Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

Aaaargh! Sorry, my last posting was in response to bellyup's posting #131. I'm totally new at this, and just got so mad. Apologies...

Ilovecheese welcome to WS! No apologies needed - we hear you.

To respond to a post - for instance bellyup's - click the
box on the bottom right side of post 131.

it will move you into a new screen, make sure the
tags around the original message are left undisturbed and add your reply below (or above).

The message you are quoting will appear in a box in the new message. :)

to be completely fair ... we also do not what if any lies she is telling, no ?

Note ....about her finding zahra when she was so sick. she claims that they had a court order for join custody but the hospital would only release her records to her and not tell her where zahra was. i'm not sure how things work in Oz, but here if you had a court order with joint custody they would certainly release all records to you AND let you see her in the hospital.

I sincerely believe that ED had likely had other options (aside from spending money) to explore had she been searching very hard.

When my ex and I had joint custody some doctors would still refuse to release information to me, or they would go the ex and tell him to tell me despite me showing them court orders. Because they believed the garbage ex was telling them. One I had to file a complaint against with his state licensing board. Then he couldn't cooperate enough.

Zahra's mum may not have had A) the resources I have or B) the ... shall we say... assertive personality... I have, either.

I didn't find it creepy sarx..but it left no doubt that she is Zahra's bio-mum..

I didn't see an uncanny resemblance between Emily and EB other than a physical type, which most people tend to stick with in seeking a mate, but I certainly saw the resemblance between Emily and Zahra. That lil gal was a the spittin image of mum when she was that age I'lll bet.

Whatever went before in the custody dispute between AB and Emily, my heart hurts for Emily. I cannot imagine living the rest of my life with the "woulda, shouda couldas" that this poor woman will.

I wish more than anything that Zahra and her mum could have connected a month, a year sooner. How very diferent things might be today.

So very sad. IMO Emily is telling her truth. It may not jibe with KB and AB's truth, but I have no doubt tha tEMily wholeheartedly believes every word she is saying.

She does look a bit like step mom but not at first and when you see our little baby all pink and new nothing else matters. Our girl was murdered and she is what is important. Can you imagine the guilt her Mom has to carry for the rest of her life? My prayers and every good thing you can think goes to her Mom and all of you who to us this little girl is our little girl.

I didn't see an uncanny resemblance between Emily and EB other than a physical type, which most people tend to stick with in seeking a mate, but I certainly saw the resemblance between Emily and Zahra. That lil gal was a the spittin image of mum when she was that age I'lll bet.

Wasn't she though? There was so much about Emily that told me what Zahra would most likely look like had she been allowed to grow older..:furious:

Whatever went before in the custody dispute between AB and Emily, my heart hurts for Emily. I cannot imagine living the rest of my life with the
"woulda, shouda couldas" that this poor woman will.

We have no way of knowing the 'truth' as far as the custody dispute between AB and Emily..and even if we did..if Emily for whatever reason thought that she was unable to care for Zahra @ that time and for a few years following (have NO idea if that's the case, just sayin) then she did what I would expect/hope someone to do. I'm certain that she never imagined the outcome of AB having custody..and you're right..the what if's will haunt her the rest of her days..

I wish more than anything that Zahra and her mum could have connected a month, a year sooner. How very diferent things might be today.

Me too, but having said that..I'm still wondering if she had made contact w/KB or AB in the 3 days leading up to Zahra's disappearance, if that could have been a catalyst for whatever happened...If that turns out to be the case then while certainly not any fault of Emily's, it will surely make that 'what if' list even more painful..

So very sad. IMO Emily is telling her truth. It may not jibe with KB and AB's truth, but I have no doubt tha tEMily wholeheartedly believes every word she is saying.

Well Said tlcox! :clap::clap::clap:

My response in light blue..and you are right..this case has to be one of the most heartbreaking, sad and EVIL cases I have ever followed...not that one murdered child :( is any less tragic than another of course..just that Zahra seemed to have very little joy and so much pain in her entire 10 years on earth...yet in just about every picture that we've seen and every story we have heard..she always had a smile on her face..

Did anyone besides me see an uncanny resemblance between biomum and EB? Eerily creepy for me.

Ohhh..I misread your post sarx! I thought you said a creepy resemblance between Zahra and bio-mum when I quoted you earlier! Between EB & bio-mum, I do see the body type and dark hair as somewhat similar..so sorry about that! I was so stunned at the resemblance between she & Zahra, I don't think I paid much attention to the other..

eta~EB has such an EVIL look in her eyes, I hope I never see that again..anywhere!

No worries. The bone structure, the hair, the eyes. It was just weird. Neither here nor there though, just caught me off guard. When the video popped up this morning and it was a freeze frame of Emily I actually thought it was EB and they were starting with her or something til I watched the video.

Aaaargh! Sorry, my last posting was in response to bellyup's posting #131. I'm totally new at this, and just got so mad. Apologies...

I just wanted to welcome you to Websleuths. Your name caught my eye and I can really appreciate it. To me, cheese is the most perfect food, LOL. I love cheese...............too. Welcome.

Did anyone besides me see an uncanny resemblance between biomum and EB? Eerily creepy for me.
For this to even BE compared makes me sick.
I dislike even seeing it in print. It is disrespectful
to the 'Mum' Emily, in my oponion.

No disprespect meant at at all, more of a thought provoking wondering kind of thing about him.

Emily's interview confirmed my suspicions after reading some of her posts on HM. I didn't think I could be any more disgusted with AB - and yet, this case keeps proving that there are always new lows to sink to.

I'm furious and disgusted with all of the players in this case, save Emily. ALL of them have failed Zahra - and I'm including her "dear" grandmother in this! :furious:

Dear god, this was a child - not a pawn, not a prop or a toy, and not something to be thrown away like a piece of trash!

Zahra's biological mother speaks out to Australia
The biological mother of an Australian girl who was reported missing from her home in North Carolina nearly a month ago said through tears Friday that she believes her daughter is dead.
Emily Dietrich, whose 10-year-old daughter Zahra Baker was living in Hickory, N.C., with her father and stepmother, said she has little hope she will ever see Zahra alive again.
More... Video included...

First glimpse into Zahra's house;clothes in closet but holes in wall, foor
Zahra Baker has been missing since Oct. 9, but when WBTV toured her home in Hickory on Friday, the 10-year-old girl's clothes were still hanging in her closet and a Candyland game was on the top shelf.
Those might be the only two normal things in the house her family has since been evicted from.
Elsewhere, the house is a mess: walls have been punched through, entire sinks are missing and there are holes through the floor and ceiling. Outside, in the front yard, a small shrine to Zahra continues to grow.
More... Video included...

A look inside Zahra's home
-- For the first time, Eyewitness News went inside of Zahra Baker’s Hickory home.
• SLIDESHOW: A Look Inside Zahra's Home

• VIDEO: A Look Inside Zahra's Home

There are holes in walls, ceilings and floors after an extensive, multiple-day search done by investigators. There is a large hole in the floor of Zahra’s bedroom, which is painted bright pink, and part of the drywall has been ripped away, exposing wooden beams.
The kitchen, living room and bathroom have similar damage. Some furniture, decorative items and household items remain in the home, located on 21st Avenue NW.
More...

I know my little Zahra is gone, says her Australian mother
From her home in country NSW, Ms Dietrich has told how she has spent the past decade searching for the pretty 10-year-old, whose battle against bone cancer has been a beacon of hope to other sufferers.
Just days before Zahra's disappearance, Ms Dietrich had traced her daughter to the small US township in which she lived. Agonisingly, she was not able to make contact with Zahra or her father, Adam Baker.
More...

AB and Zarah's grandmother walked out of the house in Hickory on eviction day with just one suitcase. Probably clothes for AB. They left behind not only a huge mess for the landlord to clean but a closet full of Zahra's clothes and a few of her belongings (including a picture possibly painted by Z).

So I am wondering if it's possible to get those things sent to Emily. The family here may not appreciate them but I think she would. She seemed to really treasure the few items shown in the video of her interview. I can only imagine how wonderful for her to have Z's clothes to hold and smell. And have a painting she possibly painted, if that's what it is. I think she deserves it. I fear what will happen to them otherwise.

AB and Zarah's grandmother walked out of the house in Hickory on eviction day with just one suitcase. Probably clothes for AB. They left behind not only a huge mess for the landlord to clean but a closet full of Zahra's clothes and a few of her belongings (including a picture possibly painted by Z).

So I am wondering if it's possible to get those things sent to Emily. The family here may not appreciate them but I think she would. She seemed to really treasure the few items shown in the video of her interview. I can only imagine how wonderful for her to have Z's clothes to hold and smell. And have a painting she possibly painted, if that's what it is. I think she deserves it. I fear what will happen to them otherwise.

Since this is an eviction and the items were left behind, it probably would be up to the homeowner as to how he disposes of them. MOO

Since this is an eviction and the items were left behind, it probably would be up to the homeowner as to how he disposes of them. MOO

Good point Panthera, I wonder if he would be willing to send them though. If someone else paid the shipping costs of course. Poor guy has had enough to deal with.

Good point Panthera, I wonder if he would be willing to send them though. If someone else paid the shipping costs of course. Poor guy has had enough to deal with.

If she were to make an appeal to him, he may find it in his heart to send them to her. I'm sure also there are good people in the area who would even help with the shipping costs for Zahra's mother to have what she can of her daughter. :( MOO

I will say that I found Emily very sincere. The body language and the sincere tears. I study alot of body language, I am no expert but there is REAL difference in her horrible pain as she breaks down and cries vs AB sudden outburst of tears in mid sentence at news press in the start of this.. that very moment it sealed my suspicion of AB.

IMO he isolated little Zhara. The isolation from a parent is normally done for 2 reasons, controll and fear of the child revealing sexual abuse. Zarah as she aged was becoming more able to resist and tell others (her bio mom) This is my theory. I have researched molestors and he seems to fit the mold.

AB probally did abuse EB, however no woman would be abused to the point that they would participate in the murder or dismemberment of a child.

I really hope that Emily can have whatever remains be transported to her and a burial or memorial with Zarah with her mother in Australia.

If she were to make an appeal to him, he may find it in his heart to send them to her. I'm sure also there are good people in the area who would even help with the shipping costs for Zahra's mother to have what she can of her daughter. :( MOO

I know I'd be willing to donate money for that. Poor thing - this case breaks my heart.

Let's have a look at Zahra's biological parents for a minute or two. Watch the video of Emily and then watch a video (pick a video, any video) of AB.

IMO AB does not show one shred of sincere emotion about the loss of his daughter. He looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights, he is scared! And IMO he is only scared that he's going to be locked up for passing bad cheques etc. not about his missing daughter and the implications surrounding that. He had Zahra in his life for 10 years. He watched her grow, fight cancer and develop into the beautiful little girl she was. He has a wealth of memories of Z, yet he doesn't show one ounce of true emotion for her.

Back to the video of Emily. IMO she shows real emotion and for me personally it is heartbreaking to watch. Emily didn't have Z in her life for 10 years and doesn't have those same memories that AB is privileged to have. Irrespective of what Emily did and how she did it in the past, she shows the love and heartbreak of losing her daughter. Can't say the same for AB.

Need a box of tissues after watching the biomom video. Between her heartache and seeing Zahra's clothes left behind in her closet: jeez the depression is knocking at my door, right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back