GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wondered if he was framing DD if maybe he took her to the camp site...you know where she was supposed to go caming with the dudes that lived on Orange St...or wherever.

When I'm wearing the guilt glasses, I have wondered if maybe SM tried to first coax and then coerce LG to go with him on a separate camping trip of their own, playing out a fantasy that if they could spend some time alone, she would fall for him. Absolutely no real reason for me to come up with that possibility -- just something that popped into my mind when I was thinking of how things may have happened if he is guilty.

On a different note, I keep going back to the apartment foorplans. We were able to ascertain that a common wall separated their bathrooms, so he quite likely would have known when she was taking a shower. But I've also been very curious about whether McD was spying on Lauren in her apartment. Then we learned the other day that LE confiscated a good deal of electronic equipment including cameras, flash drives, and memory cards.

BBM

Greetings from a Websleuths newcomer! I've been reading this forum from afar for quite some time, but I've finally reached the last point of resistance and just had to join. Although I stumbled upon this website under the most unfortunate of circumstances, I truly am so glad to have found a victim-friendly, unbiased forum in which passionate people try to make sense of some of the most mind-boggling crimes. As a Mercer Law graduate with lots of ties to Macon, I've been consumed by this case from its inception. Apart from the obvious gut-wrenching manner in which such a beautiful life was taken, I'm also completely horrified by the fact that, should he be found guilty, I attended school with a human being capable of committing such an atrocity. I've often heard people try to relate the feeling, but I honestly don't think any description can sufficiently describe the all-encompassing suspicion and cynicism that creeps into your mind once you discover that someone you interacted with might have committed murder....and this kind of murder. As a disclaimer, I wasn't close to either Lauren or Stephen, but I did in fact attend a class with Stephen, and can at least attest to that portion of Stephen's academic life. For what it's worth, the class we attended together was an extremely interactive class in which the professor would pose daily hypotheticals and would encourage everyone in the class to pick a side, and make an argument. After some serious effort, I can honestly say that I can't remember Stephen speaking in class a single time. However, I do remember seeing him quite regularly approaching the professor with questions after class. At times, he had so many questions, he would even walk with the Professor back to his office. I also received the now infamous email Stephen sent, and from the time he sent that email until the day I graduated, I always remembered him as "that guy" who sent the ridiculous email.

As for Bessie's quotation, I just wanted to offer a tad bit of information that could be relevant, or it could mean nothing at all. I know when I was sending my information to the fitness board, we all had to go to a local store to be fingerprinted (so that our criminal backgrounds could be checked). The interesting thing about the store is that it was a spy store of sorts that sold all types of electronics and hidden cameras, etc. I graduated before Stephen, so I'm not sure if his class was required to go to this specific store, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks again to all of you for your insight and I look forward to actually writing and not just scrolling!

Bessie: I've tried to search for the verification link, but have had no luck. Is there any way you could post it just one more time???

Yep, me noticed as well that my personal Stanley hacksaw was not identical to WalMart..lol(yes I know incorrect grammar..lol)..

But I did not realize and recognize the difference in my saw to the WalMart saw until I was studying the Stanley tools PDF which at that point the entire first portion of my post had already been composed.. And after my realizing the difference by the time I finished composing the post I had long since forgotten that my Stanley hacksaw(that I posted photo of couple weeks back.. That I believe actually blew the margins on that page..lol) was not indeed identical to the WalMart Stanley saw with it's main difference being that mine is not an adjustable saw where Walmart's is and therefor able to use both/either 10inch and/or a 12inch blade due to it's being adjustable..

As far as the replacement blades and "if" he did actually even use them.. Because I'm not convinced he did, tho IMO common sense would be that one would.. So therefor I went with that in theory therefor showing that "if" he did use replacement blades it could mean just that much more traceable evidence straight back to Stephen..

So in my thoughts of "if" he used replacement why woukd he not put brand new, replaced blade that was unused on the saw before placing it in the storage area where it was eventually located by LE.. Well.. For me it would only further add to the possibility that he had a possible plan b for if Lauren's remains were to have been located thus pointing evidence to the man who by his own attorney's admission that Stephen has pointed a finger saying the crazy IMO MM on Laurens balcony the night of the alleged break in.. And only further fueled with Mom having told the media that he son told her that similar to fibers that she had come to the conclusion were found on the torso(blue and gray fibers specifically) that her son informed that none other than that same "MM"'s car interior were infact blue and gray..

Just some thoughts and possibilities..

When I'm wearing the guilt glasses, I have wondered if maybe SM tried to first coax and then coerce LG to go with him on a separate camping trip of their own, playing out a fantasy that if they could spend some time alone, she would fall for him. Absolutely no real reason for me to come up with that possibility -- just something that popped into my mind when I was thinking of how things may have happened if he is guilty.

That is pretty good...maybe so.

Also, I never posted this about the interview....but now that we are really digging. Before he knows they found the body he is selling the "snatched while running" hard. Like GARoyalty says.
Then after the "body?" he is convinced someone broke in. Then, it is HOODLUMS, small guns for protection, "felt unsafe in her apartment" and "getting her out of there."

BBM

Greetings from a Websleuths newcomer! I've been reading this forum from afar for quite some time, but I've finally reached the last point of resistance and just had to join. Although I stumbled upon this website under the most unfortunate of circumstances, I truly am so glad to have found a victim-friendly, unbiased forum in which passionate people try to make sense of some of the most mind-boggling crimes. As a Mercer Law graduate with lots of ties to Macon, I've been consumed by this case from its inception. Apart from the obvious gut-wrenching manner in which such a beautiful life was taken, I'm also completely horrified by the fact that, should he be found guilty, I attended school with a human being capable of committing such an atrocity. I've often heard people try to relate the feeling, but I honestly don't think any description can sufficiently describe the all-encompassing suspicion and cynicism that creeps into your mind once you discover that someone you interacted with might have committed murder....and this kind of murder. As a disclaimer, I wasn't close to either Lauren or Stephen, but I did in fact attend a class with Stephen, and can at least attest to that portion of Stephen's academic life. For what it's worth, the class we attended together was an extremely interactive class in which the professor would pose daily hypotheticals and would encourage everyone in the class to pick a side, and make an argument. After some serious effort, I can honestly say that I can't remember Stephen speaking in class a single time. However, I do remember seeing him quite regularly approaching the professor with questions after class. At times, he had so many questions, he would even walk with the Professor back to his office. I also received the now infamous email Stephen sent, and from the time he sent that email until the day I graduated, I always remembered him as "that guy" who sent the ridiculous email.

As for Bessie's quotation, I just wanted to offer a tad bit of information that could be relevant, or it could mean nothing at all. I know when I was sending my information to the fitness board, we all had to go to a local store to be fingerprinted (so that our criminal backgrounds could be checked). The interesting thing about the store is that it was a spy store of sorts that sold all types of electronics and hidden cameras, etc. I graduated before Stephen, so I'm not sure if his class was required to go to this specific store, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks again to all of you for your insight and I look forward to actually writing and not just scrolling!

Bessie: I've tried to search for the verification link, but have had no luck. Is there any way you could post it just one more time???

Hi, Irene Adler, and welcome! Yours should be a very interesting perspective. I hear you, that it is hard for those of us not in the situation to understand the impact these sad events must have on you. Thanks for being willing to join us despite that impact.

Looks like we are about due to get a new thread, as I think this one is reaching the max page limit, so don't get lost when we switch over to the next one!

edited to add a question: When you speak of sending your information to the fitness board--when does that happen? Is it shortly before taking the bar exam, or earlier?

Just thought you all would want to know that per someone who works for the FBI (who I met by chance yesterday), who is set to trek thru the landfill soon to search for LG...this person stated that LG's family raised all the funds needed to do this search, and that it was mostly going to be of a personal nature for closure for the family. Supposedly, the FBI and other volunteers and LE will search around a football field size portion of the landfill. Crazy. I do not know how much they raised, but if they even raised the $50K for one day of searching, that is amazing!!!

Just thought you all would want to know that per someone who works for the FBI (who I met by chance yesterday), who is set to trek thru the landfill soon to search for LG...this person stated that LG's family raised all the funds needed to do this search, and that it was mostly going to be of a personal nature for closure for the family. Supposedly, the FBI and other volunteers and LE will search around a football field size portion of the landfill. Crazy. I do not know how much they raised, but if they even raised the $50K for one day of searching, that is amazing!!!

I know that many, many other prayers will go out along with mine that they will find what they need to find.

Welcome, Irene Adler! As a woman who could outsmart the great Holmes, himself, we're honored that you've joined us. :) Thank you for that enlightening first post.

Here's the link with the information on becoming verified.

:welcome5:

Also, I wanted to let you guys know that I looked through Flickr and found as many pictures as I could from downtown Macon during the last week of June. I found one person that was in the area that took tourist type pictures. I was thinking that maybe they had some pictures with cars or people in the background. She might not write me back, but I explained the situation and am hoping she will or will at least send them to LE.

That's good to hear. My best wishes for the family. I pray they find the answers they seek.

Hi, Irene Adler, and welcome! Yours should be a very interesting perspective. I hear you, that it is hard for those of us not in the situation to understand the impact these sad events must have on you. Thanks for being willing to join us despite that impact.

Looks like we are about due to get a new thread, as I think this one is reaching the max page limit, so don't get lost when we switch over to the next one!

edited to add a question: When you speak of sending your information to the fitness board--when does that happen? Is it shortly before taking the bar exam, or earlier?
Yep, you're right. Hold your thoughts for a moment everyone while I start a new one. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

Hi there. In order to sit for the bar, law students first have to have their character and fitness assessed. From what I can remember, we had to have our fitness app in sometime in October of our third year. I think there may have been a late deadline in December, but either way, all of the information (which includes credit history, job history, driving history, and arrest record) had to be in before the last semester of our third year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname