April 29 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Nancy's friend and for her sake and sanity, I hope she isn't either. But I can tell you that if I thought I was being discussed in the same sentence as having murdered my friend or having "framed" the accused, you can bet your sweet behind I'd be reading, taking notes, gathering information, and contacting an attorney. I can't imagine anyone thinks it's a good idea to publicly accuse someone who is not a suspect, never been a suspect, not likely a suspect, and not charged of any impropriety that they do not have direct knowledge of nor evidence of that would hold up strongly in a court of law against a slander case, especially as much as WS has been talked about in this case - televised and watched in two countries at least. I'd be absolutely incensed. But that's just me.

Funny, but you could say the same thing about BC.

Take out the word 'joggers' because really, is someone who sexually assaults a jogger any different from another kind of opportunist?

Real estate agent raped in Cary home

Of note from the article,

"Several who have lived in the neighborhood for only a few weeks said they were concerned that such a violent crime occurred in the area.

"I was actually shocked. It's a pretty quiet, low-key neighborhood," resident Debbie Danner said.

So a rapist walks into a model home and rapes an agent.(not shocking)
Big difference in rape and murder.

I can't believe you didn't see that pendant in otto's photo. It is pretty darned evident!

I saw blurry pixels. But I also saw the video. And I saw the prosecution do nothing to refute it during cross. As of now, the testimony is there is no necklace in that video. You saying there is doesn't change the testimony in court.

It was the "always" and "never" statements that were taken very seriously by police in terms of building a case against Brad. She said that Nancy never removed her necklace, but we have seen video of her on July 11 where she was not wearing the necklace. When the necklace was discovered in the house, police believed that she always wore it, so Brad must have murdered her and removed the necklace. She said that Nancy never ran alone, but we heard testimony from a friend that ran with Nancy and knew Nancy ran alone. The always/never statements were taken as fact, but in the end they were misleading.

Hey... are you to Otto that enhanced the video picture of NC in HT not wearing the necklace?? If so, can you tell me where it is? I missed it. thanks.

I have seen you say a couple of times there was no blood, are you saying her body was completely devoid of blood? I totally missed that is that is the case. BAC can also be tested in the liver I believe, and other organs. He came up with .06 BAC, how do you think he came to that conclusion if she had no blood?

He came up with a .06 in body fluid. There was not enough blood to test. He found two clots that he sent on to the SBI labs. I don't know what they tested.

But you are still listing all the things the "new" friends described about their relationship. The "old" friends tell a different story.

He told NC to open up a bank account so he could deposit money directly into it for her. Which "friend" told this story? Actually, this is not a good example of a "nice" behavior, IMO, as NC needed to open an account, in BC'S opinion, because he took her off the old accounts or opened new leaving her off the accounts. BTW, he didn't tell her he was doing this. Nice????

He picked up her and her friend from the bar and drove them home because they had too much to drink. (that sounds like a good husband/nice person imo)
The gesture may be "nice" but CC was a NEW friend.

There is testimony from this trial about NC contacting BC "K needs milk". It was not uncommon for him to pick things up from the store. He may have done this because NC was out of money and had no way to get any...

He even emailed JA after her husband b-day party to thank her. I just don't believe he was as awful as her "new" friends made him out to be.But...but...I thougt JA was framing him for murder and was a new friend...

And JA, in her initial police report stated that she did know that BC did his own laundry. The "official" story is that he never did laundry. That was another of her many lies that painted a horrible picture of him.BTW, where are the initial police reports? I would like to see those. Doing one's own laundry in a family of 4, is doing 25% of the work. This is really not a cause for celebration, IMO.

When she went to the beach, they spoke on the phone every day, according to the records.Which time at the beach was this? Was it 8/2007 or 6/2008? Obviously a lot changed after 12/2007 when Brad admitted he lied, for almost a year, about his affair with HM.

They had plans with another couple the day she went missing.Perhaps NC felt safer in greater numbers rather than being alone with BC.

There are lots of examples that things were not as bad as a few people (that were proven liars) have said.He may have been okay outside of his marital relationship, but within it, IMO, he was controling and unreachable.

Please see the response in red above.

Take out the word 'joggers' because really, is someone who sexually assaults a jogger any different from another kind of opportunist?

Real estate agent raped in Cary home

Of note from the article,

"Several who have lived in the neighborhood for only a few weeks said they were concerned that such a violent crime occurred in the area.

"I was actually shocked. It's a pretty quiet, low-key neighborhood," resident Debbie Danner said.

I was thinking the same thing. If the field of variables is sufficienty narrowed, then of couse there will be only one instance. If we look at attacks of females in the surrounding area, I think the number of instances will increase significantly.

I saw blurry pixels. But I also saw the video. And I saw the prosecution do nothing to refute it during cross. As of now, the testimony is there is no necklace in that video. You saying there is doesn't change the testimony in court.

Otto's picture did not have blurry pixels. It was a wonderful enlargement (not zooming which does distort) She circled the pendant. You can see the pendant and the "V" of the chain coming up from it.

This will be my final post on this forum. I will also be deleting my account.

I find it unconscionable to suggest and accuse other witnesses of murder. I came here for intelligent, even insightful perspective on the case. Not this gossipy, name-calling witch hunt.

Count me 'very disappointed', and count me out.

FWIW, I have no relation to anyone in this case.

So, just checking, you are perfectly willing to accuse an innocent person of murder, but not a witness? Interesting way to say GBCW.

I find it unconscionable to suggest and accuse other witnesses of murder.

It does stand to reason though, if BC did not kill NC, but someone else she knew is the culprit...given the sheer number of witnesses, there is a good chance they have been a witness.

Actually, as early as 11 am on July 11th.

Thanks. What we know for a fact is that the time of death cannot be narrowed to fit the prosecutor's theory of 12:30 - 6:30 AM.

He came up with a .06 in body fluid. There was not enough blood to test. He found two clots that he sent on to the SBI labs. I don't know what they tested.

As I posted earlier. He found 60ml of alcohol in body fluids that equates to .06 BAC. The testimony is from Day 7 at 37.5 minutes at the WRAL site.

It does stand to reason though, if BC did not kill NC, but someone else she knew is the culprit...given the sheer number of witnesses, there is a good chance they have been a witness.

Good chance?
:laughcry:

Towhee...know what you mean.
Unbelievable some here actually think witnesses in this case are the more likely culprit.
Anyone but Bradley.:banghead:

This concept was not manufactured out of thin air, nor by anyone on this discusion board. It is part of the trial testimony:

"Pearson said he learned from an investigator that the defense might focus on him to try to discredit the prosecution's theory."

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/27/1156207/cooper-trial-exposes-more-tales.html#ixzz1L9quG27B

I can't believe you didn't see that pendant in otto's photo. It is pretty darned evident!

I do not see the necklace, I see tan lines, also the measurements do not match up. Finally, please tell me what difference it makes, does it mean anything at all, if so what?

I do not see the necklace, I see tan lines, also the measurements do not match up. Finally, please tell me what difference it makes, does it mean anything at all, if so what?

That the defense is trying to "fool" people? That defense is trying to imply that witnesses are lying and they are not? That she did "always" wear that necklace?

The measurements do match up. The video camera is not a straight ahead shot like the photograph. Visually raise her shoulders until her chin (where it should be because you can't see that) lines up with her chin in the photo. The pendant in the middle of the circle will be in the same place.

This concept was not manufactured out of thin air, nor by anyone on this discusion board. It is part of the trial testimony:

"Pearson said he learned from an investigator that the defense might focus on him to try to discredit the prosecution's theory."

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/27/1156207/cooper-trial-exposes-more-tales.html#ixzz1L9quG27B

Yes otto, I am well aware of Kurtz's allegation towards JP.
That deserves yet another belly laugh.
:laughcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members