NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
PROGRAMMING NOTE:
Nightline will be covering Zahra tonight. Check your local listings for time.

DEMAND??? I thought LE "requested" records from Australia? The USA can't DEMAND anything from anyone in Australia, without a court order IF a court order would even work in Australia from the USA.
This, from earlier today -

NC police seek medical records for missing girl

Investigators searching for a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl want medical records from her native Australia, including details on the prosthesis she's had since losing a leg to bone cancer.

Hickory Deputy Chief Maj. Clyde Deal said Tuesday detectives need to know the model, serial number, and composition of the artificial leg from the Australian medical facility that fitted it for Zahra Clare Baker.

Deal wouldn't say if investigators have also sought dental records, which are often used to identify a body.

more at http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13350509

Flights from Sydney to North Carolina start about $2,000 per person for a 2 week turnaround and go up to ~$2,800.00, NOT including a hotel, food, car etc.

With today's economy, who knows if the grandparents even have that kind of money to travel to the USA. We also don't know if they have passports to travel.

Plus lodging. I would not personally want to stay with EB's family if I were them. So adding in flights, food, and a place to stay for who knows HOW long it gets very expensive!!

I was moody, defiant, stubborn and would "cut my nose off to spite my face" at age 10. I stayed in my room even after I was allowed out with the attitude of making my parents feel even more guilty.

LOL.....yeah he was like that as well!! He still has his moments but for the most part he has adjusted to the hormones or at least he expects them now and handles them better :)

I don't know. :waitasec: The grandma took care of her but maybe they need the mother to give consent over there to release medical records?? Not sure of the laws in AU.

they are saying on NG they could be looking into her cancer!!!!!

This, from earlier today -

NC police seek medical records for missing girl

Investigators searching for a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl want medical records from her native Australia, including details on the prosthesis she's had since losing a leg to bone cancer.

Hickory Deputy Chief Maj. Clyde Deal said Tuesday detectives need to know the model, serial number, and composition of the artificial leg from the Australian medical facility that fitted it for Zahra Clare Baker.

Deal wouldn't say if investigators have also sought dental records, which are often used to identify a body.

more at http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13350509

I read the article this morning and I never spotted the word "demand" but more so "want the records."

ETA In response to Eileen re: grandma raised AB

Sorry, I think that's kinda harsh.

We don't know, but all reports say Zahra adored her grandmother and her grandmother her. We also have the statements from people who knew Zahra during her medical treatments in Australia and were touched at how loving, caring, etc. the grandmother was. Grandma was raising her during the scariest, and yet happiest times of her little life.

Even wonderful people sometimes raise children whose crimes they cannot comprehend let alone defend. Parents whose children are involved in illigal activities, drugs, abuse, murder, coverup of murder and all the other things that we are speculating about AB have not necessarily done something to cause that. Once they are grown, the sad fact is, you still love em, but you may not like em or their actions. KWIM?

It would seem from the falling out that Grandma tried to convince AB that EB was bad news and tried to convince him to leave Zahra with her (the only mother figure this child had ever had from what we are told).

I think grandma gave AB some choice words and AB left OZ and left grandma there with no recourse and no Zahra. I also think he hasn't contacted his family from OZ so that he didn't have to hear them try to reason and plead with him or badmouth his new love.

I can't find anything so far to cause me to think Grandma is anything other than a traumatized grandmother who may blame herself. Why didn't I stop him? Why did I leave things the way I did? Maybe if I'd been held my tongue a bit I would at least get to talk to Zahra on the phone. Maybe I would have known she was in trouble.

I cannot imagine what it is like to be in this woman's shoes. I got nothing bad to say about her.

I read the article this morning and I never spotted the word "demand" but more so "want the records."

The paperwork that comes in to the dental offices here when LE wants dental records are all "Demands", it does not imply that someone is withholding them.

Just that it is an official "request", ie if you have them send them, it is not a if you are willing to release them type of request.

Sorry, I think that's kinda harsh.

We don't know, but all reports say Zahra adored her grandmother and her grandmother her. We also have the statements from people who knew Zahra during her medical treatments in Australia and were touched at how loving, caring, etc. the grandmother was. Grandma was raising her during the scariest, and yet happiest times of her little life.

Even wonderful people sometimes raise children whose crimes they cannot comprehend let alone defend. Parents whose children are involved in illigal activities, drugs, abuse, murder, coverup of murder and all the other things that we are speculating about AB have not necessarily done something to cause that. Once they are grown, the sad fact is, you still love em, but you may not like em or their actions. KWIM?

It would seem from the falling out that Grandma tried to convince AB that EB was bad news and tried to convince him to leave Zahra with her (the only mother figure this child had ever had from what we are told).

I think grandma gave AB some choice words and AB left OZ and left grandma there with no recourse and no Zahra. I also think he hasn't contacted his family from OZ so that he didn't have to hear them try to reason and plead with him or badmouth his new love.

I can't find anything so far to cause me to think Grandma is anything other than a traumatized grandmother who may blame herself. Why didn't I stop him? Why did I leave things the way I did? Maybe if I'd been held my tongue a bit I would at least get to talk to Zahra on the phone. Maybe I would have known she was in trouble.

I cannot imagine what it is like to be in this woman's shoes. I got nothing bad to say about her.

I agree completely...beautifully said.

Heartfelt plea to find Zahra

"Gabby and our family enjoyed many camps with Zahra. Nothing held her back.
"She had a smile that would light up the room and every person who met her was just amazed by her fantastic outlook on life.
"Precious, precious, little princess.
"I remember she had two Camp Quality companions, both beautiful ladies.
"After one camp, I printed out some photos Gabby had and wanted to send them to Zahra.
"I rang ... Zahra's grandmother and asked how Zahra was.
"She was so upset. She explained to me that her son had remarried and they had taken off overseas quite abruptly and she didn't have any idea exactly where they were.
"Over the last two years we have asked the Camp Quality organisers if they had heard where Zahra was, but she seemed to just drop out of all our lives.
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/10/19/178101_news.html

Exactly and that's why I reposted it. :) It also appears they are more concerned with details about the prosthesis than anything else. I'm curious if whoever disposed of her and the leg even considered it is traceable? I hope not! MOO

The paperwork that comes in to the dental offices here when LE wants dental records are all "Demands", it does not imply that someone is withholding them.

Just that it is an official "request", ie if you have them send them, it is not a if you are willing to release them type of request.

Any of our legal eagles know if that would be true of getting records from Australia? Are they bound to comply with American LE Subpoenas or requests?

Ok so I am hours behind right now and you all are probably already off the topic but I just wanted to throw some things out there:

- in favor of dad being innocent (but in denial IMO) - perhaps he called his boss before the 911 call because he wasn't sure what to do in an emergency in the US and his wife was in hysterics and his boss was someone he felt comfortable calling about the situation, especially since he was involved in the ransom note earlier

- there was something else but I forget lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member