2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have a question. I was half listening this morning and maybe I misunderstood.

Did JA deliberately withhold the fact that the DOD guy was going to get fired if he testified?

According to Mr. Baez only - JA withheld it for 24 hours....a crock...the boss called Ashton at home to blast him....

I'm thinking Jose wants to change his theroy of defense. Maybe Casey is gonna claim it was all her....the child drowned and she panicked? who the heck knows????

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
All attys left somber as exiting closed door meeting #caseyanthony Have suspicion but will wait. Not discovery violation issue w #JoseBaez

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
pipitone says he could hear Mason screaming at other def atty & kc. but not what he was saying

LKB said something last night about the defense filing a motion this morning that had something to do with witness intimidation by the DOD in regard to Dr. Rodriguez's testimony. I suspect this may be the issue today.

That would be the FINAL straw for me, why ruin the man's LIFE if you have ANOTHER witness to say the SAME THING (DT said this yesterday).:banghead:

Ok, I have a question. I was half listening this morning and maybe I misunderstood.

Did JA deliberately withhold the fact that the DOD guy was going to get fired if he testified?
No. He told the defense, and Judge Perry. Ashton didn't withhold anything.

I dunno I would think they had better things to do than call Ashton on a sat, and advise him his very public case will get a dr terminated from his position.

Funny thing is that cant even fire DOD people like that.

They get meetings and hearings and stuff.

Ask NurseBeeMe about that

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
All attys left somber as exiting closed door meeting #caseyanthony Have suspicion but will wait. Not discovery violation issue w #JoseBaez

I'm wondering if Mason has just had enough of being associated with Baez. He asked HHJP for a sidebar and said it has nothing to do with the witness being discussed. When they all went to sidebar and then the later close up pic of Baez and Mason looked a bit contentious.

Then we have HHJP, DT, Casey and court reporter going to chambers without the prosecution team. Back and forth a couple of times with Casey coming in and out. Baez did not look happy at all when he finally came back in. Simms looked worried.

My gut feeling is whatever has happened has nothing to do with witnesses, testimony, motions, etc otherwise the prosecution team would not have been excluded from the chambers meeting at all. They went back there for a brief period of time it looked like but they were not back there the entire time the DT was back there.

I'm wondering if Mason has put his foot down <finally> and said enough with the shenanigans of Baez and him having to be associated with it and potentially held accountable to the court for it.

Whatever it is, it is not because of this witness issue this morning. The judge said so and based on tweets, we know there were other witnesses out in the witness holding area.
All just MOO

You are right. I also saw tweets about that, including Hoover.

You think Mason is making a complaint about his co-counsel?

If the dt went into chambers without the SA and if the discussion is ordered sealed, then it has to deal with ICA. My guess is for some reason she felt she could not be present at the trial today (sickness???) and would not waive her right to be present.

IMHO this doesn't have anything to do with Rodriquez or Furton.

The CPT that Ashton spoke to reportedly stated that because Rodriquez had not asked for permission prior to giving testimony he could not.

I read that as he needs to ask permission and they will let him. IMHO this has to do with rules and regulations governing employees of the DOD.

I can't begin to guess what it's about.

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame

I am wondering if this has something to do with ICA testifying. Maybe there is a difference in opinion about that on the DT or a difference in opinion between ICA and the DT. Something that needs to be on the record.

SNIPPED....

The no shoes thing suggests to me that Caylee was killed at home where she would have comfortably removed her shoes (or not put them on yet for the day). We don't wear our shoes inside (I have a 3 and 2 year old).

She didn't have a foot either when she was found. No surprise shoes were missing.

Mark NeJame

I'm not sure the site is still maintained. I read (just yesterday as a matter of fact) that the fella that ran that site took those pages (chloroform) down. Valhalla at the Hinkymeter corresponded with him and he stated this. She has part of an email online from him that talks about it (don't have a link and her site is down right now.)

As far as the DOD - they have to give their employees permission to testify. Dr. Rodriguez didn't get permission.

I am personaly myself putting in a personal favor call and seeing how this would and does work. I know lots of people who walk into court everyday without that permission but just to cover the my opinion I am getting the "handbook rules "

@MagpieFromHinky
Pamela pipitone says he could hear Mason screaming at other def atty & kc. but not what he was saying

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Pipitone says the defense atty's were reading the transcript of what happening in chambers & were wide eyed & looked shocked

JMO... does anyone think that JP heard something contradictory from the DOD regarding what JA stated about Dr. Rodriquez being threatened with his job if he testified as JA had said? moo
Ni, I don't believe so. JA said the DoD called him and that would be easy enough to disprove - and I really don't think JA would lie on something that was so easily proved.

Under what circumstances does a judge seal records during a case? The jury wouldn't hear it anyway, and they are sequestered too. I think we can narrow it down by finding an answer to that question.

Well I'd sure like to know what in the world the State could have done? The Defense is the ones who keep trying to sneak in new testimony and not having their witnesses write reports. No way is this trial ever going to end in mistrial due to the State as opposed to the Defense.

There seem to be a lot of rumors running wild right now and everyone is jumping to conclusions. I gotta say national media is worse than local. They get everything wrong.

If this were true, why would the State be smiling and KC be crying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500