2011.05.12 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kent, there isn't any plan. I've been listening to the legal analysts today oping about this same thing. They all say that Casey is the only one that can take the stand and tell her story and the BIG PROBLEM is that jurors are already going to be aware she is a pathological liar, so they are going to be asking themselves that same question: "Why should I believe she is telling the truth THIS time?"

It boils down to credibility. :floorlaugh:

Casey's credibility vs. George's credibility. :lol:

I completely agree but I sure would like to see SA tear her apart as she attempts to pass this story....

I also still think the claim of sexual or emotional abuse to explain murder (even just in mitigation) is going to blow up in the defense team's face.

Unfortunately, there are MANY people who have endured these abuses from all walks of life, and chances are that some members of the jury may have suffered the same (or know someone who did) and will defensively think "...and they (I) didn't murder anyone!"

I agree, and it may even be an insult to any juror who may have been abused (in any way) themselves. MOO

I COULD be wrong, but didn't it appear they (DT) attempted this and we even saw their visits reflected on jail logs, but then after SA completed depos on the two doctors, DT immediately REMOVED them from witness list?

Right and whatever they said in their depos, the SA immediately halted it and went to the judge, maybe about sealing it or something like that. I haven't checked but didn't the SA then placed them on their witness list.

Can't wait to hear what they have to say but whatever it is, it won't be ICA's story as told by the doctors. Or if it is, the SA will tear them to shreds since there is no way they had time to make any kind of mental assessment of her. They met with her for only what an hour or so.

I just don't see them being able to pull this off as a defense. Maybe to use during the penalty phase to keep her from the death penalty but it better be a heart-string pulling, make all the jurors tear up, kind of story if they are going to save her life.

I have to wonder if they all aren't just phoning it in at this point. Unless they really think that they can sneak some trial by ambush type stuff in under the judges nose, I just don't see it.

If abuse was there the SAs would have found it long before now and we would most likely have seen it in released docs. Don't ya think?

What if George and Cindy were told this is the only way to save ICA? And have agreed to this defense to save their daughter? Just throwing this out there.

I also still think the claim of sexual or emotional abuse to explain murder (even just in mitigation) is going to blow up in the defense team's face.

Unfortunately, there are MANY people who have endured these abuses from all walks of life, and chances are that some members of the jury may have suffered the same (or know someone who did) and will defensively think "...and they (I) didn't murder anyone!"

:tyou: A button wouldn't do.

this is a joke...

if she was sexually abused (((and I do NOT BELIEVE IT FOR A SECOND))) how does this make what she did okay.

she was LOVED by her parents and DOTED ON... if anything they hovered over her to much and didn't teach her to be independent.

this is about Caylee and who killed her

no excuse is acceptable.

many of us here have had to deal with abuse, etc... but did we do this sort of thing? no we did not..

but Casey Anthony did.

So whatever pass she is looking for... well she best look away from me at least. She is a monster and deserves the punishment to fit her crime.

MOOOOOOOOO

You know, just thinking about this and realize that all the defense has to do is ask GA if he molested ICA. He will become angry and of course deny it or refuse to answer the question (because it would insult him) and his anger and denial could appear as guilt to members of the jury.The reasoning to the jury, "no one would admit to be guilty of that in open court, with all the cameras...therefore it could really be true"

From all accounts she duct-taped her daughters mouth shut, attached some dumb azzed glitzy heart-sheped tattoo, put her in a garbage bag and flung her as far as she could. I hope that thte prosecution makes these facts as clear as day. This woman deserves the maximum penalty.

moo

What if George and Cindy were told this is the only way to save ICA? And have agreed to this defense to save their daughter? Just throwing this out there.

That is possible but didn't GA's lawyer just the other day say that if they accused GA of sexual abuse or killing Caylee they were going to sue.

Of course, with this family anything is possible. I don't know if I could do it, allow myself to be accused of sexual, physical, emotion abuse of one of my children or their children to save them from the death penalty. That is a stigma that you can never live down. Even if it is unfounded and you can prove it....once it is said people will always look at you as if it is true.

Wow....that sounded really harsh of me. I really love my kids and their kids but there are just some things that no one ever wants attached to their name and being an abuse of young children is one of those.

If they are going to do this when it is not true, I hope that they plan on moving out of the country after the trial because their name would be mud every where else.

1)why are they threatening a possible lawsuit (is the latest they have heard and they we heard alluded to today just too much for them to handle? I sincerely hope they are paying close attention... this is about the death of Caylee)

2)that is nuts but I could see them doing it

3)defile Caylee to save Casey? If they choose this route I will personally (imhoo) lump them into the same horrid monster category as Casey.. that being said I am sure they are thinking it.. and have from the start..

wow sorry.. I am just sick of this three year wait. I am ready for some justice... (sorry)

help me out here, I know Lee has been excluded as Caylee's father, but not George. I can't find a single MSN that confirms this. And yes, i watched nancy Grace tonight, but just because she said it doesn't make it true.

Oh the real dad, died in a car crash, but there's no other bio-grandparents. Is this going to be Baez's 30 second revelation in his opening (that GA is the father)?

I am starting to lose my mind on this one.

MOO

Mel

What about the little problem of the oath you take as a witness, "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God"....and then that pesky problem of perjury?

help me out here, I know Lee has been excluded as Caylee's father, but not George. I can't find a single MSN that confirms this. And yes, i watched nancy Grace tonight, but just because she said it doesn't make it true.

Oh the real dad, died in a car crash, but there's no other bio-grandparents. Is this going to be Baez's 30 second revelation in his opening (that GA is the father)?

MOO

Mel

If George is the father I will buy you pizza every night for ten years.

You know, just thinking about this and realize that all the defense has to do is ask GA if he molested ICA. He will become angry and of course deny it or refuse to answer the question (because it would insult him) and his anger and denial could appear as guilt to members of the jury.The reasoning to the jury, "no one would admit to be guilty of that in open court, with all the cameras...therefore it could really be true"

Yeah but then the SA would then question him in a calm manner and bring him back down to earth (thinking LDB here...she has a way of staying so calm). They ask the pertinent questions and get the right answers and emotional responses and negate(sp) everything the defense just did.

~Respectfully snipped and BBM ~
I read Andrea Lyon's book when it came out several months ago. In it, she describes the case of a young woman who said she killed her little girl because her parents said they were going to get custody of her. The young woman was so terrified that the child would be subjected to the same horrendous sexual abuse she, herself, had endured at the hands of her father, acquiesced to by her mother, that she killed the child rather than allow that to happen.

This is not directed at you Perelanda - just a jumping off place for me :)

I do not believe ICA was ever molested. But that her mother, CA, would acquiesce to it???? Can you see that happening? Given the personality that CA has shown to us since the beginning, if this were proven true, welllll, I just don't know - I would just fall over.

I can not imagine, in anyway, that CA would go along with this. CA with the perfect family.

I realize that Lyon is probably not talking about the ICA case, but I admit that if her book just came out a few months back, I would certainly wonder what she was talking about!

Salem

MOO

Mel

George cannot be the father:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5440286&postcount=41"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Myth Busters & Facts **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01