13 July 2010 - 2 New Search Warrants Executed

Gosh, they own the parcel ending in #900 too! This is where the search center was, I believe! Can someone confirm?

http://www.ghc-gis.org/geodata/viewer.htm?Query=Parcelatt='060501600100'&QueryZoom=Yes

ETA: Different co-owner on this property though. Looks like a relative, just dropped the A-last name.

ETA #2: This is not the search center - it is next door, to the west.
You're a peach Jules. How long had the Baums been in McCleary? I just can't get over the absolute opportunity this guy must have had.

Did we hear of anything new today besides your wonderful work on the plat map? xox

Brilliant idea SS!!! :woohoo: I will look at them too.

This gives you an idea just how close the Nelson pool is to this house!

I just want to make sure I labeled pics correctly, so let me know.
(I have forgotten some of the beginning stuff)

In Jules' highlighted thumbnail, is that the pool Lindsey and friends swam at on 6/26/10?

I also copied the aerial shot of McCleary taken by a poster here (nic?Mike?)

The archive album lost all titles in late March, and there are lots of pics that were from/taken by folks here, but all was lost.

POIs car is not in any of those pictures.
It was impounded before the search on the house happened so it doesn't appear in any of the coverage from that.
And as far as I can tell it isn't in any of the other pictures I'm looking through.

MCCLEARY, Wash. - Sheriff's deputies are combing through two properties here as part of their ongoing search for Lindsey Baum, who disappeared more than a year ago while walking home from a friend's house.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said detectives obtained search warrants for the two locations.

Deputies and FBI agents began searching a house in the 100 block of Fir Street, and a storage area in the 900 block of West Simpson on Tuesday morning.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/98336299.html

I missed this yesterday but I'm so happy to see this news. My thoughts and prayers are with Lindsey and her family. LE znd FBI I hope this is the break you've worked for.

I was just getting ready to post that and you beat me to it! :highfive:

I want to know where he was living also!!!

Did the Olympian go back and make a correction or am I too tired to see straight (quite possible tonight)? Because what I am reading right now 2:49 am Pacific Time Scott says the man did live there, on Fir, when Lindsey went missing. I don't know how to "snip" and "link" yet! Don't even know how to get Spell Check to work, but I'll learn. Please somebody check it. TIA

Woke up blessed to know that the search for Lindsey Baum is alive and well and the many good people that have pushed this case from day one are still here and working harder than ever!

I do have a question.

Is it valid to assess then, that by way of serving out this search warrant which leads to a completely different POI, there must be no physical or forensic evidence gathered from the previous sw served? Wouldn't make much sense any other way, at least to me. Thoughts?

So here are all 3 of their parcels:

Jumping off your post Jules, wouldn't LE then search all properties that the POI had access to make sense.

The picture you showed with the house next to the Nelson's has a trailer wedged in between the house and fence, not good.

I think that Lindsey was held/kept in McCleary for a long time and was more then likely moved sometime during last few months when there was nothing going on. I don't think she is still with us and hasn't been from that night.

I hope she is brought home soon. Praying for you sweet Angel....

Woke up blessed to know that the search for Lindsey Baum is alive and well and the many good people that have pushed this case from day one are still here and working harder than ever!

I do have a question.

Is it valid to assess then, that by way of serving out this search warrant which leads to a completely different POI, there must be no physical or forensic evidence gathered from the previous sw served? Wouldn't make much sense any other way, at least to me. Thoughts?

Good thought! Seems like that would be the case (no evidence found in the searches of the other POI's) - but I don't know for sure.

I would LOVE to read the affidavit of probable cause on this search warrant to see what the conflicting info was. Can any locals go to the courthouse and get a copy?

Jumping off your post Jules, wouldn't LE then search all properties that the POI had access to make sense.

The picture you showed with the house next to the Nelson's has a trailer wedged in between the house and fence, not good.

I think that Lindsey was held/kept in McCleary for a long time and was more then likely moved sometime during last few months when there was nothing going on. I don't think she is still with us and hasn't been from that night.

Is this POI the guy that was mentioned about talking with FBI for like 2 hours or something, and that he was visiting the area around the time Lindsey went missing, or am I just getting the facts wrong?

I hope she is brought home soon. Praying for you sweet Angel....

Good question. I would think they should search any properties he would have had access to - and since he was staying with the owner of those properties, he could have had access to keys? I'm sure LE know BA owns the other properties as well, right? Iirc, the other two homes are occupied - maybe by renters. I need to check that out. The trailer bothers me too.

No, I do not think this is the guy from out of state who was questioned for so long by the FBI. I believe that was on Maple. I will try to find that also to make sure.

POIs car is not in any of those pictures.
It was impounded before the search on the house happened so it doesn't appear in any of the coverage from that.
And as far as I can tell it isn't in any of the other pictures I'm looking through.

JenO,
Do you know what kind of car he drives? From looking at the aerial pics taken by Mike - there are two cars parked in the lot directly north of the home at 114. There are also lots of cars parked at the home along the road between this home and the one to the east (which sits next to the Nelson's). Wondering if any of those could be his.

I just want to make sure I labeled pics correctly, so let me know.
(I have forgotten some of the beginning stuff)

In Jules' highlighted thumbnail, is that the pool Lindsey and friends swam at on 6/26/10?

I also copied the aerial shot of McCleary taken by a poster here (nic?Mike?)

The archive album lost all titles in late March, and there are lots of pics that were from/taken by folks here, but all was lost.

Yes, that is the pool at the Nelson home.

You're a peach Jules. How long had the Baums been in McCleary? I just can't get over the absolute opportunity this guy must have had.

Did we hear of anything new today besides your wonderful work on the plat map? xox

Hi Scandi. Thanks. :blowkiss:

I don't remember exactly how long the Baum's were in McCleary. I keep thinking about Lindsey's nightmare post on ms. Was this guy watching them swim? Did he have a white car? Also wondering if this guy was friends with L&K Nelson. Does anyone know what their status is? At one time I recall seeing LN was in jail for assaulting an officer and she had a RO on KN. I wondered for along time if their 'not getting along' had anything to do with knowing something or suspecting something and what to do with that info. JMO.

If this guy was at the Shell station with his dog when Lindsey was crossing 3rd, and she knew or recognized him from the Nelson's - would she have gone with him if he said something like - hey the girls are still swimming, why don't you come on over - you can walk my dog back? I would think people would have seen them together though if that is the case. If he was driving though, could she have gotten in his car?

I really really want poor sweet Lindsey found.

JenO,
Do you know what kind of car he drives? From looking at the aerial pics taken by Mike - there are two cars parked in the lot directly north of the home at 114. There are also lots of cars parked at the home along the road between this home and the one to the east (which sits next to the Nelson's). Wondering if any of those could be his.

I know the make and model of the car they searched which I assume is his. And no, it's not shown in any of the pictures MikeB posted.

Good thought! Seems like that would be the case (no evidence found in the searches of the other POI's) - but I don't know for sure.

I would LOVE to read the affidavit of probable cause on this search warrant to see what the conflicting info was. Can any locals go to the courthouse and get a copy?

The paperwork was submitted yesterday.. now it's a wait and see game. Who knows if they will release it. Pretty much everything related to Lindseys case is sealed because it's an active investigation. They don't like sharing :(

The paperwork was submitted yesterday.. now it's a wait and see game. Who knows if they will release it. Pretty much everything related to Lindseys case is sealed because it's an active investigation. They don't like sharing :(

:woohoo: You rock JenO!

I do have a question.

Not necessarily. They could think more than one person was involved, or that she was moved, or that one person made use of another one's property. There could be evidence about what path she took, or items they think might have been discarded afterward. All kinds of possibilities.

I know the make and model of the car they searched which I assume is his. And no, it's not shown in any of the pictures MikeB posted.

Can you share the details? Is it white? Lindsey and friends feared someone who drove a white car.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back