2010.12.28 Defense Motion re: Heart Sticker

Yes, I've always thought so also. A "Kiss Goodbye" to both Caylee and that life with her.

Ugh. I can barely stand thinking about that. When this case broke, my daughter was 7 months old. She just turned 3... makes it hit home in a different way now. Poor Caylee, what she endured breaks my heart. Just the fact that she died and her family did not respond in any normal way was enough. The duct tape was sickening, but the heart sticker?? That just takes it an extra step IMO, to basically taunt your victim while killing her. Ugh ugh ugh. No wonder they want to exclude it; it is one more piece of the puzzle that showcases KC's psychological workings, which are obviously far removed from normal.

I think the motion to preclude the phantom heart sticker is in response to the request to sanction the defense, they seem to have this "last one to have a motion granted is the winner" theory, no matter how inconsequential it may be.
This motion will likely be granted, I think the prosecutor will answer it by saying, "we weren't going to use it anyway" thus deflating any effect it might have had. They have far more damning evidence than this, so much in fact I doubt they have the time to showcase the minor aspects of the case.

The duct tape statement is much more disturbing to me because they have to call into question everyone who says it was wrapped around Caylee's skull, thus insinuating a massive conspiracy, including the coroner.
By saying the duct tape was not in contact with the body one wonders how they are going to float that particular boat....

ITA, on both the "we weren't going to use it anyway" and this weird insiniuation of a mass conspiracy. They just make themselves look dumber and dumber with each statement. Did they really think no one would notice that wording? Even if in some alternate reality, KC was innocent, minimizing the tragedy would do nothing to help her case.

A question - I read that they also want to exclude Casey's reaction to the discovery of Caylee. Was that announced at the same time as the motion to exclude the sticker? And are they serious?? Is this going to continue with every piece of evidence? No 911 calls, no sticker, no reaction...

I have an idea, JB - how about a motion to exclude ALL the evidence that shows the jury that your client not only killed her daughter, but in cold blood with no remorse? That'd make your job so much easier. Maybe instead the trial can just be spent floating more baseless theories about Zanny and Jay Blanchard Park and Puerto Rico. It'd work great for the Anthonys - exclude anything from the situation that might reveal the truth so that they can bury their heads deeper in their web of lies.

MOO

Just read this motion and it left me with a question. The memorandum refers to the deposition of Ms Fontaine (FBI analyst) and also mentions a search warrant and a report authored by Yuri Melich. The documents concerning Melich are attached to the motion as exhibit 1 and 2, but the deposition isn't there. Shouldn't that depo - or the pages mentioned in the motion - be attached as exhibit 3?

And last but certainly not least, a BIG thanks to Muzikman for getting these files. Much appreciated!

I can't wait until JP puts Baez back in his cracker jack box and kicks him into the ocean.

Her tiny skeletal remains...what a disgrace to Caylee Marie.

Duct tape was found ON CAYLEE"S FACE (and one piece next to her), poor child eaten by scavengers, scattered in this huge field and Baez trying to minimize what the victim endured. As always the defense tries to place blame on the victim, turning and misconstuing words/evidence. They have no defense so they have to attack the evidence but to lie about it seems so egregious and takes away from a precious two year old who's life was snuffed out by a so called momster who wanted life without a child in tow. ICA had many options if she didn't want to be a parent, one option was NOT MURDER...and I do hope the jury will see this case for what it is, FILICIDE, premediated, researched for months, even years. For this fictious nanny came into play when the Grunds would not babysit Caylee any longer....JMHO

Justice for Caylee
Wasn't there also duct tape found near the body (in addition to that which was found ON the body)? Why do I remember that there was speculation about where it could have been originally placed?

Just read this motion and it left me with a question. The memorandum refers to the deposition of Ms Fontaine (FBI analyst) and also mentions a search warrant and a report authored by Yuri Melich. The documents concerning Melich are attached to the motion as exhibit 1 and 2, but the deposition isn't there. Shouldn't that depo - or the pages mentioned in the motion - be attached as exhibit 3?

And last but certainly not least, a BIG thanks to Muzikman for getting these files. Much appreciated!
...also...and sorry for being OT...but there was a lot mentioned about Casey and her computer activity AFTER she was released. Have we seen that info? I only remember her correspondence with the little girl.

Wasn't there also duct tape found near the body (in addition to that which was found ON the body)? Why do I remember that there was speculation about where it could have been originally placed?

Yes, RR, I recall...JA stated during the DP hearing for keeping it as one of ICA's charges, JA speculated it was binding her hands. Three pieces were placed on Caylee airways, while one piece of duct tape was binding her hands. JMHO

Justice for Caylee

And it's for sale to the highest bidder. Nothing like blood money to complete happiness.:sick:

imo jmho moo etc....

I think Cindy's counting on a nice payday, since she's been seen in court with a tv producer. If that isn't the most disgusting thing ever I don't know what is.

I agree that allowing the heart shape seen on the tape or not doesnt really matter to the case. that wasnt what pushed me over to the edge for guilty anyways, KWIM? also agree with AZlawyer that the pink heart found on cardboard at the scene is actually unrelated.

yet at the same time I find it staggering that Baez et al would ever state something like the heart shape was NEVER there, maybe it was or maybe it wasnt, but as Miss Client "is innocent", then how would they profess to know what the "real killer" did or did not do?

they are making terrible mistakes in not showing caylee sympathy at all times, they act like the remains were a troublesome find....which is not what a grieving mother of a murdered child would consider, eh?

Agree, agree, agree! They claim soddi -- so, why would they try to disagree with evidence found? They threw out "Zanny had a key", so why wouldn't they say, "If the sticker was there, whoever killed her must've taken it from the house - along with the duct tape, blanket, laundry hamper . . ."

But, instead of acting like kc truly is innocent, they only try to discredit obvious and credible evidence and LE officers. And, on top of it, they never show kc's grief or sadness for "what someone has done to her daughter". How can they not realize that their way of screaming her innocence is only making her guilt more obvious and potential jurors disgusted?!? If we'd ever heard EVEN ONCE one of them say "Please find who did this to Caylee and bring them to justice", it might be a little different.

There is something really, truly wrong with her defense team and that makes me nervous.

I think the motion to preclude the phantom heart sticker is in response to the request to sanction the defense, they seem to have this "last one to have a motion granted is the winner" theory, no matter how inconsequential it may be.
This motion will likely be granted, I think the prosecutor will answer it by saying, "we weren't going to use it anyway" thus deflating any effect it might have had. They have far more damning evidence than this, so much in fact I doubt they have the time to showcase the minor aspects of the case.

The duct tape statement is much more disturbing to me because they have to call into question everyone who says it was wrapped around Caylee's skull, thus insinuating a massive conspiracy, including the coroner.
By saying the duct tape was not in contact with the body one wonders how they are going to float that particular boat....

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that JB and crew spend a lot of time sticking their tongues out at the State's Attorney's? Nah-na-nah-na-nah-na... In addition to crying; "No fair!!" to the evidence/discovery. I wonder if there is a wall in JB's office, papered with discovery - where they practice shooting darts, to decide what they are going to try and have thrown out next - because I surely can't see rhyme or reason to what they are doing!

I want to slap them upside the head and tell them to "Get a clue!" There's no conspiracy! No one had to manufacture evidence against their girl, she did a fabulous job all on her own!

For gosh sake, Caylee was toted in bags, taken from her home! She was covered in duct tape, taken from her home. She had clothing and a blanket, from her home - She was transported in a vehicle that was parked at her home - She was found right down the street, from her home!

That floating boat is actually a sunk ship, capsized by their own words and actions.

I can't help but think that the motion to preclude the heart shaped sticker is in response to the thread about it getting bumped here. I mean we now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the defense goes through here pretty thoroughly. They as much as said so in their most recent filings.

I can't help but think that the motion to preclude the heart shaped sticker is in response to the thread about it getting bumped here. I mean we now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the defense goes through here pretty thoroughly. They as much as said so in their most recent filings.
:crazy:If that is the case, then they must be cruising right over all the comments about "proof read your motions" JB PRIOR to submitting them to the court.

We welcome everyone. :seeya: However, I regret to inform them that we have not been able to locate Zanny. Maybe PI Lyons will be able to do what we have not.

But with all the hearts KC had on everything, I mean everything, plus drawings she has made wouldn't the heart-shaped sticker found near the remains be significant since it matches stickers from the home. I can't imagine everyone in that local area would have those stickers in their home.

But with all the hearts KC had on everything, I mean everything, plus drawings she has made wouldn't the heart-shaped sticker found near the remains be significant since it matches stickers from the home. I can't imagine everyone in that local area would have those stickers in their home.

LambChop, my grandbabies don't even live in the same state that I do but I am sure I can find several heart shaped stickers amongst the stuff I keep for them back in the guest room. I think it might be pretty common. (And even though I should be, I'm not a scrapbooker person.)

LambChop, my grandbabies don't even live in the same state that I do but I am sure I can find several heart shaped stickers amongst the stuff I keep for them back in the guest room. I think it might be pretty common. (And even though I should be, I'm not a scrapbooker person.)

Right, but how many people in that specific area do you think have those exact stickers in their home? They may have stickers and some may be hearts but the exact one's from the home. Slim to none. And it being so to the remains? To me, that would be significant whether you could prove it was on the duct tape or not. It's similar to what was found in the home, same as the blanket, same as the laundry basket, same as the clothes. If you put everything together, too, too much of a coincidence, too many things from the home. jmo

I agree that allowing the heart shape seen on the tape or not doesnt really matter to the case. that wasnt what pushed me over to the edge for guilty anyways, KWIM? also agree with AZlawyer that the pink heart found on cardboard at the scene is actually unrelated.

yet at the same time I find it staggering that Baez et al would ever state something like the heart shape was NEVER there, maybe it was or maybe it wasnt, but as Miss Client "is innocent", then how would they profess to know what the "real killer" did or did not do?

they are making terrible mistakes in not showing caylee sympathy at all times, they act like the remains were a troublesome find....which is not what a grieving mother of a murdered child would consider, eh?

Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Coincidence? I think not!:(

We welcome everyone. :seeya: However, I regret to inform them that we have not been able to locate Zanny. Maybe PI Lyons will be able to do what we have not.
This is funny!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861
Back