2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering why in the world did they not have DS doing this cross. I mean wasn't that the whole intent of bringing her on after LKB went MIA.

Thought DS looked a little miffed today. At one point JB walked over to her to get some notes and she didn't look at him, just kinda shoved the papers over.

A truer statement has not been made throughout the entire trial....
Dr Vaas to Jose Baez: "I don't think you quite understand what's going on here." :clap:

During Dr. Vass's testimony, IIRC, he said the chloroform had a high evaporation rate and that the high levels achieved "over time". That said, to me, this was used over and over and over. To add to that, I believe he said at some point over the course of 8 hours of testimony, he referred to it as not only chloroform, but "manufactured chloroform". Anyone else catch it?
Yes. This is uncontroverted expert testimony on these issues. It is evidence. Manufactured chloroform was used repeatedly and built up in the tiny body in the trunk over time. When I put that evidence to the real life of what happened, my heart hurts for Caylee. IF ICA didn't want her she could have given her up for adoption.

I was thinking, seeing as Baez rehashed all the same points from the Frye hearings, that in all that time the only new things they found to try and attack Dr Vass on was diving rods and electronic collars on flies.

So far Baez has brought up

Websleuths
Facebook
Wikipedia

Seriously, who in the hell is doing the research for this team and is this the best they've got? Because in that case they've got nothing. It's pretty obvious that Baez is used to trolling around on social media sites - methinks it might be better for him to spend less time doing that and more time looking for case law that might support his position.

A truer statement has not been made throughout the entire trial....
Dr Vaas to Jose Baez: "I don't think you quite understand what's going on here." :clap:

Or JB asking, "Did you hear that from Dr. Vass?"

"I am Dr. Vass"

JB heehaws at his own stupidity.

Classic!

Thought DS looked a little miffed today. At one point JB walked over to her to get some notes and she didn't look at him, just kinda shoved the papers over.

Perhaps JB wanted DS to address some things in a manner that wasn't up to her moral/ethical standards. Not that I would accuse JB of doing anything unethical or immoral. Just tossing that out as a possible hypothetical as to why DS might not have done the cross. :innocent:

Objectively speaking, there were points Baez should have pressed Dr Vass on, but he didn't, which hurt Baez badly, which hurts his client far more. If he really cared about a vigorous defense, he would have passed Dr Vass to Sims. At least she has practical experience, IMO. I have the utmost respect for Dr Vass and his work, but a better lawyer could have done damage control and given Dr Vass' testimony a problem, so to speak.

I'm glad Baez's cross was a fail; he made very little headway and no real dents in JA's direct exam, but I can't help but think Baez's failure is mostly due to his inexperience.

I wonder what the jury must be thinking after Baez's cross.

bbm
I agree..how many times did he go over to the table and she had to give him things to ask?
Has Sims become Baez's new paralegal?

He didn't score anything with me. All I wanted to know on cross was who collected the air sample Dr. Vass analyzed, were they qualified to do so, and what types of conditions might contaminate the air samples.

JB failed to makes any of the answers to those questions clear to me. Touched on a few, barely, went on to pot and munchies, then lost me completely.

from testimony by OCSO Vincent Day 10 (Morning) -

He agreed there were multiple attempts to collect air samples. He did not collect them on the 17 and the 23rd. Dr. Sigmond did it. He observed. Different types of filters were used to collect the air samples. First there was the syringe, then the carbon filters, then in August he received the pump from Dr. Voss - that is the only sample he collected.

He agreed that air would come and go in the trunk and in the garage bay.

He did not test the air in the A's garage, tow yard or near the dumpster at the tow yard.

The 8/29/08 air samples - he took samples of the forensics bay air. It is evidence.

He thinks the tests were conducted to see what was in the air in the different locations, not to compare them, other than to see if the air in the garage made it into the trunk and visa versa. He agreed the forensics bay garage was taken a month later.

He thinks the prior samples were taken due to the odor.

He took an air sample of the trash. He did this on 8/29. He did not test it on 7/16 so he couldn't say if there was a difference. (JB's questions are very confusing!!)

I hope that helps

I was thinking, seeing as Baez rehashed all the same points from the Frye hearings, that in all that time the only new things they found to try and attack Dr Vass on was diving rods and electronic collars on flies.

So far Baez has brought up

Websleuths
Facebook
Wikipedia

Seriously, who in the hell is doing the research for this team and is this the best they've got? Because in that case they've got nothing. It's pretty obvious that Baez is used to trolling around on social media sites - methinks it might be better for him to spend less time doing that and more time looking for case law that might support his position.

Have we exhausted the subject of the wikipedia edits from a florida IP address during the trial lunch hour yet?

This "stone-face" has only been in view since they sat a jury.

In all the hearings it was "Make him stop!", or twitch, pull, groom, twitch or Paralegal Barbie.

Most of these <unusual persons> talking heads have apparently only paid attention to a few select sound bites since July 15, 2008.

Or - they are hoping for the obviously widely dangled and often-promised "Exclusive" ICA interview that Baez is shopping for when this is all over. :loser:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but KC can't make money from this case if found guilty, right? Can Baez? If so, that would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong. No one should be able to make a cent off the death of another person. That includes all the morons selling death memorabilia on Ebay. I find that disgraceful.

I've been thinking: We're ten days away from when dear Caylee was taken from this world. I will be glued to the computer on June 16th. It won't slip the jurors minds to pay close attention to ICA on this anniversary as well.

I hope the SA is able to work this 'anniversary' date (hate that term for marking the year of a death, btw) into the questioning often on June 16th.

I've seen witching for water, and IIRC, metal clothes hangers were used. Not just any clothes hangers will work, and not everyone has the necessary skill to use the right ones.

In Somerset, England I went with a group of diviners cloaked in a healthy degree of skepticism. They used wood from a certain type of tree and they let me try....I walked around holding the split stick in front of me keeping tension on, the next thing I knew the stick twisted gouging my hands then flipped back and split my lip open....never doing that again. I didn't ask what I found, I just stomped off home...I still have the scar on my lip.

Does anyone besides me think that it is very possible that the state of FL may achieve a new record in the Guinness World Book of Records for the most objections sustained in a single criminal trial?

And likewise, that JB may obtain a new world record for the number of objections voiced and over-ruled in a single criminal trial?

:waitasec:

Can someone tell me how JB came to be ICA's attorney?

Recommended by other inmates but as one smart attorney said, who'd take a recommendation from someone in prison - as their attorney obviously didn't keep them out of jail :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1