2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could ICA's text messaging be witness tampering?

Perhaps Lee heard about, or read texts from ICA to CA begging and/or threatening for help. Who knows.

If you think about it, Lee didn't really do or say ANYTHING on the stand to help or hurt either side. I don't think he wants ICA to die. He was struggling to be honest about HIS feelings, not much else.

My son who is 2 year, 10 months old, is 37 inches tall. He has always been in the 98th percentile for his height.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

To me the only thing odd about the photo is -why take it at all..who takes a pic of a child's backside going out the door?To bad the pic was not an up close one..I thought I read some where she has birth mark on her left back arm or am I wrong about the spot?

Caylee may have turned away quickly, or as pointed out above this could have been on her way out the door for her 2nd birthday gifts, the playhouse perhaps?

I have tons of pics of my DD from every angle, every vantage point, all mean something to me. Including the "behind" photos.

I just have this deep gut-wrenching feeling that Mason caught Baez doing something unethical, confronted/told the inmate about it, had words with Baez about it, then wanted it put on the record that he was NOT a part of it.

This is EXACTLY what I think happened. I can think of no other reason for the very odd series of events: Mason asking for the sidebar and his seeming reluctance to do so; Baez' reactions - he's always so smug, not today; Casey going back in chambers; chambers without the prosecution; chambers with everybody; Casey's reaction.

I think Casey's reaction is the biggest clue. I think she LOVES Baez. I remember reading a jailhouse letter by Casey where she says she had a crush on him. I think her reaction is an indication that her illusion of Baez as her knight in shining armor has been dashed.

I agree with this, and the thing that stands out for me aside from that is the size of the feet/shoes. They *seem* much larger than the shoes I have seen from pics of Caylee's rows of shoes.
I wonder if they collected a pair of those shoes at the home?
But then I remember the As trying to give away Caylee's shoes and that was a major bust.

Bill Sheaffer now believes jury will NOT get the case before the holiday weekend. Says it's very tough on jury. Jurors are in essence well-fed well taken care of captives. Don't forget they have been away from their families/loved ones/pets for how long now... The only benefit that this has is that a bunch of people have job security through this trial (he was joking).

Can anybody be charged for holding the poor jurors hostage?

C'mon, something big obviously happened today and most of this thread is about a picture? :twocents:

I posted yesterday there was a moment when Baez and another lawyer were blocking Casey's ability to get Mason's attention and she had a little fit... Brief but I saw it. I'm not sure at what time but it was near the end of the day. Let me see if I can find it. It has to do with the DT I believe.

Casey seemed out of her usual self this morning, the breakdown of crying and her lawyers being out back with her. Something happened regarding her team is all I can imagine.

I saw that too - looked everywhere for video and photo but no go. But she wanted to tell Mason something and was pointing at Baez furiously with a very animated/annoyed look on her face. It was during someones testimony.

I measured from the floor to the bottom of the handle on my sliding glass door and it measures 36".

CayleeSldgDr.jpg

The little girl in this image would be 34"-35" tall. How tall was Caylee?

I guess I am the only one, but I have been posting pics about this over on the Cindy Anthony testimony thread. I wonder if it's possible to have a separate thread and all the comments regarding the picture yesterday transferred to that thread.

I am really interested in this pic, because I really have doubts that it is Caylee.

I don't see how this delay can be from what the defense has or hasn't put on re: their opening statement. For one thing, they aren't finished. And for another, it is just an opening statement. If all DT's were held to their opening statements, no trial would ever move to a conclusion.

When the picture was shown in court, I paid little attention to it. I was mostly listening and not watching that carefully. These thoughts ran through my head:
*I found it odd and convienient for the defense that such a picture existed.
*I found the choice of footwear odd.
*I found it odd when Cindy said she wasn't sure when that photo was taken , yet she could remember the skirt she was wearing when she shot a video in which she does not appear.

I have no idea why court was recessed today, but I could see Cindy putting another child in one of Caylee's outfits and staging that photo. She would justify it in her mind by saying she used a child the same size as Caylee and that's how Caylee would have looked if they had taken a picture of her. So, the child may be in Caylee's clothes and the child may be Caylee's height, but if the child is not Caylee and Jose knew that he is in a boatload of trouble.

Most likely what happened today has nothing to do with the picture, though. LOL.

Hey all - wesh has all of today's proceedings up and it is VERY interesting to watch it again.

Mason calls for the sidebar and Baez goes over and tries to say something to him and shaking his head, Mason kind of pats him and continues to talk to Judge, Baez then pats him on arm and shaking his head again and asks Mason to come over to side - they both pull back a bit while Judge and prosecutors wait for them to come back....that's all I'm up to so far but whatever it is Baez doesn't want Mason saying or doing something.

Anyway, watch and let me know what you think, at approx 21.00 mins in
I watched the video and found it just as interesting to watch the defense w/ICA leave and the look on ICA's face that she appeared to be trying to control. A cross between a HUGE pout and ready to burst into tears.

This was after she quit working.

Sorry, I could never take my kid to be babysat where there is an ongoing missing child case especially when there has been cadaver dogs hitting on stuff.

Can anybody be charged for holding the poor jurors hostage?

I agree, I just cannot imagine being in their shoes. 2 weeks alone is a long time to be sequestered for a not media publicized trial, but look at where we are now and how much further to go! They are stuck in a hotel room when little Sunday journeys are not preplanned!

AHA! I think you've got it....yesterday RH and friend were talking about how there was talk where JB hinted a bombshell was to take place yesterday. Then LA got up there and failed to state whatever the "anything else" was that JB was trying sooooooo hard to get out of him. He just couldn't bring himself to blurt it out there on the stand.
BUT what if he did an affidavit and JB was trying to get it entered, without LA having to testify on the stand (which could incriminate him in molestation charges or something)......
MAYBE that is the legal issue. Can the judge take the affidavit, without having Lee testify in open court.......
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

He wouldn't have shut down court today for that. That is something that would have been argued in a motions hearing away from the jury. But if they weren't doing that there and then, the trial still would have proceeded with other witnesses.

Basically HHJP stopped the trial allowing no further testimony until this matter is resolved. That is sort of strange. If it is an issue with one witness or even a motion for mistrial, that would not necessarily prevent the trial from proceeding with other matters until it could be heard. HHJP is not going to simply leave the jury sitting in a hotel room all weekend when they could be working.

More and more that is what keeps bringing me back to thinking that it has something to do with the lawyers. It is something that would impact all further testimony and posibly prior testimony already on the record. An issue with Dr. Furten would effect just Dr. Furten's testimony. Even an issue with a discovery violation is something that could be dealt with at a later point. Today seemed to be a "go no further" moment. Could someone have appealed something to a higher court? But wouldn't we know if they had? That wouldn't be sealed.

And HHJP has been very clear at trial about not lightly sealing stuff. So it would probably have to be something involving a criminal act by someone not the defendant, a grossly unethical act by a lawyer, sex or sex charges of some sort, an issue regarding representation between the defendant and her council, medical or psych issues not put before the court as evidence.

Am I missing any?

This is EXACTLY what I think happened. I can think of no other reason for the very odd series of events: Mason asking for the sidebar and his seeming reluctance to do so; Baez' reactions - he's always so smug, not today; Casey going back in chambers; chambers without the prosecution; chambers with everybody; Casey's reaction.

I think Casey's reaction is the biggest clue. I think she LOVES Baez. I remember reading a jailhouse letter by Casey where she says she had a crush on him. I think her reaction is an indication that her illusion of Baez as her knight in shining armor has been dashed.

I truely think that Casey fired Baez today. If you read the body language of the attorneys it fits.

Ha, I just took a screen shot of that. It's the papers Baez had in his hand when they came back into the courtroom the last time, right before the judge adjourned until Monday:

5869970094_cc0b31028b.jpg

Could be a pic of the trunk but I don't really know.

The little dots look like marker flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members