NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: grand jury.... what does State have to present so far (that we know of)?

- Fake ransom note + EB admission that she wrote the note to throw off investigators
- Tapes of 911 calls
- Evidence from initial search of house and 10/27-28 searches (incl pieces of walls, large grey tarp, and unidentified small bits from yard--but no time for lab testing of same)
- Mattress from home
- Prosthetic leg
- Witnesses of varying reliability to EB's abuse of Zahra
- What else?

Am leaving out glove found in yard, mattress at landfill... But if this is all DA has then yes it would be super risky to go before grand jury yet...

ETA: Thanks Kat! GJ nerd here. I will try to become a home-schooled expert with you.

Possible blood swabbed from inside vehicle (search warrant)

burnt samples taken from brush (assuming mulch) and vehicle. (we do not know what kind of samples and of what they might be).

Mattress from home yes. Visually seen removing (pics and video MSM) box springs and rails to bed.

Any evidence ON the ransom note if there is any.

Plus the multitude of evidence that could have been recovered from search areas. Search areas that were reported by MSM and those that weren't.

Off the top of my head.

SPECULATION of possible evidence. JMHO

MissJames, I notice your siggy line and apologize for the Off Topic but it suggests that loss by suicide may have trampled through your life and I just wanted to extend a mental hug.

okay, back on topic
STILL OT !
Thank you . A lot of WSers from Caylee's forum already know my son committed suicide a few days after he turned 15. It was New Years Eve and he had big plans ,so we know it wasn't planned,which is the scariest part.
With all the recent suicides connected to bullying I wanted to speak up.
Parents need to talk to their kids ,even if there are no signs of depression.Most teen suicides are an impulsive act.
And too many teen suicides are related to something someone else said or did.
Thanks for noticing!

so, how many of us think GJ will be given the matter of Zahra's case vs how of us think it will just be given the current charges to consider?

I think with the weird 911 calls ,the relatives and neighbors description of abuse and no one seeing Zahra for awhile,they could probably pesent a compelling case for the GJ .Have her prosthesis and hearing aids front and center.
I'm sure they'd prefer to have a lot more,though.

Wow, what is spokeo?

Spokeo is kinda cool - check it out. Like I said, I sometimes find unreliable stuff on there - but often get interesting or hard-to-find nuggets of info. It's frightening how much data is available there, really. lol

When you search a person there, it usually comes up with address info and it tries to come up with the person's social network profiles (kinda have to pick thru the results).

Re: grand jury.... what does State have to present so far (that we know of)?

- Fake ransom note + EB admission that she wrote the note to throw off investigators
- Tapes of 911 calls
- Evidence from initial search of house and 10/27-28 searches (incl pieces of walls, large grey tarp, and unidentified small bits from yard--but no time for lab testing of same)
- Mattress from home
- Prosthetic leg
- Witnesses of varying reliability to EB's abuse of Zahra
- What else?

Am leaving out glove found in yard, mattress at landfill... But if this is all DA has then yes it would be super risky to go before grand jury yet...

ETA: Thanks Kat! GJ nerd here. I will try to become a home-schooled expert with you.

ETAA: Looks like in NC capital cases all require premeditation. Based on what we have seen thus far that might be hard to prove.

One more speculation and thought.

Respectfully bolded by me.

Were those 911 calls released in full? Or were there redacted info or parts of the 911 calls that are being reserved by LE?

Just a thought. It's been known to happen JMHO.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180"]Sleuthers Come Here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Excellent subforum on how we Websleuths sleuth.

Websleuth's not just a noun it's a verb haha.

First time I've actually heard EB's fire call. She's smarter than AB in that she keeps the call brief. In fact, the most interesting thing about that call, imo, is the fact that she does keep the call so brief and yet STILL seems to need to throw in the info that AB works for a tree service company. It's one of the first things out of her mouth. She needs to get that info out there, and AB needs to drive that point home MANY times in his 911 call.

Has anyone ever seen any statement by AB's boss regarding the fire event, or AB's call to him prior to the 911 missing child call? I would think reporters flew like crazy to get a statement from him, but I sure haven't seen any. Makes me think LE made it very clear to him that he's not to divulge anything he's seen or heard. JMO.

I have been thinking about the 911 call too, and really the part I am thinking about is EB explaining that AB works for a tree company.

I know people who live in the outback in Australia, well not right outback but far enough and Australia is pretty much one of the driest places around.

But anyway to my point: On properties where it can be heavily wooded and lots of brush and other potential fire hazards it is very common that one of the first things you will hear from the land owner or a local, put your smoke out properly. Small thing to say but these people are aware of the damage a fire can do.

You could be on the property all day, all week and they would still make sure and even ask, did you put that smoke out. I am not suggesting a smoke started a fire here. But EB mentioning that AB worked for a tree company would give FD a good indication that the call for a fire had potential to be a callout for a blazing fire that could get out of control.

I am curious about the news reports of the vehicle being doused in gas and wouldn't mind reading the most accurate news article which can describe where exactly this gas has been doused on the vehicle, i.e on the front, top, rear, side, inside, everywhere.

Another poster briefly touched on the suggestion that the arsonist may have been hoping for the house to burn down. If IMO the arsonist were hoping that then I would have thought the gas may have been doused all over the house drop a match and walk away.

I might have to unpack my second computer screen so I can multitask a bit better.

I think with the weird 911 calls ,the relatives and neighbors description of abuse and no one seeing Zahra for awhile,they could probably pesent a compelling case for the GJ .Have her prosthesis and hearing aids front and center.
I'm sure they'd prefer to have a lot more,though.
I agree and the "lot more" would definitely include her body, the COD, and most importantly, evidence to prove which one killed her. MOO

eta - many <<<hugs>>> from me also. :)

I have been thinking about the 911 call too, and really the part I am thinking about is EB explaining that AB works for a tree company.

I know people who live in the outback in Australia, well not right outback but far enough and Australia is pretty much one of the driest places around.

But anyway to my point: On properties where it can be heavily wooded and lots of brush and other potential fire hazards it is very common that one of the first things you will hear from the land owner or a local, put your smoke out properly. Small thing to say but these people are aware of the damage a fire can do.

You could be on the property all day, all week and they would still make sure and even ask, did you put that smoke out. I am not suggesting a smoke started a fire here. But EB mentioning that AB worked for a tree company would give FD a good indication that the call for a fire had potential to be a callout for a blazing fire that could get out of control.

I am curious about the news reports of the vehicle being doused in gas and wouldn't mind reading the most accurate news article which can describe where exactly this gas has been doused on the vehicle, i.e on the front, top, rear, side, inside, everywhere.

Another poster briefly touched on the suggestion that the arsonist may have been hoping for the house to burn down. If IMO the arsonist were hoping that then I would have thought the gas may have been doused all over the house drop a match and walk away.

I might have to unpack my second computer screen so I can multitask a bit better.

I haven't seen a MSM article that said outright exactly where or how the gas was applied to or inside the vehicle.

I haven't seen LE state outright exactly where or how the gas was applied either.

I could have missed it though.

The most accurate and valuable info we have at hand this moment would be the search warrant.

All JMHO.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807

HTH

I'm on a trick or treat break with kids right now. May I just say how sad I am at the trick or treat of now compared to trick or treat from my childhood? Start time here is 4:30 but very few have their porch lights on. Kids got some candy but boy, it sure isn't how I remember it from my childhood :(

May be forced to take them out for round two later.

I haven't seen a MSM article that said outright exactly where or how the gas was applied to or inside the vehicle.

I haven't seen LE state outright exactly where or how the gas was applied either.

The most accurate and valuable info we have at hand this moment would be the search warrant.

All JMHO.

HTH

from the Hickory Daily Record timeline:

Saturday, 5:30 a.m.: At the home, a Hickory police officer finds the passenger door of a 1996 Chevy Tahoe open, the smell of gasoline coming from inside and a handwritten ransom note on the front windshield.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/17/timeline-disappearance-zahra-baker-ar-463261/

I'm on a trick or treat break with kids right now. May I just say how sad I am at the trick or treat of now compared to trick or treat from my childhood? Start time here is 4:30 but very few have their porch lights on. Kids got some candy but boy, it sure isn't how I remember it from my childhood :(

We do not even have trick or treat here where I am.
CHILDREN Go to a party at firehall............not the same.
I take our grandchildren to camp, party, costume judging and trick or treat from 2-5pm.
Everyone gives out candy dresses up and kids love it.
Like the good ole days but in daylight.

We live in an 'older' neighbourhoos and get very few kids...but it's still one of my favourite nights! I just love seeing the little tiny ones and the 'magic' in their eyes!

I wish Zahra were sharing the excitement tonight. I wonder that thought has dawned on EB yet? :(

okay.. so I want to revisit these hearing aids that were left behind... and graciously donated to Zahra at the CMS on May 11th.

-she was enrolled in a school last spring. A school that had a teacher there that notified her parents of a free hearing aid giveaway on 11 May 2010. For some reason EB took her there to get them and little Zahra was fitted for them.

~she is fitted for them 6 months ago

-JUNE, JULY, AUGUST pass by... in these months AB and EB both have problems with extended family and charges filed against them... and they move YET AGAIN. One of EB's daughters state to the media that this is the way that EB rolls.. that she herself has moved over and over thru the course of her own life. One family member, BB, states that she did not even know that the family had moved until the day of zahra's vanishing when EB tried to call her to ask to drop charges

-they move to the new house and no one even notices that they have a child. ((neighbor statements previously linked)).

-after she is reported missing the family says that she was currently being "homeschooled" (which is IMHOO a very shabby reason/cover up for why she was not enrolled in a school near the new home address.

so back to the hearing aids

I do not, in my educated opinion, think that this child wore these assistive devices much between the time she received them (May 11-end of the last school year) and up to this point. IMHOO I do not see EB trying to help her hear... let alone do anything else.

We do not yet know exactly WHERE in the bedroom the hearing aids were found but I am sure they were not something that EB ensured that she wore every day. I bet we will find out in days to come that they were found in a box... not next to the bed like Zahra was ready to wake up and put them in her beautiful, precious ears.

I am further sure that we will find out, once this goes to trial, that perhaps free follow up was offered from the company/audiologist that donated the hearing aids and that follow up visits were also provided for and that zahra never showed up. again this is just my opinion.

bottom line... imhoo... this is a child that was grossly neglected from the time she left Australia. Who knows why EB decided to go for those free hearing aids.... limelite? paint her as a good mom? either way... she was NOT imhoo a good mother to zahra... she needs to own up to this and do what is right.

sorry for the long post... my main point I was trying to make is that the leaving behind of the aids does not mean much to me at all because I bet she wasn't using them much up to the point where someone did the unspeakable to this vibrant, beautiful, sparkling child.

moo

To all of new members....

welcomeSwingbluheart.gif

All JMHO.

HTH

I've actively looked for that info and can't find it. Of course, I'm sure I don't have every link that others here have. Maybe someone who does have that info will enlighten us.

We live in an 'older' neighbourhoos and get very few kids...but it's still one of my favourite nights! I just love seeing the little tiny ones and the 'magic' in their eyes!

I wish Zahra were sharing the excitement tonight. I wonder that thought has dawned on EB yet? :(

I was just kind of creeped out by the skulls the Bakers had decorating their front railing...

The town I live in celebrated Halloween last night......yep the south is still steeped in Old Time Religion!! LOL

&#8220;She was the life of any camp we went on, the kids loved her,&#8221; said Camp Quality&#8217;s North Queensland manager Mark McGregor. &#8220;Other kids were so inspired by her enthusiasm and her fight to live against all odds.&#8221;
He remembers what she said when other kids asked her how she could do the ropes course on one leg.
&#8216;Because I want to,&#8221; Zahra said.
Nikki Hay, a teacher&#8217;s aide in the town of Mackay, has a daughter who was a friend and fellow cancer patient with Zahra at Camp Quality.
She remembers seeing Zahra scoot around on her crutches on a trip to Airlie Beach in the Whitsundays region, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
After one of the camps, she printed out some photos her daughter had wanted to send to Zahra.
Hay called Zahra&#8217;s grandmother and asked how she was.
&#8220;She was so upset,&#8221; Hay said. &#8220;She explained to me that her son had remarried and they had taken off overseas quite abruptly and she didn&#8217;t have any idea exactly where they were.&#8221;
Hay told her story in an e-mail to Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins recently. Hay is one of the many people in Australia gripped by the mystery and tragedy of what has happened to Zahra.
&#8220;I want to thank you and your police department for all the fantastic efforts that your team is doing to find answers,&#8221; she wrote. &#8220;I hope that you find Zahra so her grandmother can have closure.&#8221;
Zahra&#8217;s father had hit it off with a Hickory woman, the former Elisa Fairchild. They met on IMVU.com, an online community where people interact with each other in the form of 3-D avatars.
She was a 40-something woman who called herself a gothic fairy, and selected an avatar with red angel wings and a stylish gown to go with his online persona, which was clad in a black duster with bat-wings.
She told friends he was her soulmate, the one she wanted to spend her life with, the one who made her smile when she heard or spoke his name.
&#8220;who says long distance relationships dont work,&#8221; she wrote on her MySpace page, which was adorned with skulls and crossbones and backed by the thumping music of Rob Zombie&#8217;s song &#8220;Living Dead Girl.&#8221;
The relationship moved from the virtual to Giru, when Elisa went to visit in 2008.
In Giru, the Bakers&#8217; friend Kim Wright thought that Elisa wasn&#8217;t telling the truth about who she was.
She claimed to be a police officer shot in the line of duty. She said she was a bounty hunter.
&#8220;She had a lot of stories that never quite rang true,&#8221; Wright said.
They married in July 2008 in the backyard of Adam&#8217;s parent&#8217;s house in Giru, not far from the sugar mill. That November, they moved some 10,000 miles to North Carolina.
Zahra didn&#8217;t want to leave her grandparents and friends, Wright said.
She hugged Zahra and told her she&#8217;d get to go to Disneyland.
But life here in America for Zahra was anything but a happy time.
Her life turned traumatic soon after she arrived. When she asked for a bicycle, stepmother Elisa Baker exacted a heavy price.

much more at link....

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...84/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

no words... no words at all..... I am seriously speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member