IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing this vehicle shows that LE is looking at all options as to what may have happened to Lauren, as they should be doing.

I do not see someone being held down in the back, frankly. I can't make out much of anything.

This is for sure a wait and see on the truck, for me.

I think we'll learn who the "prime POI" is who passed the LTD by end of day.
No reason why his attorney would not want to shout out that result ASAP!

"prime" --- I'll go out on a limb, and say, either JW or JR passed.

I don't think CR is probably the guilty party, but how reliable can his poly be if he doesn't remember much from the night. I'm sure he can pass what he can remember, but can he pass what he doesn't remember or would they even be able to question him about certain details?

I don't think CR is probably the guilty party, but how reliable can his poly be if he doesn't remember much from the night. I'm sure he can pass what he can remember, but can he pass what he doesn't remember or would they even be able to question him about certain details?

At least they could verify that he actually doesn't remember as opposed to pretending not to remember.

Want to offer something... Don't see any reason to jump to conclusions that the person driving that truck is a "snatcher." It could just as easily go down like this...

A. Driver is coming west on 10th street and trying to get a jump on the day for lawn work, landscaping, construction or mowing. They are taking 10th as they cut across town from the east side. Remember... that period of time was WAY hot here with forecasts putting the temps in 90's which would explain someone being out just before dawn.

B. At the corner of 10th and College they glance over for oncoming traffic and see "something." That might be a staggering, 4 foot, barefoot blonde or that might be an argument or anything out of place.

C. They go ahead and cross College and then stop at Morton. They decide to take a turn and circle around for another look.

D. It's possible they pause at the intersection of 11th and College to watch or drive around again but they do so at a different intersection. We don't know because we don't know what LE knows and what LE might also have on camera. Remember, LE did say that the time stamps may not be dead accurate.

E. They then make a final lap and either don't see her anymore or decide to get on with their day. They turn on 10th. Decide to blow through the intersection of 10th and Morton and go on with their day.

Regardless, it's very probable they might have seen something incredibly important and LE is right to want to find them. The problem with this theory is how do they NOT know what's going on and somehow feel like it's not important to come forward and say what they saw.

Want to offer something... Don't see any reason to jump to conclusions that the person driving that truck is a "snatcher." It could just as easily go down like this...

A. Driver is coming west on 10th street and trying to get a jump on the day for lawn work, landscaping, construction or mowing. They are taking 10th as they cut across town from the east side. Remember... that period of time was WAY hot here with forecasts putting the temps in 90's which would explain someone being out just before dawn.

B. At the corner of 10th and College they glance over for oncoming traffic and see "something." That might be a staggering, 4 foot, barefoot blonde or that might be an argument or anything out of place.

C. They go ahead and cross College and then stop at Morton. They decide to take a turn and circle around for another look.

D. It's possible they pause at the intersection of 11th and College to watch or drive around again but they do so at a different intersection. We don't know because we don't know what LE knows and what LE might also have on camera. Remember, LE did say that the time stamps may not be dead accurate.

E. They then make a final lap and either don't see her anymore or decide to get on with their day. They turn on 10th. Decide to blow through the intersection of 10th and Morton and go on with their day.

Regardless, it's very probable they might have seen something incredibly important and LE is right to want to find them. The problem with this theory is how do they NOT know what's going on and somehow feel like it's not important to come forward and say what they saw.

I totally agree. And LE is talking about this as a way to "get information" from someone who may have seen something. They aren't going to peg them as a POI or else they might not come forward willingly. But in my mind, I am 100% they have to find the truck to crack the case. I always stay open-minded about other possibilities, though. I almost hope she was kidnapped because at this point it seems like that is the only way she could possibly still be hanging on somewhere, y'know.

At this point, it is very hard in my mind that the truck is not involved.

I mean, what are the odds that the guys would say Lauren left between 4:15-4:30am and a white truck circle those streets at exactly 4:14-4:24? And the homeless who might have heard a screen at 4:30am...

If the truck had just passed once, fine, it wouldn't be as suspicious. By driving around the block TWICE on the exact time Lauren's friends reported last seeing her??

It has always been about coincidences to me...if she was taken by a stranger, it is a coincidence that it happened on a night where a fight took place that may have (probably was) about her; and it would be a coincidence that she happened to walk out alone into a desolate empty alley and street only to run into the one (or one of few) vehicle on the road, which happens to contain someone who is inclined to grab a female. Granted, a vehicle out at that hour might be up to no good, but I can't imagine that there would normally be a surplus of lone females out at the exact same moment.

Also will be something of a coincidence if LE actually has this guy on tape twice, a great piece of evidence, but no tape of the actual abduction or interaction with Lauren.

My brain is still allowing for both possibilities, stranger or acquaintance/friend.

I just ran across this website that has a map of all security cameras in the area, FYI
http://www.bloomingtonsecuritycameras.com/map.html

This definitely does not cover ALL of the cameras. btowns map of the more immediate area has several cameras that are not on here. There are all sorts of cameras in businesses, banks, restaurants, gas stations, convenience stores any of them could have picked up evidence that would be relevant to the case. They all should be viewed...

I don't get why people are so convinced the white truck is a construction workers truck..many people drive trucks. It would be very brave to kidnap someone in the area in which you were working, in the vehicle that you drive to work everyday, right before you were to be at work?

What about cameras on the roads leading out of downtown, the various roads this truck would have had to take to get out of the area? How many ways out of downtown are there, probably several...

I just looked at the photo of the truck released, and to me, what LE says could be lettering, actually looks like a scrape to me? Anyone else think that?

123F - Just to clarify, it was posted on facebook, but the image was actually from the Indianopolis Star - http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...g|IndyStar.com

The only thing that may be think twice is a local bloomington resident that just said she drove to the grocery store (?) and saw at least 4 white trucks =/

The best way to narrow the truck is the license plate (a valid one).
If LE has pieces of the plate number and there are other videos or cameras in the area that give more pieces that would be a clearer path to IDing the correct truck. Also the writing on the side of the truck. the FBI may be able to use techniques decipher it as it looks like a business ID of some sort.

Otherwise yes, there are thousands of white pick ups...

Even though I see a person or two in the back, I suspect that LE used higher resolution software to determine that it's equipment since that's what LE announced at the conference.

Most likely not - what you see here is what LE is seeing and studying as well. There is no way to make a low resolution image into a high resolution image. My job primarily involves working with and studying images and this is a common misconception. I probably explain this once a day to someone to be honest. Turning a low-res image into a hi-res image will only make it blurrier. They could possibly sharpen it a little and maybe do a few other minor things but nothing major that will show what exactly is in the bed of that truck. Like those programs in CSI and whatnot where they take a blurry image and make it viewable, that is impossible to do in reality.

I could go on and on about this and go into more details about why exactly this happens or why it is impossible, so if you need the explanation just ask.

Or goes to school there and this photo was taken BEFORE LE released the photos!

Remember, the perp probably didnt think anyone was watching.

that would fall under the category of dumb and/or cocky

I just looked at the photo of the truck released, and to me, what LE says could be lettering, actually looks like a scrape to me? Anyone else think that?

On the FB page for Lauren, one poster is saying he did something with the image on Adobe and it appears to be a dent which straddles both doors...

At this point, it is very hard in my mind that the truck is not involved.

I mean, what are the odds that the guys would say Lauren left between 4:15-4:30am and a white truck circle those streets at exactly 4:14-4:24? And the homeless who might have heard a screen at 4:30am...

If the truck had just passed once, fine, it wouldn't be as suspicious. By driving around the block TWICE on the exact time Lauren's friends reported last seeing her??

I have to agree at this point. And it BLEW A STOP SIGN, to boot.

What do you think of this? It took ten minutes to come around. Even if you have to stop and wait for the light on College Ave. it couldn't take more than a couple of minutes to get back around (and this is someone who just went through a stop sign). Seems as though this person had some sort of business to take care of that took a little less than ten minutes.

I think the main problem with seeing "Lauren" in the back, is that Lauren is tiny, and looking at that "drawing" it's almost like she's half of the truck's lenght... wouldn't be the case.

It's almost definetly just equipments.

Look at it in relation to the tire, kind of like when someone puts a quarter in an image for size reference. To me the person looks too small, she would be bigger than a tire though she is tiny. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg