2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA!! Especially considering that yesterday she said that she didn't look certain things up but she also doesn't know what the computer does on its own while it is running. Like it would just get interested in something someone was looking up and would go out on it's own across the internet looking up further information it was curious about. Puhleezzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ETA: IMO, she doesn't have a clue about what any place does with their computers.

Thanks for the belly laugh!

I would love to believe Lee is standing up for Caylee. But I can't. Too much over the last 3 years tells me it's another act. But I really really want to be wrong.

The IT guy from Gentiva has been on the SA witness list this whole time. That means whatever data he has was probably preserved as well in case he needs to testify if needed. The SA was prepared for this and IMO, LDB was mad that they would have to go there yesterday, but they have this covered.

I don't think LBD was mad, I think it was staged. I think she knew what the DT was about to pull and wanted to have the A's motives questioned before hand.

Well sheesh I must be missing the big AHA moment by the defense by Lee's performance today. Aphrodite Jones just said it was big for the defense to show family dysfunction.

OK...so we have a dysfunctional family. How does this prove Casey didn't murder Caylee?

Thoughts? Anyone?

I think it would help for mitigating purposes.

I still believe she will be found guilty by the jury; however, if she is acquited I am comforted by the fact that her lying Mother will have to sleep with one eye open and work the rest of her life to support her.

CA work? Who in the world would ever hire her, or any of the Anthonys at this point? They are going to be pariahs. (Well, they are now...) What horrible, horrible people.

Run, Mallory, run! Lee will regret not bailing on this family while he could.

Aphrodite Jones doesn't buy Cindy's act. Most jurors didn't react, a few had some expression. jmo

Lee in tears failed to move GA or CA. The camera showed them sitting stone faced.

They can't make any emotions just like all the other people in the gallery...could get tossed out of watching. when he left the stand and went back GA was talking to him but GA's back was towards the camera

I think Lee's tears were real. My husbands brother is very much like Casey. His parents have been enabling him all his life and on the flip side have left hubby to find out major family events threw the grapevine. When his brother, who was a teacher, was arrested for indecent liberties with a minor and indecent liberties with a student, we did not get a heads up from hubby's parents, instead we found out via the local news. His brother was arrested on a Saturday and we found out Monday on the noon news. I thank God hubby and I decided to walk away from the whole mess. Parents like the anthony's will enable the object of their enabling despite the ramifications for their other children.

My bet is Baez is trying to make himself look like a nice person in front of the jury because LA was crying.

The jury had already been dismissed when LA left the stand. Defense needs his cooperation. After what JB said about him in OS's I would have recoiled if it had been me. jmo

My bet is Baez is trying to make himself look like a nice person in front of the jury because LA was crying.

I saw Baez definitely pat Lee too. The jury was NOT there. They had already left for lunch.

And if the State had actually investigated this case from the beginning they would have seized all that info... but I feel the SAO and LE failed miserably with this investigation... they drew a conclusion too fast, and now it's coming back to bite them.

If Casey and family had told the truth FROM THE BEGINNING we would not be having this conversation.

I didn't hear all of Lee's testimony, but from what I did hear, I have to wonder if the door has been opened by the DT regarding Cindy's rule over her "family", and the dynamics that went on. Meaning, I wonder if this will allow the state to get some testimony - ie: SP's testimony that Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee.

I heard Lee say that CINDY kept him out of the loop of the pregnancy.

:dunno:

According to the TH's, it wasn't Baez that patted LA, it was the Anthony's attorney...had he moved to the front of the courtroom while his clients are on the stand?

Justiceseeker1960 I saw Jb pat him on the back first and then right behind the Sa Lippman patted him on the back. I believe others also saw the same thing.

I wish I got a shot of it,but it happened to quick and I was just in aw

I caught a tiny bit of a program on ID channel last night dealing with a woman who was charged with killing her 7 year old daughter. Her story was the daughter fell in the pool and drowned. There was a lot more to the story than this, but she was convicted and sentenced to LWOP. I saw one juror questioned, and he said what really did it for him is the mother never seemed to have a moment of panic, and he could not see how a mother finding her daughter floating in the pool would not be tearing that pool apart to get to her.

With this case, IMO there are questions the jury is going to have that aren't going to have satisfying answers. How did George get Caylee out of the pool, and why FGS did no one try to resuscitate her? There was nothing in the OS stating ICA or George had any clue how long she had been in the water. Then hours later ICA is renting videos at Blockbuster. To date there has been no proof of abuse of any kind that could turn a person into someone this cold.

MOO, I don't care how much Cindy and/or George and/or Lee lie on the stand to help ICA, there is nothing they can say that is going to explain 31 days.

Well sheesh I must be missing the big AHA moment by the defense by Lee's performance today. Aphrodite Jones just said it was big for the defense to show family dysfunction.

OK...so we have a dysfunctional family. How does this prove Casey didn't murder Caylee?

Thoughts? Anyone?

Mitigation. Save her from the needle. IMHO most of what was presented by Baez in opening statement was for mitigation.

IMHO this isn't about aquittal this is about keeping her off the table.

All JMHO

(it doesn't mean I agree with this type of mitigation, it means I think that is what the DT might be doing with this...)

Just joining in - I was wondering why he is so upset over this, so many years later - yet didn't seem to be bothered by the molestation accusations - or at least he wasn't visibly emotional over them. Makes me wonder if someone (CA) made him understand that they would have to sacrifice to save Casey's life.

I read it as when something is so beyond crazy- so ludicrous and nonsensical, it won't even upset you. The things that hit close to the bone *do*. The abuse story is so ridiculous, it doesn't even register.

The pain of feeling like an outsider in your own family is raw and true.

I have a terrible gut feeling that Lee has been deprived of mama's love for so long, he'll be willing to go along with whatever she wants. I wouldn't be surprised if all of this is scripted down to the last detail, ending with ICA begging mercy on the court, declaring it was an accidental drowning that snowballed out of control and her family had nothing to do with it. She's exonerated and the family go on to have their own reality show "The Anthony's---An Average American Family". It's probably already in the works.

ITA, fifteen. The jurors are going to have to decide IF ICA committed first-degree murder, not WHY she did it. The defense is using Lee as a mitigation witness during the penalty phase, IMO. And it makes me want to :sick:.

Interesting pause before LA said no, there were no other reasons he was upset when Caylee was born. While I really want the SA to ask him if he molested ICA, I know they won't want to open that door.

Exactly, I think JB is trying to bait the SA to open that line of questioning without getting ICA on the stand. They are too smart for that though.

Thoughts? Anyone?

My GAWD Aphrodite...you too flighty! Cannot stand her either.

Can't believe I will miss rest of today...enjoy peeps...will bbl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop