State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
None ... except that married couples, especially passive aggressive ones, do things that make no sense to outsiders. The neighborhood women believed they understood Nancy's marriage, but I doubt they did. Nancy and Brad were up and down. One day they're agreeing that Nancy should borrow money to pay a lawyer because they're selling the house, the next day they're getting Nancy a green card and staying in the house. Did Nancy habitually leave her necklace in the desk because after 10 years of marriage that's where she always left it when she went for a run, or was that the first time it was there? Who knows.

1. Nancy only owned that necklace since late 2007.

2. Testimony from HP in the custody hearing is that Nancy was never seen without her necklace.

3. Nancy's mother confirmed that Nancy didn't take off that necklace once during their vacation prior to her death. She slept, showered, swam, and exercised in that necklace.

4. Pictures that people like to point to showing Nancy without a necklace were taken before she owned the necklace. She only had it for the 7 or 8 months prior to being murdered.

5. Nancy did NOT put her necklace in Brad's desk. Testimony will establish that fact in this trial, just like testimony established her always wearing the necklace in the Oct '08 hearing.

2. Testimony from HP in the custody hearing is that Nancy was never seen without her necklace.

3. Nancy's mother confirmed that Nancy didn't take off that necklace once during their vacation prior to her death. She slept, showered, swam, and exercised in that necklace.

4. Pictures that people like to point to showing Nancy without a necklace were taken before she owned the necklace. She only had it for the 7 or 8 months prior to being murdered.

5. Nancy did NOT put her necklace in Brad's desk. Testimony will establish that fact in this trial, just like testimony established her always wearing the necklace in the Oct '08 hearing.

Makes me think of eye glasses. Ever known someone to wear them then either not have them on or get contacts/surgery and realize you never realized they wore glasses?

Parallel = seems if she didn't have it on it would more likely be noted.

Just catching up on testimony and WS discussion...

I think Cummings was better today, except for some time lapses between series of questions. And I agree with SGal that Zellinger is top-notch. It seems to me the ADA's scored a few points. I am still bothered by the van w/no lights and the Fruit of the Loom torn tank top, although I can't envision NC wearing FOTL brand anything and a tank top is not a tee shirt...

Now for the question (obviously I am jumping wa-a-a-ay ahead here
icon10.gif
.....)

Is a Life Without Parole sentence truly what it says in NC -- certainly barring appeals, malfeasance, bad evidence evaluations and pardons, etc., etc.? I have heard that it definitely is, but I'd like to know fer shure. TIA.

Cummings needs to bring in a manikin and demonstrate that to the jury.
Seeing is believing.

Aaaaah. I didn't consider a manikin! I was kinda wondering about your "demonstration"! lol

Was the dumpster @ Harris Teeter ever searched for evidence?

Was the ditch dragged @ site of NC's remains for running shoes, shorts, top?

Catching up on the thread...defense wouldn't like me on the jury. All the post, interesting, yet I am surprised, as the things that stayed with me from the testimony was the video of the crime scene and the mother's heartbreaking testimony. She was so credible to me....her gut feelings mixed with her often rambling memories of Nancy. As I go to sleep tonight...I think of the sad state Nancy was in, not working with young children, a husband that cheated in their marriage, controlled her income....she must have felt that she was trapped in an angry divorce. Recipe for murder.

I believe she cheated before he did. Also, she completely cut him off sexually after the birth of their first child with the exception of trying to conceive the second child. I have never cheated on anyone...but if my wife cut me off sexually...unless there were medical reasons for her to do so....I most likely would eventually divorce her or cheat on her. I would not spend the rest of my life as an asexual person because my wife no longer wanted to have sex with me.

Yeah, that was creepy. (Referencing the forensic site link that is clearly made by a jokester or a really bad dude)

Just throwing this out there because it seems everyone has differing opinions.

I'm thinking if he really were a socio-path, he probably would have gotten away with this. One of the key traits is the blending thing. He would have done the opposite of Brad Cooper in nearly every situation. (He would have acknowledged her parents and their daughter being missing and said ALL of the right things and done ALL of the media rounds,etc.) Isn't that the whole point of someone being a sociopath? They are really THAT good at feigning human emotion?

I personally think I have only come into intimate contact with one. But, I can tell you now, if this were her....she would have had it locked (not to say she couldn't screw anything up) much tighter than all these inconsistencies.

Is there any chance that we are just seeing the delayed responses of grief by a second degree murderer/passion crime dude?

On a secondary note....electrical wire....hadn't thought of that one til I saw it in the photos. Now, THAT would be an excellent piece of evidence for me. What about ya'll? Maybe the cut on his finger was gone when they went to take more photos...but maybe we got some skin and blood on that there piece of electrical wire...if not, that could be a piece of evidence that set the whole state's case up on the wrong side, no?

I know.

No sympathy, no empathy and one self-centered s,o.b. Some have said that he was very smart but I say book smart only. He's slipped up here somewhere.
If he does get off, there's no doubt in my mind he will try and get his children back for one reason. To rip them away from Nancy's family because from what I've read, he's also vindictive and selfish. He will give no consideration to the fact that they're better off with Nancy's sister and their grandparents.

Or maybe he would try to get them back because they are his freaking children. Again, he could have done like Jason Young and not fought to retain custody of them.

The defense has indicated there are pictures. The defense has not put on their case. We'll have to see about this one.

And there is no way you can claim #5 with certainty.

And again, how are you establishing this is "Brad's desk". It looks like the table in the foyer with the drawer where the cell phone was. Where on earth did "Brad's desk" come from?

Regarding the necklace, he could have placed it there and forgot about it. He had a lot going on that morning and was bound to forget a couple of details. I think we can all agree she didn't place it there herself.

Regarding the necklace, he could have placed it there and forgot about it. He had a lot going on that morning and was bound to forget a couple of details. I think we can all agree she didn't place it there herself.

I don't think we can all agree. No matter what, someone disagrees with everything.

I believe she cheated before he did. Also, she completely cut him off sexually after the birth of their first child with the exception of trying to conceive the second child. I have never cheated on anyone...but if my wife cut me off sexually...unless there were medical reasons for her to do so....I most likely would eventually divorce her or cheat on her. I would not spend the rest of my life as an asexual person because my wife no longer wanted to have sex with me.

Saying she cheated before he did is taking for granted she cheated at all. Everything points towards her having NOT cheated but having had feelings only. Now, if you were the wife of this controlling, egotistical, self-involved man, at some point your affection for him might have waned, as well.

The defense has indicated there are pictures. The defense has not put on their case. We'll have to see about this one.

And there is no way you can claim #5 with certainty.

That is true. However this is just another little thing among MANY that the jurors can consider with their common sense.

I have always wondered how he just happened to know there was an undeveloped area way in the back of that subdivison off Fielding. From Holly Springs Road, you would have no idea what was back there. like Scott Peterson checking the tides on his computer, I get the feeling Brad used his computer and Google Earth to find the perfect spot....a secluded area fairly near the home.
If they found such a search in the early hours of Saturday am, I would have what I needed to go along with all the little stuff....Guity as charged.

Saying she cheated before he did is taking for granted she cheated at all. Everything points towards her having NOT cheated but having had feelings only. Now, if you were the wife of this controlling, egotistical, self-involved man, at some point your affection for him might have waned, as well.

What is everything? So you don't believe she cheated now? I thought JP had finally admitted to police that they did.

I have always wondered how he just happened to know there was an undeveloped area way in the back of that subdivison off Fielding. From Holly Springs Road, you would have no idea what was back there. like Scott Peterson checking the tides on his computer, I get the feeling Brad used his computer and Google Earth to find the perfect spot....a secluded area fairly near the home.
If they found such a search in the early hours of Saturday am, I would have what I needed to go along with all the little stuff....Guity as charged.

I wonder if google maps or google earth even showed the development. It's not updated in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member