IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that makes me wonder about Lauren taking the AMOI Inhibitors. I have a friend who takes those regularly, and they seem to fall asleep after a 5 minute sitdown. Now, did any of Lauren's friends report that she was doing this? I haven't heard about anything surrounding that medication.

Here is a list of the things that people on this medication can't eat or drink -

Foods to Avoid
This list consists of foods with sufficient tyramine (in small or usual serving sizes) to create a dangerous elevation in blood pressure and which therefore should be avoided (McCabe, 1986).

Alcoholic beverages - avoid Chianti wine and vermouth. Consumption of red, white, and port wine in quantities less than 120 mL present little risk (Anon, 1989; Da Prada et al, 1988; McCabe, 1986). Beer and ale should also be avoided (McCabe, 1986), however other investigators feel major domestic (US) brands of beer is safe in small quantities (1/2 cup or less than 120 mL) (Anon, 1989; Da Prada, 1988), but imported beer should not be consumed unless a specific brand is known to be safe. Whiskey and liqueurs such as Drambuie(R) and Chartreuse(R) have caused reactions. Nonalcoholic beverages (alcohol- free beer and wines) may contain tyramine and should be avoided (Anon, 1989; Stockley, 1993).

Banana peels - a single case report implicates a banana as the causative agent, which involved the consumption of whole stewed green banana, including the peel. Ripe banana pulp contains 7 mcg/gram of tyramine compared to a peel which contains 65 mcg/gram and 700 mcg of tyramine and dopamine, respectively (McCabe, 1986).

Bean curd - fermented bean curd, fermented soya bean, soya bean pastes contain a significant amount of tyramine (Anon, 1989).

Broad (fava) bean pods - these beans contain dopa, not tyramine, which is metabolized to dopamine and may cause a pressor reaction and therefore should not be eaten particularly if overripe (McCabe, 1986; Anon, 1989; Brown & Bryant, 1988).

Cheese - tyramine content cannot be predicted based on appearance, flavor, or variety and therefore should be avoided. Cream cheese and cottage cheese have no detectable level of tyramine (McCabe, 1986; Anon, 1989, Brown & Bryant, 1988).

Fish - fresh fish (Anon, 1989; McCabe, 1986) and vacuum- packed pickled fish or caviar contain only small amounts of tyramine and are safe if consumed promptly or refrigerated for short periods; longer storage may be dangerous (Anon, 1989). Smoked, fermented, pickled (Herring) and otherwise aged fish, meat, or any spoiled food may contain high levels of tyramine and should be avoided (Anon, 1989; Brown & Bryant, 1988).

Ginseng - some preparations have resulted in a headache, tremulousness, and manic-like symptoms (Anon, 1989).

Protein extracts - three brands of meat extract contained 95, 206, and 304 mcg/gram of tyramine and therefore meat extracts should be avoided (McCabe, 1986). Avoid liquid and powdered protein dietary supplements (Anon, 1989).

Meat, nonfresh or liver - no detectable levels identified in fresh chicken livers; high tyramine content found in spoiled or unfresh livers (McCabe, 1986). Fresh meat is safe, caution suggested in restaurants (Anon, 1989; Da Prada et al, 1988).

Sausage, bologna, pepperoni and salami contain large amounts of tyramine (Anon, 1989; Da Prada et al, 1988; McCabe, 1986). No detectable tyramine levels were identified in country cured ham (McCabe, 1986).

Sauerkraut - tyramine content has varied from 20 to 95 mcg/gram and should be avoided (McCabe, 1986).

Shrimp paste - contain a large amount of tyramine (Anon, 1989).

Soups - should be avoided as protein extracts may be present; miso soup is prepared from fermented bean curd and contain tyramine in large amounts and should not be consumed (Anon, 1989).

Yeast, Brewer's or extracts - yeast extracts (Marmite) which are spread on bread or mixed with water, Brewer's yeast, or yeast vitamin supplements should not be consumed. Yeast used in baking is safe (Anon, 1989; Da Prada et al, 1988; McCabe, 1986).

Tony, don't toy with us, please. Though I have an intuition which I'm googling.

** IMO another to add to the list of possible people who may have come in contact with Lauren through just normal daily or nightly, routine activities(I.e. Restaurant employee at an establishment Lauren frequented, gym/spa attendant, etc)... May have already been listed and/or mentioned but ever since the NY brutal rape and brutal murder of the young student that was last seen leaving a neighborhood hangout type bar and vanished to only be found dead, dumped along side a highway, raped, brutality extreme in nature, I believe even her hair cut off or shaved off in some areas of her head..

And it was the very bouncer, at the very bar that was a regularly frequented several times a week by her and friends, and classmates.. The bouncer was found to be the viciously brutal rapist and murderer of this tiny young co-Ed(much like Lauren in size tho coloring exact opposite with dark hair a d dark eyes.. A stunning young woman)

So if "stranger" abduction.. And this IMO could loosely fall in this category as it would not even technically labeled an acquaintance IMO, but more just someone you are familiar with strictly in passing .. I know there at some point had even been some accusations or alleged that possibly Lauren had been kicked out or asked to leave Kilroy's due to her obvious level of intoxication.. And to my knowledge never confirmed or found to be accurate but again the thoughts of a bar's "bouncer(s)" does come to mind...

Jmo, tho!

Actually, my son does it twice weekly for over a year. He's 19.
That's how I know the code.

The bars know he's underage, and won't serve him alcohol, but allow him in with a family member as long as he orders food. Its not a loophole, its the law. He also helps the karaoke staff.

Don't worry, I'm not a bad parent. There are reasons we allow this.

There are valid reasons that someone under 21 might be allowed into a club under controlled circumstances. I seriously doubt your son could get into just any club by walking up to the door with someone claiming to be a cousin and get in though. If he's working as a DJ or a member of a band then he'd be known to the club and they would be planning for him. But I don't see Indiana nightclubs allowing minors in the bar unless they are known to them and with a specific purpose (and know they will stay away from alcohol).

Just because bars can do that doesn't mean they make a habit of it.

I just don't think this type of entry was a factor in LS getting into Sports that night.

Well if she went missing after she left the bar then the bouncer theory might make more sense. But she didn't. She is on camera after that going through the alley toward CR's apartment. And then witnesses place her at the apartment building of CR, MB and JR. So I think it's very far fetched.

We have been discussing this for a very long time, but police have already said they don't think the witness saw LS at 3:38 am. So what is the point of discussing it as if it happened?

Well...for a couple of reasons:

- “I can’t say that she didn’t see Lauren,” Qualters continued. “It does not appear that she saw Lauren at the time that was reported by other sources.”

Unless LE reveals what other more credible sources they have that contradict a sighting by this unbiased third party witness, we have reason to be skeptical.

- Also, for some, this sighting brings other points of theory together to make sense in a couple of believable scenarios.

So...for me it's going to take LE disproving the eye witness account before I can let it go.

But I don't see Indiana nightclubs allowing minors in the bar unless they are known to them and with a specific purpose (and know they will stay away from alcohol).

Just because bars can do that doesn't mean they make a habit of it.

So, you live in Bloomington?

You know, I have a real problem with someone saying that one of the POI's that we have been discussing and his friend are construction workers, then that someone runs off when asked a point blank question. Sorry, that just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

The MAOI Inhibitors are a medication all in an exclusive class of meds all by itself, for sure!!

And those that have to take MAOI Inhibitors literally CANNOT TAKE ANY OTHER MEDICATIONS(and I do mean pretty much ANY OTHER MEDS.. even meds so very benign such as Tylenol, advil type meds)..As well as is ^above^ mentioned even limited on certain foods that they cAn eat..

"IF".. And IMO it is a humongous leap to even speculate she was(but I am still getting caught up so maybe there is some type info or detail that lead to this even being thought if as possible.. That I have nit yet gotten to..).. But if infact Lauren somehow happen to be one MAOI Inhibitors then I would feel fairly comfortable thinking that if she was drinking a d using any of the speculated drugs the night in question.. That due to her combining alcohol, narcotics legal/illegal, with the MAOI.. ON TOP OF HER HAVING THE HEART CONDITION LONG QT.. I would feel comfortable in thinking that is exactly what led to her death with about 99.9% certainty..

Those that take MAOI Inhibitors truly cannot live normal, everyday, carefree lives of a partying college girl..IT JUST ABSOLUTELY IS NOT POSSIBLE.. IMO

Hope there's something tht led to this being even thought as a possibility.. It is not a common drug by any stretch of the imagination.. And those that I have ever known in my life to have ever had to take these meds at any point(only 2 ppl I have ever known of).. Both wore absolutely 100% of the time, 24/7 a medical alert bracelet with specific and detailed warnings of their taking MAOI Inhibitors in case there were ever a situation that they were not able to communicate this in any type of medical or emergency situation.. Just saying..

Hi Jupiter am still trying to get caught up from early, early this morning.. Just came to your post about the cascades park.. Followed your link to thoroughly read about it's location as well as it's size. And multiple, different types and large sized areas of interest and/or entertainment contained there at the newly 2006 renovated park..

Did you learn either way if this had been searched by public or LE or both at anytime since Lauren's disappearance?? Just wondering.. As at this point we are just literally searching for teeny-tiny Lauren as the tiniest of needles in overwhelming in sized haystacks...

**just an afterthought.. In reading about this park is there an actual waterfall in an area of the park that feeds into a large, usually fast moving stream of some type??.. Just wondering if infact an actual waterfall or just more of a man-made type of water feature of an area of the park??

TIA..

There is a natural falls. With all the rain we had this spring I imagine it was going great guns. I've not been able to verify anything about the search but I will call the BP and ask. The road that runs through the area is low lying which is which the area is called Lower Cascades. There is an Upper park area as well. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owRPr6hV9MY"]YouTube - ‪Winter Waterfall at Cascades Park‬‏[/ame]

The MAOI Inhibitors are a medication all in an exclusive class of meds all by itself, for sure!!

And those that have to take MAOI Inhibitors literally CANNOT TAKE ANY OTHER MEDICATIONS(and I do mean pretty much ANY OTHER MEDS.. even meds so very benign such as Tylenol, advil type meds)..As well as is ^above^ mentioned even limited on certain foods that they cAn eat..

"IF".. And IMO it is a humongous leap to even speculate she was(but I am still getting caught up so maybe there is some type info or detail that lead to this even being thought if as possible.. That I have nit yet gotten to..).. But if infact Lauren somehow happen to be one MAOI Inhibitors then I would feel fairly comfortable thinking that if she was drinking a d using any of the speculated drugs the night in question.. That due to her combining alcohol, narcotics legal/illegal, with the MAOI.. ON TOP OF HER HAVING THE HEART CONDITION LONG QT.. I would feel comfortable in thinking that is exactly what led to her death with about 99.9% certainty..

Those that take MAOI Inhibitors truly cannot live normal, everyday, carefree lives of a partying college girl..IT JUST ABSOLUTELY IS NOT POSSIBLE.. IMO

Hope there's something tht led to this being even thought as a possibility.. It is not a common drug by any stretch of the imagination.. And those that I have ever known in my life to have ever had to take these meds at any point(only 2 ppl I have ever known of).. Both wore absolutely 100% of the time, 24/7 a medical alert bracelet with specific and detailed warnings of their taking MAOI Inhibitors in case there were ever a situation that they were not able to communicate this in any type of medical or emergency situation.. Just saying..

Exactly, and in my friends case, who truely watched everything that he ate, one dinner out with something that just happened to be in the food, would trigger a reation so much, that he would need to call 911 and be taken to the hospital and administered drugs to counteract that reaction. So, Lauren only told JW about this? I would surely think that more had to know, especially HT who lived with her.

I googled wristlet: I don't know how to attach pics, so I'll include the link. Hope that's ok?!
Wristlets are perfect for college
After a few days, I learned that the MUST HAVE PURSES for college girls are wristlets.

I discovered the magic of wristlets when I realized toting around my purse was just not worth it. When you think about it, it really makes sense to carry a wristlet instead of a regular handbag. Here are a few reasons why:

The weights of textbooks seem to have magically doubled from high school to college. Who wants to carry around a 50 pound bag filled with everything but the kitchen sink (which was how I used to keep my purse filled) on top of your textbooks and papers?
Once classes are over with, there is still a lot of walking to be done! A 50 pound bag is not your friend in this situation.
When going out at night, the parties are usually cramped. Let’s just say the girl with the bag that takes up half the room is never a crowd favorite.

http://www.collegefashion.net/shopping/its-all-in-the-wrist-wristlet-purses-for-college-girls/

Thanks, that is what I was asking. Have we determined that it was a wristlet which likely held her cellphone? Minor point, but for me it explains leaving the cellphone behind and not retrieving it before Kilroy's closed. She might have thought it was in the wristlet. Otherwise, I'm more likely to consider her impaired. It also means that it was not likely to be in the pocket of the wrap/jacket/sweater. Small points but as the wrap has not been found aparently, it adds to discussion.

There is a natural falls. With all the rain we had this spring I imagine it was going great guns. I've not been able to verify anything about the search but I will call the BP and ask. The road that runs through the area is low lying which is which the area is called Lower Cascades. There is an Upper park area as well.

On another forum one of the posters said he joined in a few of the searches, and found a half of a bra in Cascades park. Since its just a crime forum, I take it with a grain of salt. I'm also not surprised that was found there. Its a good area for lovers to go make out at night, and finding this sort of thing there is not what I could call surprising. Presumably if it was Laurens, we would have read about it in the news.

A co-worker said he saw the evidence team down at Cascades during the first week of the search.

I don't know how well the search was done at Cascades Park.

Just want to point out that although the focus has been on CR, JW and JR as POIs doesn't mean that there aren't more POI's that we don't know, such as AB, ZO, etc.

I may have misremembered this, but I thought that CR said that he actually had his suspicions about who was involved.

I did a youtube search of CR and saw an interview of his lawyer where he said that the altercation in Smallwood was due to the fact that Lauren's friends thought she should hang with them and not CR (i.e. these were friends of both JW and LS). So this "other tier" of friends is who LS's parents may be referring to as being too silent, but the media has singled out JR in particular and also JW and CR.

Just my speculation (JMS).

Exactly, and in my friends case, who truely watched everything that he ate, one dinner out with something that just happened to be in the food, would trigger a reation so much, that he would need to call 911 and be taken to the hospital and administered drugs to counteract that reaction. So, Lauren only told JW about this? I would surely think that more had to know, especially HT who lived with her.

HT said she didn't know of long qt syndrome.

On another forum one of the posters said he joined in a few of the searches, and found a half of a bra in Cascades park. Since its just a crime forum, I take it with a grain of salt. I'm also not surprised that was found there. Its a good area for lovers to go make out at night, and finding this sort of thing there is not what I could call surprising. Presumably if it was Laurens, we would have read about it in the news.

A co-worker said he saw the evidence team down at Cascades during the first week of the search.

I don't know how well the search was done at Cascades Park.

I've heard Cascades Park is spooky & nasty. I've never been there myself. Finding half of a bra doesn't surprise me at all based on what I've heard about the place. BUT finding half of a bra when we are searching for missing lady does seem important. I am not sure we would be privy to this info either.
Seems like they are keeping a lot of info from us. Like many have said, they are either scratching their heads or are zeroing in on specific peeps are don't want to jepordize the investigation. Who knows. Very frustrating. I am afraid people will forget now........

I wouldn't suspect JW of hurting Lauren and I am not accusing him of being involved in her disappearance. However, I have a difficult time reconciling that there was enough of a stir for an altercation at Smallwood, she may have been impaired, he was unable reach her; and yet, he did not go out and try to find her when he was so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB