NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosthetic leg: I think it has to be Zahra's. How many other child-sized prosthetic legs would be laying in the brush on the side of the road close to where EB used to live?

Woodchipper: I do NOT think Zahra was put into the woodchipper. My time on WS's has taught me that people really can be that evil, but I just don't feel that is what happened in this case. The media reports about the search dogs "hitting" on the woodchipper engine can be interpreted to mean they hit on "blood" or on "human remains".... two VERY different scents. I think it was blood that the dogs hit on, and LE decided it could have been any worker who had gotten injured. My bet is, they may have used the woodchipper to get rid of a baseball bat, a piece of firewood - something that was perhaps the real murder weapon. If the dogs hit on the smell of decomp, Was Zahra's body placed in some sort of wooden trunk that had the smell of decomp on it, and they had to get rid of that?? :waitasec:

I don't think she was fed through that woodchipper either. AB would know what a mess that would make, how there would be blood and gore all through it. It would be hard to clean a woodchipper good enough to prevent smells and keep one's boss in the dark after doing that, let alone LE. If she went through a woodchipper, it is another woodchipper and that woodchipper is hidden or disposed of. The hit on the employer's chipper could be due to some other related item going through it, or maybe even just unrelated blood.

But I still don't think it is likely he chipped her even if he had access to another chipper. Who would do that, if they knew another method to get her body out the way? He's a landscaper, what are the chances of him thinking quietly and then saying "I know a place." when EB was suggesting ways to dispose of her body? His job involves him going into people's properties and moving their dirt and outdoor items around, that's what he does as well as chipping branches. She could very easily be six foot under in a secluded spot on someone's property that he thinks will never be disturbed.

I understand, it's a real pain to have to go through 30 pages (like I did when RL got in the way today!). On other boards I work on we actually keep a running update that gets re-posted every hour plus or minus depending on what's going on. Kind of a timeline of the happenings and anyone can copy/paste and add on to it and then post. It works very well and this way you don't have to go back more than a few pages to get the most current info.

Sorry if I got in your way.

been around the wood chipper circle one too many times today. Think I'll mosy on over and check on my other missing angels. Back later friends.

When we were up there this afternoon (when Sherlock was there too) we spoke with the evidence guy. He was the one driving the local CSI SUV (This guy). I told him about the picture that SH had posted and you could just see the physical/emotional exhaustion in the investigators faces.....He told me yes 'we are working some really long hours but we are so invested in this case and emotional involved in finding her'. SH might remember his words more accurately but it was extremely moving for me!! He meant it....He had told us at first not to take his picture and I wasn't sure for second if he was being serious....so to lighten the mood I told him 'but it's such a handsome picture'. He did smile and that led to him opening up a little.

My husband drove back by around 7:40. They were still in the house.....he said you could see the lights on (still using the generator apparently). He spoke with the CNN cameraman who told Pete that they had stopped digging/sifting/raking the backyard not long after he and my oldest son left after 5.

Pete also talked to the neighbor that lived behind the house (behind the bamboo as Pete put it lol). He told Pete that AB was ALWAYS working with the wood chipper and making mulch/chips. He said also that he had spoken to AB when they first moved in but that he had never seen Zahra. He said this guy was young, around 30 maybe. So not the guy on the news I would think.

I just think LE knew the note was fake and once that was confirmed the logical conclusion is this is not an abduction and could only mean they are looking at Homicide.

They would have to have some sort of evidence to suggest it was a homicide - a fake ransom note is not enough because the child could have been hidden some place very much alive.

Sorry to bring up an old topic. I am on vacation and reading sporadically. Earlier someone said that either BB or the other B had spent time on 10/7 with Z. Was this from a reliable source or has it been ruled a rumor?
Also, being from the surrounding areas all of my life, folks use wood chippers a lot if they have access to them. Mulch is expensive and it's a nice way to clean up debris at the same time. I would be suspicious if one of my neighbors was chipping after dark (although my coke head neighbor runs his front end loader until about 3am sometimes.

I missed the normal whole thread today, I know they collected stuff at the home. Have they said what it was yet?

I know you guys get asked the same questions over and over but no way can people keep up with this case and the high speed amount of time new threads are formed without missing important details.

I feel your pain...some of us can't monitor the case all day, no matter how much we would like to...sometimes I bite the bullet and ask...other times I just do the best I can. Try and check the media thread in the first post on the thread, that helps alot... thankfully we've had 1st hand info in this case..problem is, none of that can be put in the media thread...sigh..

That's just it.. we don't know what happened and that's also the beauty of Websleuths imo..we can see/hear the same things and interpret them differently and not be worried about saying so. What one person believes to be important or relevant may not be what another believes to be the case. I may not agree with some, but I sure respect their opinion and their right to it! Long Live Websleuths, lol!

Very well said!

but one thing we do all agree upon is finding Zahra!

What if LE jumped the gun and called it a homicide too soon? Cancelled the Amber Alert too soon? And now are really going over that house again to see if they can find proof she really is dead? Just thinking out loud.

I am just stuck on them naming this a homicide so quickly, and yet quite a while ago now, and yet no reason has been given, no sign of Zahra...

They would have to have some sort of evidence to suggest it was a homicide - a fake ransom note is not enough because the child could have been hidden some place very much alive.

I can't help but think that EB gave them more information than just the fact that she wrote the note when she was first arrested. She was pretty agitated that day. Now if she did, that doesn't mean it was accurate but I think it was her that told them Zahra was deceased. And I think she put all the blame and disposal on AB right from the beginning.

Since making that homicide announcement, LE have spend a lot of time at places where AB lived and worked since being in the US. They also spent a lot of time with wood/mulch piles and digging underneath them IMO.

MOO

Hey all. I only got to drive by a couple times this afternoon... But I'm off work tomorrow, so if anything develops I'm just down the street and will get up there.

Just a quick jumble of thoughts. I'm doing some OT tonight so that I'm off tomorrow. ( I work from home)

There are so many theories and possibilities to what happened to this little girl that I'm boggled. I really hated the wood chipper theory, but sifting in the yard? What could they possibly be looking for by doing that?

How is EB just sitting in jail. What kind of monster can keep quiet about something like this???

And just a morbid happening in my day... I was watching a re run of CSI miami this afternoon. Any guesses to the episode and murder weapon? Made me sick. Too close to home for me.

When we were up there this afternoon (when Sherlock was there too) we spoke with the evidence guy. He was the one driving the local CSI SUV (This guy). I told him about the picture that SH had posted and you could just see the physical/emotional exhaustion in the investigators faces.....He told me yes 'we are working some really long hours but we are so invested in this case and emotional involved in finding her'. SH might remember his words more accurately but it was extremely moving for me!! He meant it....He had told us at first not to take his picture and I wasn't sure for second if he was being serious....so to lighten the mood I told him 'but it's such a handsome picture'. He did smile and that led to him opening up a little.

My husband drove back by around 7:40. They were still in the house.....he said you could see the lights on (still using the generator apparently). He spoke with the CNN cameraman who told Pete that they had stopped digging/sifting/raking the backyard not long after he and my oldest son left after 5.

Pete also talked to the neighbor that lived behind the house (behind the bamboo as Pete put it lol). He told Pete that AB was ALWAYS working with the wood chipper and making mulch/chips. He said also that he had spoken to AB when they first moved in but that he had never seen Zahra. He said this guy was young, around 30 maybe. So not the guy on the news I would think.

BBM This is maybe kind of or kind of not off topic but i was wondering back when they were saying things about the hose through the window and now with the generator being mentioned. Wouldnt LE be able to get the utilitys turned on lights water etc..without any trouble? I just dont understand the hose for water or generator for lights.

I DO NOT believe, based on what we have been told by LE so far. that this dear girl was disposed of via a woodchipper. I would bet the house on it/ I find the talk of it so disturbing, I just cannot think that way.
God bless Zahra

What if LE jumped the gun and called it a homicide too soon? Cancelled the Amber Alert too soon? And now are really going over that house again to see if they can find proof she really is dead? Just thinking out loud.

I am just stuck on them naming this a homicide so quickly, and yet quite a while ago now, and yet no reason has been given, no sign of Zahra...

Yeppers, I've thought of this too, excellent points to ponder. I hope the homicide investigation did not proceed directly from only the cadaver dogs's hits on the vehicles described in the warrant. I don't suppose it did, and yet -

I also respect everyone's opinion. They don't have to agree with me or disagree. That is why I can say Ty for a post and Ty for the exact opposite opinion. We are all here for the same reason.

Sorry to bring up an old topic. I am on vacation and reading sporadically. Earlier someone said that either BB or the other B had spent time on 10/7 with Z. Was this from a reliable source or has it been ruled a rumor?
Also, being from the surrounding areas all of my life, folks use wood chippers a lot if they have access to them. Mulch is expensive and it's a nice way to clean up debris at the same time. I would be suspicious if one of my neighbors was chipping after dark (although my coke head neighbor runs his front end loader until about 3am sometimes.

It is not a rumor. One of our members PunKnLuV's hubby was on the scene last night and was told that BS told a neighbor she was with Zahra the Thursday BEFORE she went missing.

Anything that PunKnLuV shares that she is hearing directly from her hubby has been approved in advance by Tricia.

Very well said!

but one thing we do all agree upon is finding Zahra!

ABSOLUTELY...and in the end THAT is all that matters!..

2nd of course is making sure that whomever is responsible is punished accordingly..:furious:..

It would not surprise me if the wood chipper was used to try and cover up and destroy evidence, but it was NOT her. Not sure why this still keeps coming up over and over, when LE has already commented on this. Other than the gore factor?????

I do not think it's the 'gore factor' that is causing us to get tripped up on the wood chipper. I do not think that anyone here is focusing on anything just for gore. I doubt any of us even WANT to think that.

They were painstakingly going through pile after pile of mulch today. Being up there and watching this makes it difficult for me NOT to keep coming back to the wood chipper IMO. . How can we not be led back to discussing it, really? I'm not saying one way or the other what I believe may or may not have been run through the chipper....I'm just so confused about a lot of things in this case. I for one and incredibly thankful that we can discuss our theories and bounce our ideas off of one another here at WS.

I am just stuck on them naming this a homicide so quickly, and yet quite a while ago now, and yet no reason has been given, no sign of Zahra...[/QUOT

I'm with you on that. I so believe however, Zahra is deceased. The homicide was called really soon without any evidence to the public to back it up. Everything is sealed in this case now, There is bunches we don't know, and I know LE is doing what they know to be best, but, really, it seems to me the change from missing person to homicide should be given a bit of an explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500