Warren Jeffs to return to Schleicher County TX to face charges

gosanangelo GoSanAngelo.com
#warrenjeffs done for today, ended with picture of Jeffs deeply kissing 12-year-old

Tx ranger at #warrenjeffs trial describes inside FLDS temple, 1st floor earthen tones, 2nd sky tones, 3rd all white.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/#warrenjeffs

the temple bed was on the third floor

http://texasflds.wordpress.com/2009/04/04/groundskeepers-bed/

if they ever show this picture, it should be soon. whenever they unveil the audiotape of a sexual assault. jmo(just a guess)

inside-the-polygamist-retreat-2009-4-3-18-1-30.jpg

This appears to be the original version of the Associated Press photo that was in the article mentioned above.

http://texasflds.wordpress.com/2009/04/04/groundskeepers-bed/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdVANRszrk"]Flora Jessop on Monday[/ame]

Some Federal prosecutor needs to step up and pursue this bunch under the RICO statutes. If FLDS doesn't meet the definition of organized crime (welfare fraud, tax evasion, institutionalized child rape/abuse), then NOTHING does. :mad: It really pizzes me off that my tax dollars are being used to support this disgusting bunch of scofflaws.

Witness and victims statements are evidence. I have heard all the evidence I need to hear to say he is GUILTY! Oh, also there is the DNA from the child he fathered by a minor child. Evidence of GUILT.

Well we will have to hear what the witnesses say first before I can form an opinion on that. The DNA is not conclusive, the state has even admitted that, it only shows that Jeffs is the POSSIBLE father of them, not 100% conclusive but certainly something to consider with rest of evidence to paint overall picture, I admit. The tape, I havent heard it so I have no idea what to say about that, tapes can be faked, not saying this one was, I would need to hear it and hear from experts to form an educated opinion about it.

As for the other post about the 3 floors of the temple, earthly, sky and all white. That makes sense since Mormons believe in the 3 realms, that of the earthly, the heavenly (sky tone) and the Celestial (all white) which is where most good Mormons, especially males, end up.

I will also admit if that picture is accurate and there is a bed on the 3rd floor in what appears to be some sort of priestly ceremonial type room that doesnt look good for them, while it is circumstantial at best and I refuse to speculate about it I will say that it does make the mind wander a bit as to what purpose a bed would serve in such a place. Again, if is this real, it doesnt look good for the FLDS and Jeffs in particular.

Uh this isnt North Korea, he is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. Sometimes I wonder what kind of world we would live in if some of what I read on these forums became a reality, certainly not a world that interests me.

Like him or not this is America and he has a right to a fair trial.

The burn him at the stake before he is proven guilty approach didnt work with Casey and it isnt going to work with Jeffs.

I know not everyone agrees with the Constitution but it IS the law of the land, there are plenty of other places in the world that dont respect human rights, we dont need to add to the list.

Cheney Mason, is that you?

Just want to point out that "innocent until proven guilty" is NOT in the Constitution. This has been bugging me since the Casey trial. It's a legal principle, but it doesn't stem from the Constitution.

If Jeffs is proven guilty then by all means he should be punished for it but we do not know that he is guilty we only know what the state tells us and we all know how that worked out in the Anthony case, the state was proven to be as big a liar as she is. Let the evidence speak for itself.

I already know Jeffs is a child molester and is running an institutionalized child molesting ring regardless of what the court says. Just like I know Casey killed Caylee.

Did anyone really expect him to get up and defending himself like any other lawyer would? Warren Jeffs has very strong and fundamnetal religious beliefs, he doesnt see what he did, whatever it may be, as being wrong, according to his religion he did what his God commanded him to, really no different than what Jesus or any other religious zealot did in their own time and place, they simply do not recognize the powers that be and therefore they have no authority over them, locking them up or even killing them means nothing to them, it only makes them more powerful in the eyes of their followers because they were persecuted for their religious beliefs.

That's odd. I don't recall Jesus being accused of sexually assaulting underage girls. I also don't recall Jesus rejecting Roman authority even. Nope, I'm going to have to go out on a limb here and say I don't see much similarity between Jeffs and Jesus at all and that any such comparison is ludicrous.

Prosecutors played an audio recording Tuesday of a polygamist sect leader instructing his 14-year-old "spiritual wife" on how to please him sexually, and thus please God.

Among the documents seized was a record of Jeffs' spiritual marriage "for time and all eternity" with the 14-year-old in January 2004. An excerpt from hundreds of pages of Jeffs' personal journals said the child was "pure and innocent and willing to obey" and he summoned her parents and "informed them of their girl belonging to me."

(Texas Ranger Nick) Hannah read from Jeffs' journals, which said he took the 14-year-old the night after their wedding with him and another of his new wives on a car ride outside the church's headquarters along the Utah-Arizona border for "training." There, he instructed them on their responsibilities as his wives and had the session taped. The recording was transcribed and placed in church records later seized by police.

Lead prosecutor Eric Nichols played the tape for jurors, who followed along using transcripts. The recording was difficult to understand due to traffic noise, and the transcript wasn't made public.

"A good wife is trained for her husband and follows the spirit of peace," Jeffs is heard saying. He also makes reference to "drawing close" or "being close," which is how church members refer to sex. Two female voices are heard saying "OK."

In writing about the session in his journal later, Jeffs said he told his wives they were "honorable vessels, property of your husband's kingdom and the Kingdom of God on Earth."

More: Texas jury hears tape of polygamist discussing sex

#warrenjeffs objecting more intensely now. Judge: " this is not the time to make speeches"
36 minutes ago

#warrenjeffs On an FLDS doc written during christmas day: "Remove the Idolatry of Toys"
35 minutes ago

prosecutor in #warrenjeffs trial tossed down file w evidence on table after upteenth Jeffs objection, pros said court must address abuse
24 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/search/#warrenjeffs

SomeRandomChick SomeRandomChick
"Sweet, sweet retribution that 11 women now sit in judgement of Warren Jeffs."
1 minute ago

florajessop Flora Jessop
"People need to understand that Warren Jeffs is offended that the judge is female."
4 hours ago

I figured that out too! I'm sure he is very insulted that a mere woman is sitting as judge for his holiness...............:sick:

This cult of Jeffs is a prime example of the sex trade of women and children under the guise of religion in America. It is truly the time to put a halt on this crime.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv2q5wiV3kU"]Texas jury hears tape of Warren Jeffs discussing sex [/ame]

This cult of Jeffs is a prime example of the sex trade of women and children under the guise of religion in America. It is truly the time to put a halt on this crime.

Amen to that, if you'll pardon the pun lonetraveler.

Meanwhile, as we allow these criminal acts to continue as religious practices, our country has men and women dying overseas to fight those who espouse this same sort of oppression. We are aghast at the Taliban and their barbaric practices, and yet, the land of the free allows these FLDS, mysogynistic tyrants to run unchecked, skirting the law and sucking tax dollars, throwing young boys out on the street to fend for themselves in a world they've never known. It's infuriating and high time this group was hit with the full force of the law.

I am very disturbed, upset, out of sorts right now.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/#Warrenjeffs

State has played audiotape of #Warrenjeffs alleged assault of 12-yr-old spiritual wife: lots of heavy breathing, ends w/ prayer

AUDIOTAPE: #Warrenjeffs says alleged victims name, "feels good," female voice audible, some gasps..Think she said "Amen" at end of prayer.

gosangelo GoSanAngelo.com
#WarrenJeffs objected at beginning of 21-min 'sex tape' but then sat silent, still. Several jurors placed hands over their mouths.

Scott Schwebke
RT @florajessop: Twelve years and 21 days when she became #WarrenJeffs wife. #WarrenJeffs sexual assault on a child had quorum of wives present to witness.

florajessop Flora Jessop
Not sure the word "Amen" will ever be the same after hearing these wives echo this word as #WarrenJeffs completed his assault of 12 yr old

natecarlisle Nate Carlisle
Prosecutors claim #WarrenJeffs tape with 12y.o. girl made Aug. 2006, days before he was captured in Nevada. Was to be entered in FLDS record

Katy_Vine Katy Vine
State rested it's case around 12:40 and #warrenjeffs said he needed time to interview witnesses. "I need to determine the value of..."

Cheney Mason, is that you?

Just want to point out that "innocent until proven guilty" is NOT in the Constitution. This has been bugging me since the Casey trial. It's a legal principle, but it doesn't stem from the Constitution.

I already know Jeffs is a child molester and is running an institutionalized child molesting ring regardless of what the court says. Just like I know Casey killed Caylee.

Never said it was but due process is. While there is no 'presumption of innocence' spelled out per se, in the 6th amendment, the law does require that the state prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and until such a time that they do so the law requires that the defendent be presumed innocent. It is a legal right of anyone accused of a crime in the United States of America.

Its nice that you 'know' these things, but it doesnt matter what you or anyone else 'knows', what matters in our system of jurisprudence is whether the state can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. For example, in the case Florida v Casey Anthony, the state failed miserably in that regard and as a result the jury acquitted the defendant in short order, and rightfully so.

I recall a lot of people 'knowing' the earth was flat at one time and that it was the center of the universe too so its a good thing that we dont depend on that when it comes to taking away people's freedom and liberty otherwise there would be a lot more innocent people locked up in our prisons than there already is.

I would guess that the state will be more successful in the prosecution of Jeffs especially since he has now chosen to represent himself, and if the evidence shows he did what he is accused of he certainly should be held accountable for that.

Amen to that, if you'll pardon the pun lonetraveler.

Meanwhile, as we allow these criminal acts to continue as religious practices, our country has men and women dying overseas to fight those who espouse this same sort of oppression. We are aghast at the Taliban and their barbaric practices, and yet, the land of the free allows these FLDS, mysogynistic tyrants to run unchecked, skirting the law and sucking tax dollars, throwing young boys out on the street to fend for themselves in a world they've never known. It's infuriating and high time this group was hit with the full force of the law.

Thank you for posting this. You said it so much better than I could. I'm furious about America not looking at its own backyard for the same atrocities going on that America fights and dies to end in other foreign countries. Where is the outrage! Where is the fury! Where are the women and children advocate groups? Where is the IRS? Where are the Feds? Women and children are being traded across borders! Young boys are being abused and abandoned. Babies are being tortured by a technique that is basically "waterboarding". We have Americans furious over terrorist murderers being waterboarded but don't have any interest in babies receiving the same treatment for crying. This cult is ignored and is allowed to be covered in secrecy due to it being a "religious" sect...............yeah right! Slavery is alive and well here in America.:twocents:

Where is the outrage towards the Catholic Church which has abused many more children than the FLDS will ever be capable of. Lets raid the Vatican and put the Pope on trial.

Oh I forgot, they are not a 'cult' so its ok...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back