2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindy says the same thing.

Denial?

Maybe b/c they did not actually "see" Caylee they will in their grief look for Caylee forever?

you may have something there. my ex (older son's father) suicided a few years ago. 2008 in fact. I did not go to the funeral (expense was too great, but son went) and to this day I still think of him in the present tense about half the time. I mean he is gone, I get that, the reality is there, but something in my brain keeps him going as he was last time I saw him.

I wish we knew what all happen today, miss it all. If Mason is sick I don't think Baez and Company would be mad over that if he was leaving...it looked like the defense was really really mad today and it sounds that there is more that one problem with today's proceedings.

Anyone know Why the Former PI for Baez and the Anthony's there today?
I did watch the videos and noticed that after Judge Perry said he was going wait and decide on what he would do regarding today's witness Baez starting running his mouth telling the Judge...NO Judge...this is the way it's going to be and I will alter/take out something to that effect regarding the discovery if needed and so on. I wonder if that is why the judge needed the court reporter after court today?

Or is Casey going to fire someone? Oh..so many questions.

Or is it that the Judge is over Baez breaking the rules? I noticed there was a problem with the witness they were going to call and that witness has to be deposed again today by the State.

When Ashton was asked if that was the reason the court was cut short he said it had nothing to do with the witness in question. Then if you listen closely to the end of this video Judge Perry asked the court reporter to follow him because there was something he needed her to do. :waitasec:

I am going to guess that there was something else that must be pretty serious for Judge Perry to end court early and ask the court reporter to follow him right after court was dismissed. Judge Perry looked really mad..Mason looked really Mad..but Ashton and Linda just looked aggravated.

I wish I were a fly on the wall to find out what happen. Didn't Casey at one time go back into the the Judges chambers with all the Attorney's? Or did I hear that wrong? I missed today so not sure what all happen. I wonder if Casey is asking for a plea? Any thoughts?

Sorry for all the questions :blowkiss:

Video where Judge Perry asked the court reporter to follow him, that he needed her: http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=..._center/casey-outside-0625.flv&vtitle=Lawyers

Video where Ashton said that the issue from this morning (depo that he has to do today from witness) had nothing to do with court ending early: http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=..._center/casey-outside-0625.flv&vtitle=Lawyers

OK.Someone tell me I read this wrong..but I just read ICA plea in the check fraud case and its says the max penalty is up to 65 YEARS and 65,000 in fines..WOW!! I knew she plead but had no idea the max was up to 65 yrs!!!This is from the Orlando Sentinel.

For all those who were looking for this one-

HILARIOUS!!

2n1f621.jpg

I love this. And I have to howl at Baez in the backround all perked up as if he knows they are making fun of him. Hahahaha!

I am thinking that Baez bit off more then he can chew. I think he underestimated Judge Perry.

MarkNeJameMark NeJame

Narrowed this to 2 possibilities...plea or trouble w atty on defense team. purely speculation. I think it's w atty on defense. #caseyanthony

36 seconds ago
http://twitter.com/#!/MarkNeJame

Was he not in the beginning of time working for the A's as their lawyer, what happenedn to the lawyer who was in a wheel chair, as I notice another new lawyer, do they need a lawyer, and does that not cost money??

Just wondering

DOD is Federal not State... are you insinuating that the DOD will only let him testify for a prosecutor and not for the defendant?? Just curious.

Not insinuating anything just saying what cases I can and cannot find. Wouldn't know that DOD is federal not state, I am British but live in Canada so not too up to speed on state vs federal etc. so thanks for letting me know that.

I wish we knew what all happen today, miss it all. If Mason is sick I don't think Baez and Company would be mad over that if he was leaving...it looked like the defense was really really mad today and it sounds that there is more that one problem with today's proceedings.

I did watch the videos and noticed that after Judge Perry said he was going wait and decide on what he would do regarding today's witness Baez starting running his mouth telling the Judge...NO Judge...this is the way it's going to be and I will alter/take out something to that effect regarding the discovery if needed and so on. I wonder if that is why the judge needed the court reporter after court today?

Or is it that the Judge is over Baez breaking the rules? I noticed there was a problem with the witness they were going to call and that witness has to be deposed again today by the State.

When Ashton was asked if that was the reason the court was cut short he said it had nothing to do with the witness in question. Then if you listen closely to the end of this video Judge Perry asked the court reporter to follow him because there was something he needed her to do. :waitasec:

I am going to guess that there was something else that must be pretty serious for Judge Perry to end court early and ask the court reporter to follow him right after court was dismissed. Judge Perry looked really mad..Mason looked really Mad..but Ashton and Linda just looked aggravated.

I wish I were a fly on the wall to find out what happen. Didn't Casey at one time go back into the the Judges chambers with all the Attorney's? Or did I hear that wrong? I missed today so not sure what all happen. I wonder if Casey is asking for a plea? Any thoughts?

In the video of the day from WESH, someone linked it above, you can take a look and make up your own mind. I agree that it looked like it had more to do with the DT. I believe, IIRC, ICA gets up once, goes into "chambers," comes back and then goes in one more time.

Okay, I haven't posted much today but have been reading (am supposed to be working... lol) but I DID watch at the 25:00 mark the huddle of atty's. To me, they look solemn. It looked like JA was taken aback at when CM first started taking. They all looked serious and shock-ish. FG's face was as solemn as one can get. It did look to me that CM wiped both eyes, under his glasses, first right, then left, while talking to them. Looked like a CM bombshell to me...

Hmmm...and you just brought back memory for me of when CM first start talking at sidebar, JB did the little pat on the back....

I also thought he didn't walk like the Cheney Mason I have watched leaving the courtroom in the past....(when leaving today)

BBM~~

I didnt recall that Dr. Rodrigues stated that he was co-founder of Body Farm??..IF indeed he did that under oath affidavit..then I dont blame DOD stepping foreward and making a stink..Can you imagine the repercussion for them if one of their "Expert Chemists" called to testify in the future is found to have perjured himself??..Yikes:crazy:

He did....at the beginning of him stating his qualifications to Baez when called as defense witness. Baez specifically asked him if he was co-founder and he replied yes...

I think he took the court reporter with him to tell jury court was dismissed and needed the reporter to have it on record. MOO

Well I've been wondering for awhile if JB was just dragging out all his direct and cross so he could log in more hours in some Dickensian paid-by-the-word strategy to count for his DP qualification.

But something else has been kinda bugging me all along and I hope you will indulge me. While CM certainly knows some of the details of this case, like any other member of the DT team, I'm sure JB lied and gave him a dog and pony show about a lot of things. I have a feeling that many of his DT started jumping ship when details of JB's complete and total lack of ethics were slowly discovered. If CM found out that JB did something really disgusting (other than the typical discovery violation stuff he is pulling) maybe he decided to pull the plug before this could be a mistrial. I don't think JB tells his team any more than he needs to and hopes they don't discover all his misdeeds on their own.

The SA the other day published a discovery list that included the DC depo which was taken in March, IIRC. I have a theory about that being a shot across the bow to JB by the state if he wants to go after RK. Like JA saying "bring it!" yesterday. I know that LP's insistence of a "daisy chain" left all of us nuts. But it did leave me wondering all these months. There are only two times we've seen JB lose it. One was when he wanted the jailhouse tape of him and ICA after she found out the body had been discovered completely destroyed and anyone who witnessed it permanently barred from discussing it. Allegedly she was going nuclear and he was crying. That made me think perhaps she was mad at him for something he had promised her that did not happen. The other was when DC and JH were discovered to have filmed their little expedition looking for the body. JB went ballistic and insisted on special masters for his interview and used work product privilege to try to prevent LE from even interviewing him, much less having a depo taken. I speculated like many that, if there were indeed a daisy chain, it might have come through JB, who told DC where the body was and instructed him to find someone innocuous, like a civil servant to find the body while she was still in jail. RK may have simply been given a tip by DC that there was something suspicious in that area he should look at - and maybe a reminder that there was a nice reward. So RK called it in in August, the 11, 12 and 13. Three times in a row made me think he was pretty sure. But then she gets bonded out and it all dies down. Then in mid-November suddenly DC wakes up RH and gets him out of bed saying he knows where the body is and we all know how that turned out. Then three weeks later, RK is assigned back to the area and immediately calls it in again, as if he had been reminded (let me be clear, I don't think RK is guilty of anything at all). If there were not a connection to JB in all this aftermath, why did he go on an immediate campaign to investigate RK and dig up the kind of dirt that would ruin both his character and credibility after the fact? Why did he go to such great lengths to tie the person who found Caylee's remains to the crime and use sleazy tactics to impugn his credibility? JB is gonna have to deal with the RK issue soon and the state may be prepared to bring on DC to shed light on that deal. If JB is in any way involved with that and CM found out about it at this late hour, he may have decided to completely pull the plug on him before it's too late and all of this is entered into the record and there really is reason for a mistrial. If CM's whole raison d'etre was to babysit this joker and make sure he does not jeapordize not only the defendant's rights but the taxpayers, then this would be the time he would stand up and say something. Even if he is sick.

By leaving DS out to babysit ICA during the last part of the meeting, it makes me think somehow that those who think CM is all over JB are right. I am now curious as to WHEN KB heard CM yelling coming from behind closed doors. Was it early on or later in the game? Was the SA in with them then or not? The time it occurred might be revealing. And the fact that JB jumps onto HLN saying his is DP qualified is certainly telling for either theory. Gosh I hate that we have to swim in speculation for the whole rest of the weekend. Thanks to SOTS though for giving us something interesting to watch!

bbm~

cecy, I know B Scheaffer reported that K Belich heard Cheney Mason's raised voice right at the end..and I got the impression that he had just received that info but of course don't know that for sure. I just rewatched and the defense, SA and HJBP were behind closed doors together and came out of the room at the same time. Look at ICA's face at 20 min in..looks like she is looking at JA with the most stone cold stare.. this link may default to part 1..it's in part 2..gives me chills

http://www.wftv.com/video/28356011/index.html

Great Post btw~

http://articles.cnn.com/2002-07-25/...-david-westerfield-danielle-van-dam?_s=PM:LAW
July 25, 2002

http://www.10news.com/news/1578357/detail.html
UPDATED: 6:51 pm PDT July 25, 2002

He testified in the trial of Mendum Paul Corvin but I can't find a non pay per view link for it.

Non testimonial article:

http://articles.courant.com/1992-04-04/news/0000203698_1_homicide-task-force-killings-investigators

No article available without pay per view but he id'ed remains of a 12 yr old girl that had been missing for 12 years.

That was a very quick and simple search. To be honest, I've been up now for 9 hours (have to get up here at 3 AM to catch the trial that didnt happen today! hah).

I think that the dr. referenced is the same doc. JMHO double check to make sure.

Thanks Kat. I agree it seems to be the same Dr. If nothing else, the articles you've linked at least offer an answer to the question posed below:

He has testified multiple times across the country for different SA's without a problem... why would it suddenly be an issue??

In the Danielle van Dam case, he didn't have a problem with the SA in large measure because, unlike this case, he was THE STATE'S witness.

IDK, but possibly the DOD's policy is to only allow supportive testimony FOR the government, not AGAINST the government.

Thanks so much for these. It looks to me in a couple of those like Mason is almost saying goodbye.

And with Baez calling HLN about his DP qualification (did he really do that?) I am going to say the HJJP needs to find a replacement for Mr. Mason.

No need....Ann Finnell is already a member of the defense team and SHE IS DP qualified....

MarkNeJameMark NeJame

Narrowed this to 2 possibilities...plea or trouble w atty on defense team. purely speculation. I think it's w atty on defense. #caseyanthony

36 seconds ago
http://twitter.com/#!/MarkNeJame

BBM

Yup.

Because nothing has been leaked.

If it was something bad about the State or good for the DT - then some flunky would have found a way to leak it despite the seal.

You can bet on it.

Originally Posted by gibby207 View Post
Okay, I haven't posted much today but have been reading (am supposed to be working... lol) but I DID watch at the 25:00 mark the huddle of atty's. To me, they look solemn. It looked like JA was taken aback at when CM first started taking. They all looked serious and shock-ish. FG's face was as solemn as one can get. It did look to me that CM wiped both eyes, under his glasses, first right, then left, while talking to them. Looked like a CM bombshell to me...

sorry couldnt find the original post..

Yes, and if you notice when they first walk up,. CM say's s something to JA, and JA turns and shakes his head...
could be anything, could fit in with the announcement.

I just finished watching today's proceedings for the second time and this is what I am predicting...

I think Monday is going to ANTI-CLIMATIC with us not finding out exactly what transpired today.

I find it interesting that HHJP sealed the ex parte...it is the weekend, not as if media could get copy of transcript before court on Monday morning and "break" the story before HHJP makes statement for court record. I don't think that record will EVER be unsealed.

It appears to me that Cheney Mason is leaving the defense team. I think the TRUE reasons were discussed during the ex parte, and I also think Mason is having some health issues which were discussed.

I think Monday morning is going to find us hearing HHJP announcing for the record that Cheney Mason has stepped down from the Defense Team due to health reasons, that Mr. Baez, Ms. Sims and Ms. Finnell will continue as Attys of Record, and that an instruction will be read to the jury....

I think when both sides conceded to this change in attorneys (Finnell will take over presenting defense witnesses Mason was scheduled to question) HHJP agreed to recess court for the remainder of the weekend in order to give Ann Finnell time to review depos, etc so she can continue with scheduled witnesses from today on Monday. Basically, HHJP negotiated giving up today's "work day" in an attempt to stay on schedule as much as possible next week.

I also find it interesting that Mrs. Mason attended court on Friday...first time it has EVER been mentioned she was in courtroom....perhaps to offer her husband support, but this morning was last straw for Mason?

I think we will hear announcement that Mason is out....Finnell will now be a regular attendee until deliberations...and that is all we will know.....until the first defense team member gets their book published!!!

I just can't snip this!!

I absolutely (forgive me the word) agree. I have been thinking all day that we will never get to read all that went on in chambers today. I don't know if CM is ill, but it is as good a reason as any.

Is there any word on why JS was there also?

no offense to Sims....but, she doesn't seem like someone who would be DP qualified, she doesn't really seem to appear to be someone that would be a criminal defense lawyer. She just appears very mild and meek.....but, I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover I guess. I think she looks more like a counselor or thereabouts...kwim??? jmho

It isn't Sims who is DP qualified...it is Ann Finnell. She is the older, "grandmotherly" attorney with glasses....

You may recall her from hearings...don't think she has made an appearance at trial yet as she was supposed to handle the penalty phase....

IMO This is the money shot of what happened today. Seconds after HHJBP's some things never change, CM called for the impromptu sidebar. Once JB realizes what CM is saying (it suprises JB) he gets CM alone. JB was not ready or uncomfortable with what CM was saying.

Watch the Judge and SA's reaction after they start coming back. They were Rolling eyes basically.

Then the DT move to chambers with judge without SA. Whatever happened here is key. It doesn't look like a plea, a request for mistrial, etc but I have no idea what it could be.

I've been googling what Chambers meetings without SA can imply and have a few leads but nothing that correlates.

I cannot however say to what my computer may do when I'm not at it. :crazy:

BBM

I swear mine is searching for ways to annihilate itself because it's sick of ICA too :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911