2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay - watching LIVE cnn coverage, camera flashed to defense table with ICA (1:40pm pst), and RB was putting her laptop over to the side, and SAW WS's blue headline on her computer.... :great:

:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

:great: :seeya: :great: :seeya: :great:

And if that happens, and she admits that to the media after the trial, KC will get a new trial; is that correct?

Jurors frequently change their minds from their initial vote after continuing deliberations. So I am not sure if it could cause a reversal of a conviction.

HHJP: it will not be a surprise tomorrow to anyone that when we have gone thru 16 and I have 12, it is my intention to bring them in and swear. you have till then to backstrik...

I concur Mr. Mason we will stop on 16. Back to my original questions, I will feed the remaining but you want me to bring them in or go back and talk, I don't care.

CM: you can go back

HHJP: I will bring the court reporter so you know what was said. Court in recess while I speak to the potential jurors.

All rise.

Mr. Mason making a very big deal saying he cannot work until 10 or 11 o'clock tonight - he believes it is over burdensome - he can't/won't do it.

HHJP says when we get to 16, he is bringing the 12 in to swear. Bet there are some shocked faces. I think he is talking about tomorrow or Saturday. Will just keep going on backstrapping - will go until all the strikes are used.

okay - watching LIVE cnn coverage, camera flashed to defense table with ICA (1:40pm pst), and RB was putting her laptop over to the side, and SAW WS's blue headline on her computer.... :great:

Me TOO! Im glad it wasn't just me!!

Do you see what HHJP just did???

THis was poetry in motion....

HHJP stated they would go as long as it takes until they reached 21....less than the 25 waiting.....and CM complained. HHJP allowed CM to determine the acceptable number THUS....wait for it..... THWARTING AN APPEAL ON THESE GROUNDS.

It was simply magical to watch.

Minor hissy fit by CM, he can't stay late into the night, he physically can't take it. Judge gives in, takes CM's number. Well played your Honor.

Oh for what!?!

Good luck with that, G & C....is this coming from the same atty. that put it out there that he could sue JB for coming up with a defense theory that included his clients? Our lawyers here have already established that cannot happen-This lawyer may be a bit like John Morgan in that he does not have criminal experience and should stick to his civil suits, and furthermore maybe get a better understanding of what he can and cannot sue for-or vice versa, maybe he does not grasp civil law too tightly.

Why isn't KC's Court guard stopping the internet and cell phone stuff going on?

I could not agree more with your post. That lady doesn't belong on this jury for many reasons, none of which involve her race. None of us here knew her race and we all came to the same conclusion that she can't grasp the issues that will be presented.

Absolutely agree. I actually like not seeing the jurors so I can concentrate on what they are saying and how they are saying it. My problem with her is the obvious and unmistakeable fact that she profoundly lacks understanding. And in a case with such technical/scientific issues she will be unable to understand.

To take this one step further, suppose she does go along with everyone else and there is a conviction. Wouldn't you as a DT put on your best running shoes and sprint to her front door to interview her? I would. Only need one quote from her that she didn't really understand. Appeal.

I don't post often but of all the things I've seen in this case, this one I think is the most perilous to getting justice served.

After they choose 20, aren't 8 of them drawn at random for alternates? Lawyer, anyone? That is what I believe to be true.

So if juror 1319 makes it through the final round, she could end up being an alternate and not one of the 12 jurors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal