NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
The owner of the Baker home in Hickory is evicting Adam Baker, the father of the missing 10-year-old, according to WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge.

According to reports, Baker has spent about the last two and a half weeks with relatives. Investigators have ripped out parts of the floor, walls, ceiling, and plumbing during their search for evidence.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

BBM and new video at the right of that page.

from KSCmom...............

WOW!! Don't know if this has been reported but there are protesters outside the Baker Home and I just heard a clip of it on commercial. This one lady was screaming something and then she said, "you ought to be hung." It showed Adam Baker throwing a suitcase in the back of a truck. This is going to be on Channel 9 at 5.
tensions high today
neighbors stood outside yelling
neighbors told dave f. he should still be behind bars
they saw adam baker come outside as he was being evicted out of home
asked about zahra and his attorney said nothing
people gathered at memorial
shouted you out to be in jail, you ought to be hung
he desrves to be locked up, he deserves to be in jail
police have not talked to adam since he left jail
attorney took pictures and was asked about them
dave said searches are continuing search at christie road
three more leads
may not be done with that area
asked if adam was cooperating with police and his attorney would not comment
end of presser

All I typed was taken directly from WSOC-tv at 5pm reported by Dave Faherty.

Thank you teh for doing this - all I could grab quickly was the links.

Odd, to me, is that in the two samples of the letters they show, in one her handwriting slants back to the left, and in the other it slants to the right. I don't know, maybe that isn't abnormal but I have always thought most people's writing always slants the same direction, maybe varying a little but not the exact opposite slant?!

Speaking for myself and being a "lefty", mine goes both ways. lol. But IDK if that's typical of a left handed person. Wonder which she is?

Does anyone know what hand EB writes with. I'm a lefty, and I know my handwriting changes dramatically after I've been writing awhile in pencil. The graphite starts to smudge on the bottom side of my hand after awhile - this always makes me lift my hand up further, and causes a weird slant to my writing. Just throwing that out there... :waitasec:

Her letters do appear to have been written by a left-handed person. Not sure which she uses.

Speaking for myself and being a "lefty", mine goes both ways. lol. But IDK if that's typical of a left handed person. Wonder which she is?

Yes, it's typical. I've graded about a jillion student essays and the writing can change depending on their writing position - this is especially true of left-handers.

I sure hope someone packed up Zahra's clothing etc., that was in the house. I would hate to think no one cared enough to pack up her personal belongings.

Okay, is the content of the letters posted in ful here yet? I have been waiting ten minutes for the aol page to load. I don't think it is my PC. any other page I try to load comes up right away.

Does it match the letters? If you look at both snips from the letters one is written in a backhand manner and the other is written in a forward slant manner.

Just found this curious.

Did someone find an image of the ransom note? If so, please link me up. please and thanks.

Okay, is the content of the letters posted in ful here yet? I have been waiting ten minutes for the aol page to load. I don't think it is my PC. any other page I try to load comes up right away.

There were only two snippets of the letters - not entire ones.

It might be that the website initiated contact, since that is Eric Gein's usual method (contacting killers). He might have then gotten a good deal with AOL (rather than local media), in terms of payment.

JMO

ETA: Yes, in the article it states: "Gein told AOL News that he wrote to Baker in the Hickory, N.C., jail shortly after her arrest."

I just would find it hard to believe that the jail would allow any mail to go out or in without looking it over ( i know they do it for the prisons), especially if LE already knows everything, why would they just let her write and recieve letters without looking into what is being said? and if they did read them and allowed them to have information leaked then something is seriously messed up

Seems that way:

"Gein told AOL News that he wrote to Baker in the Hickory, N.C., jail shortly after her arrest. He said he has received two very telling letters from her. He shared copies of both with AOL News"

and

"Hickory Deputy Chief of Police Clyde Deal acknowledged that the letters likely were written by Elisa Baker."

I'm thinking, perhaps, since Gein isn't local to the case, it's not unreasonable that he'd persue a more national medial outlet. Perhaps he's struck deals with AOL before - this seems like a pretty common past time for him

Just dont see it happening, especially since they have not charged anyone in her murder, if charges had been layed and those responsible were in jail and this came out then i could say ya it can happen but NOT before hand, LE is not gonna allow a possible suspect give vital information to someone espeically a site like that..

Nope cant see it happening

Edit- just my opinion and that can always be wrong :p

My opinion is that the letters are from her, based on several things:

1) Eric Gein's normal method is to contact killers and correspond with them, and he says he did that in this case.

2) Eric Gein would be concerned about his reputation for having a collection of legitimate killer-related memorabilia, so would not sell a forged letter to the media.

3) Presumably he could also be in legal trouble if he were to sell a forged letter, representing it as legitimate.

4) "Hickory Deputy Chief of Police Clyde Deal acknowledged that the letters likely were written by Elisa Baker." And he said the content was like what she was saying to other people.

All just my own opinion.

Yes. I do believe these letters are written by EB.
The article states that Eric Gein contacted her.
I agree with all the points you've made, Etilema.

I bet EB is really quite proud of herself... being contacted by Mr. Gein and all! In her sick mind, she's a celebrity!:sick:

The owner of the Baker home in Hickory is evicting Adam Baker, the father of the missing 10-year-old, according to WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge.

According to reports, Baker has spent about the last two and a half weeks with relatives. Investigators have ripped out parts of the floor, walls, ceiling, and plumbing during their search for evidence.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

BBM

Not like he could live there anyway. Wonder if he would have felt as if he was living in the state crime lab being as they have so much of the house.

okay thanks elepher! So the snippets is it thus far, I am sure they will drag it out and release a sentence or two at a time over the next few days. Sure hope not tho.

So EB is blaming AB huh. Nobody saw that freight train barelling down the tracks did they? (fascetious)

I just would find it hard to believe that the jail would allow any mail to go out or in without looking it over ( i know they do it for the prisons), especially if LE already knows everything, why would they just let her write and recieve letters without looking into what is being said? and if they did read them and allowed them to have information leaked then something is seriously messed up

Just dont see it happening, especially since they have not charged anyone in her murder, if charges had been layed and those responsible were in jail and this came out then i could say ya it can happen but NOT before hand, LE is not gonna allow a possible suspect give vital information to someone espeically a site like that..

If she sent it to her attorney for him to send it can't be opened.

I agree, cant see them letting that letter go out....

And I can't see her lawyer letting them be out there if she didn't write them. I can however see LE letting them out just to see how AB reacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769