2011.03.24 Frye Hearing - Morning portion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine how it feels as a dog lover to be on the stand having to defend your dog to a man who obviously knows nothing about how smart they are.

JB trying to insinuate that the certifier "only observed" the test in Feb. 2008? Which Forgey says is exactly what he is supposed to do.

Loved it when cop told JB he was in the wrong place in his training log!!

yeah. nobody's missing anything here. Jose is going after Garris. :(

So Dog handlers need to make extensive records and reports per JB, but ME's doing autopsy's don't.

Casey is glaring at Jose. She definitely seems much more anxious and less confident now than in previous hearings. Does anyone else notice this? (I hope this doesn't qualify for commenting on appearance. This is about conduct of the players not clothing, hair etc. Is it okay?)

Anyone know what a psueoscent is? Because it sounds like it's a "trick" scent for human remains, but the office said he used a pscent from a drowning victim???

:cow:

I think he is saying that it wasn't an actual scent for a cadaver (real life), but a scent recreated to smell like a cadaver? Because immediately following the statement, he said the rest were real cadavers. I could be wrong, and maybe someone who knows about this stuff could jump in?

He was evaluated again on June 2, 2008--JB again hammering on the trainer/certifier only being a witness. Forgey trying to point out the guy was a trainer who was there as a witness who evaluated the dog.

June 2008, why is Baez being so rude. The trainer already said that the trainer evaluated the dog. Why is JP not getting on to Baez about this. The hearing will go on all day at this rate. :banghead:

Casey is glaring at Jose. She definitely seems much more anxious and less confident now than in previous hearings. Does anyone else notice this? (I hope this doesn't qualify for commenting on appearance. This is about conduct of the players not clothing, hair etc. Is it okay?)

I'm pretty sure commenting on her demeanor is just fine.:twocents:

I noticed that too. She also looked a bit panicked in the beginning, but maybe that is just wishful thinking...lol.

put it this way Jose... how many times have you gone to law school?

how many times have you done continuing ed?

sheeeeesh!!!!

Anyone know what a psueoscent is? Because it sounds like it's a "trick" scent for human remains, but the office said he used a pscent from a drowning victim???

:cow:

BBM! :twocents: YEP! It's a handy- dandy chemical creation that mimics the real smell (AND IT DOES!:floorlaugh:). Used to keep the "puppies" on his/her toes (okay, paws!) and is "safer" to utilize than the biological (think: real human "stuff"). The other HUGE DETAIL in using this pseudoscent is that it can be of CONTROLLED concentrations! (THINK: a tiny bit as in a human can smell it, a bit more as in a human can smell it x# of feet away or even LESS that a HUMAN CAN NOT smell it but the doggies SURE CAN!)

AND for the unasked question: YES, drowning victims "give off" the death chemicals.:sick::sick::sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami