2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so then if the check charges took up the time from summer 2008 thru Jan 2010, she ONLY has a year and a half of 'time served' left to count toward these new convictions... right?

Sounds to me like the judge has discretion on whether he will let that time count also towards these 4 convictions. For her to get out in July/Aug like he said, he must be count that time as well, not starting with Jan 2010. Although, he did mention that he'd have to look at her prior conviction and see about that time, so maybe he hasn't looked at all of it very carefully yet.

I will never understand how that works. My brain says if it is new charges, you do the new time. I don't think she should get credit for time served because it is for a completely different reason. (checks)

I disagree. She was convicted and sentenced and should be in GP like any other criminal who was convicted of the same crimes. She shouldn't be getting special privileges anymore.

(Not being scarky at all, so please don't think that) While I understand the way you feel and I feel the same myself, they won't take a chance and that is the way the law is written. Especially since she is not allowed to run out of the building and could very well be in handcuffs at anytime, leaving her unable to really defend herself, it is what it is and I don't see them taking any chances with her. I am trying to get in touch with a friend of mine who works in criminal justice down in FL and he was explaining to me that if she had been convicted, she would have probably had her name changed and been moved to a different state, as long as her sentence wasn't death because down there in FL (and some other states) when you are high profile and in danger they will do whatever they can to protect you. No one has to like it, but it is what it is.

ETA: And I didn't say any of that to rile anyone up or troll. Just would rather people have the most accurate information possible on why things are the way that they are. I don't agree with them either.

So....wasn't she just given a year sentence as of TODAY??? So I can't figure out how she'd get out in July/Aug???

I really hope there will begin to be a backlash against the DT. Not for defending their client but for how they did it and there actions afterwords. One lady they showed said ICA not getting out today is a small measure of justice and at least she isn't going to be popping the champagne with JB today.

And if you really think about it, Florida taxpayers will pay for the <modsnip> attorney for her appeals!

What a crock of ****.

As hurt and angry as we all are over this I completely understand the frustration, I for one am blood thirsty right now. But I can't justify your finger pointing behavior. The main page and it's poll as to who the most important witness for the defense to me is downright sickening.

If anybody should be blamed for the outcome of this trial. It's YOU. It's every single person who so fanatically followed this case, COMPLETELY blinded by emotions. You were the people that fueled Nancy Grace and the entire media to portray Casey as a parasite to humanity (of which she undoutedly is). The only reason the State of Florida pursued a 1st degree murder charge on scarce evidence and Casey's own behavior is because they saw that people like you around the nation absolutely believed her guilt - and it would be a SLAM DUNK case regardless of how weak and circumstantial the evidence is.

You were so blinded with emotions that you lacked realism, logic, and reasoning. It's those factors that convict criminals, NOT emotions and assumptions.

Humanity and morality failed on Tuesday, that of which I am sure. As rough as it is to say - the Orange County Judicial System did not. What we chose to exist as a judicial system did it's job as written in the book of law.

But before you blame the jurors, the judge, the prosecutors, the defense, or even the witnesses. Look in the mirror at the fanatical zealot staring back at you. Because to me, you are the ones responsible (and maybe a little Nancy Grace).

Take care and try not to ruin civilization too much with your prayers and follow-your-heart mentality.

Iassen

Stunned. Just, stunned.

Oh well.

Karma never fails :)

What a crock of ****.

As hurt and angry as we all are over this I completely understand the frustration, I for one am blood thirsty right now. But I can't justify your finger pointing behavior. The main page and it's poll as to who the most important witness for the defense to me is downright sickening.

If anybody should be blamed for the outcome of this trial. It's YOU. It's every single person who so fanatically followed this case, COMPLETELY blinded by emotions. You were the people that fueled Nancy Grace and the entire media to portray Casey as a parasite to humanity (of which she undoutedly is). The only reason the State of Florida pursued a 1st degree murder charge on scarce evidence and Casey's own behavior is because they saw that people like you around the nation absolutely believed her guilt - and it would be a SLAM DUNK case regardless of how weak and circumstantial the evidence is.

You were so blinded with emotions that you lacked realism, logic, and reasoning. It's those factors that convict criminals, NOT emotions and assumptions.

Humanity and morality failed on Tuesday, that of which I am sure. As rough as it is to say - the Orange County Judicial System did not. What we chose to exist as a judicial system did it's job as written in the book of law.

But before you blame the jurors, the judge, the prosecutors, the defense, or even the witnesses. Look in the mirror at the fanatical zealot staring back at you. Because to me, you are the ones responsible (and maybe a little Nancy Grace).

Take care and try not to ruin civilization too much with your prayers and follow-your-heart mentality.

Iassen

Wow, you couldn't be any more wrong.

But I still don't understand why the time served and good time were not already prepared, as this was always an option that he would give the 4 years...
I find that odd also. Typically this figure has already been calculated.

Right but until Jan 2010, the time was for the check charges, then it should start over from there...

Maybe he is thinking it will be considered concurrent? On the other hand, I thought that a person could get up to half of their sentence eliminated on the basis of good behavior. If that is true, then she would only have 2 years to serve.

WITSEC is only for witness's.... she is not a witness. She is a convicted felon.

"In Plain Sight" is my FAVORITE show!!

Mary Shannon would chew her up and spit her out!

Judge Perry how could you not bust a gut when you ask if she could afford an atty.

Witness protection is only for peole who will be a witness in a criminal case against someone who may try to kill or harm them due to their testimony. KC does not fall in that category.

More of our tax dollars at work?!

Thankfully she is not covered under witness protection. She is neither a victim or a witness under the Florida guidelines.

The federal guidelines also requires the protected individual to be a witness.

The Statewide Prosecutor or State Attorney may determine whether an identified victim or witness at risk of harm is critical to a criminal investigation or prosecution. If the victim or witness at risk of harm is deemed critical, the Statewide Prosecutor or the State Attorney may certify that the person(s) receive protective services.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content...f-9b14-4fd7dc79e03b/ViolentCrimeCriteria.aspx

I'm wondering if they don't already know the time.........maybe a plan to fool media and crazy peeps?

She can't wait to DRIVE again she said to Simms..Wonder what else she can't wait for? I'd love to see her list!

Is she going to drive her Pontiac Sunfire???:maddening:

Okay, all my suspicions have just been proven correct.

CA has been in cahoots with Jose Baez and the defense team all along.

Did you see Baez give CA the "victory sign" this morning and her smile. That's just saying, see we did it. I told you we could muddy the waters enough to get an acquittal.

We have all been bamboozled. The Anthony's, well Cindy at least has worked closely with Baez and followed the script. They gambled and they won.

I hope the whole family rots in he&&!

If LE can prove that the A's and JB were scheming together can they be charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500