2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM~~

I didnt recall that Dr. Rodrigues stated that he was co-founder of Body Farm??..IF indeed he did that under oath affidavit..then I dont blame DOD stepping foreward and making a stink..Can you imagine the repercussion for them if one of their "Expert Chemists" called to testify in the future is found to have perjured himself??..Yikes:crazy:

It's in this link at about the 5:20 mark:

http://www.wftv.com/video/28280973/index.html

Rough Transcript:

JB: Are you a Co-founder of the Forensic Anthropology Research Facility at the University of Tennessee?

Dr. R: Yes I am.

JB: Is that also known as the Body Farm?

Dr. R: Correct

JB: How did that get started? How did you start that?

Dr. R: That was, uh, actually, uh, the idea of Dr. William Bass who was my chief mentor and professor at the, uh, University of Tennessee. We were, uh, in his office one day discussing about times since death (talks more of how they were wondering how to study it and Bass says they need to actually study the decomposition process...I didn't get all the words..but then he goes on to say:

Dr.R: He (Dr. Bass) recruited me to actually build the decomposition facility and start the first research.

JB: And you put up the fences?

Dr. R: I put up the fences, help lay the concrete, brought in the first bodies and began to conduct the very first experiments.

And then there is this article afterwards:
http://www.examiner.com/us-headlines-in-national/hln-host-asks-if-defense-witness-casey-anthony-trial-is-guilty-of-perjury
Jane Velez-Mitchell spoke about new information surrounding the credentials of Dr. William Rodriguez that she obtained from Jean Casarez, before asking Danette Myers to weigh in, “All right. Now guess what? Our Jean Casarez spoke to the head of media relations at the Body Farm, and she was told Mr. Rodriguez was not a co-founder and went on to say, "We don`t know why he said he was a co-founder on the stand.”

Jane Velez-Mitchell continued, “Danette Myers, you`re the Los Angeles assistant district attorney who prosecuted the Lindsay Lohan case, and so you`re a tough prosecutor. Should this witness be investigated as to whether or not he committed perjury? Can you hear, Danette?”

Due to technical difficulty, Danette Myers was unable to hear the question but Attorney Jeff Brown heard and answered, “Yes, absolutely. I think the judge is going to investigate this, and the question is going to become, you know, what is it that Baez knew and when did he know it?”

Jeff Brown continued, “You know, the judge has had a problem with Baez, because he`s not following the rules of evidence. He`s not following the rules of criminal procedure. And more importantly, he`s not following this judge`s very orders that were plain -- in plain English, in black and white, months ahead of time.

“So not only is the judge going to probably investigate this, but I`m telling you right now: the Florida bar will have a case opened after this case. And the judge is the one that`s going to start that. He`s going to file his complaint with the Florida bar. They`ll be looking into a lot of this.”

Dr. William Rodriguez stated that he was a co-founder of the Body Farm, located at the Forensic Anthropology Center at the University of Tennessee. http://web.utk.edu/~fac/faculty.html There is no mention of Dr. William Rodriguez as a co-founder at the site’s faculty page.

Continue reading on Examiner.com HLN host asks if defense witness in Casey Anthony trial is guilty of perjury - National US Headlines | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...hony-trial-is-guilty-of-perjury#ixzz1QKjItzWO

My opinion....

This trial has jumped the shark....

assuming most of you know the reference.

Nope, anything like that Ashton would have been in with the judge the whole time not just the DT and Casey.

I think that's been pointed out several times now,right? :waitasec:

I agree with this, and the thing that stands out for me aside from that is the size of the feet/shoes. They *seem* much larger than the shoes I have seen from pics of Caylee's rows of shoes.

test1.jpg -- this picture is rather small so you need to zoom in to see what I'm referring to here.

Just jumping off your post here...and because I've read so many posts about this picture. Thought I'd add this.

Not sure this adds anything of value but I also was curious about the picture of Caylee reaching to open the door so pulled it into Corel and used invert to create a negative of sorts.

The thing that stands out for me in the picture has nothing to do with her shoes, outfit, or height. But the outline of her left arm which is reaching up to the door handle. It appears to be drawn in to me as I don't see that in any other of her extremities. The left leg shows somewhat of a dark outline but appears to be from the door frame background and not as pronounced as her arm.

FWIW.

Casey Anthony trial: Attorneys decline to discuss why court recessed early

snip-
One theory about the abrupt recess involved some reporting by Geraldo Rivera of Fox News.

In an online posting Friday, Rivera described having lunch with defense lawyer José Baez, who "expressed deep frustration over what he believes to be rulings from the bench that limit his ability to make the abuse argument, however implausible."

Rivera also shared details about the Baez lunch with Juan Williams on "The O'Reilly Factor" television show.

He observed: "He [Baez] wanted that jury to know that those parents feared Lee Anthony was the father of that child. That's why they didn't want him involved in the baby's birth. That's where he was going. The judge stopped it."

On Friday, when objections were raised, Perry did stop Baez from inquiring about marital problems between Cindy Anthony and husband George. He also stopped a line of questioning about why Lee Anthony had, in Baez's words, "blocked" out his sister's pregnancy. The brother had earlier expressed how hurt he felt about being excluded from what was going on with Casey during that period.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-trial-day-28-20110625,0,2868459.story

Here is what I am wondering. Was there an agreement between all the DT attorneys and Casey that none of them would talk to the press without the approval or notification of the others? Strange Jose is talking to Geraldo.

snip-
One theory about the abrupt recess involved some reporting by Geraldo Rivera of Fox News.

In an online posting Friday, Rivera described having lunch with defense lawyer José Baez, who "expressed deep frustration over what he believes to be rulings from the bench that limit his ability to make the abuse argument, however implausible."

Rivera also shared details about the Baez lunch with Juan Williams on "The O'Reilly Factor" television show.

He observed: "He [Baez] wanted that jury to know that those parents feared Lee Anthony was the father of that child. That's why they didn't want him involved in the baby's birth. That's where he was going. The judge stopped it."

On Friday, when objections were raised, Perry did stop Baez from inquiring about marital problems between Cindy Anthony and husband George. He also stopped a line of questioning about why Lee Anthony had, in Baez's words, "blocked" out his sister's pregnancy. The brother had earlier expressed how hurt he felt about being excluded from what was going on with Casey during that period.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-trial-day-28-20110625,0,2868459.story

Oh my! Now as sad as it is THIS I could believe!..and I could see this is where Cheney Mason had to draw the line! Not everyone stoops to the level of the Anthonys and Jose Baez..

What do you think that the Sheriff's Deputies were talking to G-n-C about? Around the 22:03 mark. I can see the woman in front of them straining to see the deputy's face but it appears that he is actually looking at the Anthony's.

http://www.youtube.com/user/weshtv?feature=chclk#p/l/XZ_qhfMF2oM

Ok, the reason that I asked the above is,

I recognized someone in the gallery and called her to get the "scoop". I only had her home number but I spoke with her husband who said she had just phoned to tell him "something happened with Cindy Anthony, I think that she got served." That is all he knew. At that time I posted the above.

Since then, I got to talk to him again and he told me that Cindy got up and left after she was given a slip of paper by the deputy. Before she left she had a long conversation with one of the attorneys ... he says, "the really big baby faced one." lol I only saw the clip to the point where the deputy talked to the A's @app 22:03 http://www.youtube.com/user/weshtv?feature=chclk#p/l/0/XZ_qhfMF2oM

I remember a professor of mine saying that hearsay was like a big greasy cheeseburger ... So tempting, so juicy, so exactly what you want and at the same time exactly what you don't need. So, I offer it with the warning that this could be nothing or it could be something (related or not to today's events).

It is because he works for the military. They have their own set of laws. They have far more important things for him to do then running around testifying for accused murderers. One of their laws is he has to get permission and he did not do it.

Jumping off your post Dr. Fessel, thanks for it.

In the event this hasn't posted yet. Mark Hawkins in an active duty member of the Marines. When Yuri discovered who he was from ICAs emails, Yuri contacted him. Mark was represented by the local JAGs. All this was released documentation by the SAO. We have a thread on this too as well as The JAG investigation. Mark had to receive permission from JAG and his CO to fly to Orlando and speak with Yuri.

Confused here! Under what circumstances can the DT, Defendant and Judge meet privately without the state being represented.
I don't get this, I don't understand it, and I don't like it.

They can meet privately initially, if the issue is personal to the DT and or ICA. So if CM had a problem with something, like ICA wanted to testify, and JB was saying no. That is not legal, so CM might feel compelled to notify the court.
Or if Baez made a deal with Lee, and promised to drop the against him, if he would testify against his dad. CM might not want to be involved in something illegal and unethical. And the SA would not be included in the initial meeting. Only after the judge decided what to do would they be informed.

:eek: Can't Baez get in trouble for that???

I think Bill Schaeffer mentioned in his analysis yesterday that defense lawyers are kind of expected to spin the case to the media in order to make their client look better.

Yep and as he read and listened to what Baez said I think when he saw the written words he knew he had to do something right then like apologize to the court and pros. Along about the time he read...Baez say to His Honor , No we're not going to do that....

Baez is going to end up behind bars if he doesn't stop. He cannot tell the judge they're not going to do what he orders without consequences. HHJP cannot allow Baez or anybody else to keep proclaiming unsubstantiated charges of sexual abuse against George or Lee. It is HH's responsibility to put a stop to it. Baez will never get it. He's as bad as Cindy and Casey when it comes to following, or not following, rules.

snip-

bbm red

Just like JB blaming his failures on someone else.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members