2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to figure out the right way to say this. Please know I am not trying to be insincere or callous.

I still feel something or somebody was watching out for Caylee and took her away from the dysfunction of the Anthony family. I just wished it could have been a different way.

The relevance is to show the jury that CA has been lying and covering up for KC for YEARS. It plants an even bigger doubt on CA's testimony than they already had. And also, the Prosecution has every right to go there, as the Defense has "opened the door" to that line of questioning. They can bring up anything the Witness said while under direct examination from the Defense.

I believe that LA's tears were real, but more like what AsoldiersGrits said:

I think he started crying because he was realizing the weight of it all, and what they had already lost because of all the times CA covered for KC and enabled her. I think that's where he made up his mind not to take the fall (and you can see him blow out a huge breath and almost straighten his shoulders back) before he told JB that there was no other reason he was hurt. I think KC was crying because she realized LA wasn't going to lie for her, so that line of defense wasn't going anywhere.

ITA turkygurl... And although he's an "adult," Lee is still hurting, still grieving over the loss of his neice and the implosion of his family.

Sorry if this was mentioned already...but didn't CA testify that they immediately began working on the nursery when they found out 6-8 weeks before Caylee was born? If Lee was living in the house how did he miss the nursery being assembled? I'll have to look for the details from her testimony...but that seems so strange!

Well sheesh I must be missing the big AHA moment by the defense by Lee's performance today. Aphrodite Jones just said it was big for the defense to show family dysfunction.

OK...so we have a dysfunctional family. How does this prove Casey didn't murder Caylee?

Thoughts? Anyone?

Isn`t "dysfunction" between Casey and Cindy the states motive for murder? You would expect some dysfunction in a family that includes a person like Casey.

I hate to say this but all of you feeling bad for LA right now are going to be pretty pissed when he shows he is sticking by ICA. Just like his mom did to us...LA is following in her footsteps.

I hate to say it to But I agree with you!!

Wish that there is a category of guilt by association and the entire A clan could have a cell block and be together forever - it is what they deserve.

What's to cross? All Lee did was cry that he was left out.

Unless there's more testimony from him to come? I lost the feed, so I might have missed it.

I don't know LOL, I just like to see Jeff at work. :)

I haven't had the time to read all the previous posts but...is it just me or didn't it appear that for a time CA and LA were supporting the SA? Didn't it seem that ICA was miffed when they didn't acknowledge her the way she wanted them to? That ICA even had a hissy crying fit one day in court after her CA's testimony?

So, somebody please tell me...what happened and when did JB & ICA get ahold of the A's to bring them to their side of the garbage dump?

What's to cross? All Lee did was cry that he was left out.

Unless there's more testimony from him to come? I lost the feed, so I might have missed it.

That is pretty much what Bill S. Just said. There isn't much to cross.

The problem with the Defense is they have made this claim about the lack of emotion or proper emotion with the A's and all I have seen from them and his client is emotion. The jury has to be asking, where were these tears when KC was partying? I am so glad the jury saw her real tears while LA was on the stand. Just a few tears shed for Caylee and her remains. KC was crying the way CA was crying the first day in court over seeing Caylee's photo. I thought KC might stand up and say "I AM GUILTY" just to get LA off the stand. If anyone moved the body or helped KC in anyway it was LA. No doubt in my mind that C.M.A was him swearing to their secret.

BBM - interesting I never thought of that angle.

JMO

Do I remember MP saying her and CA were alot closer now when she was on the stand?

Bottom line IMO:

If you believe the defense, somehow George and KC discovered the beloved child Caylee drowned, did not tell anyone or try to get any help, disposed of the body, never reported it and somehow, thought no one was ever going to ask about the little girl that lived on Hopespring drive.
If you do not believe the defense then the facts are: a little girl was found in a pile of trash, in the woods, with her face ducktapped and her mom never reported her missing nor showed any regret or remorse.

One or the other.

Isn`t "dysfunction" between Casey and Cindy the states motive for murder? You would expect some dysfunction in a family that includes a person like Casey.

No. The State's motive is Bella Vita

After stepping away from WS for the past hour, I have decided that LA was not fake crying. The question is WHAT was he crying about? Any theories fellow websleuthers?

It would have to be very difficult to look back and wish that you would have spent more time with your niece knowing she is dead. I think LA is under extreme pressure and has been for the last three years. Having to say it outloud as to why you did not visit your niece at the hospital has to bring up a lot of pain and regret for Lee (regarding caylee)

I hate to say this but all of you feeling bad for LA right now are going to be pretty pissed when he shows he is sticking by ICA. Just like his mom did to us...LA is following in her footsteps.

I hear ya. I do feel bad for Lee, and I always have, even after the CMA thing. I think he's going to be honest on the stand, but if he's not, I'm not even going to be shocked.

I can't help it, my reasoning is George and Cindy were adults when they hooked up, and no matter how 'beaten' George may seem to be, he has always been an adult in this situation, and so has Cindy. Lee was born into this, and had no choice really growing up. So even though he's an adult now, I can feel for the guy having a hard time breaking from this mess he has spent his whole life in. MOO.

I think Lee's tears were real. My husbands brother is very much like Casey. His parents have been enabling him all his life and on the flip side have left hubby to find out major family events threw the grapevine. When his brother, who was a teacher, was arrested for indecent liberties with a minor and indecent liberties with a student, we did not get a heads up from hubby's parents, instead we found out via the local news. His brother was arrested on a Saturday and we found out Monday on the noon news. I thank God hubby and I decided to walk away from the whole mess. Parents like the anthony's will enable the object of their enabling despite the ramifications for their other children.

I'm glad you walked away ,too Back away from the drama.

I will admit I have no idea which way this will go. I have no idea, either, what (of many possibilities) the defense hopes Lee will testify to. The onion is still in the process of being unpeeled and I will have to wait impatiently. All of the character are too unreliable to predict.

So well stated as usual EU.

On Cross - Lee - When you bought the car did it smell like a dead body in the car? No further questions.

Isn't it kind of ironic how Cindy's "friend" was in a car accident and so was "Zanny?"

I'm thinking that if he was that hurt at not being included, it explains his behavior when Caylee was murdered, after, and even now. He is DESPERATE to be included in something in that family. No wonder he was willing to be Mr. Lee Anthony, PI. No wonder he was willing to play the family games with Casey. He did it because he was INCLUDED in it. It gave him validity in the family and made him feel special because he was IN on something with the family. And he got so hurt when he wasn't included because of his need to be included. I have no doubt Casey and Cindy used that against him and to manipulate him even up to now. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop