2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "dream" what it is about.

The picture of Caylee at the door.

Lee heard they were going to introduce that picture in evidence of Caylee standing at the door. Lee knew it was not Caylee and went to Baez and told him.

Mason questioned Lee yesterday outside of court and found out that is what the deal is.

Mason is trying to get Baez off the case because he knows it is going to be found out.

Wake Up Dr. Fessel.....come back to Anthony land............the truth and the A's are strangers. Or something similar to what Judge S. said. :floorlaugh:

MarkNeJame Tweet:
This is big...not a small matter. Judge Perry doesn't delay. Not a JoseBaez discovery violation issue. Something more.

Ok, I have a question. I was half listening this morning and maybe I misunderstood.

Did JA deliberately withhold the fact that the DOD guy was going to get fired if he testified?

No. JB accused JA of contacting Dr.R's employers himself. JA was furious...said "File a legal complaint then!". JA went on to say the DOD head contacted HIM, and because he didn't want Dr.R fired, or his career ruined, he took it upon himself to notify the Defense of the call. JB threatened to take action against JA, JA sneered, "Bring it!".

I dunno I would think they had better things to do than call Ashton on a sat, and advise him his very public case will get a dr terminated from his position.

Funny thing is that cant even fire DOD people like that.

They get meetings and hearings and stuff.

I don't know... the issue was broadcast around the world, and it wasn't favorable to the DOD. moo

Heh heh - maybe a contempt charge for Mr. Baez??? For real this time for disobeying (blatantly and with huge disrespect I might add) the Judge's orders for expert evidence and reports?

LG sits at her computer cackling in delight at the thought....

Wouldn't HHJP wait until the trial is over to issue the contempt charge, so as not to drag this out for the jury? He seems to consider their time first when he makes decisions that delay the trial.

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
pipitone says he could hear Mason screaming at other def atty & kc. but not what he was saying

@MarkNeJame
Mark NeJame This is big...not a small matter. #JudgePerry doesn't delay. Not a #JoseBaez discovery violation issue. Something more.

MarkNeJame

Twitter - 1 minute ago

"Tony Pipitone reports that the attorneys are ordered not to discuss the matter. Transcript is sealed and so are attorneys' mouths."

And of course we know this does not apply to JB.

My "dream" what it is about.

The picture of Caylee at the door.

Lee heard they were going to introduce that picture in evidence of Caylee standing at the door. Lee knew it was not Caylee and went to Baez and told him.

Mason questioned Lee yesterday outside of court and found out that is what the deal is.

Mason is trying to get Baez off the case because he knows it is going to be found out.

I think you may be on to something. They were talking about that picture being a possible fake over at Hinky this morning.

MarkNeJame

All attys left somber as exiting closed door meeting #caseyanthony Have suspicion but will wait. Not discovery violation issue w #JoseBaez
3 minutes ago via web

RedHuber

Media waiting for attorneys to leave courthouse. http://yfrog.com/ken5gtj
3 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

I think this is something that originated with Casey. Something that the DT is NOT happy about.

I was watching when the feed first came up. Three deputies came out from the back and I was immediately struck by the looks on their faces. One deputy got on the phone, while another beckoned to Baez to go into the back where Casey was. Then, all of the DT was "summoned" back. They didn't look happy when they all came back out, did they?

Not a chance Judge Perry would have JB in jail this weekend. It would be to prejudicial to ICA....maybe after the trial but not today.

JA did not withhold that phone call.. When the DOD saw this expert on the television preparing to testify the DOD immediately contacted the SA's office which is how and why it was JA who took the call. After the DOD informed JA of the issue JA immediately informed HHJP and the DT.

No actually he (JA) came in to court the next court day and asked the judge for another day to review the deposition and did not tell court about the call. JMO

When did Ashton do this?

And please cite something other than Baez's accusation.

it's my understanding you only have to turn over records the SA intends to "use", yes, they had the records, but it was JB who opened the door by questioning YM about them, The SA never intended to use them and JA was smiling the whole time JB was having a hissy fit about it because he knew the SA was correct.

@MagpieFromHinky
Pamela pipitone says he could hear Mason screaming at other def atty & kc. but not what he was saying

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Pipitone says the defense atty's were reading the transcript of what happening in chambers & were wide eyed & looked shocked

Oh man! Now I wanna know what this is all about!!! :confused:

What in the world does the Department of Defense have to do with this case????!

The DT called one of their employees as a witness. As per usual he had no report and the state had to do his deposition outside of court hours. He was put on the stand for a proffer IIRC and then dismissed until the state could review the deposition in preparation for his testimony. His employer saw him on TV and contacted the State Attorneys Office to state the witness did not have their permission to testify as an expert and he would lose his job if he did. JA brought it up in court yesterday. He had apparently also advised BP and the DT out of court so this is all drama. When the issues of this witness testifying came up and the state objected to him, CM stated they had other witnessess who could testify to the same thing anyway.
All IIRC

I listened very carefully to the DOD issue and JP specifically said that he offered to have the witness held, even over DOD threats in the OCSO jail if he refused to stay and the DT wanted that but that the DT said no, we don't want him to lose his job esp. since they had another expert that could testify to almost the same thing. In addition, Rodriguez pretty much would have been impeached b/c of the co-founder of the body farm issue AND it has been reported that he supported the SA claim that the body would have been there for 4-6 months, so I DO NOT think that LKB knows what she is talking about and the DT was happy to let this witness go from a technicality.

As for today, let's look at the facts:
1. The meeting did not involve the SA
2. The meeting had to be sealed
3. ICA was in the meeting in her jail area, not judge's chambers

Therefore, it could not have been a court issue that the SA has a stake in like mistrial, improper reports, perjury charges, etc. It had to do with the DT and ICA.
Then, ICA was smiling at the judge- did she make a claim to CM that JB is messing up her trial? Was there a motion filed through CM to remove JB as lead counsel on the case?
I think it is something personal involving JB and/or ICA and that CM is finally taking charge.
The fact that it was sealed makes me think JP is protecting the reputation of one or both.

Does anyone have screenshots of ICA crying right before this started? Why would she be so upset????

JMO... does anyone think that JP heard something contradictory from the DOD regarding what JA stated about Dr. Rodriquez being threatened with his job if he testified as JA had said? moo

NO

Ja & LDB were drinking water, relaxed after court was cancelled. The DT was all a-twitter. ICA crying, attorneys belly-to-belly.

Definitely DT.

Ni, I don't believe so. JA said the DoD called him and that would be easy enough to disprove - and I really don't think JA would lie on something that was so easily proved.

I dont think he is not being honest about "someone " calling him....back.

I also have no doubt that whoever it was that called him had his number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysonsmother