GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA Felony Murder

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-1/

edited to add:

(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

bessie-is the fact that it is felony murder and not something else significant? Does it indicate what they think happened?
O.C.G.A. 16-5-1 (2010)
16-5-1. Murder; felony murder

(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life.
Does this help? Felony murder indicates murder was not the original intent, but during the execution of another crime, a felony, the murder occurred.

I have just felt very confident in this LE all along, and more so since last week's brief PC. I hope they have good strong evidence and the community can be at peace.

Big sigh of relief. I can't wait to hear more details. I hope her friends and family sleep a tad bit better tonight.

Thanks guys! That is intriguing. I wonder what scenario they have put together. I am assuming the evidence has to be pretty good since they officially charged him. It just feels like this case should have absolute tons of evidence-

And so justice finally begins to take it's course..
Prayers for Lauren's many loved one's through what is going to be an extremely difficult but necessary time..

Thanks guys! That is intriguing. I wonder what scenario they have put together. I am assuming the evidence has to be pretty good since they officially charged him. It just feels like this case should have absolute tons of evidence-
We'll have to wait to hear the charges to get an idea of how the alleged murder took place. I'm sure the reporters are working on gathering that information now.

ETA:
A news conference is scheduled for 2 p.m. Wednesday in the COMPSTAT Room of Macon Police. The news conference is expected to include an update on the Giddings homicide investigation and other topics, stated a Macon Police news release issued late Tuesday night.
spacer.gif
Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/02/1652998/mcdaniel-charged-in-murder-of.html#ixzz1Tvo9bhga

It says that there will be a press conference tomorrow at 2PM.

I'm surprised they released the news by updating the inmate search site only, and didn't make a statement to the media or anything. Is that how things are usually done in such high profile cases? And now they're not having a press conference until tomorrow afternoon?

I guess I did not expect to feel so sad. It just hit home that this was such a senseless murder. They were both in the prime of their lives. I hate this for everyone. I hate this for both families. I really do.

And so justice finally begins to take it's course..
Prayers for Lauren's many loved one's through what is going to be an extremely difficult but necessary time..

Thinking of Lauren's family tonight too Smooth.

I feel a sense of relief now, but not looking forward to the details of how Lauren's life was taken. I hope it's much different than what we have surmised..

Wonder if he confessed, probably not but one can hope.

I'm surprised they released the news by updating the inmate search site only, and didn't make a statement to the media or anything. Is that how things are usually done in such high profile cases? And now they're not having a press conference until tomorrow afternoon?
The charges came down this evening. There wasn't enough time to prepare for a news conference earlier than tomorrow. But LE and the DA's office knew word would get out before then, so they issued a news release tonight. I don't think that's irregular.

I guess I did not expect to feel so sad. It just hit home that this was such a senseless murder. They were both in the prime of their lives. I hate this for everyone. I hate this for both families. I really do.

DITTO! Terrible tragedy. I guess they will forever be linked..............maybe the plan all along

Well, if he is found guilty, he will be in for a life of hell. I can't imagine being an atty in jail,accused of condom theft, and claiming to be a virgin. I am not being funny either.

That's exactly how I feel also. You just summed it up.

I am relieved. I hope they have all the evidence. What we were hearing before was so vague. It left the door open for other possibilities. I hope this means the DNA directly connects him to the crime.

I know I can breathe a sigh of relief. I drove by the apartment several times today, and I was able to take some pics of the alley behind my daughter's old house while we moved the furniture out. No need to post them, now. But, we moved her only about a block away into another apartment. I was worried about her being there with this type of monster possibly running loose. I hope all the dots are connecting him to this. I don't want this to be a shaky case.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Lauren's family and friends as they deal with this news. The pain and anger must be intense for them. It makes my heart break to even imagine what they must be going through.

Well, if he is found guilty, he will be in for a life of hell. I can't imagine being an atty in jail,accused of condom theft, and claiming to be a virgin. I am not being funny either.

And murdering and dismembering your neighbor of 3-4 years

Same here, GMTShivers. My prayers are with all of them.

Giddings' father told 13WMAZ he was informed by Bibb County District Attorney Greg Winters around 10 p.m. that they were serving a warrant for McDaniel on a murder charge.

In a telephone interview from his Maryland home, Bill Giddings said word of the murder charge was a relief to some extent but that many questions remain unanswered, including the location of missing body parts.

Giddings said he hoped McDaniel might want to help with that information now that he's been charged.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/138384/4/Stephen-McDaniel-Charged-With-Murder
I hope McD has compassion for Lauren's family and tells them where the rest of her remains are.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/138384/175/Stephen-McDaniel-Charged-With-Murder

Tuesday morning, Giddings' father told 13WMAZ that investigators were leaning toward McDaniel as a suspect and that police had no other persons of interest in the case, despite their statements to the contrary

SO IT SEEMS SOME DO MAKE IT UP AS THEY GO OR CHANGE THE RULES A BIT, reasons I'm sure........how do we feel about being mislead, (or did we really believe it anyway)

Authorities have said McDaniel first came to their attention through television interviews he gave on the day Giddings' body was found.

As mentioned earlier..............reasons 1 body found on premises, 2 Master key and 3, the VIDEO

Well......... sad for all, my prayers are really with both families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43