2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it when an intelligent blonde is PIZZED!!!! Give it him, LDB! That's EXACTLY how it happened....much ado about nothing.

I smell a rat. Roy allegedly said that he wanted to keep the money secret from his ex-wife. I suspect that the son's involvement is associate with bitter feelings at home with mom. I just can't get past the motives here.

Did u guys catch how JBP almost begged the defense if mr sparks coukld be excused??? lmbo!

2:25

DIRECT EXAMINATION BY JB

Active Duty, U.S. Coast Guard for five years. He is in Drug intervention and search and rescue. He is out to sea for 3-4 months at a time.

In the summer to end of 2008 he had contact with his father, RK.

He lives in Seattle Washington.

In 2008 he was in Virginia Beach.

The contact with his father was mainly by cell phone.

His father would talk about the case.

OBJECTION - hearsay - SUSTAINED

His father told him something about this case.

What did he tell you? He told me he knew where the remains were.

When? This was in November of 2008. It was the time before 12/11.

On 12/11 he called and told him that it was him who found the body. He then asked RK why he hadn,t told someone before?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He would avoid the question.

Did he make any other statements about this case? No, Sir.

What was your number at the time? 609-972-5483.

HHJBP read a stipulation regarding BP's phone records. They were marked as Exhibit 71.

Did your father ever mention that he had found Caylee's skull? Yes, sir.

Was it prior to December 11? Yes.

He knew it was prior to Thanksgiving. He had told his wife and mother also.

He holds no ill will toward his father. He did not at that time.

No further questions.

CROSS EXAMINATION BY LDB

He followed the footsteps of both his mother and father by going into the Coast Guard.

On 10/5/09 he signed a statement regarding his knowledge in this case.

He agreed that he refers to the phone call in that statement.

He was then shown the phone records and asked to identify the calls made to his father. He agreed the calls are high-lighted. His father's number starts with 321. He did not believe that one was programmed into his phone. The 751 number was.

When he re-instituted contact with his father in 2008 - he did not tell his mother after he initiated the contact.

Which phone call was it in November? He did not know which phone call it was.

You did not remember it was in November of 2008 until you were reminded of that fact by your mother and wife? Yes, Mam.

That was not something you had an independent knowledge? Not until the December 11 call.

He knew the call happened, but he didn't believe it at the time.

He didn't prepare the statement, he just signed it in 2009. That was when he recalled the conversation occurred in November of 2008?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He remembered on 12/11 that he recalled the November conversation. At the time, he told him that he had urinated in the ditch and found the remains. He cannot say which call it was. He doesn't remember at all.

After December 11, he realized after talking to his wife and mother that the prior conversation occurred.

He told him the day of that that he was going to be on TV. Do you realize he did not appear on TV until December 19. Before that he wanted to keep a certain amount of anonymity.

REDIRECT EXAM BY JB

When you made the statement in 2009, that was when a Defense investigator found you?

OBJECTION - leading - SUSTAINED

He was questioned by a detective, Mortimer Smith

Has any law enforcement ever wanted to speak with you?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He has never spoken to YM. Doesn't even know who that is.

He knew nothing about this case prior to November of 2008.

OBJECTION - relevance - OVERRULED

He knew nothing about the case until 12/11.

How many calls did you have with your father in 2008? It was almost 3 to 5 calls a week.

His father has always said far fetched things.

OBJECTION - relevance - SUSTAINED

On 12/11 when your father called you, is that when you realized the significance of what his father said in November? Yes sir.

RECROSS EXAM BY LDB

Did your father tell you that he had taken the skull and put it anywhere in November of 2008. He did not tell him he had taken it from the scene. He told him that he had located the skull, contacted LE, there was a media blitz, that he was going to be on TV, that he had not seen him since he was 8 and he should look for him.

REDIRECT EXAM BY JB

Your father told you he was going to be rich and famous?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Yes sir he did.

Witness was excused at 2:44

I find Roy Kronk to be more likable than his son. His son seems to think he is too good for his father.

Cmon that's not fair. Why, because he's not giving the answers that's favorable to Roy Kronk?

MarkEiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh
George's testimony ends and with that the termination of one of the most ineffective cross examinations in the history of criminal court

Wish someone would tweet Mark E that he was under direct. Cross by JA was very effective! sheesh.

And Baez RUNS back to the podium to get the last word!

I just can't wait to see how crestfallen he is once he realizes that the State gets the last word in the Closing Arguments!

I wonder what stopped Sparks communication with his dad as of Feb. 2009.

I found this witness very believable. I don't see how this proves RK moved the body, but it does make me question RK's testimony.

He just called her Roger!! :great:

Roger is a term the military uses. My husband says it to me all the time when i ask him something. It ticks me off. It means yes. or when he hangs up phone he says out! :floorlaugh:

Baez asks "Did your father tell you he was going to be rich and famous?" Sparks: "Yes, sir. He did." Sparks excused. #CaseyAnthony
by caseyupdates via twitter at 1:45 PM

#roykronk is called back to stand. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:45 PM

Baez asks "Did your father tell you he was going to be rich and famous?" Sparks: "Yes, sir. He did." Sparks excused.
by Jessica Steck/WESH.com at 1:45 PM

#CaseyAnthony Sparks also said father told him he was going to be rich and famous. Kronk coming back up.
by bobkealing via twitter at 1:45 PM

Baez asks if #roykronk told Sparks he was going to be rich and famous. Sparks says yes. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:45 PM

#CaseyAnthony Sparks excused. Defense calls next..Roy Kronk. He's back!
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 1:45 PM

I think this guy was just telling the truth. It's sad that he got such a bashing on here for doing so.

LBD did an excellent job on cross examination of this witness, especially at the end.

When is the DT supposedly calling the grief counsler? After RK perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000