2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On America's News HQ, on Fox News, they are supposed to discuss the latest with Judge Alex and their panel of 'legal experts'. Not sure exactly when, but sometime during the hour.

Give us up dates please my cable is down today where I live.

My head is spinning...you would think someone in the press would have an inkling. I'm wondering if it doesn't perhaps have something to do with JP. You don't think the DT would dare attempt to have another judge recused, do you?

This is exactly what I was thinking but I hate to make assumptions!

I work for Disney (yes, I do believe in fairies). I am sending a request to the powers that be to provide free admission to the jurors and their families to attend once this trial is over. I don't know if it will happen but I feel it would be a nice gesture to thank them for their personal sacrifice. Disney has to be careful of what the perception would be to do this.

BBM

Too bad they weren't so careful about the "perception" of what their little $250,000 "donation" to the defense fund through subsidiary ABC has bought them.

And I'm a Disney lover - just cannot conceive of what they were thinking.

My head is spinning...you would think someone in the press would have an inkling. I'm wondering if it doesn't perhaps have something to do with JP. You don't think the DT would dare attempt to have another judge recused, do you?

All I know is that JP did the "Cindy strut" when he got off the bench today..I immediately thought of her and that's not such a good thing!

I don't think it's a plea deal either. ICA thinks she is going to walk away from all this in a few weeks and be rich & famous.

IMO

UMM-I think she forgot the other charges she has to do time for,maybe I should write her and remind her.!!

I transcribed the Furton argument from this morning and added it to the others. They are up in the witness's thread under Transcribers - Do you have something to add until they get moved to their spot.

After watching the whole thing - what I found interesting was the little meeting held near the sidebar by all attorneys, but no judge. Wish I could HEAR what they were saying. It's at about the 25:00 mark at the link below.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28355927/index.html

Maybe you all have figured out what is going on while I was gone:party:

Sorry if this has been posted already...at 9.12 of court proceeding, it looks as if JB and CM are in a disagreement about something.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28355927/index.html

IMO This is the money shot of what happened today. Seconds after HHJBP's some things never change, CM called for the impromptu sidebar. Once JB realizes what CM is saying (it suprises JB) he gets CM alone. JB was not ready or uncomfortable with what CM was saying.

Watch the Judge and SA's reaction after they start coming back. They were Rolling eyes basically.

Then the DT move to chambers with judge without SA. Whatever happened here is key. It doesn't look like a plea, a request for mistrial, etc but I have no idea what it could be.

I've been googling what Chambers meetings without SA can imply and have a few leads but nothing that correlates.

I cannot however say to what my computer may do when I'm not at it. :crazy:

Will the DT claim that Rodriguez did not disclose to them that he is prohibited from testifying by the DOD and are asking for a mistrial because they need his testimony to provide a fair defense for their client? Would this call for a Brady Motion? As JB claimed loudly yesterday..."That's just it judge, we still don't know." Meaning the DT supposedly does not have confirmed knowledge as to whether Rodriguez can or cannot testify. (imo, they know he can't but are playing dumb to try to wrangle a mistrial opportunity) Would Brady here apply to Rodriguez being a DOD employee who did not disclose that he cannot legally testify to the DT?)

He has testified multiple times across the country for different SA's without a problem... why would it suddenly be an issue??

Could any of this be that Casey is mad that Mason opened the door yesterday to the stolen credit card?

Very good point! I wondered about Cindy's testimony when she said something about, "Casey's check fraud"...not the best defense team.

I don't think this warrants it's own thread but if a someone else thinks so just alert my post to a mod and ask them.

http://www.prlog.org/11557185-author-discovers-why-no-flies-on-caylee-anthony.html

apparently this author of a new book about Caylee (fiction) and concocted an experiment..well you just have to read for yourself. I'm not sure what to think. :)

Very interesting! But since the SA is not contending that it was the chloroform that killed her, I guess this assumption is just that :(

Maybe the good Judge just gave JB a serious azz kicking in private then said You know what it's Saturday and I've dealt with this same BS 5 days in a row and we are out of here.... that's what I'd do anyway! :floorlaugh:

When he came out he said something to the effect 'some things never change' so I really suspect that's what it was.

Plus the usual utter chaos behind the scenes of the defense team.

I agree. I'm watching this ams proceedings. JA got Furton's report with additional stuff that wasn't there in his earlier report, including a power point presention re chloroform. JB was trying to say that it's part of Rickenbachs report.

That's what JB was holding this morning and people took screenshots of.

Honorable Judge is PO'd.

IMO, I think CA did make the chloroform searches and I think she was doing so because CAYLEE was acting excessively sleepy, not the dogs. I think she suspected something.

There are a multitude of commonly available drugs, OTC and prescription that she as an RN would think of before making a HUGE leap to Chloroform being used as a tranquillizer. It's not even on the average medical personnel's radar.

Very good point! I wondered about Cindy's testimony when she said something about, "Casey's check fraud"...not the best defense team.

it could be,the jury was not suppose to hear that,BUT CA offered that..LDB did not ask a question to about the checks..CA just blurted it out!

After watching today's proceedings several times over, I'm convinced that CM asked to be released from the case. Not sure what the reason would be (other than an attempt to preserve whatever remains of his reputation), but it must be a damn good reason...a legally valid reason for the HHJP to allow him to quit now.

If you notice at the end of the proceedings, as the audience is filing out of the courtroom, DS approaches JA and they have a short discussion about something. Her body language and "pleading" expressions tell me that she is put out (inconvenienced) by something unexpected, something that's just recently come to her attention. My take on that is this: JA said he was on his way to depose Ken Furton. DS was the defense atty who showed up for the depo...except she wasn't supposed to be the DT member initially responsible for that witness. The composition and duties of the DT members changed after that meeting in chambers. JA's reaction is "that's not my problem".

Look at the video and you'll see what I mean.

Oh, that was contrived to look like a slip of the tongue, but it was purposeful.

Remember CA was the one that called those theft charges 'A simple misunderstanding between friends' so there is no way she would make a casual reference like that without having been instructed to.

Maybe the good Judge just gave JB a serious azz kicking in private then said You know what it's Saturday and I've dealt with this same BS 5 days in a row and we are out of here.... that's what I'd do anyway! :floorlaugh:

When he came out he said something to the effect 'some things never change' so I really suspect that's what it was.
Plus the usual utter chaos behind the scenes of the defense team.

No! That's the funny thing. The judge cannot deliver any serious *advertiser censored* kickings, no matter how well deserved in private. Anything concerning the matters before the court must be done in the presence of both sides. (besides you just know JA would never tolerate HHJP delivering a JB beat down that he doesn't get to watch).

So for this morning we know that it is not;

1. Anything involving JA or Dr. Rodriguez (all parties would be involved)
2. Anything involving Dr Furton
3. Anything directly involving JB's discovery violations with the prosecution.
4. Anything involving the Defense theory of the crime or opening statements
5. Anything directly involving any testimony given in court
6. Any evidence issues, including pictures
7. Any discovery issues
8. Any motions to dismiss, mistrial etc
9. Anything involving juror misconduct or breaking of sequestration (all parties would be involved)

With only the defense and the defendant meeting with the judge it absolutely cannot be one of those. Period! End of discussion. Judge cannot engage in ex parte comunication with one side or the other except in very very narrow circumstances. So that points us straight back at some combination of issues within the DT, be it health, ethical or issues involving representation. These are all things that would involve the defendant, her council, the judge but not the prosecution or the matters before the court.

I really wish we had some lip readers here at WS! We could probably make our assumptions a little more educated since the attys don't always cover their lips! At the end of the WFTV video, JB is just talking to DS without even trying for privacy! Meanwhile she keeps covering her mouth when responding.

Elizabeth Rogers, the lady who yelled out in court dury jury selection for the ICA case has been arrested again for passing bad cheques.

uxpir.jpg

http://www.pcsoweb.com/InmateBooking/SubjectResults.aspx?id=1459639

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members