GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sky's early look at tomorrow's front pages, we find, so far,

* Jo Murder: I'll Stand by My Love / Suspect's girlfriend insists he is innocent (Daily Star)

* Jo's Murder Suspect: Cops Spoke to Girlfriend Before Arrest (Daily Mirror)

* Joanna: DNA Is Vital Clue (Daily Express)

and, in a much smaller, non-splashy, manner,

* Joanna: Suspect had split with lover (Daily Mail)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...aper_Front_Pages_On_Saturday_January_22,_2011

They arrested Jefferies for the fact someone rumoured him to have made a vague comment, and the fact he had a key. If they arrest people for murder on such triviality, then I wouldn't hold out much hope they have any significant evidence at all. It all looks very bad should NUA be released doesn't it?

I don't know what to think. From the statement the police made when they arrested him it sounded like this was it. But the longer they keep him for questioning without charging him it looks less and less likely that they have anything solid against him. In fact, they can't have anything solid against him at this stage or else he would've been charged. It could be that they are waiting on DNA results before they charge him, who knows. Time will tell!

Hi everyone,

Another newbie here. I've been following this forum as a guest for weeks and, fed up to the back teeth with nastyness on another forum, decided to take the plunge and join you all on here tonight :) . Some brilliant sleuthing on here btw.

I dont know about you, but I do feel if the police havent managed to charge UAM by tomorrow evening, I have a strong feeling that they will have a major problem with this case.

If they are waiting for DNA reports to return, they could have bailed this person, but of course we dont know.

I am sorry to say this especially for Mr & Mrs Yeates but I have strong feeling this one still has legs.

I hope I am wrong and that they have the right person.

The thing that worries me, IF they haven't got enough on NUA and have to let him go, (cant see them going for the 4th option and letting him go without charge/too embarressing for them) .... where does that leave the case? they will have to have this 'review' and the pressure on them is going to be immense.... I just hope they dont go for a 'fall guy'...

Just a thought so many people take pictures today, with the handy pocket digital camera its so easy. I wonder if anyone has a picture who was at that party of someone outside who was partying or a scene in the street. It could be revealing

I know its a long shot but I take my camera everywhere.

Hi everyone,

Another newbie here. I've been following this forum as a guest for weeks and, fed up to the back teeth with nastyness on another forum, decided to take the plunge and join you all on here tonight :) . Some brilliant sleuthing on here btw.

Welcome to WebSleuths, goldielox. The vast majority of posters here are interested in sleuthing and not nastiness.

I suppose this will seem to come out of left field but JY does look quite a lot like Claudia Lawrence. If the MAU is innocent is it possible that it is a serial Killer?
I can find a sort of connection to York but it is loose. There is a woman who lives at the same house as JY and MAU who shows on EL for 2010. The previous address that pops up is York 2003. She appears to have a lot of Uni contacts in Bristol so maybe she works at universities and used to work at York uni. Claudia Lawrence worked at York uni.

Maybe she sourced a job for an ex-colleague from York? maybe an old colleague came to visit?

Just thought I'd throw it in there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...costs-a-small-fortune-to-run-115875-22838073/

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE53F4HI20090417

Hi happyanne

I'm glad you raised Claudia Lawrence as I know a loon who worked at York Uni at the time who then moved to another Uni not far from Bristol. Other than knowing this guy is a headcase and has worked/lived at both places I've no reason to suspect him...but I can't help thinking and wondering all the same.

I can't help but wonder if the trigger to the arrest was something to do with the suitcase/large holdall that was referred to in the media the day before (I think) the arrest. I was checking the newspaper updates just before midnight and Sky always show the next days headlines, however they often do not splash their lead story until the early hours of the morning so as not to get scooped by the other newspapers and the later print editions run with the 'true' headlines. IIRC another ran with a story about new DNA evidence but had that not already been reported by then ?

I recall one paper mentioning an important breakthrough, and a couple of the others running with a story that police thought a suitcase/holdall had been used to move JY's body. Then in the morning it was reported that they had arrested VT.

All this was within the space of 12 hours, and the day after the new appeal by JY's family.

Sorry none of this is very clear, my thoughts and words are rambling ! I think the timeline was appeal/suitcase/new DNA/breakthrough reported/arrest. Please correct me if I have mixed this up but a lot was reported fairly quickly.

An addendum to Sky's latest headlines (link above):

* Weeping girl tipped off Jo cops (The Sun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500