2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of posters here speculated that perhaps Cindy and George will cooperate if the DT drops the molestation stuff. Perhaps the posters are right!

Because the DT not asking Lee about the abuse after their opening statement is huge, huge, huge. They have dropped it. The defense is changing its story.

Ok that makes sense. But that OS is still hanging out there and the Jury just doesn't forgetnthat IMO.

SOMETHING else was going on there. ICA and LA sobbing while sidebar going on. JB trying to get some question in. Lee finally giving a non-helpful answer to JB.

I really think (perhaps just being optimistic) that was a huge moment: would LA lie or not, and he decided not to lie.

JMO

That's exactly how I perceived it, as well.

I saw it in his face when he hesitated before answering JB's question about "Was there any other reason you were upset".

He looked very torn as he took a moment to make his decision.

I also caught the expression on JB's face when LA answered "No". JB was clearly disappointed.

IMO, LA went off script.

Very little of anything in this trial has been consistent.. why start now??

I am so glad JA got this testimony right up front. Now GA can not say anything different or the jury will know he is lying to save KC. If JA would have waited, who knows what GA would say on the stand. Part of me thinks he won't even call GA, he will go right to calling River C. If he does call GA, I expect him to plead the 5th.

They all have had years to tell the truth so I'm now deciding that I'm not buying any of this.

Very little of anything in this trial has been consistent.. why start now??
Oh how you're so right about that! I have no idea what to think about all this anymore, especially wrt this family, there's just no telling.

*buckles up*

The one thing that I did like is the the prosecution/LDB made sure that she made issue over the time card and if it was in fact CORRECT the day she spoke of the pool to her co workers. I do believe that scored a few points toward the time card issue and shows that the time card appears to be correct all times expect when it is benificial to Casey and covering up for her.

Did anyone notice that LDB left the sheet there for CA to look over. The dates in March were in that package I would imagine?

Exactly! And then Caylee began to usurp ICA, CA's up and coming challenger. Which for the first time makes me wonder...was ICA jealous of Caylee? Was she mad at CA for taking over her role as mother, where ICA should have been the queen bee by rights? :waitasec:

ETA: And if we're wondering about these things, is the jury now wondering as well?

I have believed that ICA was profoundly jealous of Caylee for a very long time. ICA was the "princess" in her family . . . until Caylee came along.

At this point, I feel like CA got herself an adorable new baby, almost like someone gets themselves an adorable new puppy. ICA reportedly wanted to give her soon-to-be-born child up for adoption and CA wouldn't "let her." (Never mind that ICA was an adult, ugh.) In the delivery room, baby Caylee was handed first to CA--an event that ICA reportedly never stopped resenting. There's also CA's Myspace post where she goes on about how Caylee has been taken away from her because of jealousy. Excluding that post early in the trial has been just about the only fault I've found with JP's handling of this bizarre, convoluted, tragic case.

I think today we finally got to see that Lee was a non-entity in the Anthony family. How sad for him to be tossed aside. I'm thinking we're finally seeing why Lee hasn't been in the mix very often in the past three years. Imagine what those two women did to the men in their family! Extremely sad.

I don't know about others, but it just confirms my belief how evil I think CA and ICA truly are. :cow: If I were on the jury, after Lee's testimony, I'd vote GUILTY. I don't see how his testimony helped the defense.

I saw Jb pat Lee on the back also and then he walked a little further and lippman also patted Lee on the back.

I am outraged and need to give myself an OT before I say something very unpleasant. That said, it is apparent that the Anthony family has learned NOTHING from Caylee's death. KC was wrong, they don't just "want Caylee back." They want her back so they can all go back to being dysfunctional and then KC can create another Caylee for them. I am ashamed of them, for them, and by them. Lippman and JB both patted LA and comforted both him and his mom after they got on the stand. There is no family separation whatsoever. This has all been meticulously planned out and executed.

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHY JB SAID THIS???????????

"We're not offering this for the truth of the matter, your honor."

Because he's an <modsnip>. The whole point of this trial is to find the truth of the matter. He cannot be more stupid.

What I think he really meant was, we're not offering this for the truth, we offering this to cause confusion and reasonable doubt.

I don't know what the background is of each juror but siblings that have had incestuous contact aren't always totally adversarial, sometimes it's an outcropping of other abuse happening in the family or to a member or members of the family. A juror may or may not read something in to both Casey and Lee crying as he spoke about Casey's unspoken pregnancy.

i think lee was sincerely crying, thinking of all the times throughout life he'd taken the blame for casey, helped casey, smoothed things over for casey, saved the day for casey.....and on and on and on. i think he honestly did feel hurt and used and ticked off that after everything he'd done as a big brother for casey, he was treated like crap. again.

i think ica had been preparing to cry during lee's testimony, building up to it. i think the expectation was that once again, lee was going to come to ica's rescue and answer jb's question as to whether there were other reasons he was upset with an entirely different answer than the simple "no" they got.

in other words, i think we may have just watched lee stand up for caylee in a manner that not a single other family member has done yet. jb would not have asked if there were other reasons he was upset unless jb expected him to answer in a way that made his client look like a victim. fail.

the talking heads are wrong this time, imo. i don't think this does a single thing for the dt and over lunch, my bet is the jurors will think to themselves: "wow. not only did that cretin murder her beautiful child, she spent all the prior years making a living hell of her brother's life."

Just took a short break from this stuff. I'm afraid we keep getting caught up in the Defense smoke and mirrors, song and dance, red herring and distract-them-from-the-evidence crap. Because that's all this is.

The family thought Casey was pregnant or not pregnant?
Caylee shorts were in the Anthony home every day?
Lee upset that he wasn't included and didn't see Casey in hospital?
Cindy searched for chloroform and chlorophyl BUT NOT 84 TIMES?
Cindy remembers being at home when records show she was at work.
Cindy remembers a youtube popup 3 years ago about a skate boarder's 'neck breaking feat'.

Doesn't matter. They can't get away from the 31 days, the 84 searches and "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

Now I'm gonna take a longer break.

My husband is a school bus driver, it's a newer job for him after years of being a self-employed carpet installer. He was so excited today to be taking a charter of pre-schoolers to the zoo today! He's been before a couple of times but he so likes to see the little ones react to the lions and bears and elephants, their wonderful faces beaming and all the funny conversations on the way back to school. It just makes me so sad that Caylee should be on a trip to the zoo, what a fun age of discovery this is for them. That's what the A's should remember, that Caylee isn't here to experience all that - and it should keep their testimony truthful. Sadly, doesn't seem to be the case, does it?

I have always thought Lee was always playing second fiddle to KC. He has to sell her his car and it's okay to not get paid by her. He has to chase all over town to try to find her for his Mom. And it goes on and on.

As an adult I personally have been designated "keeper of the family" in my family. I put on the holidays and parties. If I don't do it, no one does. I watch over my elderly parents. And yet, while growing up I always played second fiddle to my sisters. Example: When I moved out at 18 (couldn't wait!) and didn't have a dime to my name my mother offered to SELL me MY bedroom furniture which was already mine (a Christmas gift). I couldn't afford it, so she GAVE it to my sister! I could go on and on with examples, but my point is . . . these type of things do hurt and do take years to get over. If you can.

I get Lee being hurt over being left out. Boy, do I get it!

I honestly don't understand the Defenses motive for the questioning of Lee. So what if he felt left out and he was hurt by that? What did the defense gain?

Originally Posted by bonjoviblonde
Why would JB pat Lee on the back, as if to comfort him, if he's accusing him of molesting Casey???????

It was Baez patting Lee as he left the stand and whispering to him and patting again...

Thank you for the screen shot of JB patting Lee!! WESH is reporting it wrong....saying it was Lippman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH