CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T Major electrical power outage in San Diego Area

SDG&E: "Power Out Into the Night"
Transmitting lines were severed, causing power outage

Communities across San Diego went dark Thursday afternoon as a power outage plagued parts of Southern California.

"We expect power to be out well into the night and into tomorrow in some areas," a spokesman for the utility said shortly before 5 p.m.

A transmitter line between Arizona and California was severed ...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/San-Diego-Communities-Experience-Blackout-129493378.html

& a credible terrorist threat. Sitrick & Co. hard at work! just kidding folks.

Here we go again .. Nite all!

Points well taken. But let's say that your grandson's father has a new girlfriend move in with him. And she becomes the usual caretaker for your grandson. How would you feel if he had a similar accident, and she said she had not seen him for 10 to 20 minutes and she had been in the bathroom when he fell over the balcony? Would you feel that she had done a good job watching him that day?

Honestly my dear, I have been in nursing for 19 years. I have seen some of the strangest, most incredible accidents, after the fact of course. I have also had to go down and dirty and go to court when I reported child abuse and elder abuse.

I hope I would look beyond my anger, question what had happened and if it was an accident, I hope I could let it go. If there was a question as to whether or not it was an accident, I would do everything in my power and then some to find out.

If my grandson had bruises that could not have been from the accident, a hand print on his body where he was hit, hand prints on his ankle, legs or arms, where he had been pushed or thrown off the balcony, I can only say that I would be in jail held on murder charges, cause that biotch would be dead.

I still can not understand how Max could have spoken, but if he truly did say Ocean, than it sounds as if this was a horrific accident. Maybe preventable, if they didn't have a dog, or if Max had followed household rules, or MAYBE even if Rebecca had not taken 10 minutes to go to the bathroom, which is how long she said it was. But accidents DO happen. Adults with children in their care do have to go to the bathroom. Accidents do kill adults and children. Most accidents are preventable, but they are known as accidents for a reason.

this is from RN's sister:

"Becky was extremely close with Max. They loved each other very, very much. Dina was jealous of that relationship between her son, and Becky,” Mary Zahau tells RadarOnline.com exclusively. “Max would spend so much time with Becky and then go home and tell Dina how much he loved Becky. If there was a school function or Max had a soccer game, Dina would sometimes demand that Becky not be there,"

WOW. I am sorry, but the more I learn about RN the more I feel she was possibly having mental issues. Did she seriously tell her family that Max loved her so much that his mom was jealous ? SERIOUSLY?

wow. What a sick thing to say and a sick thing for the sister to go around bragging about. And let's see, Becky was so very very close with Max, yet according to thew family, felt no guilt about his death during her watch.

Even though she says he had been out of her sight for up to 20 minutes and last seen by her in the kitchen? And she feels no pangs of guilt that he ended up dead at the foot of the stairs? I think she was the one with the mental issues, not DS.

What's hinky for the goose is hinky for the gander, I guess. Oh, Dominick Dunne would've been in his element writing about this one.......

I guess what I am trying to say is that the way a parent takes care of their own child in the home is often slightly different than they expect from a caretaker or babysitter. RN was JS's girlfriend, and had agreed to take care of Max during the day. He was said to have a very athletic and adventurous, rambunctious kid. So leaving him to his own devices for up to 20 minutes while you are away in another private room like a bathroom is not right, imo.

If he was in his room or the playroom and she was in a nearby room where she coulod hear and keep a close eye, then great. But her sister was in the shower, and she was in the bathroom, leaving Max in the 27 room mansion all by himself. That is not safe, imo. And I do not blame DS for being angry at all.

I hear you and understand your feelings. And I know I'm not the first to say this but if Dina had issues with Rebecca, then Jonah certainly participated in the accident if one chooses to blame Rebecca. He is not blameless either if we are to follow that logic.

Points well taken. But let's say that your grandson's father has a new girlfriend move in with him. And she becomes the usual caretaker for your grandson. How would you feel if he had a similar accident, and she said she had not seen him for 10 to 20 minutes and she had been in the bathroom when he fell over the balcony? Would you feel that she had done a good job watching him that day?

I understand what you're saying, Katy.

But RZ & JS had been together for at least 2 years, so I don't think she could be considered a "new" girlfriend.

this is from RN's sister:

"Becky was extremely close with Max. They loved each other very, very much. Dina was jealous of that relationship between her son, and Becky,” Mary Zahau tells RadarOnline.com exclusively. “Max would spend so much time with Becky and then go home and tell Dina how much he loved Becky. If there was a school function or Max had a soccer game, Dina would sometimes demand that Becky not be there,"

WOW. I am sorry, but the more I learn about RN the more I feel she was possibly having mental issues. Did she seriously tell her family that Max loved her so much that his mom was jealous ? SERIOUSLY?

wow. What a sick thing to say and a sick thing for the sister to go around bragging about. And let's see, Becky was so very very close with Max, yet according to thew family, felt no guilt about his death during her watch.

Even though she says he had been out of her sight for up to 20 minutes and last seen by her in the kitchen? And she feels no pangs of guilt that he ended up dead at the foot of the stairs? I think she was the one with the mental issues, not DS.

I do not agree & I can not dismiss all of the strange evidence that has been presented. Nothing her family can say would deduct from my desire for explanations. JIMO

Honestly my dear, I have been in nursing for 19 years. I have seen some of the strangest, most incredible accidents, after the fact of course. I have also had to go down and dirty and go to court when I reported child abuse and elder abuse.

I hope I would look beyond my anger, question what had happened and if it was an accident, I hope I could let it go. If there was a question as to whether or not it was an accident, I would do everything in my power and then some to find out.

If my grandson had bruises that could not have been from the accident, a hand print on his body where he was hit, hand prints on his ankle, legs or arms, where he had been pushed or thrown off the balcony, I can only say that I would be in jail held on murder charges, cause that biotch would be dead.

I still can not understand how Max could have spoken, but if he truly did say Ocean, than it sounds as if this was a horrific accident. Maybe preventable, if they didn't have a dog, or if Max had followed household rules, or MAYBE even if Rebecca had not taken 10 minutes to go to the bathroom, which is how long she said it was. But accidents DO happen. Adults with children in their care do have to go to the bathroom. Accidents do kill adults and children. Most accidents are preventable, but they are known as accidents for a reason.

I am not at all implying that she hurt him purposely. I do not think she hit him or pushed him. I just have my doubts that it happened exactly as she described initially. Mainly because the family attorney is now pushing an entirely different cast of characters and different type of accident that RN first described.

And I also have trouble believing her supposed statements to her family that she felt no guilt, and that she shopped and talked about other things, with no sign of being that upset that she would kill herself. All of that sounds odd to me.on one hand we have them saying she was SUPER close, perhaps even closer to Max than his own mother, but then we also have them saying she felt no guilt and was 'fine' and even said as much. Hinky, imo.

If I was watching a 6 yr old,especially one that I was becoming a stepmother to, and he died in a violent accident under my care, I would be inconsolable and filled with guilt, rational or not. Even if it were not rationally my fault, I would be devastated. And her family is downplaying that totally. "No she even said she had no guilt, she was fine." REALLY?

I have a 6 year old and 3 year old grandson, who live with me. My 6 year old grandson has Aspbergers and is 'somewhere on the spectrum' per his psychologist. He is a wonderful child. He also has issues at times.

If it is a normal day, he is perfectly able to be left to 'his own devices' for a 1/2 hour or so, as he knows where to find me or Mom. He will sometimes sit at the table alone to eat, if he is taking his time, or watching a video or cartoon while eating.

He knows right from wrong, safe and dangerous. He is all boy, but is also responsible enough to know how to behave.

If it is a bad day, no holds barred, he can't be alone that long, period.

It sounds like Rebecca was around Max regularly. I think she knew his capabilities ans how well he needed to be 'watched'. Rebecca could have been doing a number of things. Where are the washers and dryers. Maybe she went to the bathroom and was then cleaning it. Maybe she didn't feel well and actually needed to be IN the bathroom for 10 minutes.

In the beginning of the autopsy it states she didn't see Max for 10 minutes. Later it says 10 to 20 minutes. If Max knew where she was, the situation should have been fine. Especially with her leaving him downstairs.

If only the mogul had just sprung for a nanny, perhaps all of this might have been avoided, both deaths. He also should never have bought that historic home if he wasn't planning to upkeep it. If you saw that great pic of the front on the Luxist link, it had a great pic of those beautiful front hedges lining the walk, which I'm assuming he just tore out rather than maintaining it. It looks so threadbare in its current condition. Tacky, nouveau-riche attitude, and el-cheapo to boot.

coronado1.jpg

131784-rebecca-zahau.jpg

Also there's a pic out there somewhere of the back courtyard with a smallish round picnic table set up. The lawn was in horrid condition.

<modsnip>

Please do not personally attack another member. That is so uncalled for. I think you should edit your post.

I understand what you're saying, Katy.

But RZ & JS had been together for at least 2 years, so I don't think she could be considered a "new" girlfriend.

Well, IIRC, she had just moved in as the child's caretaker very recently. Not for the whole 2 years.

It just feels bad to me, like something was very wrong. I guess we will wait and see. But I am not sure that DS was the 'crazy' one, like most here are implying. I think that RN was covering up something and it spun out of control.

Please do not personally attack another member. That is so uncalled for. I think you should edit your post.

I was not attacking her in any way. Sorry if you felt that way. She replied to me and did not say she felt attacked.

I don't like the alleged statements of RZ's sister claiming that DS was jealous of RZ's & MS's relationship.

If RZ's sister truly did say that, it's a petty, hurtful thing to say, and it's unnecessary.

If only the mogul had just sprung for a nanny, perhaps all of this might have been avoided, both deaths. He also should never have bought that historic home if he wasn't planning to upkeep it. If you saw that great pic of the front on the Luxist link, it had a great pic of those beautiful front hedges lining the walk, which I'm assuming he just tore out rather than maintaining it. It looks so threadbare in its current condition. Tacky, nouveau-riche attitude, and el-cheapo to boot.

Also there's a pic out there somewhere of the back courtyard with a smallish round picnic table set up. The lawn was in horrid condition.
Someone posted a link to proposed changes to the house that JS wanted to make. He had big big changes in mind, including changing the second story of the mainhouse from 6 bedrooms to 2 bedrooms with huge Her bathroom and walk-in closet. I'm sure he also had ideas for the landscaping. I love historical places so I'm glad that the floorplans were vetoed, I think this may have been in May or June 2011.

I am not at all implying that she hurt him purposely. I do not think she hit him or pushed him. I just have my doubts that it happened exactly as she described initially. Mainly because the family attorney is now pushing an entirely different cast of characters and different type of accident that RN first described.

And I also have trouble believing her supposed statements to her family that she felt no guilt, and that she shopped and talked about other things, with no sign of being that upset that she would kill herself. All of that sounds odd to me.on one hand we have them saying she was SUPER close, perhaps even closer to Max than his own mother, but then we also have them saying she felt no guilt and was 'fine' and even said as much. Hinky, imo.

Katy, everything that DS and Mary is saying can not be refuted by Rebecca. I do not believe that Rebecca was suicidal. I also do not believe that Rebecca felt NO guilt at all. But I don't think she felt guilty as in regards to believing that she caused Max's accident in any way.

No one knows the true circumstances of Max's accident. Except maybe Ocean, and I don't think we will be getting a report from him, if he is still alive at this point.

I also do not believe that we know the circumstances of Rebecca's death.

The two are intertwined. They will always be intertwined.

And just for the record, I had a step son, 6 years old, who loved his Mom, but cried every time he had to go home with her, because he wanted to live with me. I know what it is to have a stepson tell you he loves you. I know what it is to hurt because even though you love him so much, you k now he needs to be with his Mommy, so you do your best to make sure that you don't overstep the bounds as a step parent. It is ok to tell someone you love and trust about that relationship. It is a special relationship. It is amazing to feel like you have a part in helping that child feel love and trust. In pictures of Max and Rebecca he looks very comfortable and she looks like she truly loves him.

Someone posted a link to proposed changes to the house that JS wanted to make. He had big big changes in mind, including changing the second story of the mainhouse from 6 bedrooms to 2 bedrooms with huge Her bathroom and walk-in closet. I'm sure he also had ideas for the landscaping. I love historical places so I'm glad that the floorplans were vetoed, I think this may have been in May or June 2011.

Among them, he wanted to take out some of the Chicago Windows and put another balcony on; I thought I recall, at the front so they could have an ocean view.
Btw, is the newer pic I embedded too big?

Well, IIRC, she had just moved in as the child's caretaker very recently. Not for the whole 2 years.

It just feels bad to me, like something was very wrong. I guess we will wait and see. But I am not sure that DS was the 'crazy' one, like most here are implying. I think that RN was covering up something and it spun out of control.

And yet, JS and DS are the ones who have a history of violent altercations with one another, complete with police reports & photos.

I don't like the alleged statements of RZ's sister claiming that DS was jealous of RZ's & MS's relationship.

If she truly did say that, it's a petty, hurtful thing to say, and it's unnecessary.

I agree. Especially under these tragic circumstances. DS has tragically lost her only child, while under RN's care, and her family has the nerve to trash talk and say that DS was jealous because he loved RN more than his own mother?

That is just low, imo. And it follows the earlier pattern of allegedly putting the older children in the home at the time of the 'planking' accident. it is a low blow, imo.

I think RN's sisters are actually doing her a disservice if they are going to say things like " she was not that upset, she even went shopping with her sister before she flew home."

So are we to now hear that she took the 13 yr old out shopping that morning on Tuesday? And that is supposed to prove that she was NOT that upset, not enough to kill herself?

What that says to me is that she has mental issues if she could go 'shopping' on Tuesday morning. imoo I would not have been able to get out of bed the next morning after watching my 6 yr old stepson die before my eyes.

Thank you scorekeeper. I did not take it as an attack although I felt like it was somewhat personal. Thank you for your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg