Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
this is funny

Did Ms. Stein have
13 any kind of training in self-defense, to your
14 knowledge?
15 A. I don't know.
16 Q. Does she have any kind of
17 training in taking evasive maneuvers if
18 someone were to try to get into her car at
19 a stop sign or anything like that?
20 A. I don't know if she had any
21 formal training in that.

too funny

5 Q. And the first, so the first
6 concern he(Douglas) said was that it was probably
7 unlikely that the killer would come back, the
8 person that perpetrated the crime; is that
9 what he said?
10 A. He said it was very unlikely.
11 Q. Okay. But how about the copy cat
12 killer, what kind of opinion did he offer
13 about the potential for that?
14 A. He said it was very great.
15 Q. And this would be somebody who
16 would try to pattern what had already
17 happened to JonBenet, to do the same thing
18 to Burke?
19 A. Uh-huh (affirmative). Right.

Ah great,but Burke doesn't like to have bodyguards so let's forget about it.

I have to admit right now that I joined this forum especially so I could discuss the 911 call. I tried posting at Topix, but all anyone seems to want to talk about there is personalities, who should be the forum moderator, and things that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the death of JonBenet. Even on-topic discussions turn into the most vile, hateful flamefests... Well, anyway, this place seems a lot better, and certainly has more intelligent discussions.

I used to post at J-7, then JW, then got disgruntled (and tied up with RL) and stopped posting or even lurking on the forums that remained. Of course, like many, recent news reports renewed my interest. Anyway, back to the 911 call.

I have an audio software program that I use on my own files for video processing. I used this to try and eliminate some of the noise and pick up background voices on the released tape. Knowing what has been reported to have been heard on the professionally enhanced recording that investigators have, I believe that the released version has been cut. (I’ll explain if anyone is interested in discussing that part of it.) But there is definitely a third voice (not Patsy, not John) that can clearly be heard speak three words before it is cut mid-sentence. I have a screen-capture video of the sound track where you can see where the words are spoken -- again, not professionally enhanced, but clear enough to recognize that it is not the voice of an adult. The sound quality is not good when recorded with the screen capture, so I’ll gladly share the digital files if someone suggests a suitable website. The only purpose in the video was to show where the third voice occurs. Once you've seen where it happens and have heard it, you will be able to hear it on the original released version. (I tried posting this on Topix, but somehow they kept blocking the weblinks, and no one seemed to want to discuss.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpRPn2xCPg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpRPn2xCPg[/ame]

Also (and I don’t know if this has ever been discussed while I was absent from the forums), when the call first starts, I don’t think Patsy’s first recorded sentence was being addressed to the 911 operator. Listen to the change in her voice between, “Hun, we need a (or “to”, or “the”)...” and the word “Police!” She’s already talking when the first click of the call being answered sounds, and it’s like she’s still talking to someone else before it registers in her mind that the call has been answered. Then she immediately goes into her “emergency” voice and says, “Police! 7, 5, 5, Fifteenth Street.”

(((Her child was supposedly just kidnapped and she has enough Southern charm to address the 911 operator as “Hun”? I don’t think anyone is that Southern.))) I think Burke was in the room during the entire call, and that Patsy was talking to him before the 911 operator answered. I also think that because of the distraction of him and John talking in the background while she was on the phone, that’s why she decided to hang up immediately after saying, “Hurry, hurry, hurry!”

I have to admit right now that I joined this forum especially so I could discuss the 911 call. I tried posting at Topix, but all anyone seems to want to talk about there is personalities, who should be the forum moderator, and things that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the death of JonBenet. Even on-topic discussions turn into the most vile, hateful flamefests... Well, anyway, this place seems a lot better, and certainly has more intelligent discussions.

I used to post at J-7, then JW, then got disgruntled (and tied up with RL) and stopped posting or even lurking on the forums that remained. Of course, like many, recent news reports renewed my interest. Anyway, back to the 911 call.

I have an audio software program that I use on my own files for video processing. I used this to try and eliminate some of the noise and pick up background voices on the released tape. Knowing what has been reported to have been heard on the professionally enhanced recording that investigators have, I believe that the released version has been cut. (I’ll explain if anyone is interested in discussing that part of it.) But there is definitely a third voice (not Patsy, not John) that can clearly be heard speak three words before it is cut mid-sentence. I have a screen-capture video of the sound track where you can see where the words are spoken -- again, not professionally enhanced, but clear enough to recognize that it is not the voice of an adult. The sound quality is not good when recorded with the screen capture, so I’ll gladly share the digital files if someone suggests a suitable website. The only purpose in the video was to show where the third voice occurs. Once you've seen where it happens and have heard it, you will be able to hear it on the original released version. (I tried posting this on Topix, but somehow they kept blocking the weblinks, and no one seemed to want to discuss.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpRPn2xCPg

Also (and I don’t know if this has ever been discussed while I was absent from the forums), when the call first starts, I don’t think Patsy’s first recorded sentence was being addressed to the 911 operator. Listen to the change in her voice between, “Hun, we need a (or “to”, or “the”)...” and the word “Police!” She’s already talking when the first click of the call being answered sounds, and it’s like she’s still talking to someone else before it registers in her mind that the call has been answered. Then she immediately goes into her “emergency” voice and says, “Police! 7, 5, 5, Fifteenth Street.”

(((Her child was supposedly just kidnapped and she has enough Southern charm to address the 911 operator as “Hun”? I don’t think anyone is that Southern.))) I think Burke was in the room during the entire call, and that Patsy was talking to him before the 911 operator answered. I also think that because of the distraction of him and John talking in the background while she was on the phone, that’s why she decided to hang up immediately after saying, “Hurry, hurry, hurry!”

Welcome. OMG, that is AMAZING! I clearly hear the change in her voice in the beginning of the call when she realizes it's been answered and she goes into "emergency mode". I can't stop listening to the "other converstion".

Like you, I really think the 911 call is a critical piece of evidence, the first contact, the "bombshell" that started it all. Thanks again!

Hi,

...I can't find an enhanced copy of the 911 call to listen to. I tried to listen to the one at FFJ but the link is down. Does anyone have a copy? I am SO curious to hear it for myself.

Thanks!

I have two different versions of it -- one has much less background noise (not sure where they are originally from). How do I share it here?

I don't know the answer to that question as I'm a newbie here myself and not very tech savvy, but hopefully the veteran's can advise you. I can't wait to hear it.

She didn't have the RN in her hand when she called 911 right?
Interesting,she remembered that SBTC comes before Victory.
I don't think I would have remembered that after just glancing at the note.

She didn't have the RN in her hand when she called 911 right?
Interesting,she remembered that SBTC comes before Victory.
I don't think I would have remembered that after just glancing at the note.

Good point! I believe you're right that Patsy said in one of the interviews that John was sitting on the floor reading the note while she made the 911 call, and also that she had just "read over it" before she made the call.

Good catch, madeleine.

And the way she takes a little pause between the letters.......IMO she had the note in her hand ..... the pauses are the dots after each letter....OR she knew very well that there were dots after each one

S. B. T. C.

I didn't even think, until I got an email from another poster, that we can contact each other by email if our profile allows it, and I can send the audio files as an attachment to anyone interested -- as an alternative to finding a host.

I did find this version of the recording online (Jenny60123 mentioned she couldn’t’ find it): http://www.acandyrose.com/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

BTW, if you want to get the software I use for audio editing, it's free (my favorite kind), and it's really helpful once you learn how to use it. It's not that difficult to learn how to use (Quick intro here: http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/tutorial.html). If you want it, it's available here: http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html.

I didn't even think, until I got an email from another poster, that we can contact each other by email if our profile allows it, and I can send the audio files as an attachment to anyone interested -- as an alternative to finding a host.

I did find this version of the recording online (Jenny60123 mentioned she couldn’t’ find it): http://www.acandyrose.com/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

BTW, if you want to get the software I use for audio editing, it's free (my favorite kind), and it's really helpful once you learn how to use it. It's not that difficult to learn how to use (Quick intro here: http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/tutorial.html). If you want it, it's available here: http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html.

Welcome to WEBSLEUTHS! Hope you stick around for a long time!

I have two different versions of it -- one has much less background noise (not sure where they are originally from). How do I share it here?
Hi otg, (and welcome BTW)

I assume you have an mp3 that you wish to share?
If you are running Win XP/Vista/7 you can use the built in "Movie Maker" app, import the mp3 and use whatever pic you wish for background.
Upload to YouTube and you're done.
Any problems or questions just pm me, there are quite a few ways to do it depending on your situation.

Hi otg, (and welcome BTW)

I assume you have an mp3 that you wish to share?
If you are running Win XP/Vista/7 you can use the built in "Movie Maker" app, import the mp3 and use whatever pic you wish for background.
Upload to YouTube and you're done.
Any problems or questions just pm me, there are quite a few ways to do it depending on your situation.

Thanks, cynic. I thought about that, but felt that because of the compression during conversion to flv-format, too much would be lost in sound quality. That's why I pointed out that the sound quality is not near as good on the Youtube video as it is on the digital audio file that was shown being played on the WavePad. The purpose of the video was simply to show where the "third voice" is easily found.

I'm looking now at possible file hosts I can use for later (I'm at work now and don't have access to the files anyway.). I'll post what I have later tonight, but you really should get the WavePad application (the free version) so you can use it to listen and isolate areas of interest in the recording.

And thank you all for the welcome. I feel so much more at home here than I did at that other place [[[ otg shivers ]]].

I keep hearing a man's voice saying"reclusion" at the end of the call....does anyone else hear that?
I also kind of think when PR screams "oh my god" it sounds real,as if something happens at that moment that changes things,that scare her,like BR coming into the room?
After the "oh my god" she can not concentrate on what the operator is saying any longer.

Thanks, cynic. I thought about that, but felt that because of the compression during conversion to flv-format, too much would be lost in sound quality. That's why I pointed out that the sound quality is not near as good on the Youtube video as it is on the digital audio file that was shown being played on the WavePad. The purpose of the video was simply to show where the "third voice" is easily found.

I'm looking now at possible file hosts I can use for later (I'm at work now and don't have access to the files anyway.). I'll post what I have later tonight, but you really should get the WavePad application (the free version) so you can use it to listen and isolate areas of interest in the recording.

And thank you all for the welcome. I feel so much more at home here than I did at that other place [[[ otg shivers ]]].

Given those requirements, I would recommend Mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com

They offer unlimited uploads of any files under 200MB, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited downloads.

Given those requirements, I would recommend Mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com

They offer unlimited uploads of any files under 200MB, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited downloads.

Okay, got 'em uploaded all in a single folder on Mediafire. Thanks, cynic. Looks like that's perfect place for this.

I've got the two original files I worked with:
"tape1" is the entire unfiltered recording.
"tape2" is the entire recording with the begining cut and some of the "noise" eliminated.

Then my edits:
"jbr-911-cut" is the last 42 seconds of the call.
"jbr-911-enhanced" is the last 42 seconds with some of the noise filtered out and the keyboard clicks' volume reduced (also volume increased at end where "third voice" occurs).
"jbr-911-helpmejesus" is the area where Patsy supposedly repeats her now famous words.
"jbr-911-whatdidyou" and "jbr-911-whatdidyou2" are where I tried to get the words that the "third voice" (assumed to be Burke) speaks "What did you find?"
"jbr-911-begining" is just the first part of the call where Patsy's change in tone occurs.

As I said in my previous post, I really suggest that you download WavePad to listen to them so you can isolate an area and listen over and over. Also, I'm far from any kind of expert at this, so maybe someone else can help me find John's voice. Actually, though, I don't think it's there. I believe that what we have available had been edited before it was released to the public. If you look at the sound patterns (in "tape 1"), there is a three second dead space that begins after Burke says, "What did you..." So what the fourth word is, we can only guess or believe from media reports. But I believe that is the proof that it had been altered before it was released. I think that is where John reportedly says, "We're not speaking to you." If that is the case, it certainly makes me scratch my head and ask why it would be so important to erase that one part. Any speculation? Suggestions?

Here's the link to the folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sz5vaaab2evbo

If anyone has problems or finds more "stuff" in the recordings, let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpRPn2xCPg

Wow, I am officially freaked out for some reason, and satisfied - I FINALLY hear John's voice at about 2:14/2:58 on that video - you can hear it at exactly between 2:15-2:16 it is very faint but I can hear in the background "...talking to you..." at the same time I hear a child crying and upset in the background! Please tell me someone else hears something? Good job otg!

And if Patsy killed her? She is already gone!

Okay.I do hear something that resembles a woman's voice ..in the background while you can also hear the operator typin....but it also sounds like it's repeating itself.....and I definitely can't figure out what's being said.I don't hear BR's voice,nor JR's.Just a woman's saying something and it's repeating itself(that phrase) over and over while the operator's typing.....weird

I can hear "help me jesus what did you find?" on the "help me jesus" file but it sounds like all in one sentence,like Patsy is saying it?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat
Back