NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was she intending to kidnap the boss's daughter? Or to make it look like they were also a victim of kidnapping? Why not leave a ransom note only for Zahra on the car and another one on the boss's car?

She was trying to make it look like the kidnappers thought the boss lived there and took Zahra by mistake instead of the boss' daughter.

Here's my thoughts on all this. I'll try to keep it somewhat "simplistic" and not too graphic - ya'll can think the details.

On the 2 chippers. I don't believe it was "started" at the house - more that it was "ended" at the house. They both drove to the work site and the large chipper was used. It was meesy, very ugly and didn't quite "do the job" they thought it would. So, they got shovels and filled both trunks (or the trunk of the sedan and the back of the Tahoe) with "the mulch". They brought it all home and then ran it through the second chipper which created a "mulch pile" in the backyard. Then the gasoline in the vehicle and set it all afire. (Maybe even some of Zahra's clothes and belongings were thrown in the fire.

This would put decomp and blood into both vehicles, on both woodchippers and in the burned mulch pile in the backyard and the mulch pile at the work site. Cadavar dogs would alert to all those.

I also believe there were probably so "HIGH" when they did this as that is the only way ANY human being could carry out such a horrific event without totally going completely insane. And yes, meth could make you that way.

I believe we'll get a lot more news tomorrow and prepare yourselves - its gonna be hard to take.

Equally plausible. Thank you. hmmm, sounds like a lot of us are in agreement on both vehicles being there and two crimes scenes.

That is exactly what I was thinking earlier, but I didn't want to make light of it with the gravity of the situation. But seriously, what was this woman thinking or what drugs is she on. Ransom notes are so rare that LE sees right through the BS in a sec. Nobody in their right mind is going to believe somebody is holding this child for a million dollars.

Ok peace out and hug your bubs tight tonight.

I'll be back later and add in any Oz media links I find while you're all sleeping.

Will we know something if they can find some proof tonight?

Based on previous newsroom experience they may know but first a positive identification must be made and next of kin notified before releasing it to the press.

Even if the press knows usually this procedure is followed first but we have some news sources now prone to sensationalism. This can lead to premature announcements.

I also believe the father is NOK but I think identification is more important.

I want to know if any of the neighbors remember hearing when that chipper at the house was last run. You all know those things are LOUD and have a distinct roar and ZIP when something is run through them. Living in hurricane country as long as I have - there is no mistaking when a woodchipper is running in the vicinity clearing tree limbs, branches and such.

So, when did the nieghbors remember hearing that chipper run last?

O/T on a positive note (which I think we all need right about now) the first rescuer is now being lowered into the mine in Chili- the first miner should be at the surface in about an hour,

She was trying to make it look like the kidnappers thought the boss lived there and took Zahra by mistake instead of the boss' daughter.

A really bad plan IMO and went awry when their daughter was not discovered as missing and presumed kidnapped "by mistake"

sadly, makes you wonder if there was some sort of benefit imagined such as fund raisers, etc. while these mourning parents sought the return of their precious daughter.

Thank goodness it is almost bedtime, or I may risk a time out :(

Based on previous newsroom experience they may know but first a positive identification must be made and next of kin notified before releasing it to the press.

Even if the press knows usually this procedure is followed first but we have some news sources now prone to sensationalism. This can lead to premature announcements.

I also believe the father is NOK but I think identification is more important.

BBM:waitasec:
What does NOK mean.

Closing thread please continue...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116964"]Here[/ame]

I am going to assume that the dogs were cadaver dogs, and yes, they are trained only to hit on human remains. A woodchipper is not a good way to conceal human remains by any means. This is really yucky and sick, but wood chippers are not made to chip up soft things, such as a body, and remains and dna would be evident all over the machinery.
Yes you are correct. Hubbys crew did an apple tree one day, complete with apples and he said it was a sticky gooey mess. Applesauce all over the place. When I was with them they did a Walnut tree and walnuts were shooting out the shoot and going into the chipper truck (an open back truck that contains the chippings) and you should have heard them banging against the side of the truck.

I want to know if any of the neighbors remember hearing when that chipper at the house was last run. You all know those things are LOUD and have a distinct roar and ZIP when something is run through them. Living in hurricane country as long as I have - there is no mistaking when a woodchipper is running in the vicinity clearing tree limbs, branches and such.

That is what led me to think they would have to be crazy to run this thing at the house to do this crime. What if one of the neighbors suddenly came over to see what was going on or to visit? I bet they did use the chipper, but at the work site where nobody could witness them.

Great question!!!!

There was a vigil tonight.....I rode by slowly...thought about stopping....but got stared at by everyone there instead! probably around 25ish people. To the side of the house (small passage road behind a restaurant) were big flood lights and news crews hanging out.

:(

There are probably quite a few other people out working to figure out what happened here. The people at the vigil- not the only ones working for Zahra's justice. Hope that makes you feel a little better?

that is a very good question! We really need to narrow this time line. The odds of people cohabitating with a corpse for long are less likely than disposal rather quickly. This is crucial to our timeline IMO

That is exactly what I was thinking earlier, but I didn't want to make light of it with the gravity of the situation. But seriously, what was this woman thinking or what drugs is she on. Ransom notes are so rare that LE sees right through the BS in a sec. Nobody in their right mind is going to believe somebody is holding this child for a million dollars.

I wasn't sure either. Peeps here know me though so I'm sure you know I grieve for Zahra and am glad she is where she cannot be hurt anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven