Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That caught my eye, too. Were they there at the time, and what are their ages, does anyone know? I think I remember the sister is 13.

According to an article posted in the 1st thread yesterday afternoon, the aunt stated to media that KL (the sister) had spent the night at a friend's house and it was likely that Celina would have slept on the couch, as she was afraid to sleep in the basement bedroom by herself.

But later reports state that it appeared that Celina slept in her bed at least part of the night. Not sure what they are basing that one though. I know when I was that age, my bed was always a rumpled mess.

I do not wish to derail the conversation on finding CC, but I did want to offer a different perspective on the area in which CC lived.

Disclaimer: I live in a large Midwest town (Kansas City). I have never been to the North Country; I've never even been to New England, except for a brief childhood trip to Boston. So, I do not want to negate anything anyone has previously stated regarding northern NH/VT. You would have much better first-hand knowledge! But, I did want to point out some statistics and observations for some added context and a different perspective.

I quickly researched Stewartstown and Canaan on City Data. Both of these towns are poorer than average, and only 68-69 percent of residents graduated high school, which is pretty low.

That said, I do not believe these towns are terribly poverty-striken – at least if you review statistics. I know that Kansas City is a very different town with a very different environment, so I’ll be using KC as a comparison for context only.
For example:

Unemployment: Stewartstown- 6.5%; Canaan- 5.5%; KC: 9.6%
Avg. Household Income: Stewartstown- $38K; Canaan-$43K; KC: $42K
% Residents Under Poverty Level: Stewartstown- 11.5%; Canaan- 14.3%; KC: 16.7%

Also, interesting to note that Coos County (Stewartstown’s county) has 14 grocery stores and 30 convenience stores, which, considering population, are both well above average compared to NH as a whole.

Again, I’m only sharing this information to show a different perspective… I do not know what it’s like to live there! :)

Praying for a safe return of CC!!

That caught my eye, too. Were they there at the time, and what are their ages, does anyone know? I think I remember the sister is 13.

BBM

As reported earlier, CC's half-sister was spending the night at a friend's house that night.
It was also reported the aunt said that CC didn't like to sleep in her basement bedroom
when her sister wasn't there & would have slept on the couch in the LR that night.

* "Celina is a young girl who is afraid and needs to be home with her family and friends," said family friend Kirsten Lyons.

* Friends and family described the girl as a shy fifth grader who would never run away or leave with a stranger.

* "She never went anywhere without her mom and sister," family friend Rebecca Goodrum, 30, told The Associated Press.

* Cass was last seen at her home Monday night. Investigators say there's no indication she ran away or someone took her, nor are there signs of a struggle.

* Her stepfather, Wendell Noyes, said Wednesday Celina is a quiet girl and would not leave home on her own.

* "She is very shy," said Kayla Baglio, 18, who knows her, too. "If she doesn't know you, she'd look at her sister to see if it was OK to talk to you."

* Everybody knows everybody, everybody loves everybody. Everybody takes care of everybody.

I took the above clips from various news articles... I am confused about a few things...

The SF states that "Celina is a quiet girl and would not leave home on her own."
Yet he makes the statement about "getting her butt home", implying that she went off on her own??

There are multiple statements saying that Celina if AFRAID. What/Who is she afraid of? She won't sleep in her room alone for some unknown reason, she looks to her sister to see if its OK to talk to a stranger even in a town where "everybody knows everybody", etc..

That doesn't sound like a girl who would talk to a stranger on the internet and go off alone to meet them for the first time. If she had met someone on the internet who posed as a "friend" I think it would take time to earn her trust. I think she would have mentioned something about a new "friend" to her sister since they are so close.

If she is so scared why would she go off alone at night to walk?? I really don't think she would.

LE has said there was no sign of forced entry or a struggle. That leads me to believe it was someone she knew / trusted.

Since we now know about SF's criminal past, I wonder if there were arguments/disturbances that might have been heard by people who rent the other apartments in the house?

Is it possible LE knows who is involved and is just watching/ waiting for them to make a move so they can find her?

Also, I think the reason the mother is not talking is partly guilt. She had to of known about her husbands past and there probably is some doubt in her mind about his involvement (even if its just a fleeting thought in her mind that it could be possible for him to do something), and she is feeling guilting for bringing someone with that history around her girls. I think whenever something like this happens, the parents always feel some guilt even if they have no involvement. They feel they should have seen something, anything. They should have heard something, etc...

Just my opinion...

The RCMP has joined American local, state and federal police in a desperate search for an 11-year-old New Hampshire girl who vanished Tuesday from her home near the Canadian border.

Celina Cass was last seen sitting at her computer in her bedroom Monday night in West Stewartstown, N. H. , three kilometres from the border with Quebec and a short walk from the border with Vermont.

“Right now, it’s dialogue with the Canadian authorities because of the location. We’re marshalling forces,” said Young.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...c-search-for-missing-girl-extends-into-canada

Reports are the family wants privacy and they are hidding under blankets? That's suspicious to me. If my child was missing I would be out in front of the cameras not hidding under blankets.

According to an article posted in the 1st thread yesterday afternoon, the aunt stated to media that KL (the sister) had spent the night at a friend's house and it was likely that Celina would have slept on the couch, as she was afraid to sleep in the basement bedroom by herself.

But later reports state that it appeared that Celina slept in her bed at least part of the night. Not sure what they are basing that one though. I know when I was that age, my bed was always a rumpled mess.

I do not think that Celina slept in the living room that night. Her parents would have seen bedclothes there if she had slept on the sofa. And it was stated that her SF went to her room to wake her. I am thinking that the parents must have told LE that her bed had been made before she went to sleep.Otherwise, how could LE state that she had been sleeping in the bed at some point ? So I am thinking that the sequence was that she went to her room, and was playing on her computer. We have never been told what the last website was that she was looking at... Then,presumably, she went to sleep in her bedroom... All is MOO

* "Celina is a young girl who is afraid and needs to be home with her family and friends," said family friend Kirsten Lyons. .........
Also, I think the reason the mother is not talking is partly guilt. She had to of known about her husbands past and there probably is some doubt in her mind about his involvement (even if its just a fleeting thought in her mind that it could be possible for him to do something), and she is feeling guilting for bringing someone with that history around her girls. I think whenever something like this happens, the parents always feel some guilt even if they have no involvement. They feel they should have seen something, anything. They should have heard something, etc...

Just my opinion...
Above comment snipped by me for space.
BBM

Your post made me think of the reports that the SF was the one who checked on CC around
9:00 pm & reported that she was at her computer... I'll assume that was in her basement bedroom.

Some WSers here (me included) have made comments & questioned why the SF checked on her at
night and then went to wake her in the morning.

"Why wasn't it the mother checking & waking up?" some asked.

Since then, it has been reported that CC's mother is at times in a wheelchair. Even when she isn't
confined to her w/c, I'm sure she has trouble getting up & down basement stairs.... thus the reason
SF does the checking on & awakening of the kids. MOO

Reports are the family wants privacy and they are hidding under blankets? That's suspicious to me. If my child was missing I would be out in front of the cameras not hidding under blankets.

I would too, but other people are made up differently. You have to consider that some people actually die in situations like this - they literally get so upset they drop and die. Considering what others are saying about Celina's reclusive behavior, it may be that her mother also has that condition and the struggle of having a missing child is causing her to have such overwhelming anxiety and panic that she's doing the best she can just to live through the day. She may be in such physical torment right now that she literally can't function.

Hey all,
Sorry if I got OT and stirred things up a bit. I just got my hair (what little I have) up a bit from a few posts that kind of insinuated the girls teeth, and having a basement bedroom were signs of neglect and/or abuse.

If you've followed the WMUR links posted by others, you'll see that the terrain up here is not easy to find someone in. You could be three feet from someone in an overgrown hayfield or woods and have to step on them to know they were there. Lowering the river has mixed advantages. It makes the banks and bottom easier to see, but it increases the flow and velocity while doing so, so if there is a body it more quickly get hung up at the next dam, and it will often get trapped down below where it can't be seen.

I sure hope they find her camped out at a friends or relatives house.

It has been reported that mother is at times in a wheelchair. Even when she isn't confined to her w/c, I'm sure she has trouble getting up & down basement stairs.... thus the reason SF does the checking on & awaking of the kids. MOO

SBM

Can you please direct me to the reports that LN was often times in a wheelchair? I had seen that she was in a wheelchair for the vigil, but just thought that it was likely due to a weakened condition over grief and worry for her daughter, not that she had a medical condition.

Has anybody had a chance to look into her IMVU connections. She is young for being in an IMVU site .......... shades of Zahra Baker's father and SM Elisa and their use of IMVU. A few of us WSers ventured into the IMVU site and had varying experiences (some scary). Than again we don't really know how extensively she was using IMVU.

Possibly she met somebody via the IMVU site that is listed on her fb page. Hopefully she just wandered into a camp and is holed up there for a break.

Has anybody had a chance to look into her IMVU connections. She is young for being in an IMVU site .......... shades of Zahra Baker's father and SM Elisa and their use of IMVU. A few of us WSers ventured into the IMVU site and had varying experiences (some scary). Than again we don't really know how extensively she was using IMVU.

Possibly she met somebody via the IMVU site that is listed on her fb page. Hopefully she just wandered into a camp and is holed up there for a break.

IMVU does have games and things - I think I remember an America's Next Top Model one specifically. I checked it out during the Zahra Baker case. Experiences definitely vary, but she could be playing games rather than frequenting the more "adult" areas.

the FOX story was nothing, they finally just aired it and it was about 15 seconds long...

all they mentioned was that the FBI and RCMP are now involved in the case...

SBM

Can you please direct me to the reports that LN was often times in a wheelchair? I had seen that she was in a wheelchair for the vigil, but just thought that it was likely due to a weakened condition over grief and worry for her daughter, not that she had a medical condition.

It was one of the news reports or the live streaming that said she was in a wheelchair. I'll look for it.
It did not mention the reason for a w/c. Could be a number of things.... weight, stress, medical issues.
I didn't say that she was often in a w/c.

Another report, I'll look for it also, stated that/showed her walking away from her house, wrapped in a blanket.

I wonder if Louisa has MS or a related condition. The video of her walking with the blanket, she seemed to need more than emotional support - she was actually kind of being half-carried. That would explain the sometimes need for a wheelchair or support.

If you google Louisa Noyes wheelchair you can find many references to the fact that she was in the wheelchair at the vigil.

Another comment on far northern NH/VT: I have visited this area and have spent a decent amount of time in northern NY state, which is very geographically/economically similar. The closest Wal-Mart is at least an hour's drive away from Stewartstown. The closest interstate is at least 30 miles away. The roads servicing the area are typically 2 lane highways that may be in poor condition due to the harsh winters. The cost of living is low, sure, but there is no economy to speak of - some tourism, and grocery stores, a few medical professionals and teachers and public works people - generally, people are employed in fields that provide the bare minimum of what you need to survive in an area. Health insurance may not be common and even if Medicaid is used, it may be extremely difficult to find a dentist who participates. I'm sure Celina is not the only kid in her school that could use some orthodontic or dental care.

That said - I was wondering why is she afraid of sleeping on her own? Has her stepfather targeted her in the past? Could she have taken off into the woods on her own, to escape him? Maybe she's hanging out in a barn like Isabella O. was, only to get away from her SF, not from bullying. (I hope. But who knows at this point.)

Here are 2 photos of the Noyes home taken from the link just above...

NoyesHome.jpg

NoyesHome2.jpg

And here is a photo from the other direction, snagged from Google Street View...
NoyesHome3.jpg

Wow I bet that home was glorious in it's heyday (sic), sorry not a good speller this morning, on my phone.

That seems to be a pretty big house, I'm pretty sure if I was an 11 year old girl who usually shared a room, I wouldn't sleep on another floor as my mom if my roomate ( sorry her sister ) stayed the night out. I too would sleep near my parents, especially because there is multiple families living in this giant house.

Kinda scary IMO.

Praying praying and praying a little bit more for Celina.

From the above link:

"Noyes’ girlfriend at the time, told authorities he had broken into her home while she was sleeping and entered her bedroom.

He then slammed her mattress up and down to wake her and threatened to throw her down the stairs."

I hope this wasn't the way he normally woke up CC
&/or the others in his household!

I mentioned this very detail in an earlier post. Despite whatever mental ailments/disorders he has, this alone shows that he IS capable of planning (premeditating) and carrying out something. And I'd wager he knew it was wrong, or else he would not have sneaked in. He seems to also be physically able to really wield some power. Being "off" in some areas doesn't seem to inhibit ability to mastermind other things.

I just get the feeling that this girl is very close to home. They'd better be dismantling every piece of lumber in that old (<--presumably) house. I keep thinking of Jessica Lunsford and others who were right under their noses while all these intricate searches were being conducted elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix