2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if BC quit, because CA wanted BC to represent her solely leaving GA without an attorney, because it's showtime folks! Time to throw GA under the bus. Get your seat belts on it's going to be a rough ride!

Oh, don't trust my memory because I was guessing. Somehow I do remember that this was around Christmas??? Am I close??

It was a GMA interview, and BC did speak up about the duct tape not being wrapped around Caylee head.

I don't buy BC's excuse for resigning. I think Cindy's last escapade may have pushed BC over the breaking point, but I think he's had it with her for a long time. This was just an easy way out for him.

Unfortunately, I think there's more than a handful of sleaze ball attorneys who are just waiting and drooling at the chance to insert themselves into this circus. Cindy will have herself a new attorney in no time. Mark my words! IMO!

Beep Beep here comes that bus, and BC wanted no part of that.

And I must remember that in the past when BC speaks, I need to parse his words. So, I'll stick with "I can no longer in good faith represent the anthonys" and leave it at that.

I don't buy BC's excuse for resigning. I think Cindy's last escapade may have pushed BC over the breaking point, but I think he's had it with her for a long time. This was just an easy way out for him.

Unfortunately, I think there's more than a handful of sleaze ball attorneys who are just waiting and drooling at the chance to insert themselves into this circus. Cindy will have herself a new attorney in no time. Mark my words! IMO!

I think he was very clear and understandable as to why he quit. His client has put him in a postion, by giving privileged comunications between her, himself and her prior attorney, to the defense, where he would be called as a witness in the defense of her daughter (not his client). he now sits at a place where he either has to act as an agent of KC's defense, and say something that he clearly states is untrue in court, or he needs to get on the stand and call his client and the fellons defense attorney a liar. This is a horrible horrible situation to be in, and I can't see any attorney tolerating being treated in this manner. The attorney is supposed to go forth and make claims in the clients name, which the client can then back up or deny. The client is NOT allowed to go forth and put forth claims in the attorneys name.

This is part of what I was asking AZL and RH about over in the Lawyers thread last week. I just couldn't see any way that JB seeking to turn BC into a witness would not turn into a massive conflict and mess for him.

So yeah BC has probably been getting very very disenchanted with the insanity of his clients for quite awile. But that in and of itself would not have pushed him over this edge. I mean he has stayed in for this long, why stop now. It's not like he didn't know what sort of hell he had stepped into very early on (after all MN only lasted a few months).

I think he was very clear and understandable as to why he quit. His client has put him in a postion, by giving privileged comunications between her, himself and her prior attorney, to the defense, where he would be called as a witness in the defense of her daughter (not his client). he now sits at a place where he either has to act as an agent of KC's defense, and say something that he clearly states is untrue in court, or he needs to get on the stand and call his client and the fellons defense attorney a liar. This is a horrible horrible situation to be in, and I can't see any attorney tolerating being treated in this manner. The attorney is supposed to go forth and make claims in the clients name, which the client can then back up or deny. The client is NOT allowed to go forth and put forth claims in the attorneys name.

This is part of what I was asking AZL and RH about over in the Lawyers thread last week. I just couldn't see any way that JB seeking to turn BC into a witness would not turn into a massive conflict and mess for him.

So yeah BC has probably been getting very very disenchanted with the insanity of his clients for quite awile. But that in and of itself would not have pushed him over this edge. I mean he has stayed in for this long, why stop now. It's not like he didn't know what sort of hell he had stepped into very early on (after all MN only lasted a few months).

So is it a "moot" subject as JB claims or does BC has a legitimate complaint? The damage is already done, horse out of the barn....

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

CA basically compromised confidential and professional relations with her attorney, BC to use him as a tool to force MN's hand and it backfired --- because BC has more integrity and ethics than to do that. CA will sacrifice anyone and everyone to protect and save ICA.

ITA faefrost. You know you've reached the depth of despair and disgusting behavior when a fellow attorney is forced to resign to defend his integrity and protect his career in order to remain an respected officer of the court. Conway drew the line. I say GOOD FOR HIM!

I know a lot of members have never liked or trusted Conway. I always viewed him as a patient, compassionate man who accepted that he was never going to have control over Cindy, but knew they needed some representation. He certainly wasn't in it for the money. The ONLY thing that BC ever said/did that gave me pause was when he went on LKL and said there was no duct tape on Caylee's skull. I found that out of character for him. I immediately wondered WHO fed him that info, because it was clearly WRONG. The duct tape WAS the murder weapon. To this day, I still want to know where he got that info. I do not think he would have said that, unless he believed it and the source where he got that info.

If we're gonna throw honor, integrity and ethics out the window, I say HHJP just should order them ALL to a mud wrestling match. They've been slinging enough for 2 years. Heck, just let 'em settle it that way. Seems fitting, iykwim.

I just heard on the WESH newscast, the reporter who spoke to BC when he landed said some lawyers were saying BC didn't need to step down even if he was a witness. He also said that when asked about the Baez claim, BC called it, quote, BS.
So where's the real story?

I suspect we'll be reading about it, courtesy of Simon & Schuster or McGraw Hill or whatever. ya know?

It's ok with me if Brad doesn't trash talk now. I'm good with that. As much as I consider NeJame the classiest of class acts, I sometimes wish he'd just be quiet. I mean, Linda Drane Burdick and Jeff Ashton speak so loudly and strongly without EVER saying a word to the press. I kinda dig that.

:biggrin:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsJcg-g1pg[/ame]

I'll be thinking of Brad Conway as he recuperates. I know first hand how traumatizing it is to get back to the real world after crazyville.

Could anyone give me the cliffnotes version of what happened today & why? Actually, feel free to call it:

The Idiot's Guide to Why BC Quit

Could anyone give me the cliffnotes version of what happened today & why? Actually, feel free to call it:

The Idiot's Guide to Why BC Quit

Post 326 sums it up very nicely.

Shorter version :Cindy's chickens came home to roost. Except for BC, who flew da coop.

ITA faefrost. You know you've reached the depth of despair and disgusting behavior when a fellow attorney is forced to resign to defend his integrity and protect his career in order to remain an respected officer of the court. Conway drew the line. I say GOOD FOR HIM!

I know a lot of members have never liked or trusted Conway. I always viewed him as a patient, compassionate man who accepted that he was never going to have control over Cindy, but knew they needed some representation. He certainly wasn't in it for the money. The ONLY thing that BC ever said/did that gave me pause was when he went on LKL and said there was no duct tape on Caylee's skull. I found that out of character for him. I immediately wondered WHO fed him that info, because it was clearly WRONG. The duct tape WAS the murder weapon. To this day, I still want to know where he got that info. I do not think he would have said that, unless he believed it and the source where he got that info.

If we're gonna throw honor, integrity and ethics out the window, I say HHJP just should order them ALL to a mud wrestling match. They've been slinging enough for 2 years. Heck, just let 'em settle it that way. Seems fitting, iykwim.

What was the date of the LKL show where Conway said there was no duct tape?

There was a Today Show -???, 2009 - with Conway and Dr. Werner Spitz (did Caylee's autopsy) and Dr. Spitz said there was no adhesive on her skull - thus, no duct tape .... maybe that is where that baloney got started? Spitz is NOT on the Defense witness list now either!

In the Dominic emails - Dom tells Luke that he just learned there was no duct tape - I'll go look for the date of that email.
Casey 4 Part 2
http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/casey-04-0805-2010_Part2.pdf
pg 87 - Jan 21, 2009 - RE: Duct tape and heart shaped stickies??? - Brad Conway - no duct tape - WFTV bull****
Luke asks if true or WFTV bull**** lies?

There was a Today Show -June 22, 2009 - with Conway and Dr. Werner Spitz (did Caylee's autopsy) and Dr. Spitz said there was no adhesive on her skull - thus, no duct tape .... maybe that is where that baloney got started? Spitz is NOT on the Defense witness list now either!

In the Dominic emails - Dom tells Luke that he just learned there was no duct tape - I'll go look for the date of that email.

BBM - I believe it was December 10 or 9, it was the day or so before Caylee was found which was December 11, it was the Larry King interview. I hope I'm not wrong, I think I'm right.

On another subject... does anybody know, or have a theory, when the Anthony's themselves found out about Brad's resignation? Would he have told them privately say this morning, or last night, or before they left for New York which would probably have been the evening of Thursday August 12? Or would he have told them as far back as Jose's motion of August 9? I would imagine Brad gave them the courtesy of a face to face resignation, or are they now going to come out and say THEY LET HIM GO, as they did with Oprah and Mark NeJame? I noticed in the little intro segment of this morning's Today Show interview with Brad that the voice-over said "The Anthony's let go of Mark NeJame to replace him with Brad Conway" or something to that effect. And we know that's not true, Mark quit on them. So did Oprah , but that didn't stop Cindy from saying SHE cancelled Oprah first.

There was a Today Show -June 22, 2009 - with Conway and Dr. Werner Spitz (did Caylee's autopsy) and Dr. Spitz said there was no adhesive on her skull - thus, no duct tape .... maybe that is where that baloney got started? Spitz is NOT on the Defense witness list now either!

Casey 4 Part 2
http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/casey-04-0805-2010_Part2.pdf
pg 87 - Jan 21, 2009 - RE: Duct tape and heart shaped stickies??? - Brad Conway - no duct tape - WFTV bull****
Luke asks if true or WFTV bull**** lies?

UMMMM: of course there was no adhesive on her skull, THE SKULL had been run thru analytical evaluation! DUH! AND extrapolating the thought that "no adhesive = no duct tape" is NOT BASED on science! (at least via any textbooks I've ever skimmed):snooty:

You know, 'Beach, I completely agree with you on the bolded above but just wanted to add that when it came to representation by both Nejame AND Conway, their compassion and patience was a direct result of their feelings towards GA as a grieving grandfather who was going through a nightmare. Both attorneys seemed to only gravitate towards George, sit with George, etc..

Not saying GA has ALWAYS displayed grieving behavior, but I can recall a few times when I sympathized with him...CA...not so much....but maybe if I ever see grieving behavior out of her :waitasec:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0905/13/lkl.01.html

CNN LARRY KING LIVE
Anthonys Defend Daughter
Aired May 13, 2009

KING: All right. The heart of -- the body is stuffed in a laundry bag. The skull is wrapped in duct tape.

Could you imagine your daughter would do that?

CINDY ANTHONY: No. And I don't...

CONWAY: The duct tape probably was not wrapped around the skull. There are -- the forensics...

KING: Well, what do we know and what don't we know?

CONWAY: We know that there was no flesh and no hair attached to the -- to the duct tape, yet that's what goes out in the media and that's what people assume to be true. And that's the unfair part, is that this -- this young lady has not had her opportunity in court, yet -- yet people have drawn conclusions from discovery that's out there.

Discovery is documents that are put forth by the state testing, statements, written statements, oral statements, taped statements. But evidence is what happens in court.

(clip)

KING: The supposed hard sticker evidence, the duct tape covering Caylee's mouth allegedly had a heart-shaped residue, apparently from a sticker. And a sheet of a heart shaped stickers, with some missing, was found at your home. How do you explain that?

CONWAY: Not true.

KING: What do you mean?

CONWAY:There was no heart-shaped sticker on the duct tape

KING: Who reported that?

CONWAY: That's speculation that comes from the thousands of pages are --
KING: How can you speculate a heart-shaped thing on a duct tape. It's either there or it isn't there? How do you speculate that?

CONWAY: There were items found within the bag and within the area. And people want to put them together, but they are not together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back