NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this article this morning as we ate at the IHOP on Boulder. I had just placed a bunch of SK's cards in my purse, and gave one to the newspaper sales lady outside of IHOP.

I mentioned the library way way back on the thread without any response, as I've seen the homeless hanging out at the library. Especially the library on Las Vegas Blvd near downtown.

Haven't seen any missing posters for SK around town. I find this a bit odd, as it came to mind when I was recently in a suburb of Portland , and saw Kyron's posters in a few establishments.

Great minds think alike; I was just coming over to post that. Thank you!

Amazing what ONE Las Vegas Metropolitan PD detective can do, when given the means and mission to identify the living.

I find it shocking that NO ONE, in all of these years, ever checked the one logical database, which would have identified "Margra".

I hope they don't drop this effort, because there are people out on the streets who are one step from having to be declared legal wards.

The guy doing the "tunnel people" contacts told me he'd been aware of Steven's story, and I asked him to just let someone know if he comes across him.

The story gave me an idea of where to send some cards to: the library, which NO ONE here had ever mentioned.

I read this article this morning as we ate at the IHOP on Boulder. I had just placed a bunch of SK's cards in my purse, and gave one to the newspaper sales lady outside of IHOP.

Thank you!

I mentioned the library way way back on the thread without any response, as I've seen the homeless hanging out at the library. Especially the library on Las Vegas Blvd near downtown.

I'm sorry, I just didn't remember it. I guess it's like how I mentioned business-card sized posters and it didn't catch on. It's hard keeping track.

I'll add it to my list of places to mail cards to.

Haven't seen any missing posters for SK around town. I find this a bit odd, as it came to mind when I was recently in a suburb of Portland , and saw Kyron's posters in a few establishments.

I think posters for missing children and young women are more likely to stay "up" -- but as we've seen with this case, missing men are overlooked.

Plus, posters are often removed as "nonconforming" in businesses. That's why I hope the cards will stick around a bit longer.

On another note in regard to wards of the state, I had been trying to find one of my uncles for months, and continued to get silence when checking mental health centers in Nebraska, due to privacy regulations. It took the death of my father, and a very firm letter to get the answer. My uncle was so pleased to see his limited family after not seeing them for 25 yrs.

I was told by the guardianship organization that the mental health facility had tried to locate my uncle's family, but this was hogwash.....the name isn't common, and there were family members in the adjoining communities of this city. Listed in the phone book, mind you.

I want to add that I found my birthfather 4 yrs ago with just his name. He wasn't hiding, but people can be found. One of the most rewarding things I've ever done for myself, and one of the most emotionally difficult things I've ever done.

On another note in regard to wards of the state, I had been trying to find one of my uncles for months, and continued to get silence when checking mental health centers in Nebraska, due to privacy regulations. It took the death of my father, and a very firm letter to get the answer. My uncle was so pleased to see his limited family after not seeing them for 25 yrs.

I was told by the guardianship organization that the mental health facility had tried to locate my uncle's family, but this was hogwash.....the name isn't common, and there were family members in the adjoining communities of this city. Listed in the phone book, mind you.

I want to add that I found my birthfather 4 yrs ago with just his name. He wasn't hiding, but people can be found. One of the most rewarding things I've ever done for myself, and one of the most emotionally difficult things I've ever done.

Sounds like there's an interesting story there ;)

Fairy1 had mentioned the "five cases" awhile ago, and I'm surprised that only one of them has been ID'd by now.

The real reason was to get Medicaid and other non-Nevada funding for these people; maybe a p-poor economy has a silverlining: the "privacy" goes out the window when there's a greater need.

I know that the Social Security administration will send a letter out, IF there's a documented family emergency -- and that the Salvation Army will broadcast a wide net, for people missing over six months.

But those things have to be done by the family, and I'm sure they've done what can be done; I know they checked the Social Security system, but since there was no emergency, they couldn't use that system.

...but look what's partially back online (found during a general Google search to see if anything new had popped up online):

Cottonwood20

...but look what's partially back online (found during a general Google search to see if anything new had popped up online):

Cottonwood20

Thank you for bringing this to attention (again); I tried to find it after we discussed it in the beginning, but I was never able to make the link work. I know we largely dismissed this site as the work of young, goofy, guys; but like I said before, I had never actually read it. While I don't believe the primary assertion they make about Steven (his sexuality), I can't help but notice that he is pretty much the only one who gets disparaged in this manner. It makes me wonder if Steven tended to be the butt-of-jokes or the one who is always made fun of. This could explain why Steven's "friends" don't seem very friendly to us; apparently some of them weren't very nice to Steven either.

I guess I shouldn't make too much of it. But to me, it's one thing to make fun of everybody equally and its something completely different to single out one individual for ridicule. Does anyone else see the disparity?

Thank you for bringing this to attention (again); I tried to find it after we discussed it in the beginning, but I was never able to make the link work. I know we largely dismissed this site as the work of young, goofy, guys; but like I said before, I had never actually read it. While I don't believe the primary assertion they make about Steven (his sexuality), I can't help but notice that he is pretty much the only one who gets disparaged in this manner. It makes me wonder if Steven tended to be the butt-of-jokes or the one who is always made fun of. This could explain why Steven's "friends" don't seem very friendly to us; apparently some of them weren't very nice to Steven either.

I guess I shouldn't make too much of it. But to me, it's one thing to make fun of everybody equally and its something completely different to single out one individual for ridicule. Does anyone else see the disparity?

Yup. I do. Absolutely.

Actually, this isn't *the* site I originally found (which was quickly removed by its creator once it got mentioned) --- but this one is the companion site, and it quotes the words from the other site. KWIM?

I may be wrong, but I can make a mini-timeline of it all:
Website teasing SK
Other guys all marry or are headed that direction
SK leaves Ricks College after second year (soon after website teasing)
SK goes to UofU, makes other friends, jobs, Trib, etc, etc.
SK moves to St George
Still can't find "right girl" or "right job"
Drives to RV NV to (evidently) see a girl who lives in SLC
SK ignores FB/call from friend who created the now-missing website
He and a "church friend" call/text 14 times that last week
They're both in the Vegas area Dec 12/13th
Sudden silence between them after Sunday morning call
SK checks only incoming VMs
SK disappears

Family's insistence that he's a jock-type "man's man" may indicate non-acceptance (or unknowing).

I dunno. We have clues all over the place, but the above fit together best, to me.

Cottonwood 20

Does anyone know if one of SK's college roomies, RW, moved to Las Vegas with his parents? He could have very well visited with his parents around Christmas i.e. 12/13. I believe his parents live on the far eastside of LV.

Yup. I do. Absolutely.

Actually, this isn't *the* site I originally found (which was quickly removed by its creator once it got mentioned) --- but this one is the companion site, and it quotes the words from the other site. KWIM?

I may be wrong, but I can make a mini-timeline of it all:
Website teasing SK
Other guys all marry or are headed that direction
SK leaves Ricks College after second year (soon after website teasing)
SK goes to UofU, makes other friends, jobs, Trib, etc, etc.
SK moves to St George
Still can't find "right girl" or "right job"
Drives to RV NV to (evidently) see a girl who lives in SLC
SK ignores FB/call from friend who created the now-missing website
He and a "church friend" call/text 14 times that last week
They're both in the Vegas area Dec 12/13th
Sudden silence between them after Sunday morning call
SK checks only incoming VMs
SK disappears

Family's insistence that he's a jock-type "man's man" may indicate non-acceptance (or unknowing).

I dunno. We have clues all over the place, but the above fit together best, to me.

I completely agree with your timeline.

Amazing! Doesn't it feel good to know that after nearly nine months and 16 threads, we are right back where we started?! I'm angry that we stopped focusing on "you-know-who" at the request of the family. He deserves the generous spotlight we've been shining on him. What now?: My latest hypothesis is that Steven was in LV on Saturday Dec. 12th with "you-know-who" and with his cell phone turned off. This incident didn't start on Sunday, it started on Saturday (as you suggest). Nothing like a trip to a Vegas condo with "friends."

I wish we had some eyes on the ground in St. George. I'd like to know what ol' GW is up to these days.

Cottonwood 20

Does anyone know if one of SK's college roomies, RW, moved to Las Vegas with his parents? He could have very well visited with his parents around Christmas i.e. 12/13. I believe his parents live on the far eastside of LV.

Hmmm....RW (RSW or RPW?) seems to be employed in Twin Falls, Idaho BUT he certainly would visit parents who lived in LV.

Would they perhaps live in the area around Whitney Ranch?

I completely agree with your timeline.

Amazing! Doesn't it feel good to know that after nearly nine months and 16 threads, we are right back where we started?! I'm angry that we stopped focusing on "you-know-who" at the request of the family. He deserves the generous spotlight we've been shining on him. What now?: My latest hypothesis is that Steven was in LV on Saturday Dec. 12th with "you-know-who" and with his cell phone turned off. This incident didn't start on Sunday, it started on Saturday (as you suggest). Nothing like a trip to a Vegas condo with "friends."

I wish we had some eyes on the ground in St. George. I'd like to know what ol' GW is up to these days.

I think the previous focus was on GW involved in something criminal (or am I remembering wrongly?) I don't see criminal, in this scenario.

I think the family *could* protect someone who was close to their son, IF he told them the entire story. PLUS, they've heard the saved VMs.

I think the previous focus was on GW involved in something criminal (or am I remembering wrongly?) I don't see criminal, in this scenario.

I think the family *could* protect someone who was close to their son, IF he told them the entire story. PLUS, they've heard the saved VMs.

Perhaps the focus was criminal, but at this point I'm not thinking criminal as much as "knows more than he's saying." I think he at least knows exactly why Steven was in Las Vegas, maybe even why he was in SCA. I also think he rendezvoused with Steven in Vegas at some point. Granted, keeping this secret is not illegal, but it could certainly be considered immoral or unethical (or at least against the teachings of his faith.)

I don't think there is much to the voicemails ("Hey Steve, it's me. Give me a call" - seems pretty innocuous). And if the family knew the whole story, I think they'd put it to rest - not come out with a brand new website, part of which is dedicated to collecting tips.

Rereading the timeline - I can't get over the fact that NO ONE noticed Steven was missing for 4 days! (Monday through Thursday, at which point his mother reports him missing from 400 miles away) I'm not a believer in conspiracy theories, but seriously, this is just weird!

Perhaps the focus was criminal, but at this point I'm not thinking criminal as much as "knows more than he's saying." I think he at least knows exactly why Steven was in Las Vegas, maybe even why he was in SCA. I also think he rendezvoused with Steven in Vegas at some point. Granted, keeping this secret is not illegal, but it could certainly be considered immoral or unethical (or at least against the teachings of his faith.)

I don't think there is much to the voicemails ("Hey Steve, it's me. Give me a call" - seems pretty innocuous). And if the family knew the whole story, I think they'd put it to rest - not come out with a brand new website, part of which is dedicated to collecting tips.

Rereading the timeline - I can't get over the fact that NO ONE noticed Steven was missing for 4 days! (Monday through Thursday, at which point his mother reports him missing from 400 miles away) I'm not a believer in conspiracy theories, but seriously, this is just weird!

People were trying to contact him; LL and TH practically "went nuts" in the amount of calls they made to him (17 calls to him, between when he went missing and Dec 16th).
Why would anyone call that often, when someone's not responding?

Henderson Parking called SK twice on Dec 15th, and once on Dec 16th. They'd have had to have gotten his cellphone number from TH, yet TH didn't alert the family -- and they didn't find out until Henderson Parking called late on the 16th?

It's mind-numbing.

bbm

I have always felt that because who calls someone approx. 14 text/calls in the previous week and then from Sunday December 13 at lunch nothing.
How did he know SK was going to never be heard from after that or even seen again. It is something that doesn't add up to me but then again maybe the family knows more. The post to us about GW was very adamant to lay off him.

bbm

I have always felt that because who calls someone approx. 14 text/calls in the previous week and then from Sunday December 13 at lunch nothing.
How did he know SK was going to never be heard from after that or even seen again. It is something that doesn't add up to me but then again maybe the family knows more. The post to us about GW was very adamant to lay off him.

That doesn't have to mean he knew SK wasn't to be seen again. It might well mean that for other reasons, such as a quarrel, he didn't expect to or want to see SK again.

Me too, me too, me too! Totally agree with everything you say!!!

Hmmm....RW (RSW or RPW?) seems to be employed in Twin Falls, Idaho BUT he certainly would visit parents who lived in LV.

Would they perhaps live in the area around Whitney Ranch?

RSW's parents used to own a home near Hollywood & Charleston, but I now see that this home was sold 6/05. Wasn't able to locate another address.

What about voicemails that were deleted? Maybe that's why he kept checking them...or whoever did, to make sure that certain messages were deleted. Maybe that is how they were communicating...by voicemail. Voicemail is deleted once deleted and cannot be retrieved. Makes sense why the last call would be to voicemail.

Also, I LOVE that GW made sure to let Naegle know he WAS at church. Almost like he made sure he was. Couldn't make the meeting, but made a point to make the church meeting. Hmmm why not just stay away for the day???

bbm

Me three! I've never wavered on this. I don't think GW had criminal intents, but it's criminal now if you know something and aren't telling in my mind. His Facebook postings still haunt me!

bbm

The family may have said layoff GW, but they do not need to get on WS if they do not want. I respect what they say on their website for sk, but here we should discuss how we feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal