Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

There's something I've been wondering...Ron made his deal and promised to be truthful. Say he is truthful, but in the process, it comes out that he has, for example, previously lied and deliberately hindered the investigation. Can he be charged with those crimes or does his deal protect him? moo.

Sorry dodie, I misunderstood your question when I responded earlier.

Ron's plea agreement does not protect him from anything. All it did was remove the two most serious drug charges. To get that, he had to agree to full cooperation at all times with SA/LE plus testify in a trial for Haleigh if there ever is one.

Ron's deal is not sweet at all. If he lies or refuses to cooperate, his whole world could come crashing down around him...if the SA decides to pursue it. As for previous lies and hindering investigators trying to find Haleigh, Ron can be charged if the SA sees fit. If they have a charge they can prove, they can file that charge at any time up until the statute of limitations runs out on the offense. The plea agreement will not protect Ron against such charges.

It all boils down to what the SA can prove and then if they choose to pursue it. They may just figure Ron will serve at least 12.75 years for his drug convictions--way more time than he would get for hindering an investigation--and not bother with him anymore.

Sorry dodie, I misunderstood your question when I responded earlier.

Ron's plea agreement does not protect him from anything. All it did was remove the two most serious drug charges. To get that, he had to agree to full cooperation at all times with SA/LE plus testify in a trial for Haleigh if there ever is one.

Ron's deal is not sweet at all. If he lies or refuses to cooperate, his whole world could come crashing down around him...if the SA decides to pursue it. As for previous lies and hindering investigators trying to find Haleigh, Ron can be charged if the SA sees fit. If they have a charge they can prove, they can file that charge at any time up until the statute of limitations runs out on the offense. The plea agreement will not protect Ron against such charges.

It all boils down to what the SA can prove and then if they choose to pursue it. They may just figure Ron will serve at least 12.75 years for his drug convictions--way more time than he would get for hindering an investigation--and not bother with him anymore.
This is what I was kind of thinking and the 15 years almost solidifies that belief, IMO. I don't know how much thought went into the sentencings, some people think not much, I happen to think a lot. IMO, LE wanted them in prison long enough to punish them for their respective roles in Haleigh's disappearance, and 15 years seems about right for someone who hindered an investigation...but I could be way off here, and the sentences may be drug related only. In the long run, I don't guess it matters. If Ron isn't directly involved, and he does honor his end of the plea, I don't really expect LE to file any new charges against him. IMO, they'll be satisfied with the truth and the 15 years.

RONALD CUMMINGS' APPEAL DENIED. Lower court decision affirmed 5/24/2011.

---------------------

Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal Docket

Case Docket
Case Number: 5D11-813
Final Criminal 3.800 Notice from Putnam County

RONALD CUMMINGS vs. STATE OF FLORIDA

Lower Tribunal Case(s): 10-145-CF-52, 10-146-CF-52, 10-253-CF-52

Date Docketed Description Date Due Filed By Notes
03/11/2011 Notice of Appeal Filed Pro Se - Appellant
03/11/2011 REC-3.800 SUMM DENIAL
03/23/2011 Initial Brief on Merits Pro Se - Appellant
03/25/2011 ORD-Appellee to file Response-3.800 04/14/2011 W/I 20DAYS;ATTYS EMAIL RESPONSE IN COMPLIANCE WITH AO5D08-01
04/14/2011 Motion To Compel Appellee "MOT EOT FILE RESPONSE PER 3/21ORDER"
04/15/2011 ORD-Granting Motion to Compel 05/05/2011 W/I 20DAYS LOWER COURT CLERK SERVE COPY OF SUMMARY ROA ON AE;RESPONSE W/I 20DAYS OF SERVICE OF SUMM RECORD
05/09/2011 RESPONSE Appellee PER 4/15ORDER
05/24/2011 Affirmed - Per Curiam Affirmed

So glad he was denied! If he any any pull or importance this wouldn't have happened. Seems they really want to keep Ronald in custody.jmo

I was gonna say ...I didn't think you could appeal a plea .
MOO
I really don't think Ron had anything to do with Haileigh disappearing . Misty would have sold him out ages ago to get out of jail .

Thanks for the explanation KRK ..Much appreciated . There is so much I need to catch up on

What is he doing appealing anyway? I thought he said he went to prison in order to search for the perp responsible for Haleigh's disappearance, or some such justification. Obviously he hasn't found that person yet so why does he want out so desperately?

What is he doing appealing anyway? I thought he said he went to prison in order to search for the perp responsible for Haleigh's disappearance, or some such justification. Obviously he hasn't found that person yet so why does he want out so desperately?

No mirrors in prison? That's all he needs to find the responsible person.

I was gonna say ...I didn't think you could appeal a plea .
MOO
I really don't think Ron had anything to do with Haileigh disappearing . Misty would have sold him out ages ago to get out of jail .

bbm, I totally agree. JMO

Oh, give it up Ron, ....Years ago with your heroin, GHB nab in So. Fla. you had the chance to become a legitt drug informer & you blew it with your own addictions.

Shooting drugs between your toes....ewwwww!

Oh, give it up Ron, ....Years ago with your heroin, GHB nab in So. Fla. you had the chance to become a legitti drug informer & you blew it with your own addictions.

Shooting drugs between your toes....ewwwww! How pathethic!

Oh, give it up Ron, ....Years ago with your heroin, GHB nab in So. Fla. you had the chance to become a legitti drug informer & you blew it with your own addictions.

Shooting drugs between your toes....ewwwww! How pathethic!

Re: Ron's shooting up drugs between his toes.

I would like to read about this.. Would you post a link to where this Info came.

Re: LE offering Ron to be a drug informant for LE.. But Ron's drug addiction blew this opportunity..

I, too am very interested to read more about this as well.. Could you please post a link to this info or point me in the direction of where this particular information can be found..
TIA

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

Re: Ron's shooting up drugs between his toes.

I would like to read about this.. Would you post a link to where this Info came.

Re: LE offering Ron to be a drug informant for LE.. But Ron's drug addiction blew this opportunity..

I, too am very interested to read more about this as well.. Could you please post a link to this info or point me in the direction of where this particular information can be found..
TIA

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

Not that is shocking that someone who has been getting arrested for years for drugs is a user, he admitted it. I know Levi Page contributes here and he had a friend of Mistys on and he said Misty told him Ron shoots up threw his feet, which is totally something he would do since hes a sneaky manipulative felon drug addict, so maybe Levi can shed some light on this?

I dont think Ron was a legit informant, I see him more of the ego driven drug addicted loose talker, I think he liked the LE attention because he felt important narking people out, so he could continue to do his drugs and not get in trouble.jmo

So glad hes locked up.

I believe the shooting up between his toes came from Misty. Can't remember if interview or if it was during a visit.

I can't look for a link now. Please anyone who remembers please take a look for a link.

I believe the shooting up between his toes came from Misty. Can't remember if interview or if it was during a visit.

I can't look for a link now. Please anyone who remembers please take a look for a link.
It goes back to Charlie J on Levi's show again. According to CJ, Misty told him Ron started shooting up a week before Haleigh disappeared. Misty allegedly told CH that Ron was shooting up in his ankle. Stacy Dittrich was a guest that night, and she speculated that Ron was doing heroin because heroin users shoot the drug in their ankles and between the toes.

The discussion begins at post 119 in this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4805950&highlight=ankle#post4805950

I wonder if Levi's show's are archived that far back. I'll check.

ETA: Here's the link to Levi's interview with Charlie J. that aired on February 12, 2010.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/02/13/fugitive-fridays

It goes back to Charlie J on Levi's show again. According to CJ, Misty told him Ron started shooting up a week before Haleigh disappeared. Misty allegedly told CH that Ron was shooting up in his ankle. Stacy Dittrich was a guest that night, and she speculated that Ron was doing heroin because heroin users shoot the drug in their ankles and between the toes.

The discussion begins at post 119 in this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4805950&highlight=ankle#post4805950

I wonder if Levi's show's are archived that far back. I'll check.

ETA: Here's the link to Levi's interview with Charlie J. that aired on February 12, 2010.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/02/13/fugitive-fridays
Thanks for posting the links. I remember that now. Misty allegedly saw Ron shoot drugs, and allegedly told Charles Jones, who then stated it on the show. Charles also said he thought "Misty had something to do with it" and "her story changes every ten seconds". This is the same guy from the "road rage" incident where we heard the 911 call and iirc he was asking if he was able to shoot Ron. Same one Misty stated left threatening messages on her cell phone and tried to run her and Ronald off the road. I don't believe a word Charles Jones said. JMO

I believe everything Charles J. says. He is the only one in this whole darn case that has the moxy to go up against the likes of rc. Everyone else seems afraid of cummings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back