GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of McD putting the torso in the trash. If he had stored the torso in Apt 1, why not just leave it there. It would have been found, but it would have led away from him. Wouldn't that have been a pretty simple way to deal with it? It would have made that person's life a mess, or it could have been pretty easy to pin on the MM because he would have a reason to go in and out of empty apartments (if it was empty that week).
Or would it have?
I believe anxiety/panic may have played a big part in this decision.
After all, if he had simply left it in that vacant apartment refrigerator,
he could have gotten rid of it later the next day or something.
A simple missing person case would not have been reason enough
for the police to go searching through other apartments, IMO.
...and they would still be looking for her today.

BBM - McD's attorney acknowledged being told about the MM after his arrest also, not just his mother. McD distinctly stated on the day of his infamous interview that he heard nothing, knew nothing, etc. He was adamant. Of course WE didn't actually HEAR McD tell his attorney or his mother anything, but they both have acknowledged being told. Until I hear otherwise, I'm ok with assuming that this is a fact.
...the comment that she made earlier in the week about the maintenance man, we've been aware of that probably within 24 hours after Stephen was arrested, so that's something we were aware of.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/139352/175/Stephen-McDaniels-Attorney-To-Hire-Investigator

Speaking of McD putting the torso in the trash. If he had stored the torso in Apt 1, why not just leave it there. It would have been found, but it would have led away from him. Wouldn't that have been a pretty simple way to deal with it? It would have made that person's life a mess, or it could have been pretty easy to pin on the MM because he would have a reason to go in and out of empty apartments (if it was empty that week).

But we already know that MM/DD wasn't really a maintenance man and was really only a resident contact. He would have had no reason to go into that apartment. If the torso had been left there, the former tenant would have found it when he came back for the rest of his things. Maybe McD was friendly with him (more than he was with DD) and didn't want to pin it on him.

Especially, when so many people want to take a bit of information and twist into a fact when it isn't verified anywhere. Let's start with McD being infatuated with LG, for example. We have absolultely zilch supporting that, but it seems to be a fact now. We really don't know if he was in love with her, hated her, barely noticed her, considered her his best friend, or thought of her as a colleague and cohort in the law school. But the new 'fact' is he was obsessed and infatuated by her. It may be true, but where is any iota of supporting evidence towards that history? His mom making a comment about her? Then, DANG, I must have been infatuated with a million guys my mom pointed out to me when I was young! She was always telling me who I should like or should date. I was never interested in a one of those guys.

I have to agree with you here, to an extent.
We do still get little glimpses of this idea here and there,
like from this article that was pointed out a several posts back this evening.
Police have yet to reveal a possible motive in this case, but the Giddings family tell WJZ that they believe it was a case of fatal attraction.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/08/06/funeral-planned-for-md-woman-found-slain-in-georgia/

But we already know that MM/DD wasn't really a maintenance man and was really only a resident contact. He would have had no reason to go into that apartment. If the torso had been left there, the former tenant would have found it when he came back for the rest of his things. Maybe McD was friendly with him (more than he was with DD) and didn't want to pin it on him.
Maybe, but if he has a rock solid alibi, as several have indicated he must, then he would still have a rock solid alibi. Therefore, anyone with access to apartments would be on the line. Back to the MM (Which is what he seems to be stuck with looking through the thread. Not my call, just being agreeable to this new fact, DD is now the MM.). MM would have to explain his involvement, as well as BB, and anyone else with a known key.

I have to agree with you here, to an extent.
We do still get little glimpses of this idea here and there,
like from this article that was pointed out a several posts back this evening.

I followed your link, but I do not see anything about him exhibiting any attraction to her in it. Am I missing it? Not being rude. I really don't see it.

Absolutely! That is one of the things I keep seeing. An idea suddenly becomes a new truth. And there is no basis for it. The only way to make a valid argument is to have the truth behind you. If you hypothesize A theory if X, Y, and Z happened. The B theory would involve if only X happened. And C theory might have J, K, and L happening. As long as you are aware that without facts being supported, other options are just as valid as yours is.

Are you speaking of posts you see here? I think it's an unspoken and accepted understanding that we are all speaking in theory here when we post. To state that every time you write something becomes cumbersome. Since there are few known "truths" to back up our theories, we discuss possibilities. I haven't seen an idea become a truth merely because someone verbalized it. It's just kind of a building block process that occurs over time as the case unfolds.

Absolutely! That is one of the things I keep seeing. An idea suddenly becomes a new truth. And there is no basis for it. The only way to make a valid argument is to have the truth behind you. If you hypothesize A theory if X, Y, and Z happened. The B theory would involve if only X happened. And C theory might have J, K, and L happening. As long as you are aware that without facts being supported, other options are just as valid as yours is.

See, now that 'case facts' app needs a "theory builder", with linked and time-lined facts - with variants! :pullhair:

I'd like to know if mama has asked to see these, and what excuse SM would give her for them?
In regards to the scratches on McD:
Mama will release a statement saying that Stephen was studying the Old Testiment when he saw MM squeal out of the parking lot, hitting a mother cat. Stephen, being the kind soul that he is, rushed down to save the kittens that were born in "them weeds." He had to wrap them in one of the millions of blue shirts that she bought him....the very shirt off his back. While he was busy wrapping their cold shaking bodies, they scratched him out of fear... McD pushed through the pain because it was then, and ONLY then that he realized why the people of his highschool expressed discomfort from his finger nail graze. How could something that he thought was a sign of friendship hurt bad?

Maybe, but if he has a rock solid alibi, as several have indicated he must, then he would still have a rock solid alibi. Therefore, anyone with access to apartments would be on the line. Back to the MM (Which is what he seems to be stuck with looking through the thread. Not my call, just being agreeable to this new fact, DD is now the MM.). MM would have to explain his involvement, as well as BB, and anyone else with a known key.

Unfortunately for McD, apparently MM/DD also has a rock solid alibi for the night he said he saw him on the balcony, allegedly where lots of people saw him. But back to where this started, I don't think he ever intended for her to be found out to be a murder victim. It would have worked much better for him if she disappeared without a trace.

Are you speaking of posts you see here? I think it's an unspoken and accepted understanding that we are all speaking in theory here when we post. To state that every time you write something becomes cumbersome. Since there are few known "truths" to back up our theories, we discuss possibilities. I haven't seen an idea become a truth merely because someone verbalized it. It's just kind of a building block process that occurs over time as the case unfolds.

I am honestly speaking more of the unwillingness to allow others to verbalize a differing view. Either agree or go away was what I was feeling, especially yesterday. I am hoping this is a newer, more open, and friendlier discussion now. I love counter views, but not attacks on every view that is different from the mass. And I'm not the only one proposing alternate views. I look at the alternate views to make sure I cover all bases. It often strengthens the view I feel is most viable. It doesn't mean that my alternate view is the answer. It just another possibility to explore. But in that, realizing your theory is not fact, neither is mine. The best we can do is try to see where all the puzzle pieces can fit and rearrange them to see if they fit better another way.

I see what you mean about the "understanding" and I agree somewhat. But I do see things that gradually acquire a kind of build-up surrounding them, they get bigger than they originally were and sometimes totally morph.

I guess some posters are able to sway others more effectively with their writing styles, reputations, whatever -- and nothing wrong with that, those are their gifts to use! But --especially for a newcomer to the threads--I think sometimes "opinion" does get swept over into "fact".

In regards to the scratches on McD:
Mama will release a statement saying that Stephen was studying the Old Testiment when he saw MM squeal out of the parking lot, hitting a mother cat. Stephen, being the kind soul that he is, rushed down to save the kittens that were born in "them weeds." He had to wrap them in one of the millions of blue shirts that she bought him....the very shirt off his back. While he was busy wrapping their cold shaking bodies, they scratched him out of fear... McD pushed through the pain because it was then, and ONLY then that he realized why the people of his highschool expressed discomfort from his finger nail graze. How could something that he thought was a sign of friendship hurt bad?

Local RUMOR, but from reliable rumor sources, says that he told the police he'd been hunting and that's where the scratches came from. Not stating this as fact though. FWIW

Thanks Backwoods. I just watched the entire interview again and I GUESS he meant because they had all searched after midnight etc, that that was the reason he was up into early hours.

Thanks a lot for posting the transcript. I will be sure to read it.

You're certainly welcome, but I just posted the link -- Destini deserves the real thanks, for doing that transcript to begin with. I know I've referred to it lots!

From what I remember, yes, he is saying he was up to all hours helping search.

I have given thought to the idea of blue clothing. I looked at my husband's wardrobe. And I thought about my son's wardrobe. They both wear a lot of blue. I think most men do. There are various shades of blue, but I see most men wearing mostly blue of some sort. Even a lot of work uniforms are blue. How many of you men posting here have more than one or two blue (any shade) shirts?

And how many households have blue towels? I know I have several blue towels. I think it is very common. Probably one of the most common.

I am going to see if I can find any information about that.

Edited to add this link about color: http://desktoppub.about.com/od/choosingcolors/f/mencolors.htm
Not the highest authority, but maybe some of the guys on here could chime in about their preferences, or what colors dominate their wardrobe (Minus dress white shirts. Those are a necessity.)

I am honestly speaking more of the unwillingness to allow others to verbalize a differing view. Either agree or go away was what I was feeling, especially yesterday. I am hoping this is a newer, more open, and friendlier discussion now. I love counter views, but not attacks on every view that is different from the mass. And I'm not the only one proposing alternate views. I look at the alternate views to make sure I cover all bases. It often strengthens the view I feel is most viable. It doesn't mean that my alternate view is the answer. It just another possibility to explore. But in that, realizing your theory is not fact, neither is mine. The best we can do is try to see where all the puzzle pieces can fit and rearrange them to see if they fit better another way.

and Backwoods said: "Amen!"

I agree and I also think most people are pretty good about searching out and posting links for their sources so everyone else can see for themselves what was said in a particular article or from a particular source. From what I can tell, if you don't post a link for your source, someone will usually ask for it and others will help find it.

I see what you mean about the "understanding" and I agree somewhat. But I do see things that gradually acquire a kind of build-up surrounding them, they get bigger than they originally were and sometimes totally morph.

I guess some posters are able to sway others more effectively with their writing styles, reputations, whatever -- and nothing wrong with that, those are their gifts to use! But --especially for a newcomer to the threads--I think sometimes "opinion" does get swept over into "fact".

Sway others with writing styles and reputations. I disagree, newcomers are able to form their own opinions based on what they hear in the media and their own personal intuitions about the case.

My opinion is McD murdered Lauren. I speak to and respond to posts that are similar to what I theorize happened in this case. If I don't agree with an alternate theory I skip over the post.

Hmm... at this point, I'd have trouble believing McD is capable of this type of concern or loyalty toward another person :snooty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels