She would definitely be capable of, even in the light of video/physical evidence/witness statements, saying something like 'you're all nuts, he went to find a frog.' At least I think at this point she's that 'off.'

Didn't the police reiterate the car was NOT towed at their request?

Didn't the police reiterate the car was NOT towed at their request?

The police did say that. But her father said in the People article that police towed the truck twice!

So, perhaps it was towed a total of 3 times--twice for LE and once for mechanical.

Hi All,
The media and public keep saying that T Horman has not been named as a person of interest. That is true but the law does not require a suspect to be made public during an investigation.

This is interesting because I see a group effort toward mixing up what is fact and what isn’t. The Multnomah County Sheriff Dept claimed that the Horman truck had been towed for mechanical reasons and not because of the investigation. Recently T Horman’s father made a public statement that the truck had been towed twice by the Multnomah County Sheriff Dept.

T Horman also has a criminal attorney and is readying for that impending event that doesn’t escape most people’s thought and minds. This investigation is bizarre and information has been withheld to the point of contradiction. Enough said…

sbm~

Interesting. I think the whole truck confiscation contracdiction is potentially significant and overlooked. One of the few examples we have of clear and direct contradiction with no word games. LE specifically says it was mechanical problems and TH's dad says directly and specifically to the contrary, and he's certainly in a position to know. Not just some friend of the family who's hearing it third-hand. And he has no reason to say that LE took the truck -- quite the opposite, in fact.

And there are many less clear examples of *disinformation.* What I find truly amazing is that we haven't heard much in the form of gossip or otherwise directly from identified friends, locals, school employees. How in the world is that not happening. People talk, its just human nature. And no one is talking here. Curioser and curioser. jmho

Hey...that's true...if LE did take the truck, as Terri's father said, then they lied about it. If they took the truck, I am willing to bet almost anything (I do like to gamble...) that they have been pouring over the computers, via a copied hard-drive (so as not to prevent Terri from posting online...)

So if they lied about taking the truck...why? What purpose was that meant to serve, I wonder?

Hey...that's true...if LE did take the truck, as Terri's father said, then they lied about it. If they took the truck, I am willing to bet almost anything (I do like to gamble...) that they have been pouring over the computers, via a copied hard-drive (so as not to prevent Terri from posting online...)

So if they lied about taking the truck...why? What purpose was that meant to serve, I wonder?

oooh yes, I've been meaning to ask - why on earth hasn't the press asked LE about the da** truck?

groundrules *cough*

Hi All,
I live in Oregon and have been reading some of the most scrutinized posts for a public forum. I was extremely impressed with all the thought and work those members have contributed. I also know that you all have been sticking as close to the facts as possible. In some cases though the facts are not always what they seem. The media and public keep saying that T Horman has not been named as a person of interest. That is true but the law does not require a suspect to be made public during an investigation. With the actions of the immediate family and T Homan herself it is obvious who the LE is paying the most attention to. There have been reports that there has been untruthfulness among certain persons or a person since Kyron’s disappearance. This is interesting because I see a group effort toward mixing up what is fact and what isn’t. The Multnomah County Sheriff Dept claimed that the Horman truck had been towed for mechanical reasons and not because of the investigation. Recently T Horman’s father made a public statement that the truck had been towed twice by the Multnomah County Sheriff Dept. The latest information by the Sheriff Dept has been by Officer Staton that Kyron is alive. This is a quote from Officer Staton; "We have no evidence that indicates anything other than the fact that Kyron is still alive and we are going to continue the investigation under that premise," Staton said. Dan Staton also said that the investigation has been "scaled down" since it began on June 4. Officer Staton does mention that the investigation has an estimated cost of approximately $300,000. Here is a link to the interview transcripts.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html
It is appearing like the LE doesn’t have enough evidence to further the steam like the earlier investigation. The finances and human effort is beginning to be shaved back. T Homan has been in seclusion after being excluded by her husband. T Horman also has a criminal attorney and is readying for that impending event that doesn’t escape most people’s thought and minds. This investigation is bizarre and information has been withheld to the point of contradiction. Enough said…

bbm

I see know reason why statements regarding the truck can't both be true. Larry Moulton said LE towed it twice. LE said it was towed because the starter was bad. Maybe that IS why it was towed that time. I would hope LE had towed it well before that date as it was fairly far into the investigation at that point. Maybe LE broke the starter (joke).

You're right. Maybe the better way to put it is that this was the only clear obfuscation of the truth by LE. If they took it twice and knew it, it makes no sense not to acknowledge under the circumstances, imo

They certainly don't want to offer up anything do they. At least they didn't say 'no comment' which is what I expected when it was reported that it was towed. I sure would like to know how they got it passed media if they did tow it twice. I am not sure how I feel about Larry Moulton talking to media. He is either very naive or press has twisted and retwisted what he says to get it to come out the way it does.

Perhaps I lived in LA for too long but am I the only one who thinks perhaps LE is the one who disabled the truck and then it 'needed to be towed'? Sorry, but with LE being around them 24/7 in the beginning means they had a lot of access to the truck and 'suddenly' it didn't start.

Let us get that towed for you...:innocent:

The stepmother's dad, Larry Moulton, goes on to say investigators have questioned her six hours at a time, several times; have given her two polygraphs; and have taken her truck away twice.

Investigators had said the truck was removed from her home for repairs.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97276254.html

I believe in an investigation the vehicle would be towed and not drove because of cross contamination of evidence. Also, the vehicle would have to be confiscated.

trucktowed615.jpg

Screenshot of truck being loaded from KOIN video.

Is this indeed the Horman's truck ??? If so, do we know if it was diesel or gas? Also, I notice a receiver on the rear...did the Hormon's own anytype of fishing boat...like a john boat ??

Is this indeed the Horman's truck ??? If so, do we know if it was diesel or gas? Also, I notice a receiver on the rear...did the Hormon's own anytype of fishing boat...like a john boat ??

I *think* diesel trucks have dual exhaust. This picture shows only singular exhaust.

I *think* diesel trucks have dual exhaust. This picture shows only singular exhaust.

Thx's Surf...I forgot my husband didn't drive his F250 diesel today..so i ran outside and it does have just a single exhaust....I wouldn't never thought it..but it could be a later model than this one...plus was the Horman truck a 4 wheel drive??? This picture doesn't look like it is, but it is so hard to say....

Thx's Surf...I forgot my husband didn't drive his F250 diesel today..so i ran outside and it does have just a single exhaust....I wouldn't never thought it..but it could be a later model than this one...plus was the Horman truck a 4 wheel drive??? This picture doesn't look like it is, but it is so hard to say....

It's a 4X4. (Have seen Kaine driving it)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back