TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five days from today? But they didn't say that, did they? Yes, Carla, everything is getting muddled up, especially when psuedo news sources are put up and made to look like legitimate articles.

yeah they report YOU figure it out. Five days from Wedsday was two days ago. Or five days from today is twelve days. But what a dumb statement to print in the fist place.

That is certainly a very similar scenario. I do hope LE has already checked this man out if they even know who he is. The woman from Centerville is a lucky woman.

Well this is very interesting but what did the guy look like? Was he caught?

to little info:waitasec:

That doesn't really work anymore because now they say he thought everything was fine, that she walked into the woods with her Boyfriend, it wasn't until he happened to notice the blood in the garage/carport/whatever that he was suspicious...

Actually, I think it fits quite perfectly, IMO.

I haven't read anything that says the brother thought everything was "fine", just that he assumed it was the boyfriend.

They are now saying that she was being "led away" instead of being "dragged away".

The brother using the phrase "dragged away" instead of "led away" can easily be explained by what NCSleuth said. He didn't mean "dragged away" literally. Maybe he just meant that it didn't seem like she really wanted to go, but was obviously being led because she was apprehensive.

It still fits the situation, and when I thought about it more, I've heard people use the exact expression, and not mean it literally.

When it came to light that it seemed as though "dragged" was meant literally, the clarification was made.

It actually makes perfect sense to me now...

Check this out:

-Tabitha Tuders: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/tabitha-danielle-tuders

Tabitha Tuders was last seen early on the morning of April 29, 2003, at her residence in Nashville, Tennessee. She left the house on her way to board the school bus, but never got on the bus and did not arrive at school. She has not been seen nor heard from since this time.

-Amber Elizabeth Cates: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/amber-elizabeth-cates

Amber Elizabeth Cates was last seen on April 11, 2004, in the Columbia, Tennessee, area. She was on her way to spend her spring break week with a relative, but has not been seen or heard from since the time she disappeared.

- Bethany Leanna Markowski: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/bethany-leanne-markowski

Bethany Markowski was last seen by her father in the parking lot of the Old Hickory Shopping Mall in Jackson, Tennessee, on the afternoon of March 4, 2001. Bethany had gone into the mall alone while her father waited for her in the car. After approximately two hours passed, Bethany's father went into the mall to look for his daughter, but was unable to locate her.

And now Holly Bobo!

Check out their stats: Heighth and weight - Very similar.

All simply vanished - and all near the same route.

(I found these names on a popular rumor site but found the actual articles because it does seem a bit peculiar)

This case is so confusing. You can't trust any of the nnews articles bt to be honoest the LE have even been contradictory. One agency clears boyfriend and brother one doesn't. a car was found a car wasn't. She was dragged she was led she followed.

I think all this ex stuff is bogus. If there was an ex LE would have looked at him first. There has been no real mention of him anywhere in any believable capacity. I suppose because in many cases the ex IS responsible, people just instantly assume if a girl goes missing its the ex. What if there isn't an ex? And if there is one, perhaps they are on good terms. I spent time with one of my ex's last night.

your thinking may be right that there is only one guy. but I just don't know, that is why I am asking for links to any articles.

is there one guy and he is referred to as the boyfriend by some media and the ex-boyfriend by others. This may be if holly and he broke up recently.

or is there the one guy she has been dating recently and also a guy that she broke up with a long time ago as well. (and there could be more than one of these as well).

since we don't use names of the innocents here on ws, EVERY GUY holly has broken it off with is called "THE" ex-boyfriend. and the number of ex-boyfriends could be any number including zero.

Actually, I think it fits quite perfectly, IMO.

I haven't read anything that says the brother thought everything was "fine", just that he assumed it was the boyfriend.

They are now saying that she was being "led away" instead of being "dragged away".

The brother using the phrase "dragged away" instead of "led away" can easily be explained by what NCSleuth said. He didn't mean "dragged away" literally. Maybe he just meant that it didn't seem like she really wanted to go, but was obviously being led because she was apprehensive.

It still fits the situation, and when I thought about it more, I've heard people use the exact expression, and not mean it literally.

When it came to light that it seemed as though "dragged" was meant literally, the clarification was made.

It actually makes perfect sense to me now...

Led away/dragged away, her being apprehensive - Would that not have been cause for alarm? It says he was not alarmed until he noticed the blood and called 911

Led away/dragged away, her being apprehensive - Would that not have been cause for alarm? It says he was not alarmed until he noticed the blood and called 911

I look at it this way now... taking the statements at face value and applying common sense. Also the comments about her being apprehensive or in fear seem to come from LE and not the brother.

Brother glances out the window. Sees his sister walking with a guy into the woods. He has her arm or hand, leading her. He assumes it his sister's b/f and hes leading her for some reason. Maybe shes not wild about it (has to go to school) but its not immediately alarming because he thinks its the b/f. At some point later he walks out to the car port and sees blood. Holly's car is still there and he goes HMMMMMMMMMMMM I saw her go in the woods. was that her b/f? Somethings not right. Maybe he calls mom? But he does call 911. It does make sense.

"Dragged" can have a lot of meaning I guess and without knowing the proper context it could be misinterpreted. If I say, "I was having a blast at the club last nite but she dragged me out of there" that has a much different meaning than, "the suspect dragged the victim into the woods".

your thinking may be right that there is only one guy. but I just don't know, that is why I am asking for links to any articles.

is there one guy and he is referred to as the boyfriend by some media and the ex-boyfriend by others. This may be if holly and he broke up recently.

or is there the one guy she has been dating recently and also a guy that she broke up with a long time ago as well. (and there could be more than one of these as well).

since we don't use names of the innocents here on ws, every guy holly has broken it off with is called "THE" ex-boyfriend.

I believe this is the only source naming an ex-boyfriend. It's not a legitimate news source, it's appearance looks legitimate, but it's not, as raeann just said. That is why I just posted about it.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

I think all this ex stuff is bogus. If there was an ex LE would have looked at him first. There has been no real mention of him anywhere in any believable capacity. I suppose because in many cases the ex IS responsible, people just instantly assume if a girl goes missing its the ex. What if there isn't an ex? And if there is one, perhaps they are on good terms. I spent time with one of my ex's last night.

Im not so sure the ex stuff is bogus? JMO
And we dont know if the now bf maybe became and ex bf tues night LOL

We dont know tiddley squatt lol

the only person that can clear this up is missing!

JMO

I look at it this way now... taking the statements at face value and applying common sense. Also the comments about her being apprehensive or in fear seem to come from LE and not the brother.

Brother glances out the window. Sees his sister walking with a guy into the woods. He has her arm or hand, leading her. He assumes it his sister's b/f and hes leading her for some reason. Maybe shes not wild about it (has to go to school) but its not immediately alarming because he thinks its the b/f. At some point later he walks out to the car port and sees blood. Holly's car is still there and he goes HMMMMMMMMMMMM I saw her go in the woods. was that her b/f? Somethings not right. Maybe he calls mom? But he does call 911. It does make sense.

"Dragged" can have a lot of meaning I guess and without knowing the proper context it could be misinterpreted. If I say, "I was having a blast at the club last nite but she dragged me out of there" that has a much different meaning than, "the suspect dragged the victim into the woods".
I wonder if the brother just glanced and didn't even think twice about it. He just assumed it was the bf and she didn't seem in distress. Looking back now he is second guessing himself and thinking well maybe he did have hold of her. Any way just thoughts,

And here are just my thoughts, at this moment: the brother would probably never in his wildest dreams be prepared for some abductor to show up and grab his sister.

The abductor knew this and planned for it to appear that the boyfriend was with her, to catch the brother off-guard. (JMO)

Im not so sure the ex stuff is bogus? JMO
And we dont know if the now bf maybe became and ex bf tues night LOL

We dont know tiddley squatt lol

the only person that can clear this up is missing!

JMO

True but we do know that anyone close to Holly like a b/f or ex would have been interviewed by LE immediately and would be pretty much under LE observation since that morning. Obviously its not these people who LE think are washing cars, selling tires, missing work, tc. Ya never know of course, but in this case I am thinking its not an ex or supposed ex.

True but we do know that anyone close to Holly like a b/f or ex would have been interviewed by LE immediately and would be pretty much under LE observation since that morning. Obviously its not these people who LE think are washing cars, selling tires, missing work, tc. Ya never know of course, but in this case I am thinking its not an ex or supposed ex.

The poor girl may have never been put in a car!

So they wouldnt be washing anything. JMO

Im not saying its the bf....But she is 20 yrs old and im sure there were BF's before this one.

Its what the bro said I thought it was her BF so they must be the same in stature Yes? but the bf does not look to me to be 200 pounds lol lol
he looks tall next to Holly but she is very small.

Maybe it has taken LE this long going through interviewing the people in the community to figure out that it was indeed a fugitive or unregistered sex offender who had insinuated himself into that environment and hid out in plain sight, undetected, for a long time.

Maybe, maybe not?

There's lots of missing information that LE hasn't revealed, which is what's leading us to speculate and try to fill in the holes.

You keep saying "It says"...what are you referring to?

But, realistically speaking, if he thought it was the boyfriend, why would he need to be alarmed if he thought the boyfriend was trying to show Holly something in the woods (a turkey he just shot), and she was acting apprehensive because she needed to get to school?

That may not have been anything out of the norm. Again, especially since he thought it was the boyfriend. No need for him to be alarmed. We don't even know how long he looked at them. It could have just been a quick glance.

The poor girl may have never been put in a car!

So they wouldnt be washing anything. JMO .

I would assume that with all the searching and not finding her close to the house she had to have been transported at least some distance in a vehicle. Plus the lunch bag was found some distance away implying a vehicle. Again I doubt a simple murder was the intent and to do what the suspect wanted would take some time, so he needed a vehcile to get her from point A to point B and away from the crime scene.

Im not saying its the bf....But she is 20 yrs old and im sure there were BF's before this one.

Its what the bro said I thought it was her BF so they must be the same in stature Yes? but the bf does not look to me to be 200 pounds lol lol
he looks tall next to Holly but she is very small.

That's what I asked earlier. I'll go find my post.

Then I said that maybe the brother could have been drowsy and it didn't really occur to him at that moment that it wasn't the boyfriend.

First time poster. Hope I don't break any rules. Just a comment on the "constant reminders 'in a relationship with...'" This is not a reminder. When you remove your "relationship status" then put it back on, that is when it indicates "in a relationship." From what I know of facebook this means breaking up and then getting back together.

Also, to be "in a relationship with Holly Bobo" *she* would have had to accept that request. A person can say they are "in a relationship" but FB won't attach a name to that unless the named person accepts the request.

I know this from personal experience - I didn't accept the relationship request and boy did I hear about it from the requestor :)

I"Dragged" can have a lot of meaning I guess and without knowing the proper context it could be misinterpreted. If I say, "I was having a blast at the club last nite but she dragged me out of there" that has a much different meaning than, "the suspect dragged the victim into the woods".
Agreed.

I think that's what brought about the clarification on the part of the TBI.

Some people just talk that way. They use certain words or phrases when there are better ways to say things. Not everyone is an excellent communicator.

In the panic of the moment, or realizing that he just saw his sister get abducted, if the brother just talks that way, I can easily see how he would relay to LE that way.

Then, when it gets out, and it's not taken the way he meant it, he clarifies to the TBI and they in turn clarify it publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop